Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, luky35 said:

@Slice hi,

Sorry, a printing error.
I attach a config.plist with the Clovy theme, but it does not work.
What am I wrong, please?

Thank you!

Config.plist

File attached is a screenshot, not a config.plist file. Take a look on Slice's post in Clover explanation topic.

You have to put "Daytime" (if you want) and Timezone in Embeddedthemetype (or delete this key if you don't use it). Clover Configurator isn't up to date for this parameters

Rev 4773
Daylight support in Clover GUI (like in Mojave).
You should choose
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Timezone</key>
		<integer>3</integer>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>embedded</string>
		<key>EmbeddedThemeType</key>
		<string>Daytime</string>
Then BIOS time + Timezone will be compared to 8:00 of morning and 20:00 of evening and set light type or dark.

Rev 4774
Clovy SVG theme has os_moja_night icon and Background_night to choose depending on daylight.

Edited by Matgen84

Clovy SVG theme is not embedded.

For vector SVG theme you have to set

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>Clovy</string>

For embedded theme which is raster theme based on PNG graphics you have to set

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Theme</key>

Do you see any difference?

46 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

File attached is a screenshot, not a config.plist file. Take a look on Slice's post in Clover explanation topic.

You have to put "Daytime" (if you want) and Timezone in Embeddedthemetype (or delete this key if you don't use it). Clover Configurator isn't up to date for this parameters

Rev 4773
Daylight support in Clover GUI (like in Mojave).
You should choose
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Timezone</key>
		<integer>3</integer>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<key>EmbeddedThemeType</key>
		<string>Daytime</string>
Then BIOS time + Timezone will be compared to 8:00 of morning and 20:00 of evening and set light type or dark.

Rev 4774
Clovy SVG theme has os_moja_night icon and Background_night to choose depending on daylight.

I attach my config.plist if you can write me a Clovy theme.

Thank you!

config.plist.zip

14 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Thank you!

config.plist.zip

It is done. I think your time zone is 1 like in France.

As I said before Timezone and EmbeddedThemeType aren't mandatory to use this vector theme

config.plist.zip

hmm. i downloaded the clover 4784 package from sourceforce and installed clover and the clovy theme. however it hangs the UI if i switch themes from clover options? not sure what i missed?

edit : ok it works on my Dell by not the T420 for some reason. looks good!

Edited by tluck

9 hours ago, luky35 said:

@Matgen84 hi,

Thanks for the help, but the topic does not show.
Upload a theme that I used before.

Thank you!

You have to install the Clovy theme when you use the Clover installer, then set it as the default theme by whichever method you prefer, the config.plist method was shown to you above by Slice.

1 hour ago, tluck said:

hmm. i downloaded the clover 4784 package from sourceforce and installed clover and the clovy theme. however it hangs the UI if i switch themes from clover options? not sure what i missed?

Probably a bug switching between the two types of themes, vector and raster.

19 hours ago, luky35 said:

Thank you!

config.plist.zip

Something is not clear in my answer?

10 hours ago, tluck said:

Can you test previous version of Clovy/theme.svg?

For example this one

theme.svg.zip

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tluck said:

Make me, please, screenshot with main menu (F10) when embedded theme used. I want to know what icons used.

9 hours ago, Slice said:

Make me, please, screenshot with main menu (F10) when embedded theme used. I want to know what icons used.

here is the image with embedded on my T420 - i have 2 disks. even with single disk (Windows, macOS and recovery) i get black screen and hang. with new and older theme.svg file

screenshot1.png

Edited by tluck

4 hours ago, Bwitcher said:

@Slice same issue,  stuck on boot , if i choose Clovy theme in config.plist, even can't enter the clover GUI

Can you make a debug.log to see what is the point of hangs?

5 hours ago, Bwitcher said:

@Slice same issue,  stuck on boot , if i choose Clovy theme in config.plist, even can't enter the clover GUI

Another issue, stuck on Clover GUI menu, if I switch from current theme to Clovy. (Clover r4789)

Edited by Matgen84

MainEntries were not vertically centered if they use size bigger than 128px since r4785.

Well, there's no problem with r4784 (Left SS), but the right one isn't (BGM, also any themes with 256px).

Thanks.

screenshots.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

I've updated more than 20 themes on the repo, mainly to adapt with new transparency level since (r4728? not sure which exact rev). And yeah, lot of them need to be completely redesigned or just come with another concept:

1. HighSierra

DGJZhTj.png

2. Mojave

NB7WuBf.png

3. One

Spoiler

QhSKx0O.png

4. Clovernity

Spoiler

CV2v2oZ.png

5. Circla, Glassy, Greenify, InsanelyLook, Material, Nightwish, Outlines, Retina & Sphere.

Anyway, sorry if you were annoyed with my commits (did you get spamming notifications via Email?)

So, the first commit was succeeded (though it spent more than 2 hours for pushing 25 themes). But then, it failed syncing to server for unknown reason. Weird is, I got another failed for the 2nd time when trying to fix prev. commit OMG! Or it was just my terrible internet connection, eh.. but I could download any file from SF / GH with no problem at 1 mbps (is it slow enough?). -_-

#EDIT: Nevermind, I've resolved my prev. bad commit (new UI for Apocalypse, BeautyX, DarkBootX, Hex256, Leather, Oceanix & Xmas have been synced to the server).

Screenshot.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Badruzeus The problem is that on the server side if you update so many themes at once they have to be removed and rechecked out on the server to make them available for the app to see. You should only push one theme at a time so you don't get the timeout on the server side. Since the checkout is done with resources that are less prioritized than pushing, it will be slower. It will be faster to just commit each individual theme and push it, although that seems counter productive. Also, I don't understand why everyone always has so much trouble with sourceforge, its never slow for me. Sometimes, its down but every site goes down, especially when it has tens of thousands of projects.

• Thanks 1