Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

To be able to enter in bios reset system than spam rapidly esc button to deactivate ozmosis bios (screen  it will flash red) temporarily than hit del rapidly and you'll be able to enter in bios.

Will try after new install. Currently trying to install os without gpu, and after add it.
P.s. kinda strange thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly,
Could it be your cpu microcodes? Have they been updated? Roll them back.. or forward.

Well, I guess only with bios update or windows, because I’m definitely didn’t patched micro codes by myself.
Before I had rx460, it didn’t worked with Mac , but didn’t do any kind of shinanigens I have with gtx 1050 ti.
How can I check micro codes and roll them back ?
This is totally new situation, never had such response of any kind of hardware.

I know how to do it in Windows. You run HWinfo. I don't know about Mac OS and if they force microcodes but if your not able to even load the bootloader and never updated your microcodes before it may not be the reason. Would not hurt to update the Microcode within the bios rom and see if the situation improves. Also there are two ways your microcodes get updated. 1. Via the OS as a software patch. 2. From the bios itself. I would use Uefitool NE44 to load your rom and see what version it says you have and then find the intel advisory on Spectre/Meltdown and make sure your not using a bad microcode.

• Like 1

I know how to do it in Windows. You run HWinfo. I don't know about Mac OS and if they force microcodes but if your not able to even load the bootloader and never updated your microcodes before it may not be the reason. Would not hurt to update the Microcode within the bios rom and see if the situation improves. Also there are two ways your microcodes get updated. 1. Via the OS as a software patch. 2. From the bios itself. I would use Uefitool NE44 to load your rom and see what version it says you have and then find the intel advisory on Spectre/Meltdown and make sure your not using a bad microcode.

Okay, I will try to in morning. Kinda new thing for me. Thank you, hope this is the reason.

5 hours ago, davidm71 said:

Firefly,

Could it be your cpu microcodes? Have they been updated? Roll them back.. or forward.

4 hours ago, davidm71 said:

This is not an Cpu Microcode issue!

The motherboard itself is AMD Graphics compatible, the other reason is OzmosisDefaults.plist that has DisableNvidiaInjection set to Yes, npci=0x3000 and nvda_drv=0 are not present in boot-args!

Cpu Microcode update is needed if the CPU doesn't being detected

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CrazyCreator said:

Hello @firefly_can_fly i have exactly the same issue with a GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK ...

I can enter the bios without installed GPU. When I use only the iGPU from CPU I can enter the BIOS. With installed R9-280X or a old HD5770 no.

Can you please be more specific with your hardware configuration, does your socket pins are bent or any other progression/resolving the situation you had? 

Have you guys tried using the stock bios with no ozmosis modules loaded to check if its Oz causing this problen? With my Z87X-UD5H I have dual bios switch which helps trouble shoot these issues. Also have you disabled CSM? Using the updated Hermit video module? 

Tried updating the GOP driver on the GPU? I once had a similar issue getting Oz going on my Gigabyte board using an old video card. Had issues getting a picture with more than one video card installed if I remember correctly.

Anyhow was able to fix it by updating the GOP firmware using Lordkags GOP update utility: https://www.win-raid.com/t892f16-AMD-and-Nvidia-GOP-update-No-requests-DIY.html. I had an Nvidia card so not sure about AMD but

after the update I was able to get a picture through the card. Also had to use AMIBCP to turn on CSM setting in my Oz bios.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidm71 said:

Have you guys tried using the stock bios with no ozmosis modules loaded to check if its Oz causing this problen? With my Z87X-UD5H I have dual bios switch which helps trouble shoot these issues. Also have you disabled CSM? Using the updated Hermit video module? 

Tried updating the GOP driver on the GPU? I once had a similar issue getting Oz going on my Gigabyte board using an old video card. Had issues getting a picture with more than one video card installed if I remember correctly.

Anyhow was able to fix it by updating the GOP firmware using Lordkags GOP update utility: https://www.win-raid.com/t892f16-AMD-and-Nvidia-GOP-update-No-requests-DIY.html. I had an Nvidia card so not sure about AMD but

after the update I was able to get a picture through the card. Also had to use AMIBCP to turn on CSM setting in my Oz bios.

Damn, I’m totally forgot about gop and vide card bios updates! Thank you for new direction, will try today later (it’s 5 am here)

On 4/14/2018 at 5:34 PM, davidm71 said:

Firefly any luck?

Currently in f***up mode=on) I went to fully disassemble the system and putting it on test bench. The guys who meant to test it on professional equipment dropped **cking screwdriver right into the socket, direct hit, no-one survived. Now I definitely have bend pins, a lot of bend pins)))) 

That happened yesterday, today searching for someone to solder new socket, or, it's time for freaking upgrade :/

• Sad 3

If no pin is broken or missing, well, you can do it by your self, and it's quite simple, just take a small piece of scarf-pin and use eyeglasses, and gently redirect pin after pin to it's original direction!

Do it quietly and without any kind of stress

• Thanks 1

If its that much trouble just buy a new board or a refurb compatible with your cpu and start over. Get one with dual bios feature. Even better get a Z170 with an 8350 and mod the bios for coffee lake then put Oz on in there. Its all about having fun and your not having any it seems.

• Thanks 1

If its that much trouble just buy a new board or a refurb compatible with your cpu and start over. Get one with dual bios feature. Even better get a Z170 with an 8350 and mod the bios for coffee lake then put Oz on in there. Its all about having fun and your not having any it seems.
Which kind of socket?
I have skills and tools to solder new socket

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aigors said:

Which kind of socket?
I have skills and tools to solder new socket

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey Aigors! It's 1150 chipset Z97-HD3

11 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hey Aigors! It's 1150 chipset Z97-HD3

Uhm, it can be desoldered but it's very tricky to do and i dont know if is worth or not due to the cost of socket and of fixing 
You need a special tool to desolder socket, clean pads, hope no rip any pad, reball socket, solder new socket.

14 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hi Ammoune , you need a infrared rework statotion to desolder and solder a new onw socket.
I remember my first job in IT, i fixed Amiga, Spectrum, commodore and so on, i have fixed a lot of fat agnus socket :D

4 hours ago, Aigors said:

Hi Ammoune , you need a infrared rework statotion to desolder and solder a new onw socket.
I remember my first job in IT, i fixed Amiga, Spectrum, commodore and so on, i have fixed a lot of fat agnus socket :D

Can you do it, because it's my friend and I know that he had a lot of bad things this last year and the beginning of this one! I've checked on eBay for possible motherboards with 8 and 9 series but prices are hot, 10 series have prices good enough but he don't have their processor

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Can you do it, because it's my friend and I know that he had a lot of bad things this last year and the beginning of this one! I've checked on eBay for possible motherboards with 8 and 9 series but prices are hot, 10 series have prices good enough but he don't have their processor

I could, but i don't have infrared soldering station 

• Thanks 1