[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

@kdp, when you say edit the file do you mean adding the Firewire driver also?

yeah, I'm going to tear down this machine and redo it, I have the bios file just fine, I just don't have access to windows to add the firewire.efi to the bios, the console errors will drive me bat{censored}. I suppose I could fumble around and see if there's linux tools for that. I do have an arch install...

or whatever is the latest bios people are using. I haven't made any changes here in a couple years now. I was assuming that was the newest.

Link sent.

Just to let you know, sleep now is fully functional again since Apple reverted back to mDNSResponder in the latest two betas (Lets hope they keep it!).

Sorry for the late response, super long night last night. reflashed bios / reinstalled 10.10, installed arch on a dual boot, built web server, vpn, etc..

I appreciate the time you took to post the file, many thanks.

No problem.

I think my (Almost) 10 year old PSU is on it's way out as more and more frequently I have to turn the switch on the PSU off and on again to get the machine to power on, I hope it's the PSU anyway as I don't fancy changing motherboards just yet!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry guys. I am quite rarely watch the forum.

I have attached f16 mod15 BIOS for Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0 with firewire fix.

Be careful, I encountered with some issues when I installed Yosemite with latest BIOSes. I was trying to fix it very long time until I installed the stable one f14 BIOS. My machine accidentally resets when I inserted USB Flash drive or something in USB port. It is issue with new BIOSes, i believe. Now I run El Capitan with stable f14 and it's working well.

z77xud5h_mod15_SLIC_FWFix.f16.zip

Be careful, I encountered with some issues when I installed Yosemite with latest BIOSes. I was trying to fix it very long time until I installed the stable one f14 BIOS. My machine accidentally resets when I inserted USB Flash drive or something in USB port. It is issue with new BIOSes, i believe. Now I run El Capitan with stable f14 and it's working well.

Can you elaborate on the issues you are having? I am running the latest F16g beta BIOS (with updated OROMs using UBU and the ASRock FireWire driver to fix the invalid GUID console spam) with Clover and don't have any issues with USB devices on El Capitan DB2. No kernel panics, no issues with USB 2 backwards compatibility in USB 3 ports, nothing.

Not only just me had that issue with new BIOSes. Machine was just accidentally rebooted if somebody was plugging in some USB device after wake up. A lot of people faced this issue after Yosemite update, there are corresponding topics on a few hackintosh forums. I haven't tried new BIOSes with El Capitan yet.

Mine is rock solid too, even better again with a new PSU (Old one causing my NVRAM to screw up) and now mDNSResponder is back!

Can you elaborate on the issues you are having? I am running the latest F16g beta BIOS (with updated OROMs using UBU and the ASRock FireWire driver to fix the invalid GUID console spam) with Clover and don't have any issues with USB devices on El Capitan DB2. No kernel panics, no issues with USB 2 backwards compatibility in USB 3 ports, nothing.

So may be you will upload your new BIOSes with FW fix? I'll try it.

I will send you then one I am using, a couple of other people have it and seem happy with it.

It seems to work well. Thanx. But I've noticed a couple of things: monitor do not wake up after computer woke up (it is needed to press key or move mouse) and one of two back USB 3.0 hubs (upper blue couple) is recognised as USB 2.0. Have you those things?

If I wake mine with the (Bluetooth) Mouse, Trackpad or Keyboard the monitor comes on but if I use WoL from my iPhone the monitor doesn't until I press something.

I haven't noticed any USB issues but only have the Logitech Camera plugged in externally at the rear.

post-499606-0-38770200-1436641832_thumb.png

If I wake mine with the (Bluetooth) Mouse, Trackpad or Keyboard the monitor comes on but if I use WoL from my iPhone the monitor doesn't until I press something.

I haven't noticed any USB issues but only have the Logitech Camera plugged in externally at the rear.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-07-11 at 20.10.08.png

Hm, I have different titles and just one USB 3.0 post-1091188-0-20600000-1436643346_thumb.png

Do you use any drivers? Which revision is your board?

This is how my USB devices show up in System Information:

UYOQpGU.png

The second USB 2.0 Hub is a NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion Hub (what my Bluetooth USB is connected to). This is with the muxing DSDT patch (so USB 2.0 devices in USB 3.0 ports will connect to the USB 2.0 bus/EHCI driver).

• 3 months later...

Any of you gentlemen have a config that is working for El Capitan installer? My current one that has worked for 3 years now doesn't seem to be able to boot the installer. I guess I'm out of the loop as I haven't done a fresh install in quite some time. Would love a response with a working config to boot the installer and / or instructions for post install.

I had issues at first getting El Capitan installed (but no problems actually booting the installer), and then somehow got it working by just restarting a few times. But then my mac would reboot randomly, so I searched around and luckily found the Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch on github, followed the instructions, and now my hackintosh is running better than ever. So I definitely recommend trying it out!

hmm, yeah my setup works just fine, and has for multiple OS upgrades, just can't get the installer to boot. No clue why the installer won't boot. Maybe it's my gtx960...

Hi,

I am having ongoing issues with sleep on El Capitan.

Basically, unlike in my Yosemite install, the system wakes when any thing happens to a USB device connected to the computer. This includes mice, keyboards and even the switching on or off of the monitor (when the monitors USB hub is connected to a USB port).

I have been using TheRacerMaster script at https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch which gets the system booted and works for the most part.

TheRacerMaster has offered me a lot of advice over PM and gave me additional DSDT clover patches to try and disable USB waking, but it doesn't work unfortunately

I have tried a shed load of configurations in the config.plist but to no avail. I have also tried removing my nvidia graphics card to see if that and the nvidia software that was causing it.

I have also tested various BIOS setting configurations; changing the XHCI mode (auto, enabled, smart auto), enabling or disabling EHCI and XHCI hand off modes.

Inside OS X all the settings relating to power management are set sop that nothing should wake it.

Every time the system enters sleep mode, it can be woken by moving the mouse, pressing the keyboard, plugging in or unplugging a USB device or as said above, switching the monitor on or off.

In console, the wake reason are EH01 EH02 or XH01.

I am at the end of my tether as sleep is important for me.

Anyone got any advice?