[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Well, this was simple, thank you! The fake ID method worked like a charm. I just upgraded my Lenovo x201 from 10.12.1 to 10.13 without any problem and no data loss.

Question: is there a battery stats fix already?

post-1365297-0-19645500-1507257945_thumb.png

• Like 3

Congrats man. I think I'm going to Dos fresh install in my machine tomorrow because I can't seem to bypass that no applies logo and progress bar not showing when booting. I tried what @Badruzeus suggested but it still didn't work. So I'll give it a try again tomorrow or something. As far as my Toshiba Portegé goes, I think it's suffering from overheating. If I find some time I'll open it up and try to reapply some fresh thermal paste on it or something to see if that'll fix it. I've had it since 2011. Oh and for the battery, I used Vietnam tool and ticked off ACPIbattery or something like that along with my network kexts.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. I also tried to create a ssdt, I couldn't. 

For PM Arrandale: 

scherm28.png

scherm29.png

My set , PM is good ........

Hello guys, I have a working 10.12.1 on a Lenovo x201(i5 - 520M) laptop and I would like to upgrade to 10.13, but I'm a little concerned that something might go bad (did lots of trial and error to have a working hack) and this is my day by day computer. If anyone can give me some clear directions on doing that, I would appreciate. I attach my current EFI folder.

EFI

Do not download the file, can you still attach?

Ok, thanks.  I'll check it out later on tonight.  I'll also try and work on the dsdt for the screen brightness and sleep too..

I've tried already as a guide, Gengik84 has compiled the DSDT way, put kext in a clover, it does not go, the light bar appears but there is NO control.

They say that from 10.12.5 there have been problems with the brightness.

Congrats man. I think I'm going to Dos fresh install in my machine tomorrow because I can't seem to bypass that no applies logo and progress bar not showing when booting. I tried what @Badruzeus suggested but it still didn't work. So I'll give it a try again tomorrow or something. As far as my Toshiba Portegé goes, I think it's suffering from overheating. If I find some time I'll open it up and try to reapply some fresh thermal paste on it or something to see if that'll fix it. I've had it since 2011. Oh and for the battery, I used Vietnam tool and ticked off ACPIbattery or something like that along with my network kexts.

try setting it as in photo, post 1764 for PM

I made another fresh install this time without dual booting with windows and all is working like before but still without fix for screen brightness and sleep/wake function.  I've tried to patch dsdt myself but kept getting errors. Anyone willing to help me out, id greatly appreciate it.

I made another fresh install this time without dual booting with windows and all is working like before but still without fix for screen brightness and sleep/wake function.  I've tried to patch dsdt myself but kept getting errors. Anyone willing to help me out, id greatly appreciate it.

Try with or w/o Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext for ur brightness issue.. 

Don't i still need the patch in dsdt in order to use the intelbacklight.kext?

If I still remember, before 10.12.6 we still need it besides patched DSDT for IGPU, but for later macOS versions I'm not sure; I my self no longer using Intel HD 1st Gen now. Just try it ur self, sorry.  :)

Congrats; happy hackintosh  :)

#EDIT: For ur Brightness issue with Intel HD Graphics 1st Gen, just apply this PNLF patch within ur DSDT (credit to: @Rehabman). Plz note, using this.. U don't need to check "Add_PNLF" from ACPI section of ur config.plist. (also from a same repo, there're some patches for Sleep/Wake issue u could try them). Good luck.

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy.txt 

Which patch goes for sleep/wake in the patch?  I was able to add the patch for brightness which i haven't tried to see if it works yet.  

------

Just tried the patches for sleep and no dice.. The only patches that worked for me was audio and my wifi card. Sleep/wake and screen brightness still no go.  

Which patch goes for sleep/wake in the patch?  I was able to add the patch for brightness which i haven't tried to see if it works yet.  

------

Just tried the patches for sleep and no dice.. The only patches that worked for me was audio and my wifi card. Sleep/wake and screen brightness still no go.  

Post DSDT for PNLF ,try to see monitor options if you see the light bar and check if changing it varies, it seems to me but I have no control over it, the brightness does NOT vary

• Like 1

@Goldfiah64 I'm assuming so but since I'm not running 10.13 I can't confirm. Maybe someone else can speak on that. Just experiment.

-------

I made the switch to High Sierra the other day and can't get my sound to work at all. In Sierra, my codec was detected when I used DPCIManager which is ALC272.  The only way my codec gets detected is if I use VoodooHDA which gives me horrible sound with a hiss in the background.. As soon as I delete voodoohda kext along with HDAdisabler.kext, my codec is gone and won't show under DPCIManager.  Anyone has a fix?  

System: Toshiba Satellite A505

Intel HD 1st Gen Core i3 M330 2.4ghz

500GB HDD

MacOs High Sierra 10.13

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there?

Is there any one having issue with dark screen after wake from sleep on HS?

I upgraded from Sierra to HS, every thing is working as expected QE/CI, AppleHDA sound, WiFi, brightness with APP.

I played with dark wake values 1-10 but nothing.

Se my signature.

The original Yosemite Patch is no longer effective for 10.13 High Sierra. Instead, you need another patch.

High Sierra Patch

find: FABA00600009BF006000040F44FA09F7

replace: FABA00600008BF006000040F44FA09F7

patched kext provided below for LW1

Thanks!

I tried your patched kext but I still get dark screen after wake up.

Hello friends,

my laptop medion E7216 works very well with Sierra.

works good:
PM, QE/CI duallink 1600x900, USB2, USB3, battery, SD card cosmetics, LAN, WLAN ...

not working:
Since 10.12.4 the IntelBacklight.kext no longer works. The slider is present but no brightness changes.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

My configuration:
Clover in LegacyMode (non ESP) with DSDT
SMBIOS MacBookPro6.1

How did you make the Sierra insallation stick?

Confirmed working Arrandale graphics in macOS 10.13 High Sierra (a little artifacts here and there, but still fluid, with 10.12 kexts), I actually didn't test the betas, but installed today the App Store version. Only thing different from installing Sierra is that the installer will kernel panic if you try to remove AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext with single-user mode, so, boot verbose in order to watch boot sequence flows correctly and don't get scared by the heavy artifacts the original framebuffer makes, let it install (once you see the artifacts it will go through the update, you don't need to input anything anyway.) and it will reboot automatically. After reboot, I recommend booting single-user in order to remove the offending kexts, and rebuild kernel cache. It will reboot once again. After the kernel cache is rebuilt and that last reboot, boot normally, install 10.12 kexts from this thread, reboot and Done!! (Works if you're jumping from 10.11.X or 10.12.X, with the Mac App Store full version).

RFlKZAF.jpg

P.D.: Remember to update all your apps to the latest version hehe

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed working Arrandale graphics in macOS 10.13 High Sierra (a little artifacts here and there, but still fluid, with 10.12 kexts), I actually didn't test the betas, but installed today the App Store version. Only thing different from installing Sierra is that the installer will kernel panic if you try to remove AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext with single-user mode, so, boot verbose in order to watch boot sequence flows correctly and don't get scared by the heavy artifacts the original framebuffer makes, let it install (once you see the artifacts it will go through the update, you don't need to input anything anyway.) and it will reboot automatically. After reboot, I recommend booting single-user in order to remove the offending kexts, and rebuild kernel cache. It will reboot once again. After the kernel cache is rebuilt and that last reboot, boot normally, install 10.12 kexts from this thread, reboot and Done!! (Works if you're jumping from 10.11.X or 10.12.X, with the Mac App Store full version).

RFlKZAF.jpg

P.D.: Remember to update all your apps to the latest version hehe

FCPX works on Intel HD 1st gen?

Thanks.

Thanks.

In any official capacity, no. FCPX only works with either dedicated OpenGL cards or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later. You definitely wouldn't be able to install from the App Store. What may work, if you have a real Mac or compatible Hackintosh laying around (VMs won't work), is downloading and installing on a compatible computer and slide load the app. You just would have to copy /Applications/ Final Cut Pro X.app from the compatible computer to the incompatible computer. This method works with some incompatible real macs, but a Hackintosh with first-gen Intel HD Graphics remains untested to my knowledge. I may be able to test this method for you, albeit it would be a while and it would be an old version of FCPX on El Capitan. I'd recommend letting me test it before shelling out $300 for FCPX to side load onto a computer that may not work. I already have bought FCPX for school work on my real MacBook Pro. Just let me know if you want me to proceed!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

In any official capacity, no. FCPX only works with either dedicated OpenGL cards or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later. You definitely wouldn't be able to install from the App Store. What may work, if you have a real Mac or compatible Hackintosh laying around (VMs won't work), is downloading and installing on a compatible computer and slide load the app. You just would have to copy /Applications/ Final Cut Pro X.app from the compatible computer to the incompatible computer. This method works with some incompatible real macs, but a Hackintosh with first-gen Intel HD Graphics remains untested to my knowledge. I may be able to test this method for you, albeit it would be a while and it would be an old version of FCPX on El Capitan. I'd recommend letting me test it before shelling out $300 for FCPX to side load onto a computer that may not work. I already have bought FCPX for school work on my real MacBook Pro. Just let me know if you want me to proceed!

I just tested this out... FCPX only works if you sideload offline (as in copying to the .app bundle to an external drive and transferring it to the other computer).  If you transfer it online or, like I initially did, through AirDrop, a "Verifying Final Cut Pro" window will pop up, like you get with downloaded applications.  It'll complete about 99% of the way and then hang there.  When you transfer via an external disk, the program will open fine without that verifying window.

There is a speed hit, but then again, the PC I tested it out on has less RAM than my MacBook Pro, so it's hard to gauge.  Also, this method won't allow you to playback ProRes content in QuickTime.  But it does open and function properly.  I'd also recommend turning off background render, as that will take a lot of the GPU's power.  And I only tested a simple edit (take a 5 minute YouTube video, import it, cut it down to 3 minutes by removing the first minute on the beginning and end of the clip, and exported to ProRes).  I can't vouch for any more powerful features, but Final Cut Pro seems to work just fine on the First Gen Intel HD Graphics.  So there's your answer!!