Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

glad you got it working (somewhat) :P

if you were still seeing a Quo folder earlier then 1479 oz wasn't loading because the folder structure now is Oz/

I'll try to write a small guide for ESP installs over the weekend that should also provide some better info of fv users as well.

I have it right I do believe.

MacUser2525:~$ mkdir /tmp/efi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 21:31:45
MacUser2525:~$ sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /tmp/efi
Password:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 21:31:56
MacUser2525:~$ ll /tmp/efi/EFI/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist
-rwxrwxrwx  1 MacUser2525  staff   1.5K 18 Sep 15:46 /tmp/efi/EFI/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist*

And if not I have an identical Oz in the next higher up EFI. This on both disk that have an os x install in the machine.

MacUser2525:~$ ll /tmp/efi/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist
-rwxrwxrwx  1 MacUser2525  staff   1.5K 18 Sep 14:40 /tmp/efi/EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist*

yes, thats it. Oz directory gets precedence over files in bios so any changes needed can/should be made there imho.

that being said it is good to also keep stock Defaults and Theme in bios just in case there was ever a problem finding the correct ESP in a system with multiple drives 

• Like 1

yes, thats it. Oz directory gets precedence over files in bios so any changes needed can/should be made there imho.

that being said it is good to also keep stock Defaults and Theme in bios just in case there was ever a problem finding the correct ESP in a system with multiple drives 

Son of a {censored} just on a hunch with your multiple drives I mounted the windows/linux drive EFI partitions and guess what.

MacUser2525:~$ sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /tmp/efi
Password:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 21:50:28
MacUser2525:~$ ll /tmp/efi/EFI/Oz/
total 4
drwxrwxrwx  1 MacUser2525  staff   1.0K 15 Sep 22:30 Acpi/
drwxrwxrwx  1 MacUser2525  staff   1.0K 15 Sep 22:30 Darwin/

It put the god damn thing in there. Well time to give it a try in there...

Edit: And I am now the proud owner of a iMac14,2 Christ what an adventure.. Platform from the .plist did not get used at all time to delete that.

Edit2: Now I think about it more what the hell is up with that it does not search the drive you are booting from for the files it needs damn stupid idea if you ask me.

MacUser, before a reset/or reinstall try putting the Oz directory on the ESP you want it on first. I would keep it separate from clover ESP if you are still using both

Oz is looking for the first FAT32 partition it can find, PartitionDXE helps to keep it in check but say for example you had a usb drive plugged in that was MBR but formatted FAT32 as a boot usb then there is a chance oz could install its files there or like wise for any other ESP/FAT32 partition

MacUser, before a reset/or reinstall try putting the Oz directory on the ESP you want it on first. I would keep it separate from clover ESP if you are still using both

Oz is looking for the first FAT32 partition it can find, PartitionDXE helps to keep it in check but say for example you had a usb drive plugged in that was MBR but formatted FAT32 as a boot usb then there is a chance oz could install its files there or like wise for any other ESP/FAT32 partition

I had done that on both os x drive before I re-installed the F9 of mine I tried but in a Quo I thought it was at the time before I learned they so helpfully changed the default from what it was well that is what I get for installing windows/linux in efi mode I guess, damn the hours wasted...

now that its set it should be good, that just happens to be a problem that can arise with multiple drives formatted as GPT.

one option for that would be to use bcfg boot command from shell to set the partition/drive that you want booted or listed as first/main 

now that its set it should be good, that just happens to be a problem that can arise with multiple drives formatted as GPT.

one option for that would be to use bcfg boot command from shell to set the partition/drive that you want booted or listed as first/main 

Would have been the idea if I had known it unlike Clover will search for files it needs on non-osx drives. What a nightmare if I want to install on my main machine then there are six drives in it all formatted gpt for osx only. So how do you use the bcfg I would just set my clone drive as first then hopefully it will/would pick up my RAID0 main install.

because Oz is a driver and you have added FS drivers that normally wouldn't be there you now have many more options on boot, that also happens to be one of the reasons the new BootEntriesFilter is such a nice addition.. especially on GA boards that like to show ALL partitions as bootable drives. 

kyndder wrote up a nice guide for bcfg here: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/21641-taking-advantage-of-the-uefi-firmware/

• Like 1

because Oz is a driver and you have added FS drivers that normally wouldn't be there you now have many more options on boot, that also happens to be one of the reasons the new BootEntriesFilter is such a nice addition.. especially on GA boards that like to show ALL partitions as bootable drives. 

kyndder wrote up a nice guide for bcfg here: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/21641-taking-advantage-of-the-uefi-firmware/

Thanks for the link looks handy. Should be able to add the Ubuntu back in to the boot and if it don't get there because of no extfs in the BIOS from that I can add that too from the shell damn handy idea this efi.

next week i will try with a rampage 4 extreme.

i have done some research but, for now, no documented x79 working with osmosis (both asus and gigabyte)

Thank's ! Hope this release will work for your new hardware  ^_^

Success updating z77x-ud5h BIOS 16g to ozmosis 1479. The new oz fixes NVRAM write issues under OSX with the 16g.

I was going to ask about the nvram fix as I wanted to try Oz again on my X79. Great to hear that it's already there :D

Now that the weekend is here I have time to roll a new BIOS for it so I'm going to start into this soon.

Just setting up my OzmosisDefaults now and I too would like to know if it's possible to set a custom UUID as well. I have this set up in my Clover config.

• Like 1

@joe75: being an ozmosis authority you could probably answer how to set the uuid with the new version of ozmosis? 

IOPlatformUUID/Hardware UUID is set by the HardwareSignature variable and ROM would be HardwareAddress under Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102

• Like 1

I was going to ask about the nvram fix as I wanted to try Oz again on my X79. Great to hear that it's already there :D

Now that the weekend is here I have time to roll a new BIOS for it so I'm going to start into this soon.

Just setting up my OzmosisDefaults now and I too would like to know if it's possible to set a custom UUID as well. I have this set up in my Clover config.

I pray god for this release to work on X79 Boards both with i7 39xx and i7 49xx series also.  :drool:  :wink_anim:

Well it works. Mostly.

I still have some stuff to fix but I can confirm that it's booting fine on my P9X79 and that nvram works.

Some issues I've encountered so far:

Disabler.kext doesn't seem to load here. Maybe it's 64-bit only? (I'm stuck with 32-bit boot thanks to some crappy third-party driver). I'm using NullCPUPM in it's place.

System Profiler shows the correct amount of RAM in the Hardware Overview, but in the Memory section it shows everything as "Empty" (see below).

Every boot adds another instance of Built-in EDK Shell to the boot options. I've removed HermitShell for now.

When I added either a DSDT or SSDT to /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load/ the system would just stop at a blacked-out screen. They worked fine with Clover. After deleting the aml file and rebooting Oz created /EFI/OzAcpi and /EFI/OzDarwin folders.

Also, it's a good thing I backed up my Clover OEM folder as Oz wiped my EFI partition.

Is there any way to patch the VBIOS for my nVidia card? Even with replacing the CsmVideo module I'll still need this to get a full-res boot.

post-267996-0-91859300-1411136900_thumb.png

• Like 2

Well it works. Mostly.

I still have some stuff to fix but I can confirm that it's booting fine on my P9X79 and that nvram works.

Some issues I've encountered so far:

Disabler.kext doesn't seem to load here. Maybe it's 64-bit only? (I'm stuck with 32-bit boot thanks to some crappy third-party driver). I'm using NullCPUPM in it's place.

System Profiler shows the correct amount of RAM in the Hardware Overview, but in the Memory section it shows everything as "Empty" (see below).

Every boot adds another instance of Built-in EDK Shell to the boot options. I've removed HermitShell for now.

When I added either a DSDT or SSDT to /EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load/ the system would just stop at a blacked-out screen. They worked fine with Clover. After deleting the aml file and rebooting Oz created /EFI/OzAcpi and /EFI/OzDarwin folders.

Also, it's a good thing I backed up my Clover OEM folder as Oz wiped my EFI partition.

Is there any way to patch the VBIOS for my nVidia card? Even with replacing the CsmVideo module I'll still need this to get a full-res boot.

It is very good that you included a Darwin dumper zip report, that helps a lot!