[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

I installed the modified BIOS posted on the previous page that is supposed to have the Firewire fix installed, but I'm still seeing this in console after sleep:

11/8/13 8:54:38.000 PM kernel[0]: FireWire GUID 00342b9033573b00 is invalid!

Any ideas?  I'm testing out bluetooth / trackpad next.

did u delete firewire.efi from clover drivers ?

did u delete firewire.efi from clover drivers ?

Yep - also remember that I have CSM enabled for Windows 7 support.  Could that be a problem?

I don't really need firewire, so it's not big deal.  I just disabled it from BIOS.  But still it's kind of odd that I'm still seeing that message.

this never worked for me using this board,and there are many reports on tweak town same like wass for me.

Maybe because I have CSM off?  Oh well, it does seem to be working for me.  FYI I have a rev1.1 board.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and research, xpamamadeus.

Apple has a good explanation of NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory) here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Clover and Ozmosos use NVRAM to save information like boot variables and SMBIOS information directly to the motherboard instead of a file on the hard drive.

You can change your hack serial in NVRAM with the following Terminal command:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx

To see the data in NVRAM use:

sudo NVRAM -p

Add or change the NVRAM with the first command and reboot. If the value is still in NVRAM after rebooting then you can write to NVRAM. If the value is not there then your BIOS configuration is such that NVRAM can't be written by OSX.

Apple has a good explanation of NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory) here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Clover and Ozmosos use NVRAM to save information like boot variables and SMBIOS information directly to the motherboard instead of a file on the hard drive.

You can change your hack serial in NVRAM with the following Terminal command:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxxxxx

To see the data in NVRAM use:

sudo NVRAM -p

Add or change the NVRAM with the first command and reboot. If the value is still in NVRAM after rebooting then you can write to NVRAM. If the value is not there then your BIOS configuration is such that NVRAM can't be written by OSX.

It looks like it's being saved on my system.  I was able to change the default theme of Clover.

I'm using the F16 mod8 BIOS without Ozmosis.  I used a DSDT with the patches described in the first post of this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I installed the F14 modded BIOS by Xpamamdeus, and it works like a dream.

However, when switching the machine off, about 60% of the time the PSU and fans stay on and I have to forcibly power down my PC after the OS X has shut down.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I installed the F14 modded BIOS by Xpamamdeus, and it works like a dream.

However, when switching the machine off, about 60% of the time the PSU and fans stay on and I have to forcibly power down my PC after the OS X has shut down.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

Thanks.

I am using the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH board but struggled with the same problems. I fixed it by downloading newest version of MacIasl ML (currently ver 1.3) and patched the saved "Clean DSDT" with updated patches. I used the "Gigabyte Motherboard" patch for my model, and compiled, then patched appropriate "Graphics Patch" and compiled. Lastly I added the repository for Intel Series 7 and found a "Fix Gygabite Shutdown" Patch. After this was applied and I saved my new DSDT to my ACPI patched folders in Clovers Folders, shutdown and sleep finally worked after 13 month of errors.

Here is a list of my MacIasl sources,

PJALM General, http://pjalm.info/repos/general/

PJALM Intel Series 7, http://pjalm.info/repos/intel7/

MacMan, http://www.tonymacx86.com/DSDT/

PJALM Graphics, http://pjalm.info/repos/graphics/

PJALM Gigabyte, http://pjalm.info/repos/gigabyte/

I hope this helps...

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the reply, but I'm not using Clover anymore, I'm using the modded BIOS and botting OSX natively with XP's drivers.

I must be far out of the loop on this one, sorry to steer topic, but would you care to elaborate or share a link on how the bootloader is being bypassed now? Is there a thread on this?

I must be far out of the loop on this one, sorry to steer topic, but would you care to elaborate or share a link on how the bootloader is being bypassed now? Is there a thread on this?

No , no new thread, I thought the whole point of the custom BIOS was to do away with another boot step before you hit the OS? Xpamamdeus's F14 BIOS that I'm using basically sets my PC up so that it works like a normal Mac. You don't need a bootloader, you should be able to install the OS with a Vanilla USB installation.

You might need to add/replace kexts in s/l/e to get things working (Like Toleda's Apple HDA) but XP has put the FakeSMC and SMBIOS kexts into the modded firmware so you can basically have a Mac experience on a PC.

I think that if you hammer 'home' before you get to the OS you can access the Ozmosis loader? I've not tried it on my BIOS, I don't need to, don't have a Windows partition.

EDIT: See this post, on this thread. It's a 'brainless' solution. I boot in about 10 seconds from cold.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288829-guide-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/?p=1942888

• 1 month later...

Update to previous post:

NVRAM writing is working fine. Some items won't show with a "sudo nvram -p" command. Instead you need to tell nvram to recall the specific item's value:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial

iMessage now working fine with serial/ROM values set in NVRAM.

I also cleared out all leftovers from Clover including files on hidden EFI partition. I also fixed Adobe Flash crashes(issue with AppleGraphicsPowermanagement) in Safari by enabling the integrated GPU in BIOS. Flash videos won't play in Safari still but at least they don't crash the system.

Hellom

what a great idea to do. im trying to switch back to osx afer a year of windows, but i have some problems.

I did not have a usb stick lying arround so i "recovered" the install.dmg to a spare ssd (in a usb case) i had lying arround. wich i then connected to the internal SATA port.

also i have a gtx 470 graphics card wich has no GOP support. as soon as i set csm to never loose dispalay output (till windows boots)

so here are the questions :

csm = never; not possible without GOP capable GPU, or is it normal that as soon as i enable csm i cant enter bios anymore ?

can i install in IGP and later switch to discrete ?

would i have to mod the bios for my gpu to work ?

is it impossible to install from an internal drive, i could not even chose the drive to boot in bios ?

on the first page it says to disable fast boot, but the option is not present on the 14 bios, is that correct ?

i hope my questions are clear and that you can help me out. thanks in advance

I have the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH which I understand is pretty close to the QUO motherboard in spec. I have managed to insert the standard Ozmosis files into my latest BIOS but do not know which kexts etc. need to be inserted to get this running OSX. Please help.