Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

Yes, see Post #1, BCM BT (10.11)

Got the firmware updated but for some reason it's still not working for Handoff. I'll keep playing with it and see what I can get working.

Is there anything I can look for in the system.log or any other log/file for that matter that will show me Handoff communication happening or attempting to happen?

Patches in provided config-bcm94352-110.plist.zip are the same as the ones I was using, except the 5GHz-US-FCC (but the original HEX to change from [Find] is the same).

So:

• 10.11 5GHz US (Replace <4183fcff 742c48> by <66c70655 53eb2b>) tried -> no success
  • 10.11 5GHz FR (Replace <4183fcff 742c48> by <66c70646 52eb2b>) tried -> no success

The only experiment remaining now is no 5GHz patch and see what happens. I will try tomorrow.

The cosmetic 10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme does not work either.

Did try without the 5GHz patch. It does not work either.

Seems that the patches are non-effective in El Capitan, and yes I checked, the 10.10 and 10.11 patches are the same ones for 5GHz and cosmetic Airport Extreme, only the comments are different.

Is it only me, or is anybody with a BCM94360CD on El Capitan having the same problem? (no 5GHz)

PS: I solved my question #2 by editing SSDT (it was about info shown in System Info -> PCI for Wi-Fi Controller).

Got the firmware updated but for some reason it's still not working for Handoff. I'll keep playing with it and see what I can get working.

Is there anything I can look for in the system.log or any other log/file for that matter that will show me Handoff communication happening or attempting to happen?

Nobody? lol.

One thing I have noticed that could be a problem, in Yosemite the firmware version showed as v14 c5555 but in El Capitan its now v14 c4096 as you can see above. Could that be causing the Handoff not to work? 

Any advice?

I'm having the same problem only my firmware is now c5565.  I followed all the instructions and have tried all of RehabMan's proposed installation methods on his GitHub page.  Still no luck (although I don't need a firmware uploader.  I can use his injector kext to get BT working.  Just not Handoff.)  toleda's response to see post #1 is way too cryptic for me to understand.  Is there a clear way to change the firmware that is seen by El Capitan?  I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

EDIT:  Using RehabMan's kext patch for Clover, I am now showing firmware version v14c4096.  Still no Handoff.

I'm having the same problem only my firmware is now c5565. I followed all the instructions and have tried all of RehabMan's proposed installation methods on his GitHub page. Still no luck (although I don't need a firmware uploader. I can use his injector kext to get BT working. Just not Handoff.) toleda's response to see post #1 is way too cryptic for me to understand. Is there a clear way to change the firmware that is seen by El Capitan? I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

EDIT: Using RehabMan's kext patch for Clover, I am now showing firmware version v14c4096. Still no Handoff.

Handoff has nothing to do with fw version. My card has handoff for any fw version

Handoff has nothing to do with fw version. My card has handoff for any fw version

OK, here's what I have determined as of now.  I have 2 partitions with El Cap on them.  One is 10.11 (my 40gb test partition) and one is 10.11.1 (my main partition).  I can get Handoff working with 10.11 but not 10.11.1.  Both partitions are booted up with the same Clover EFI partition and all kexts/config are the same.  The only difference appears to be version of OS X.  Is that possible?

Hello,

Before my card wifi and bluetooth works fine with yosemite 10.10.5. today I install El capitan, My card asus AzureWave AW-CE123H / 802.11ac/n/b/g + Bluetooth 4.0 / Half-Size PCI-Express MiniCard doesn't work  handoff.

it find my iphone in list device but it can't pair with my iphone 

I copy FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext and FakePCIID.kext to clover/kext/10.11 => it works fine wifi but no bluetooth

copy BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to clover/kext/10.11 => it works fine wifi but no bluetooth

replace BrcmPatchRAM2.kext by BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext : Wifi works, bluetooth works but hand off doesn't work

I do EC reset but nothing have changed

Please see my desktop

post-415618-0-66062300-1446329691_thumb.png

how can i active my bt with handoff?

Hello,

Before my card wifi and bluetooth works fine with yosemite 10.10.5. today I install El capitan, My card asus AzureWave AW-CE123H / 802.11ac/n/b/g + Bluetooth 4.0 / Half-Size PCI-Express MiniCard doesn't work  handoff.

it find my iphone in list device but it can't pair with my iphone 

I copy FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext and FakePCIID.kext to clover/kext/10.11 => it works fine wifi but no bluetooth

copy BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to clover/kext/10.11 => it works fine wifi but no bluetooth

replace BrcmPatchRAM2.kext by BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext : Wifi works, bluetooth works but hand off doesn't work

I do EC reset but nothing have changed

Please see my desktop

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-10-31 at 21.12.09.png

how can i active my bt with handoff?

Read the README: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Carefully.

(you need BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareData.kext to /S/L/E)

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext will not help you get the correct firmware.

And handoff requires a new patch specific to 10.11. Read post #1.

Read the README: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Carefully.

(you need BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareData.kext to /S/L/E)

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext will not help you get the correct firmware.

And handoff requires a new patch specific to 10.11. Read post #1.

I wish it was that simple but as others have posted, Handoff no longer works in 10.11.1+ with the patches in the first post.

I wish it was that simple but as others have posted, Handoff no longer works in 10.11.1+ with the patches in the first post.

Which patch are you using? Do you see handoff enabled in System Information.

It is working here...

I can get Handoff working with 10.11 but not 10.11.1.  

For that feature, no changes in the binaries.

The update to 10.11.2, build 15C31f, restored Handoff.  Yay for me!  I have no clue why.

Hey @Rehabman,

maybe you can help me figure things out.

WIFI works perfectly but my Bluetooh won't.

Edith:

totally forgot to mention which card i use... :):

BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 867Mbps 802.11N BT 4.0 DELL DW1560

what i did:

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi to SLE

-> works OOB after reboot thanks for that!

BT:

Installed 

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareData.kext

-> reboot stuck loading firmware (seems to be)

system.log
Nov 11 13:02:15 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware store start

So i patched BRcmFirmwareRepo.kext adding:

BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1315.1573.zhx -> after your instructions specified with the asus windows firmware

In BrcmPatchRAM2.kext i edited the Info.plist reflecting the changes for my card:

DPCIManager -> defaults to -> AirPortBrcm4360

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards

Jan

post-1615419-0-07959600-1447254987_thumb.png

post-1615419-0-78342900-1447255083_thumb.png

Hey @Rehabman,

maybe you can help me figure things out.

WIFI works perfectly but my Bluetooh won't.

Edith:

totally forgot to mention which card i use... :):

what i did:

FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi to SLE

-> works OOB after reboot thanks for that!

BT:

Installed 

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareData.kext

-> reboot stuck loading firmware (seems to be)

system.log

Nov 11 13:02:15 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware store start

So i patched BRcmFirmwareRepo.kext adding:

BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1315.1573.zhx -> after your instructions specified with the asus windows firmware

In BrcmPatchRAM2.kext i edited the Info.plist reflecting the changes for my card:

DPCIManager -> defaults to -> AirPortBrcm4360

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards

Jan

From your logs, it appears you have (an old version) of BrcmPatchRAM.kext installed to 10.11.

Remove it.

nevermind solved my problem - my USB patching was not properly I disabled HS13 which bluetooth was bound to.

sorry for the time wasted. 

Edit:

Can anyone elaborate why airdrop is only working when i search for old devices to my other mac -> not working to iphone6?

would that mean that my BT is just using BT3.0 not 4.0?

Running:

Basically I got everything working handoff + hotspot works -> Thanks a lot!

Edited by jan-munich

Hi,

I am using an Atheros AR9287 with 10.11.1. I'm not able to get the device recognized by patching airportatheros40.kext using clover's patching feature. I am able to get it recognized by using toledaARPT.kext.

Any idea why one method would work over the other? In clover I'm finding pci168c,2a in AirPortAtheros40.kext info.plist and replacing with pci168c,2e.

Thanks

Hi! I like many others have a AzureWave AW-CE123H. Wifi works fine, but bluetooth has issues.

Bluetooth technically works. The computer detects my bluetooth device, and I'm able to pair with my mouse and keyboard. However, the quality of my connection is awful. Both my keyboard and mouse show an RSSI of less than -90 dmb, and the mouse in particular is extremely laggy and erratic.

I originally thought that hardware/environmental factors were to blame, except that both the keyboard and mouse work PERFECTLY under Windows, with the exact same hardware under the same conditions.

What could be going on here? I've tried using BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmwareData as well as BrcmBluetoothInjector (not at the same time, of course), and both give the same results.

Hi! I like many others have a AzureWave AW-CE123H. Wifi works fine, but bluetooth has issues.

Bluetooth technically works. The computer detects my bluetooth device, and I'm able to pair with my mouse and keyboard. However, the quality of my connection is awful. Both my keyboard and mouse show an RSSI of less than -90 dmb, and the mouse in particular is extremely laggy and erratic.

I originally thought that hardware/environmental factors were to blame, except that both the keyboard and mouse work PERFECTLY under Windows, with the exact same hardware under the same conditions.

What could be going on here? I've tried using BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmwareData as well as BrcmBluetoothInjector (not at the same time, of course), and both give the same results.

Did you compare the firmware used on Windows vs. firmware used on OS X?

Okay, so after booting into Windows and then soft-rebooting back into OS X, bluetooth works (despite the fact that I have no BT kexts installed, i guess the FW stays loaded) and performance is much, MUCH better. My mouse is usable functional now!

Strangely, the Firmware version listed in About This Mac is the same as when I loaded the firmware via kexts: v14 c5575. What?!

(Also, I can't seem to pair my Apple Keyboard, but one problem at a time).

Okay, so after booting into Windows and then soft-rebooting back into OS X, bluetooth works (despite the fact that I have no BT kexts installed, i guess the FW stays loaded) and performance is much, MUCH better. My mouse is usable functional now!

Strangely, the Firmware version listed in About This Mac is the same as when I loaded the firmware via kexts: v14 c5575. What?!

(Also, I can't seem to pair my Apple Keyboard, but one problem at a time).

Check in Windows device manager to see what firmware is loaded.  It is in device driver details from Device Manager (eg. properties on the BT device).

If you explore, you'll find it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi there

my first post ever with something related to mac os

but i worked hard

still only WiFi

so its Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter with this details

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_061211AD&REV_01\4&3A8DB702&0&00E1

i know this one is a difficult to find
is there any solution ? patch ... anything
thanks in advance i learned many thinks in this forum.