Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

I appreciate that eat seems like I've been reckless. I tried everything in this thread first, when that did't work I reinstalled back to fresh Yosemite and moved onto the next method and so on. 

Back to ioreg, how do I produce it? I've opened IORegistryExplorer but I can't see any option or function called ioreg. I saw the option to save a file that can be opened in IORegEx which is what I attached.

File->Save.

My mistake, I selected the file when replying but I didn't realise I had to then attach it before posting.

Here it is, thanks.

The ioreg shows no BT device on the USB bus. You have a USB problem or a problem with the card itself (or have it disabled in BIOS?).

The ioreg shows no BT device on the USB bus. You have a USB problem or a problem with the card itself (or have it disabled in BIOS?).

Like I said previously, if I remove the Mac OS hard drive and put in another hard drive containing Windows, the BT works fine. It is found by Windows and can communicate with other BT devices. Checking the hardware information shows it being recognised as being on USB. If I simply take out the Windows hard drive and put the Mac OS hard drive back in, BT is suddenly non existent. Therefore it is not a problem with USB, not a problem with the card and BT is definitely not disabled in BIOS.

In the two years since this thread was started, have you ever seen something like this before? It seems to me like it's a software issue which is odd because I've had this problem through 5 reinstalls now. 

Here is how the device looks on the same machine but booted into Windows: http://imgur.com/wJTwv04

Like I said previously, if I remove the Mac OS hard drive and put in another hard drive containing Windows, the BT works fine. It is found by Windows and can communicate with other BT devices. Checking the hardware information shows it being recognised as being on USB. If I simply take out the Windows hard drive and put the Mac OS hard drive back in, BT is suddenly non existent. Therefore it is not a problem with USB, not a problem with the card and BT is definitely not disabled in BIOS.

In the two years since this thread was started, have you ever seen something like this before? It seems to me like it's a software issue which is odd because I've had this problem through 5 reinstalls now. 

Here is how the device looks on the same machine but booted into Windows: http://imgur.com/wJTwv04

But your problem is a USB problem on OS X. Fix the USB problem first, then come back to firmware uploading.

I have Killer wireless-n 1103 (Atheros half mini PCIe 9380) card. I saw on more site that it is supported native by osx El Capitan. I see the card is ok in system profiler (Airport extreme) but it is not finding any wifi channel. Only searching but won't find anything. I tried more things but it is not working. Can anyone help me?

This issue is driving me mad. I've ordered a adapter to the BCM4360CD I had. I thought it would work out of the box, but neither wifi or bluetooth did. Wifi is completely off. Bluetooth shows as on, but it can't pair devices after reboot. To get the bluetooth woking again, I have to remove com.apple.Bluetooth.plist, tune off Bluetooth and then pair the mouse / keyboard again. Clover shows ound Airport BCM at 0x1C0002, 0x0 at boot... Under bluetooth info, it shows the device, under wifi, absolutely nothing. Under DPCI Manager it shows the wireless adapter... I'm on 10.11, with Clover 3280.

Any tip? I don't know what else to do.

post-1455669-0-52174100-1444245018_thumb.jpg

post-1455669-0-04331300-1444245027_thumb.png

post-1455669-0-96578200-1444245034_thumb.png

post-1455669-0-05434900-1444245043_thumb.png

See Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach requested files

Likely, not authentic; device_id of 4360 is not valid.

So I've bought a fake device? Oh god, I didn't know there were such things. Is there anything else I can do to make sure of that?

Hi guys my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth works OOB. Handoff, Hotspot, AirDrop everythings work. But when I installed download or update anything my magic mouse unbelievable lagging sometimes I can't even move it. When finished install or update everything goes to been normal. How can I fix that?

Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual-band 2.4&5GHz AC 4 Antennas Wireless Network Card with BT4.0

lokjXpb.png

tRt595j.png

Hello everybody,

Two simple questions:

1) Is there yet a Broadcom(14e4) BCM94360CD 5 GHz Patch (10.11 and newer)? The WiFi works, but 5 GHz is not activated.
The BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff Patch (10.10 and newer) does not work with BCM94360CD on El Capitan (that is totally to be expected, since 10.10 ≠ 10.11 and BCM94360CD ≠ BCM94352). However, in Yosemite, the BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff Patch (10.10 and newer) Clover patch does enable 5GHz for the BCM94360CD.

2) Cosmetic issue: I have "FixAirport" enabled in Clover, and it allows WiFi to works on El Capitan. However, on System Profiler, PCI, it shows:

pci14e4,43a0:
  Type: Other Network Controller
  Driver Installed: Yes
  MSI: Yes
  Bus: PCI
  Slot: Airport@9,0,0
  Vendor ID: 0x14e4
  Device ID: 0x43a0
  Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x106b
  Subsystem ID: 0x8659
  Revision ID: 0x0003
  Link Width: x1
  Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I would like to have something more like:

Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter:
  Type: Wi-Fi Controller
  Driver Installed: Yes
  MSI: Yes
  Bus: PCI
  Slot: PCIe or Internal

Vendor ID: 0x14e4
  Device ID: 0x43a0
  Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x106b
  Subsystem ID: 0x8659
  Revision ID: 0x0003
  Link Width: x1
  Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

I understand that it is DSDT related, but if I can find where Clover patched my DSDT for Airport (RP04), I don't see what to edit to change that. It changed BR7A for ARPT, thus having the BCM4360 and one ethernet port on Airport Slot. It also adds a "Method (_DSM, 4…" to change some names, but nothing for the 43a0.

Thank you.

If needed, I can post required troubleshooting info, but I am asking first if such a patch (question 1) exists first.

Attach troubleshooting files

Here you are :

Problem Reporting (post to this thread with attachments)

1. Description of WiFi problem

-> 5GHz working in Yosemite, not in El Capitan. Same hardware

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

-> Hardware is ASUS X99 Deluxe

-> BIOS is official X99-DELUXE-ASUS-1901

-> Processor: Intel i7 5820K (Haswell-E)

-> Graphics: PCIe EVGA Nvidia GeForce 960 GTX

-> OS X version:

-> working 5GHz on 10.10.5

-> non working 5GHz on 10.11

3. Procedure/Guide Used

• Yosemite (this configuration is fully working)

-> BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /S/L/E

-> BrcmPatchRAM in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

-> Clover/Acpi FixAirport enabled

-> Clover/KextsToPatch:

-> 10.10-BCM94352-5GHz-FR 

-> 10.10-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme (cosmetic)

-> 10.10.2+ BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, Dokterdok

-> Clover ForceKextsToLoad:

-> \System\Library\Extensions\BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (not loading if not forced)

• El Capitan (this configuration is working except no 5GHz)

-> BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /S/L/E

-> BrcmPatchRAM2 in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

-> Yosemite Clover/Acpi FixAirport enabled

-> Clover/KextsToPatch:

-> 10.10-BCM94352-5GHz-FR 

-> 10.10-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme (cosmetic)

-> 10.11.dp1+ BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok original

-> Clover ForceKextsToLoad:

-> \System\Library\Extensions\BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

4. IOReg/File/Save a Copy As.../IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip (View Raw)

-> IOJones1.1 in attachment (1 for Yosemite, 1 for El Capitan)

5.Console/All Messages/kernel airport - select/Save Selection As:

-> in attachment (1 for Yosemite, 1 for El Capitan)

6. Screen shots:

1. DPCIManager/Satus

2. System Information/Hardware/Bluetooth

3. System Information/Hardware/Network/WiFi

4. System Information/Hardware/USB (Select BRCM...)

7. Chimera/Chameleon (if installed)

-> N/A

8. Clover (if installed)

1. EFI/Clover/config.plist

2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)

3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml if WiFi edited)

-> N/A

4. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (if WiFi edited)

-> N/A

Archive.zip

The 10.11 version comment is: 10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv

Verify patch: config-bcm94352-110.plist.zip

Experiments:

1. No 5GHz patch

2. 10.11 5GHz US

3. 10.11 5GHz FR

Patches in provided config-bcm94352-110.plist.zip are the same as the ones I was using, except the 5GHz-US-FCC (but the original HEX to change from [Find] is the same).

So:

• 10.11 5GHz US (Replace <4183fcff 742c48> by <66c70655 53eb2b>) tried -> no success
  • 10.11 5GHz FR (Replace <4183fcff 742c48> by <66c70646 52eb2b>) tried -> no success

The only experiment remaining now is no 5GHz patch and see what happens. I will try tomorrow.

The cosmetic 10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme does not work either.

Any update on when we might get better support for Handoff on El Capitan?

I'm using the BCM94352HMB but the chassis on my laptop doesn't support both PCI and USB from the one card so for BT I'm using one of those GMYLE dongles;

post-1590170-0-26362000-1445207081_thumb.pngpost-1590170-0-09516100-1445207082_thumb.png

The Bluetooth works OOB on Yosemite and El Capitan but Handoff doesn't.

On Yosemite I was able to get it working by following the instructions in the first post:

Installation
  1. Kext/binary patch
    1. Download (View Raw) wireless_bcm94352-100.command.zip
    2. Double click Downloads/wireless_bcm94352-100.command
      1. Patch: 1
        1. Handoff only

A simple sign out of iCloud and a restart got it working.

However on El Capitan it just won't work.

I followed the correct section:

Installation ​(Select one method)
  1. Kext/binary patch
    1. Download (View Raw) wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0.command.zip
    2. Double click Downloads/wireless_bcm94352-110.command
      1. Patch: 1
        1. Handoff only

That did it's thing, I signed out of iCloud on all my devices and restarted and still nothing.

One thing I have noticed that could be a problem, in Yosemite the firmware version showed as v14 c5555 but in El Capitan its now v14 c4096 as you can see above. Could that be causing the Handoff not to work? 

Any advice?