[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

Can't get the App Store or iMessages working. System is mostly Vanilla, just a copy of FakeSMC with plugins from the first post and VoodooHDA. Using XPAmadeus's non-HDA bios from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1942888.

Had to disable CSM for Windows to boot and Intel GPU for OSX to boot. All OS functions besides those mentioned seem to work fine.

Can't get the App Store or iMessages working.

Couple things may be at play. In your network settings, do you see an enabled Ethernet? It should be on en 0. Beyond that, it's often credit card and password updates that bring iMessages and the App Store back for folks.

Can't get the App Store or iMessages working. System is mostly Vanilla, just a copy of FakeSMC with plugins from the first post and VoodooHDA. Using XPAmadeus's non-HDA bios from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/page-9?do=findComment&comment=1942888.

Had to disable CSM for Windows to boot and Intel GPU for OSX to boot. All OS functions besides those mentioned seem to work fine.

if verifying your CC info and password don't work, let us know what smbios you're using and that you've correctly generated serial numbers in clover.

• 2 weeks later...

Question for everyone: How long does it take for you to sleep/wake on this machine?

I just got finished installing Mavericks using the Clover method (and the latest custom BIOS, F16 mod8) and sleep functionality works, but takes about 30 seconds to actually wake up.

Also I notice if the computer "auto-sleeps" it will not wake up properly.

EDIT: Also, I'm running into some crazy problems getting Windows 7 UEFI to boot with Clover when CSM is off.  With CSM on (but still set to UEFI only), I can boot into Windows fine.

This doesn't seem to be an issue since I can still use sleep mode in Mavericks with it on.  But does anyone else see this issue?

Question for everyone: How long does it take for you to sleep/wake on this machine?

I just got finished installing Mavericks using the Clover method (and the latest custom BIOS, F16 mod8) and sleep functionality works, but takes about 30 seconds to actually wake up.

Also I notice if the computer "auto-sleeps" it will not wake up properly.

EDIT: Also, I'm running into some crazy problems getting Windows 7 UEFI to boot with Clover when CSM is off.  With CSM on (but still set to UEFI only), I can boot into Windows fine.

This doesn't seem to be an issue since I can still use sleep mode in Mavericks with it on.  But does anyone else see this issue?

not here, and not sure why sleep would take so long to recover. mine takes about 3 seconds from a mouse button press or keypress from natural sleep or forced sleep.

not here, and not sure why sleep would take so long to recover. mine takes about 3 seconds from a mouse button press or keypress from natural sleep or forced sleep.

I think I "fixed" the problem. I noticed that upon wake, my displays are all in standby mode.  By clicking the mouse again, they wake up no problem.

Also, do you happen to dual boot with Windows 7?  That's my main problem right now.  I can't boot with CSM off, I must keep it on to boot into Windows 7 UEFI.  I've read conflicting things online about whether or not Windows 7 requires CSM support or not.

Hi !

I know it's a little off-topic but, is there a way to completely disable integrated Firewire in this board ?

Maybe removing some modules from BIOS (those related to the VIA integrated FW controller) ?

I would like to stop spamming about Firewire in Console. I'm using FirewireDriver.efi in my drivers64UEFI folder, but anyway the error appears after wake. I'm not using the integrated FW controller (using a dedicated PCIe adapter), so I would prefer to disable it completely.

Thanks in advance !

Thanks a lot dudes !!!

Could someone please post the complete list of mods present in this BIOS ?

Right now I'm playing with F16-mod8 from tweaktown. Everything but FireWire spamming seems to be working great, so I would like to know the benefits/changes in your posted BIOS in order to decide which one to use.

Thanks again !

Also, do you happen to dual boot with Windows 7?  That's my main problem right now.  I can't boot with CSM off, I must keep it on to boot into Windows 7 UEFI.  I've read conflicting things online about whether or not Windows 7 requires CSM support or not.

I believe that the people stating Win 7 will work without CSM enabled are misinformed. Browsing through google results for "windows 7 without CSM" I found many people asking for help and no posts or articles that reported it working.

Windows works with CSM enabled. OSX works with CSM enabled. I have experienced issues in OSX with CSM disabled. I have not noticed any hardware that did not work with CSM enabled. Given the circumstances, I'm having a hard time finding a compelling reason to turn CSM off.

I believe that the people stating Win 7 will work without CSM enabled are misinformed. Browsing through google results for "windows 7 without CSM" I found many people asking for help and no posts or articles that reported it working.

Windows works with CSM enabled. OSX works with CSM enabled. I have experienced issues in OSX with CSM disabled. I have not noticed any hardware that did not work with CSM enabled. Given the circumstances, I'm having a hard time finding a compelling reason to turn CSM off.

Thanks for the reply.  I was actually able to get it to boot into Windows somehow (I literally don't know how I got it to work, must of been luck of the draw) but none of my graphics drivers were working.  I also got a lot of driver errors.  So I'm guessing that Windows 7 needs CSM to boot (even with UEFI).

Windows 8 is a different story.  Apparently it can boot without CSM on.

Also, does anyone have this spamming in their console? I have this, but not the firewire.

11/7/13 9:04:11.715 PM xpcd[251]: Info.plist does not contain an XPCService dictionary: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/XPCServices/SecurityAgent.xpc

people who can't get windows to boot with CSM off, does your GPU have a UEFI GOP bios?

Also, does anyone have this spamming in their console? I have this, but not the firewire.

11/7/13 9:04:11.715 PM xpcd[251]: Info.plist does not contain an XPCService dictionary: /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/XPCServices/SecurityAgent.xpc

yes

jakUkG9.png

I think this is related to SMB sharing with windows, will disable that and see if it continues.

edit: that didn't fix it, seems even legit mavericks users are experiencing this console spam: 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5518377

there are multiple threads about it.

________

While we're discussing errors. Has anyone gotten this with Mavericks?

68ceFoA.png

I can't use the entire mouse system preference pane, sometimes this loads and is jumbled garbage then crashes, sometimes it locks the machine up entirely.

people who can't get windows to boot with CSM off, does your GPU have a UEFI GOP bios?

I'd also like to know this.  I'm running a GTX 670 with a UEFI GOP bios - still can't boot into Windows 7 UEFI.  Internal graphics disabled.

Would be curious to see if anyone can get into Windows 7 with CSM off.

EDIT: My roommate just purchased a new computer (Z87X-UD4H with Integrated HD4600 graphics) and saw the same exact thing I did with Windows 7 UEFI.  He needed CSM enabled to install and boot into the partition.  I think this can be put to bed.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with those random errors.

EDIT: I'll check the above message tomorrow when I connect my Bluetooth adapter and use my Magic Trackpad.

EDIT: Now I'm also seeing the firewire message.  I will try the BIOS above tomorrow.

I don't use windows at all for anything, just linux and os x, but from what I'm reading windows 7 needs CSM, windows 8 does not.

I PM'ed xpa and he sent me this link:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=209045

Looks quite interesting.  That may be the trick to getting Windows 7 to install in "pure" EFI mode.  If I ever get bored and really need CSM off, I might take a look into that method.

However, upon further investigation, that method might not be applicable to me.  That method is purely for those who didn't install via a DVD and need to use a USB UEFI installer.  Fortunately for me I have a Blu-ray drive so I simply installed via DVD.

@ kdp

I installed the UEFI GOP firmware for my card though I have no way of confirming the firmware took without installing Windows 8. It could have reported success without ever flashing.

I was getting similar graphics errors playing youtube videos in Safari that would eventually lock up the entire OS. I fixed the problem by not using Safari.

I installed the modified BIOS posted on the previous page that is supposed to have the Firewire fix installed, but I'm still seeing this in console after sleep:

11/8/13 8:54:38.000 PM kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 00342b9033573b00 is invalid!

Any ideas?  I'm testing out bluetooth / trackpad next.

EDIT: Bluetooth/trackpad worked with no issues.  I'm able to wake the computer by using the trackpad.  No graphics issues either on that page.  Granted, I'm using a GTX 670 and I have internal graphics disabled.  See attached for a pic.

post-870836-0-75222400-1383963139_thumb.png