[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

System/Library/Extensions

i created a Sierra installer disk using this command: "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done

But, in the /System/Library/ there is only

CoreServices - folder

PrelinkedKernels - folder

.DS_Store - hidden file

The Finder is showing hidden files.

i created a Sierra installer disk using this command: "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction &&say Done

But, in the /System/Library/ there is only

CoreServices - folder

PrelinkedKernels - folder

.DS_Store - hidden file

The Finder is showing hidden files.

This is my Install usb root, as you can see.

post-1872097-0-12586800-1492111891_thumb.png

Hello friends,

my laptop medion E7216 works very well with Sierra.

works good:
PM, QE/CI duallink 1600x900, USB2, USB3, battery, SD card cosmetics, LAN, WLAN ...

not working:
Since 10.12.4 the IntelBacklight.kext no longer works. The slider is present but no brightness changes.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

My configuration:
Clover in LegacyMode (non ESP) with DSDT
SMBIOS MacBookPro6.1

post-1358580-0-40433400-1492156481_thumb.png
  • Like 1

Hello Intel graphic 1st users.

Im coding to improve detection intel graphic series.

I made all. Remain test now

Can someone help me? Just copy and paste. Check Boot or not and report with clover log.

I will record your nick name arrandale in reply

Thanks in advance

Link

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2405504

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I used this guide for Yosemite and everything worked perfectly.  I have a LVDS display conection. I've been using Yosemite for 1 year with QE CI enabled.

Now i installed Sierra. I can't manage to put the graphics to work.

I installed the Kexts with the framebuffer and i'm getting stuck in the follow message in verbose mode:

* Kextd wait on 'GFX0' - i guess the kexts are not loading.

How to fix this problem? Is there any flag, fix or something similar?

I'm using the last version of Clover.

Thanks in advanced

Dear Friends:

I managed to install 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics very well on Sierra 10.12.4.

Firstly I got laggy transitions and no transparency. When I clicked on Download on the Dock, the pile os files was rising very slided/laggy.

When clicking LaunchPad and holding control, the icons started to shake laggy and the mouse stopped.

When I was in Yosemite 10.10.3, everything worked fine.

HERE IS THE GREAT BIGGEST SECRET EVER:

>>>>> I just installed the ORIGINAL kexts from Sierra, and replaced just the framebuffer from my old Yosemite.

Now I got transparency. Smooth transitions. Nice shaking icons on LaunchPad, Mission Smooth. I can play Chess at 6 FPS (very heavy game), record my screen in Quick Time and so on.

Thanks for everybody that support mackintosh community.

The only left issue in Sierra now is: no USB. If someone know how to fix it I'll be thankful.

HP dv4-2160us - Intel i5 430m 2.27 GHz - Arrandale, 1st Generations Intel Graphics, 5 Series/3400 Series board. 4 GB ram, 250 HD.

Let's spread how to fix 'laggy' on 1st Gen Intel Graphics HD!!!

Yes, and No, it worked buy doesn't. Everything is running super smooth.

But.

I openned OpenGL Viewer and the Intel HD Graphics do not show up. Only Apple Render.

I installed the kexts provided by insanelymac 10.12 and the patched framebuffer from 10.12. Same thing. Intel HD Graphics do not show up, maps doesn't work and the speed of Cube test is 7 FPS.

What i need to do in order to make it works?

Thanks in advanced

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello friends,

my laptop medion E7216 works very well with Sierra.

works good:
PM, QE/CI duallink 1600x900, USB2, USB3, battery, SD card cosmetics, LAN, WLAN ...

not working:
Since 10.12.4 the IntelBacklight.kext no longer works. The slider is present but no brightness changes.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

My configuration:
Clover in LegacyMode (non ESP) with DSDT
SMBIOS MacBookPro6.1

any guide how to make brightness and power management work on first gen intel processor and graphics in 10.12 sierra ??

Wow, I just say that I'm a bit jealous because the fact that I see a lot of people are getting success with Yosemite and even high sierra in their arandale based laptops and I can't seem to get mines to work for the life of me. Someone please help me Mac peer, what's up bro?

#1 Laptops: Toshiba Portegé R705-P35

Intel HD Graphics M370

4GB of Ram 500GB HDD

#2 Toshiba Satelite A505

Intel HD Graphics 330M

4GB of Ram 500 GB HDD

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

sleep not work for Intel gen 1

Brightness Control and Battery patch DSDT 

sleep not work for Intel gen 1

Brightness Control and Battery patch DSDT 

i was able to patch brightness but the controls for brightness are still kind of broken. When on fresh start if i press brightness low key then screen dims completely to dark and it stays like that as i can't increase brightness :/

I'm coming out of "retirement" to throw this idea out there: Is it possible to consider creating a kext based on Lilu to automatically patch the kexts and other issues related to first-gen Intel HD Graphics? I would try myself, but I'm not a programmer and all the plugin reading is going over my head.

More info: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321371-lilu-%E2%80%94-kext-and-process-patcher/

I'm coming out of "retirement" to throw this idea out there: Is it possible to consider creating a kext based on Lilu to automatically patch the kexts and other issues related to first-gen Intel HD Graphics? I would try myself, but I'm not a programmer and all the plugin reading is going over my head.

More info: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321371-lilu-%E2%80%94-kext-and-process-patcher/

If there are no hacks to the info.plist, sure you can, but since there are Single Link and Dual Link display, you will have to create an additional boot args so that it will change the patching pattern to Dual Link if you input it, for example -1stgfx=dual or something like that

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening, wanting to test the new High Sierra 10.13 on my notebook I turned to Gengik84 and we were able to install it with the bootable usb created with C_I_M. So without the need to erase any kext. That's allowed to get to the desktop and then put the 2 kexts in the clover into the folder created by me 10.13 ...........

VGA ON without erasing anything ...........

Add fake id 0x12345678 to clover gui or config only x install

Grande Gengik84 ........................

img_0513.jpg

img_0514.jpg

CLOVER.zip

• Like 4