Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

sorry, i meant Oz. not clover. 

in last pages i coldly find info about ATI. 

@ FireFly

About the AMD R9 280X most likely you need to use a SMBios from a Mac with a similar GPU or edit AGPM. If not than do the mess-around the FakeSMC (SmcEmulatorKext) GPU/LPC/CPU sensors.

What about CSM, does the new version of Ozmosis even break CSM Support, someone already tested?

@StoneTemplePilots

CSM works for me, and I haven't heard of anyone having issues.

PS. Did the lead singer from STP die today? I'm pretty sure I just heard this on the news?

PS. Did the lead singer from STP die today? I'm pretty sure I just heard this on the news?

unfortunately, yes! yesterday about 9pm

-----------------------------------------------------

CSM works for me until I do a PRAM reset, from then on I'm not able to boot a DOS stick or something from MBR, even although enabled in BIOS menu.

CSM works for me until I do a PRAM reset, from then on I'm not able to boot a DOS stick or something from MBR, even although enabled in BIOS menu.

Have you tried using the Hermit CSM module from the new QUO 1669M firmware? One of the devs mentioned its location a few pages back...

Have you tried using the Hermit CSM module from the new QUO 1669M firmware? One of the devs mentioned its location a few pages back...

HermitCsmVideo, as the name say, it covers only the video part, whole CSM is more then just legacy video support that HermitCsmVideo provide...

I would say NVRAM reset delete some variable needed by legacy boot, and as I know AMI that does not gets updated unless you tigger the setting in BIOS again(enable/disable legacy boot).

To figure this dump your NVRAM using dmpstore in HermitShell before and after reset, so we can see what gets deleted.

• Like 2

Hi Guys!

Theme.bin still works in the same folder? (/Efi/Oz)

I took the OsmozisTheme from the bios, renamed to Theme.bin but I'm getting just a black screen.

I have this in my Default.plist:
<key>TimeOut</key>
<integer>7</integer>
<key>UserInterface</key>
<true/>

I can't put OsmozisTheme in my ROM B75M-D3H because I don't have space, even removing things and compressing Core_DXE.

Hi Guys!

Theme.bin still works in the same folder? (/Efi/Oz)

I took the OsmozisTheme from the bios, renamed to Theme.bin but I'm getting just a black screen.

I have this in my Default.plist:
<key>TimeOut</key>
<integer>7</integer>
<key>UserInterface</key>
<true/>

I can't put OsmozisTheme in my ROM B75M-D3H because I don't have space, even removing things and compressing Core_DXE.

Hello,

It's not just rename, but you need to extract raw part of ffs file with UEFITool. (Extract body)

Fred

Hello,

It's not just rename, but you need to extract raw part of ffs file with UEFITool. (Extract body)

Fred

Still a black screen, probably I did something wrong preparing my ROM, I will try again.

EDIT: Yep, doesn't worked, I put again one by one the Ozmosis components, tried with and without HermitCsmVideo (maybe some resolution problem), after boot, stop in a black screen, ctrl+del works so isn't freeze, just don't shows anything. I tried putting back my old Theme.bin from version 1479 but didn't work.

Is there a link or text file somewhere with all possible default.plist/nvram parameters for Oz?  I see some variables are similar to Cham. and Clov, such as nvda_drv=1.  Can one setvar to disable/enable nvidia?  nv_disable?

Thanks

Is there a link or text file somewhere with all possible default.plist/nvram parameters for Oz?  I see some variables are similar to Cham. and Clov, such as nvda_drv=1.  Can one setvar to disable/enable nvidia?  nv_disable?

Yes.

Disable

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nv_disable=1"

Enable

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

Show NVRAM

nvram -xp
  • Like 2

Still a black screen, probably I did something wrong preparing my ROM, I will try again.

EDIT: Yep, doesn't worked, I put again one by one the Ozmosis components, tried with and without HermitCsmVideo (maybe some resolution problem), after boot, stop in a black screen, ctrl+del works so isn't freeze, just don't shows anything. I tried putting back my old Theme.bin from version 1479 but didn't work.

I did not understand, the black screen is only in system selection before the boot, or black screen after the apple logo?

I fix black screen after apple logo with "nvidiadisable = true" does not nvidadisable

Yes.

Disable

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nv_disable=1"

Enable

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args="nvda_drv=1"

Show NVRAM

nvram -xp

Thanks

One more question for El Capitan.  Are we able modify in default.plist and/or setvar in Nvram for SIP or we just use the SIP utility as we would on a Real Mac?

Thanks Again

I did not understand, the black screen is only in system selection before the boot, or black screen after the apple logo?

Yes the black screen is where I supposed choose what OS I want to boot.

I'm using F12 from BIOS to choose the right partition to boot, works pretty well, but in Ozmosis 1479 the Theme.bin works fine.

Delete all themes (HDD/ROM) and enter the OS selection. Do you see a cursor (you are not supposed to see more than that)? If so, grab the QUO ROM again, find the theme, make sure you extract the body of the raw section and nothing else, and place it as \EFI\EFI\Oz\Theme.bin.

• Like 1

Can You Show howto? i have spi programmer and the needing skills to remove bios chip 

It is not complicated, i did it on Ivy Bridge NUC. First i read the rom with a clips and spi programmer, than I injected my DSDT and Ozmosis with OZMtool inside the rom. Than i flashed it back with SPI programmer + clips.

Do you want my rom file to see what is inside? It is for the i3 NUC

Only problem is that sometimes it does not power off correctly and the sleep works not always. Once a while (once in a month or two) i have to reset the nv-ram by pulling out the battery because it will not boot at all - not even video output. Otherwise it is great! 

I'm trying to change my csr-active-config to something else but OSX won't let me. Did any of you changed it to a different value in OSX? And if so, how?

Running 10.11.1 with OZ1669

You can, but have to run from Recovery or another booted System....  on the Mainboard.. you cant setup the CSR if you do that from the actual running system...

in my case, i booted from my setup-drive (with Yosemite) set CSR and reboot to El Capitan

HermitCsmVideo, as the name say, it covers only the video part, whole CSM is more then just legacy video support that HermitCsmVideo provide...

I would say NVRAM reset delete some variable needed by legacy boot, and as I know AMI that does not gets updated unless you tigger the setting in BIOS again(enable/disable legacy boot).

To figure this dump your NVRAM using dmpstore in HermitShell before and after reset, so we can see what gets deleted.

to be honest the hermitshell never worked for me, while typing the cursor jumps back to the left and overwrites the letters I typed.

edit: extracted the hermitshell module and converted to efi app, now it works!

You can, but have to run from Recovery or another booted System....  on the Mainboard.. you cant setup the CSR if you do that from the actual running system...

in my case, i booted from my setup-drive (with Yosemite) set CSR and reboot to El Capitan

Hi,

Try to add that to your Defaults.plist

<key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
<dict>
<key>csr-active-config</key>
<integer>3</integer>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string></string>
</dict>

Fred