• 2,555 posts
OT ....read please PM

kdp

kdp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Hey, thanks for the reply, but I'm not using Clover anymore, I'm using the modded BIOS and botting OSX natively with XP's drivers.

I must be far out of the loop on this one, sorry to steer topic, but would you care to elaborate or share a link on how the bootloader is being bypassed now? Is there a thread on this?

Colour Of Sound

Colour Of Sound

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I must be far out of the loop on this one, sorry to steer topic, but would you care to elaborate or share a link on how the bootloader is being bypassed now? Is there a thread on this?

No , no new thread, I thought the whole point of the custom BIOS was to do away with another boot step before you hit the OS? Xpamamdeus's F14 BIOS that I'm using basically sets my PC up so that it works like a normal Mac. You don't need a bootloader, you should be able to install the OS with a Vanilla USB installation.

You might need to add/replace kexts in s/l/e to get things working (Like Toleda's Apple HDA) but XP has put the FakeSMC and SMBIOS kexts into the modded firmware so you can basically have a Mac experience on a PC.

I think that if you hammer 'home' before you get to the OS you can access the Ozmosis loader? I've not tried it on my BIOS, I don't need to, don't have a Windows partition.

EDIT: See this post, on this thread. It's a 'brainless' solution. I boot in about 10 seconds from cold.
http://www.insanelym...uide/?p=1942888

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Update to previous post:

NVRAM writing is working fine. Some items won't show with a "sudo nvram -p" command. Instead you need to tell nvram to recall the specific item's value:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial

iMessage now working fine with serial/ROM values set in NVRAM.

I also cleared out all leftovers from Clover including files on hidden EFI partition. I also fixed Adobe Flash crashes(issue with AppleGraphicsPowermanagement) in Safari by enabling the integrated GPU in BIOS. Flash videos won't play in Safari still but at least they don't crash the system.

labilomat

labilomat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hellom

what a great idea to do. im trying to switch back to osx afer a year of windows, but i have some problems.

I did not have a usb stick lying arround so i "recovered" the install.dmg to a spare ssd (in a usb case) i had lying arround. wich i then connected to the internal SATA port.

also i have a gtx 470 graphics card wich has no GOP support. as soon as i set csm to never loose dispalay output (till windows boots)

so here are the questions :

csm = never; not possible without GOP capable GPU, or is it normal that as soon as i enable csm i cant enter bios anymore ?

can i install in IGP and later switch to discrete ?

would i have to mod the bios for my gpu to work ?

is it impossible to install from an internal drive, i could not even chose the drive to boot in bios ?

on the first page it says to disable fast boot, but the option is not present on the 14 bios, is that correct ?

i hope my questions are clear and that you can help me out. thanks in advance

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

you only need gop support if you run uefi and then discrete graphics has to be GOP. Just install by the old bios way and you should have no problems... CSM off is for UEFI booting...

beaglenz

beaglenz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH which I understand is pretty close to the QUO motherboard in spec. I have managed to insert the standard Ozmosis files into my latest BIOS but do not know which kexts etc. need to be inserted to get this running OSX. Please help.

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

you only need gop support if you run uefi and then discrete graphics has to be GOP. Just install by the old bios way and you should have no problems... CSM off is for UEFI booting...

Sort of. You can still do UEFI booting with CSM enabled but Windows 7 does not support GOP and requires CSM when using the UEFI bootloader.

@labilomat

OSX will boot fine with CSM enabled. Also keep your IGPU enabled in the BIOS even if no display is connected to it. This will prevent some potential lockups of the graphics power management.

I use this Ozmosis BIOS to triple boot OSX, Win 7 and Linux:

http://www.insanelym...-9#entry1942888

I use VoodooHDA as the only modified kext since it is a no-brainer to get working.

Can you elaborate further on a few points? What install.dmg did you use(OS version)? What method did you use to restore it to the SSD? Mavericks and Mountain Lion have different methods for creating install media, if you do not follow the right instructions, your SSD will not boot.

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

asstastic, do you know if it's safe to update Clover to the latest version?  The last time I flashed it was back in November (I can't remember the revision right now) and I'm a bit worried that updating will cause unwanted side affects.

Also, I suggest trying both with IGPU enabled or disabled in BIOS.  I actually saw lock-ups and weird problems with it enabled.  Therefore, I keep it disabled and things run fine.

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

asstastic, do you know if it's safe to update Clover to the latest version?  The last time I flashed it was back in November (I can't remember the revision right now) and I'm a bit worried that updating will cause unwanted side affects.

Also, I suggest trying both with IGPU enabled or disabled in BIOS.  I actually saw lock-ups and weird problems with it enabled.  Therefore, I keep it disabled and things run fine.

I use Ozmosis so can't comment on recent Clover support.

Hackmodford

Hackmodford

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

I have clover on the latest version and it works fine for me.

Hackmodford

Hackmodford

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

what is the purpose of the clover option "disable sleep proxy client"? Is it specific to this board?

Akkerman

Akkerman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I installed the most recent BIOS from XP and installed Mavericks 10.9.2 from a USB drive. The system boots and will run but I am having trouble with getting my audio to work and I can't sign into iMessage. I can sign into iTunes and the App Store. I am loving the process so far but need a little help please. Any ideas.

Hackmodford

Hackmodford

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

I would suggest using Clover Configurator to create a proper SMBIOS with a randomly generated serial number for your machine to fix iCloud.

Also see this thread to get audio working. http://www.insanelym...applehda-audio/

Akkerman

Akkerman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I would suggest using Clover Configurator to create a proper SMBIOS with a randomly generated serial number for your machine to fix iCloud.

Also see this thread to get audio working. http://www.insanelym...applehda-audio/

I got the Audio working. Thanks for the link. I am not using Clover as a boot manager. I flashed my BIOS and everything is in the BIOS now. Will Clover Configurator work for the BIOS boot solution?

Thanks!

Hackmodford

Hackmodford

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Did you end up using ozmosis instead of clover? If so I can't be of much help sinc I don't have experience with that.

I am pretty sure the reason iMessage doesn't work is because your serial number is not unique, hence generating your own smbios.

Akkerman

Akkerman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I finally have Mavericks 10.9.2 working with audio, iMessage, and FaceTime. 

I also installed Windows 8.1 x64 on a separate SSD. It will boot into windows with the Ozmosis bios if I do not have my Mavericks drive connected. If I have my Mavericks drive connected the Windows 8.1 will not boot. it starts to boot and then reboots and attempts to go into auto repair mode. Any ideas? Thanks!

DiscoStew

DiscoStew

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Will using Ozmosis work to upgrade my  (almost) flawless Mountain Lion build? My specs are:

GA-Z77X-UD5H w/ FW14 ; INTEL I7-3770K; GEFORCE 660TI; FUSION DRIVE (INTEL 335 SERIES 240GB SSD + 1T SEAGATE); PATRIOT VIPER 1600MHZ 16GB (2X8);

It is my understanding that FW14 is the firmware of choice for this type of install?!

Hackmodford

Hackmodford

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Will using Ozmosis work to upgrade my  (almost) flawless Mountain Lion build? My specs are:

GA-Z77X-UD5H w/ FW14 ; INTEL I7-3770K; GEFORCE 660TI; FUSION DRIVE (INTEL 335 SERIES 240GB SSD + 1T SEAGATE); PATRIOT VIPER 1600MHZ 16GB (2X8);

It is my understanding that FW14 is the firmware of choice for this type of install?!

It was my understanding that Ozmosis was an alternative firmware that you use instead of FW14. In any case I just used clover as the bootloader. I don't see why clover would not survive the upgrade.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.

Has any thing changed for OSX 10.9.3?  I have the GA-Z77X-UP5-Th which is not much different except the thunderbolt.   Will the flash drive boot or do I have to install clover to the flash drive so it created the boot file onto it?   I ma doing this all on my Real Mac Pro to get the USB prepared.

Besides the DSDT you are using are you also using SSDT for the Ivy Bridge processor or does clover take care of that part?  I am still on Chameleon so I am still studying everything on clover before I actually twelve into it.

I am assuming once I boot onto the machine using the flash drive I will be able to create a vanilla DSDT then just run the IASL on my Mac Pro and patch the vanilla DSDT or do I go through the actually install of OSX 10.9.3 to be able to generate a vanilla (non-patched) DSDT?

If I never plan on running windows will I still need to change the OS to Windows 8 in the Bios?

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gigabyte Z77X UD5H, Clover UEFI, Gigabyte, Guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy