Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Yeah. I know. But rather than concentrate your efforts on 'redesigning' your existing themes, maybe concentrate on converting all your themes to SVG from now on? I know this will be a {censored} load of work but, one at a time, the process will become faster and you will no longer have to think about 4K themes etc.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Yes, what appears on Clover GUI is now similar as we could see on original image design.

This is icon preview from Nightwish theme; I've to redesign lot of my themes bcoz of this.

CloverGUI-Transparency.png

Thanks for redesign your bitmap theme :) the vector themes are great but complicated for me.

Personally, I think that PNG/ICNS theme are more easy to personalize for newbies like me: for example, using badge instead of volume  is more convenient with a theme.plist

45 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Yeah. I know. But rather than concentrate your efforts on 'redesigning' your existing themes, maybe concentrate on converting all your themes to SVG from now on? I know this will be a {censored} load of work but, one at a time, the process will become faster and you will no longer have to think about 4K themes etc.

Bit hard on the starting point, first.. I need to understand more of new concepts, 2nd.. not all my prev. bitmap themes use vector resources, 3rd.. I luv the vector theme for it' s simplicity as creating design prototype, 4th.. I hope I'll have enough time hah haa.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

Devs, I don't know what have you done, but the second line with options is misplaced in the last two or three revisions.screenshot0.thumb.png.9503ae048b53d47c05cd257eb951d682.png

Happens with any theme, except the embedded one.

There is something else, even more disturbing: the Clover interface freezes when I select another theme through the Options menu and then return back to the main menu.

Edited by Philip Petev
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

Devs, I don't know what have you done, but the second line with options is misplaced in the last two or three revisions.

screenshot0.thumb.png.9503ae048b53d47c05cd257eb951d682.png

There is something else, even more disturbing: the Clover interface freezes when I select another theme through the Options menu and then return back to the main menu.

Hmmb, r4741 gives me white screen when switching between diff. themes on my real device.

This is when I choose Vector theme by default on config.plist GUI, then switch to any bitmap theme.

Weird, it happened on my Nvidia with 1360px DisplayWeight (limited VESA).. but no problem with IntelHD (1366 / 1920).

11 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

Devs, I don't know what have you done, but the second line with options is misplaced in the last two or three revisions.

screenshot0.thumb.png.9503ae048b53d47c05cd257eb951d682.png

@Philip Petev Oops, issue about func_icons (Buttons) allignment mostly; is with my uploaded Themes on the repo.

They use these custom Layout values on theme.plist:

<key>Layout</key>
	<dict>
		<key>SelectionSmallWidth</key>
		<integer>XX</integer>
	</dict>

I tried with @blackosx's BGM, among other themes.. and found no issue with them.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

Hi

I don't know why: but with commit r4741, there is a small text before Clover GUI. The message is "new image size" when I use Badruzeus's Mojave theme on Mojave 10.14.1 :yes:

What is it means?

3 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

@Philip Petev Oops, issue about func_icons (Buttons) allignment mostly; is with my uploaded Themes on the repo.

They use these custom Layout values on theme.plist:

<key>Layout</key>
	<dict>
		<key>SelectionSmallWidth</key>
		<integer>XX</integer>
	</dict>

I tried with @blackosx's BGM, among other themes.. and found no issue with them.

So, the problem is the theme and not Clover?

32 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

So, the problem is the theme and not Clover?

With r4741, it could be my theme.plist Layout values (custom) not properly loaded by the GUI.

Anyway, I did more tests with Vector - Bitmap themes switching on different disp resoulutions and found issue with components allignment, font rendering issue, font disappears, and hang randomly. Screenshots were using Clovy's Theme.svg, then switched to Xmas theme or vise versa.

VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_07_11_2018_17_52_14.png

VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_07_11_2018_17_53_32.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Hmmb, r4741 gives me white screen when switching between diff. themes on my real device.

This is when I choose Vector theme by default on config.plist GUI, then switch to any bitmap theme.

Weird, it happened on my Nvidia with 1360px DisplayWeight (limited VESA).. but no problem with IntelHD (1366 / 1920).

Tested on my laptop (Intel graphics), no such issue here too, the themes can be changed on-the-fly without problem (vector or not) and no freezes or glitches. My desktop however has a NVidia GTX 650 graphics and no Intel graphics (disabled in BIOS) and the menu freezes on theme change. Could it be something graphics-related?

Edited by Philip Petev
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

Ahhh, noticed this myself and was coming in to report it, but it looks like you guys already know. Yeah, it's kinda annoying, but I can live with it until its fixed. :)