Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: RESOLVED

I had duplicate entries for my machine in "text message forwarding" and had to do the song and dance where you change your iCloud password and reactivate everything to get rid of them.  This had the effect of getting Handoff to work properly too.

Post left below for reference.

Well, AirDrop still doesn't really work but given how unreliable it is even on my legit Mac I don't think that's a Hack issue.

Also Handoff still doesn't always work either - like all of Apple's wireless and cloud based stuff it's kind of "when it feels like it, it might work".  But I've now seen my Hac browser appear on the iPhone so I know it's technically ok.

Anyone find that Handoff only works one way?

I'm on the El Cap GM and have followed the instructions etc. for my card (BCM94352) and even cloned by Mac Mini serials (I don't use it for that) so I can get iMessage going.

Text message forwarding works

Call forwarding works

5GHz wifi works

Handoff from iPhone to Hackintosh works

Wifi menu shows instant hotspot on iPhone

but

Handoff from Hackintosh to iPhone does not work

AirDrop does not work (says it's supported, but nothing appears)

Bluetooth in profiler says handoff supported, bluetooth LE supported etc.  Wi-Fi says airdrop supported and is seen as an Airport Extreme.

Anyone know typically why this happens... it's very strange that Handoff works one way but not the other!

Edit: AirDrop sort of works occasionally after all.  I briefly saw a device appear on it.  Might just be AirDrop being buggy.  Handoff is still one-way though

I can't seem to get 5GZ to work and its been working all the way through 10.10.5.  I now have 10.11 GM and followed the post #1 updated.  The Asus G750JX using the Azueware, BCM94352/BT

Using this 5GZ patch

AirPortBrcm4360

Find: 4183FCFF742C48

Replace: 66C7065553EB2B

Edited:

Working with Rehab's FakePCI kext.  Doesn't make sense though.  It should work with the Clover patch unless clover is not injecting?  I have heard some versions won't inject if you choose Yes instead of Detect?  I will test.  Looks like it had something to do with Clover.  Working with Clover Patch now.

Edited Once Again:

BT Handoff clover patch not working in 10.11.

Checked IOBluetoothFamily Binary and could not find:

1. Find: 48 85 C0 74 5C 0F B7 48

Edited Again:

I guess I chose the wrong patch, found the correct one on other site.  Its all good now found the patch inside "config-bcm94352-110.plist.zip"

1.  Find:  48 85 FF 74 47 48 8B 07

I'm so puzzled. I've tried getting this to work myself for the past 4 or 5 days but I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

I have Yosemite running on a Lenovo Thinkpad T420. Everything is good but I wanted to get WiFi and BT working so I purchased the BCM94352HMB (CE123H).

Followed the guide above for WiFi and have it working just fine by patching the IO80211Family.kext with my VendorID and ProductID (14e4,43b1).

However, I can't for the life of work out how to get BT working. I've tried all of the above and various other guides and nothing works.

In OS X, System Information doesn't show the BT device anywhere. I booted into Windows and that recognised the BT straight away. I installed the drivers and confirmed I was able to communicate with another BT device. I checked the driver details in Windows and it showed the VendorID as 04CA and the ProductID as 200A.

According to the-darkvoid it is the LiteOn variant but should be compatible as it uses the 20702 chipset. Has anybody else had a similar problem? Am I missing something? Towards the start of this thread someone mentioned that the 94352 required a DSDT edit to be recognised in OS X but the thread they linked to was no help either.

I'm so puzzled. I've tried getting this to work myself for the past 4 or 5 days but I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

I have Yosemite running on a Lenovo Thinkpad T420. Everything is good but I wanted to get WiFi and BT working so I purchased the BCM94352HMB (CE123H).

Followed the guide above for WiFi and have it working just fine by patching the IO80211Family.kext with my VendorID and ProductID (14e4,43b1).

However, I can't for the life of work out how to get BT working. I've tried all of the above and various other guides and nothing works.

In OS X, System Information doesn't show the BT device anywhere. I booted into Windows and that recognised the BT straight away. I installed the drivers and confirmed I was able to communicate with another BT device. I checked the driver details in Windows and it showed the VendorID as 04CA and the ProductID as 200A.

According to the-darkvoid it is the LiteOn variant but should be compatible as it uses the 20702 chipset. Has anybody else had a similar problem? Am I missing something? Towards the start of this thread someone mentioned that the 94352 required a DSDT edit to be recognised in OS X but the thread they linked to was no help either.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Thanks for the reply RehabMan. Unfortunately that is one of the methods I've tried. I will however try again now and report back in a few minutes.

Presumably I can just use Kext Utility to install the Injector?

UPDATE: So I tried BrcmPatchRAM+BrcmFirmwareRepo no luck. Tried BrcmBluetoothInjector and also no luck.

Edited by aetherTom

Thanks for the reply RehabMan. Unfortunately that is one of the methods I've tried. I will however try again now and report back in a few minutes.

Presumably I can just use Kext Utility to install the Injector?

UPDATE: So I tried BrcmPatchRAM+BrcmFirmwareRepo no luck. Tried BrcmBluetoothInjector and also no luck.

Make sure you eliminate all other solutions you may have tried.

Also, make sure you install the correct kext.

From your post, it is clear you didn't read the README (BrcmPatchRAM only for <=10.10, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext only for >=10.11, and will conflict with preferred kext for 10.11, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.

Start from a fresh install, if needed. And read the README carefully.

Make sure you eliminate all other solutions you may have tried.

Also, make sure you install the correct kext.

From your post, it is clear you didn't read the README (BrcmPatchRAM only for <=10.10, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext only for >=10.11, and will conflict with preferred kext for 10.11, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.

Start from a fresh install, if needed. And read the README carefully.

I've read and reread everything. I've tried your PatchRAM and it doesn't work for me. I tried the Injector out of curiosity and didn't expect it to work. I've followed every guide and thread mentioned and nothing will get this BT to show in OS X. I attempted it on Yosemite, then on El Capitan and then reinstalled back to Yosemite and still no luck.

I've read and reread everything. I've tried your PatchRAM and it doesn't work for me. I tried the Injector out of curiosity and didn't expect it to work. I've followed every guide and thread mentioned and nothing will get this BT to show in OS X. I attempted it on Yosemite, then on El Capitan and then reinstalled back to Yosemite and still no luck.

Why did you try BrcmPatchRAM and BrcmBluetoothInjector on the same system?

One is for <=10.10 only.

The other is for >=10.11 only.

You haven't even mentioned which version of OS X you're running, yet it is an extremely important detail.

Check your system.log for info on what BrcmPatchRAM[2].kext is doing.

As mentioned

Why did you try BrcmPatchRAM and BrcmBluetoothInjector on the same system?

One is for <=10.10 only.
The other is for >=10.11 only.

You haven't even mentioned which version of OS X you're running, yet it is an extremely important detail.

Check your system.log for info on what BrcmPatchRAM[2].kext is doing.

As mentioned in my first and most recent posts, I am trying to get this working on Yosemite (10.10) but have also had no luck on El Capitan (10.11) either.

Installing the kexts, restarting and then running cat /var/log/system.log | grep BrcmPatchRAM.kext yields no results.

Installing the kexts, restarting and then running cat /var/log/system.log | grep BrcmPatchRAM.kext yields no results.

No output expected.

Correct:

grep -y brcmpatch /var/log/system.log 
You should also check in ioreg to see if the device is even on the USB bus.

No firmware uploader can help you if your problem is actually a USB issue.

No output expected.

Correct:

grep -y /var/log/system.log brcmpatch
You should also check in ioreg to see if the device is even on the USB bus.

No firmware uploader can help you if your problem is actually a USB issue.

Please forgive my naivety, I ran grep -y /var/log/system.log brcmpatch and got No such file or directory - I'm not a CLI wizard so not sure if that's cos I've done it wrong or if that helps troubleshoot it.

Checking IORegistryExplorer it shows my integrated camera and a USB stick I have plugged in but doesn't show the BCM20702A0. I know that there isn't an issue with it though as it shows correctly in Windows.

Just also to be clear, this is the BCM20702A0 on the BCM94352HMB combo card and WiFi works fine.

Please forgive my naivety, I ran grep -y /var/log/system.log brcmpatch and got No such file or directory - I'm not a CLI wizard so not sure if that's cos I've done it wrong or if that helps troubleshoot it.

Sorry for the typo. I always mix up grep command line params...

In the future... man can provide help 'man grep'.

Checking IORegistryExplorer it shows my integrated camera and a USB stick I have plugged in but doesn't show the BCM20702A0. I know that there isn't an issue with it though as it shows correctly in Windows.

Sounds like a USB problem.

Or you have BT disabled in BIOS. Or a defective card.

Check hardware for correct function in Windows.

Your comment regarding Windows is a little confusing as you seem to mix freely the separate WiFi (on PCIe) and BT (on USB) devices.

Sorry for the typo. I always mix up grep command line params...

In the future... man can provide help 'man grep'.

Sounds like a USB problem.

Or you have BT disabled in BIOS. Or a defective card.

Check hardware for correct function in Windows.

Your comment regarding Windows is a little confusing as you seem to mix freely the separate WiFi (on PCIe) and BT (on USB) devices.

Look, I'm not an expert when it comes to all of this. I have a laptop and I have put in this: http://imgur.com/WsQIh4e

It is a single unit in a single interface in the laptop.

It's VID 04CA and PID 200A which is apparently supported. Taking out the Mac HD and putting in another running Windows 10, the BT works fine. Therefore I know it's not a hardware problem.

Look, I'm not an expert when it comes to all of this. I have a laptop and I have put in this: http://imgur.com/WsQIh4e

It is a single unit in a single interface in the laptop.

It's VID 04CA and PID 200A which is apparently supported. Taking out the Mac HD and putting in another running Windows 10, the BT works fine. Therefore I know it's not a hardware problem.

No information provided...

Post ioreg using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 if you expect to start to solve it.

No information provided...

Post ioreg using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 if you expect to start to solve it.

I have no idea what that means.

I thought ioreg was just a short way of saying IORegistryExplorer but now it seems it's a separate tool. Could please just explain to me what you want me to do to get the information that will help us troubleshoot this.

Post #1/Problem Reporting/4. Copy of IOReg....

Consider attaching all Problem Reporting files.

Ok thanks, I will get all of the info together now and post it, I have one question - "Console/All Messages/kernel airport - select/Save Selection As:"... what does that even mean? I am on Console/All Messages. I see nothing from there to do with 'kernel airport'. Of course I see the search bar for filtering but putting in kernel airport shows nothing.

Thanks.

As per post 1 problem reporting:

1. Description of WiFi problem: It's the BT that won't work, WiFi works perfectly.
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics: Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (no idea what MoBo), BIOS 1.46 modded for custom NIC, i5 2520M Sandy, Intel HD 3000
  3. Procedure/Guide Used: Everything posted in this thread, plus this thread: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/ and this thread: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2767-broadcom-bcm4352-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card/ with fresh reinstalls between each failed attempt.

To add to the above, I know there isn't a hardware issue as stated in my previous posts with Windows recognising the device without problems.

As per post 1 problem reporting:

To add to the above, I know there isn't a hardware issue as stated in my previous posts with Windows recognising the device without problems.

Why BTFirmwareUploader.kext? It is known to have issues (wake from sleep), is not open source, and will conflict with BrcmPatchRAM (as will any other bluetooth injector kext you may have installed).

I don't see an ioreg.

Why BTFirmwareUploader.kext? It is known to have issues (wake from sleep), is not open source, and will conflict with BrcmPatchRAM (as will any other bluetooth injector kext you may have installed).

I don't see an ioreg.

I appreciate that eat seems like I've been reckless. I tried everything in this thread first, when that did't work I reinstalled back to fresh Yosemite and moved onto the next method and so on. 

Back to ioreg, how do I produce it? I've opened IORegistryExplorer but I can't see any option or function called ioreg. I saw the option to save a file that can be opened in IORegEx which is what I attached.