Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Morning. Just woke up to see your test results. Thanks for testing. :)

This is a good start then.

Well that test just reverted one change in commit #4785 where rox0PosX was changed to have the value of EntriesGap, instead of 8 (where did this 8 come from?) added to the calculation. In my 256px theme.plist, EntriesGap was 128 as this comes from Theme->Layout->TileXSpace.

-      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + 8 - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap) *
-                  ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;
+      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + EntriesGap - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
+                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

So it's now back to 8 (in my local source) as it used to be and may go on to explain why vector themes are off by 8 as you've discovered.

I've not used BootCampStyle but where you say 'only Buttons & Text are off position if using "BootCampStyle=true"' then I would hazard a guess that I will need to look at how Theme->Layout->TileYSpace from the theme.plist is taken in to account.

I'm out for most of today so won't be able to spend too much time on in.. but I'll see what I can come up with to help.

Keep up your hard work with your excellent themes.

• Thanks 1

After a quick test, setting BootCampStyle to BGM256 seems okay. Buttons and text are vertically placed okay so TileYSpace is being taken in to account with the current setting of 128 works. Have you got TileYSpace set in your theme.plist?

I'm outta time for now. Gotta go.

Edit. Need more testing with layout settings in theme.plist

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackosx said:

After a quick test, setting BootCampStyle to BGM256 seems okay. Buttons and text are vertically placed okay so TileYSpace is being taken in to account with the current setting of 128 works. Have you got TileYSpace set in your theme.plist?

I'm outta time for now. Gotta go.

Edit. Need more testing with layout settings in theme.plist

Oops, I just realized that you replied twice.
OK, added "TileYSpace=N" under Layout, now Buttons & Text are shown properly for 256px theme with "BootCampStyle=true" (using your r4817 test). Many thanks.

BCS_TileYSpace.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

@Slice Sorry for another report.

We have weird scrollbar appearance since r4811, only bar_fill & scroll_fill are shown properly (especially if they contain Alpha). Thanks.

Oh, because the scrollbar was reduced to only those two parts instead of the six(?) it was previously.

EDIT: From here: 

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, blackosx said:

Morning. Just woke up to see your test results. Thanks for testing. :)

This is a good start then.

Well that test just reverted one change in commit #4785 where rox0PosX was changed to have the value of EntriesGap, instead of 8 (where did this 8 come from?) added to the calculation. In my 256px theme.plist, EntriesGap was 128 as this comes from Theme->Layout->TileXSpace.

-      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + 8 - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap) *
-                  ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;
+      row0PosX = (UGAWidth + EntriesGap - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
+                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

So it's now back to 8 (in my local source) as it used to be and may go on to explain why vector themes are off by 8 as you've discovered.

I've not used BootCampStyle but where you say 'only Buttons & Text are off position if using "BootCampStyle=true"' then I would hazard a guess that I will need to look at how Theme->Layout->TileYSpace from the theme.plist is taken in to account.

I'm out for most of today so won't be able to spend too much time on in.. but I'll see what I can come up with to help.

Keep up your hard work with your excellent themes.

Guessing that the line should instead be something like this instead:

row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? 8 : EntriesGap) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)
                  * ((MaxItemOnScreen < row0Count)?MaxItemOnScreen:row0Count)) >> 1;

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Oops, I just realized that you replied twice.
OK, added "TileYSpace=N" under Layout, now Buttons & Text are shown properly for 256px theme with "BootCampStyle=true" (using your r4817 test). Many thanks.

BCS_TileYSpace.png

That's great! Thanks for letting me know.

20 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Weird is Vector theme, compared to r4713 (with r4785 unCommitted) both have 8px Offset to the left (Orange box). Does this how latest Clovy.svg look like? 

I also see clovy's icons offset to the left, but what's strange is BGM_SVG's icons are not.

1098292965_Screenshot2018-12-22at19_16_30.thumb.png.4ba36a1d2b35cc361e89f505bc91bff1.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Great to see the alignment issue with raster themes being looked into - hopefully the fix works for 128px raster themes too.

AFAICT, 128px raster themes look fine.

raster.thumb.jpg.b86eb077c6053045b06c9c8a2e73ed5a.jpg

2 hours ago, apianti said:

Guessing that the line should instead be something like this instead:

row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? 8 : EntriesGap) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)

or actually, 

row0PosX = (UGAWidth + (GlobalConfig.TypeSVG ? EntriesGap : 8) - (EntriesWidth + EntriesGap)

as the 8 would not be used if SVG theme is true.

1 hour ago, Ingwar77 said:

"TileYSpace=N" under Layout

Do you mean "NO" Boolean,
or "N" string neutral,
or what? :huh:

in the above example, N would be an integer value to represent a number of pixels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

I also see clovy's icons offset to the left, but what's strange is BGM_SVG's icons are not.

1098292965_Screenshot2018-12-22at19_16_30.thumb.png.4ba36a1d2b35cc361e89f505bc91bff1.png

This is down to the following section in VectorGraphics.c 

if ((strstr(IconName, "selection_big") != NULL) && (!GlobalConfig.SelectionOnTop)) {
          GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize = (int)(IconImage->width * Scale); //xxx
          row0TileSize = GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize; // + (int)(16.f * Scale);
          DBG("main entry size = %d\n", GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize);
        }

So the GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize is only scaled if GlobalConfig.SelectionOnTop is not true.

Clovy has the selection set to be below:

SelectionOnTop="0"

Where as BGM_SCV has selection set to be above

SelectionOnTop="1"

Clovy:

9:139  0:004  GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize =144

BGM_SVG:

9:898  0:048  GlobalConfig.MainEntriesSize =128

Changing Clovy theme to have SelectionOnTop="1" correctly centres the icons.

So I would say the above code needs to be changed to remove the condition regarding the state of GlobalConfig.SelectionOnTop ?

EDIT: no..needs more checks..

Edited by blackosx

Thanks for letting me know. I'll test with the DarkBootX theme and see.

Looks OK here on my current build, but then I'm currently working on changes. Did you try with the build I posted yesterday (above)?

screenshot.thumb.jpg.78fb08cf23b7cdd68a227cdce1690e4b.jpg

Edited by blackosx

Err, yeah, I wrote it backwards in haste but you knew what I was getting at. Have you looked at multiple rows to see if they are correct (and a bunch of custom entries)? Because it looks like they might have the same issue...

EDIT: Misspelled a word.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Odd, I use the DarkBootX theme (latest version of the theme + latest Clover) and the MainEntries are off center.

Well, MainEntries are using 160px instead of 128px, duno why I got some difficulties when applying graphics fx with smaller layer; they're pixelated on some parts. If you take a look a theme like "Outlines"; I did layer crop to the OS logo.. I could get outline (stroke) no more than 1px if using small layer so.. they'll be pixelated: things that honestly I hate with Raster graphics if not using a proper image resampling method and or good properties when exporting 8-bit png (especially, if they contain transparency). They'll be better if built from vector but FYi, not all my Raster themes came from vector.

Anyway, I'm currently filtering my themes collection and see which of them will be converted (or rebuilt) to vector / svg. So, themes with 256px could be merged into one on the future (with 128px as standard for MainEntries) and Theme's repo will be slimmer (I hope, and not confusing ppl why there're more than one theme with a same look but just diff. size LoL).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

Multiple rows? Sorry, not sure I understand. Do you mean multiple entries?

Edit: yeah I’m sure you do as you said add a bunch of custom entries

Ugh, I'm out of it. I mean like if there are more entries than appear on the screen, do they work right? And is there a difference between the rows between themes? Because it looks like the second row of icons is lower on raster themes now then vector themes, I think the same issue just vertically.

EDIT: I think I mean the reverse but whatever, I have no idea what I'm saying anymore, there just appears to be a difference.

Edited by apianti
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Well, MainEntries are using 160px instead of 128px, duno why I got some difficulties when applying graphics fx with smaller layer; they're pixelated on some parts. If you take a look a theme like "Outlines"; I did layer crop to the OS logo.. I could get outline (stroke) no more than 1px if using small layer so.. they'll be pixelated: things that honestly I hate with Raster graphics if not using a proper image resampling method and or good properties when exporting 8-bit png (especially, if they contain transparency). They'll be better if built from vector but FYi, not all my Raster themes came from vector.

Anyway, I'm currently filtering my themes collection and see which of them will be converted (or rebuilt) to vector / svg. So, themes with 256px could be merged into one on the future (with 128px as standard for MainEntries) and Theme's repo will be slimmer (I hope, and not confusing ppl why there're more than one theme with a same look but just diff. size LoL).

I assume that your vector themes will be 128px very nice, I can not wait to try it.

Great luck in making vector themes 128 px.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blackosx said:
13 hours ago, Ingwar77 said:

"TileYSpace=N" under Layout

Do you mean "NO" Boolean,
or "N" string neutral,
or what? :huh:

in the above example, N would be an integer value to represent a number of pixels.

Now the value is 32, which one do you suggest?

35 minutes ago, Ingwar77 said:

Are you referring to blackosx's r4817 (test version)..?

It depends on which theme used and MainEntries size.

Example below is using "FlatCamp" theme with "BootCampStyle=true", it has 160px for MainEntries BTW.

Spoiler

<key>Layout</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ButtonOffset</key>
			<integer>32</integer>
			<key>TileXSpace</key>
			<integer>40</integer>
			<key>Vertical</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

"TileYSpace" is not used under Layout; it looks fine. But for theme with 256px MainEntries, it' s needed on this case.

This could be temporary solution anyway.

FlatCamp-Test-BCS-r4817.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, blackosx said:

Thanks for letting me know. I'll test with the DarkBootX theme and see.

Looks OK here on my current build, but then I'm currently working on changes. Did you try with the build I posted yesterday (above)?

Yes I am using the build you posted yesterday (but I did have to rename CLOVER.efi to CLOVERX64.efi if that makes any difference) along with the current DarkBootX theme (v1.7) with a custom icon for macOS Mojave (doesn't make a difference if I use the original one). Random thought; would forcing screen resolution in Clover cause it to happen? If so, I have mine forced to display at 2560x1440. But yeah, MainEntries are still off-center for me. Second random thought; I also use only custom entries too, perhaps that's why it happens?

EDIT: I removed the 2560x1440 screen resolution, and it didn't make a difference so it isn't that.

EDIT 2: Switched from custom entries to auto and that doesn't make a difference either, MainEntries are still off-center for me. I'm stumped now.

screenshot2.thumb.png.9688543b90f755e2cf39970e9d9df94a.png

Edited by Awesome Donkey
  • Like 2

It's the Christmas period so my time is limited ATM so sorry for my lack of replies.

22 hours ago, apianti said:

Ugh, I'm out of it. I mean like if there are more entries than appear on the screen, do they work right? And is there a difference between the rows between themes? Because it looks like the second row of icons is lower on raster themes now then vector themes, I think the same issue just vertically.

EDIT: I think I mean the reverse but whatever, I have no idea what I'm saying anymore, there just appears to be a difference.

Yes. More entries than appear on screen work fine.

I agree, there is a difference between the vertical placement of rows in raster themes and vector themes though I've not looked in to this as of yet. I'm sure this can be worked on in time.

17 hours ago, luky35 said:

I assume that your vector themes will be 128px very nice, I can not wait to try it.

Great luck in making vector themes 128 px.

Yes, from what I can tell, all vector themes should be designed as per Clovy's sizes, which is what I based BGM_SVG on.

15 hours ago, Ingwar77 said:

"TileYSpace=N" is an optional layout value that can be used to add vertical spacing to raster themes. Here's an example showing 'not used' (left side), 128px (right side).

TileYSpace.thumb.jpg.892e6d70d498498a702674a1faf400fe.jpg

As you can see, this pushes the text down by 128px also so that's why there's another optional layout setting exists, TextOffset, which allows you to change it's position. So adding  

<key>TextOffset</key>
            <integer>-100</integer>

Then moves the text back up.

TextOffset.thumb.jpg.a12d5b6d2570bf75274b5fd62951c247.jpg

See theme.plist from BGM256 for more examples of what can be set. Feel free to play with the settings to come up with different layouts.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1