[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

The front-page guide should be updated for 10.12 and 10.13 ....

This seems to me to be deserved .....

When installing, remember the fake id 0x12345678, which is fundamental if you do not cancel anything .....

Good Hack  ;)

Wow, just wow. I was able to install without the need to enter the fake id, and upon reboot to the partition, it would get stuck so i just tried the fake id and i was able to get to the desktop and without qe/ci obviously.  Just installed clover bootloader, and i made sure i entered the fake id in the proper place in clover configurator.  Now what's next?  Where do i get the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext? 

Wow, just wow. I was able to install without the need to enter the fake id, and upon reboot to the partition, it would get stuck so i just tried the fake id and i was able to get to the desktop and without qe/ci obviously.  Just installed clover bootloader, and i made sure i entered the fake id in the proper place in clover configurator.  Now what's next?  Where do i get the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext? 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/?p=2505446 

My both of my laptops are 1366x768 resolution. I made sure inject intel and patch vbios are ticked under config.plist in clover configurator as well.  I'm getting very close because this is the closest ive gotten in many months of trying. 

Laptop 1: Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Intel Core i3 370M intel HD 1st Gen.

Laptop 2: Toshiba Satelite A505 Intel Core i3 m330 intel HD 1st Gen..

Monitor info? resolution etc. etc?

System info?

my HP works with many types of AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

Did you check InjectIntel ? Any idea why my screen is a little crazy when I move the shake the mouse or move the mouse across the screen? It does the same when I use the built it Dell n5010 trackpad.

My both of my laptops are 1366x768 resolution. I made sure inject intel and patch vbios are ticked under config.plist in clover configurator as well.  I'm getting very close because this is the closest ive gotten in many months of trying. 

Laptop 1: Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Intel Core i3 370M intel HD 1st Gen.

Laptop 2: Toshiba Satelite A505 Intel Core i3 m330 intel HD 1st Gen..

My config :

scherm21.png 

scherm22.png

:thumbsup_anim:

SUCCESS!! Yesssssss! Here's my clover folder for anyone who wants to compare. It'll contain my dsdt dumps as well to whomever feel like they could help me patch my screen brightness/sleep/wake issues. 

Congrats; happy hackintosh  :)

#EDIT: For ur Brightness issue with Intel HD Graphics 1st Gen, just apply this PNLF patch within ur DSDT (credit to: @Rehabman). Plz note, using this.. U don't need to check "Add_PNLF" from ACPI section of ur config.plist. (also from a same repo, there're some patches for Sleep/Wake issue u could try them). Good luck.

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_PNLF_ivy_sandy.txt 

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. I also tried to create a ssdt, I couldn't. 

For SSDT under Arrandale (if I still remember what's @GhostRaider said, plz take a look for the guides again) we just need to check Generate PStates & CStates under ACPI section of config.plist and we're ready to go.

Oh ok cool, I got those ticked off under the config.plist. I'll try and get this Satelite A505 situated and then i'll move onto the Toshiba Portege. 

FYI.. For anyone who's still having issues with qe/ci after using the fake id 0x12345678, make sure to delete it after  installing the framebuffer kexts along with the other kexts from package for 10.12 for AppleIntelHD graphics, and make sure the patch vbios and intel hd is ticked off. 

FYI.. For anyone who's still having issues with qe/ci after using the fake id 0x12345678, make sure to delete it after installing the framebuffer kexts along with the other kexts from package for 10.12 for AppleIntelHD graphics, and make sure the patch vbios and intel hd is ticked off.

OFC we should to remove it ^_^ ; 0x12345678 is just a fake ig-platform to prevents AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB*.kext for loading thus we could reach the installation screen (w/o QE/CI though), just another method (which is safer) w/o touching SLE (removing AppleIntelHD*.kext)..
  • Like 1

Hello guys, I have a working 10.12.1 on a Lenovo x201(i5 - 520M) laptop and I would like to upgrade to 10.13, but I'm a little concerned that something might go bad (did lots of trial and error to have a working hack) and this is my day by day computer. If anyone can give me some clear directions on doing that, I would appreciate. I attach my current EFI folder.

EFI

What exactly is this new fake ig-platform 0x12345678 ???

My laptop i3 380m 1th Gen. works well with HighSierra and SSD (APFS) without ig-platform 0x12345678 with my Intel Kext's and my framebuffer-Kext Alternate for Duallink 1600x900.

post-1358580-0-10510500-1507221287_thumb.png

I can not quite follow, Blackout, sorry, am already older, hihi.
  • Like 2

@MacPeet that new fake id is strange to me as well but it's what saved me after installation and I couldn't reach desktop without it.  You think you could prepare an image like that for me showing my laptop for under About this Mac?  My laptop is the Toshiba Satelite A505.

@MacPeet that new fake id is strange to me as well but it's what saved me after installation and I couldn't reach desktop without it.  You think you could prepare an image like that for me showing my laptop for under About this Mac?  My laptop is the Toshiba Satelite A505.

Finder => Shift+Cmd+G: /Applications/Utilities/System Information.app/Contents/Resources/SystemLogo.tiff

• Like 2

Wish someone could tell me why im not seeing the apple logo upon booting. Im not even booting in verbose either. But it boots in verbos.

Under "Boot" section within your config.plist, (open with Clover Configurator.app) there's an option named "CustomLogo" (on middle right side), leave it as default w/o any value selected.

post-826765-0-93172900-1507222590.jpg

• Like 1

@TheOpSis I'd suggest you do the experiment on a spare hard drive if you have one since it's ya day to day lappy.  I'm sure the procedure shouldn't be that much different from 10.12.  Just create the USB installer and follow the procedures as you did with 10.12.

• Like 1