[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Hey , Help me  :(

i try this method for my ASUS X45A intel Celeron 1000m, 

but not working  :(

already patching dsdt, patch intel graphics, inject intel graphics .

why not working in my notebook ??

i used snow leopard, mavericks, yosemite, sierra. but always not respond my vga card :'(

anyone can solved this problem??

this my intel reg dump from ubuntu  :(

help i stress  :(

device id

0x0156

0x0009

all kext working, sound, acpi bright, dsdt fix bug, battery, wireless swap to ar9285.

ONLY Graphics my problem  :(

please help mee,,,,

^sorry bad english^

THIS GUIDE ONLY INTEL CPU 1°GEN ARRANDALE ............ Sorry

with kext here

Instead of using these kexts here and erasing original, why is not possible to use Clover to patch the original kext on the fly ?

If it is possible, then what are all the changes made to the original kexts here ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, I have a Dell Latitude E6410 (Intel Core i5 520M, 8Gb of RAM, 1 TB HDD) .. It only has Intel HD Graphics with eDP connector  :blush:  .. does any one have the correct Kexts for it ? It's device id is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_040A1028&REV_02 . and i wish to install OS X El capitain 10.11.6 or greater .. Thanks in advance  :) .

Does anyone here have the backlight working after sleep on 10.12.6? I recall that it worked fine on 10.12.4 or 10.12.5, but after doing a clean install of 10.12.6, the backlight stays off after a resume from sleep, brightness slider doesn't appear either. The DSDT is patched according to the guide with the IntelBacklight kext present.

Does anyone here have the backlight working after sleep on 10.12.6? I recall that it worked fine on 10.12.4 or 10.12.5, but after doing a clean install of 10.12.6, the backlight stays off after a resume from sleep, brightness slider doesn't appear either. The DSDT is patched according to the guide with the IntelBacklight kext present.

I also hit the DSDT and put the kext on 10.12.6 or 10.13, I have the cursor and buttons but the brightness does not change .....

Can you post your DSDT?

• 4 weeks later...

How to boot the installer without the black screen during graphical entrance? I tried many things, some dumb (removing the kexts from the DMG on USB). Restore method display OSInstall.mpkg Missing or Invalid. CreateInstallMedia seems to work but display blackscreen. Include the patched kext on EFI partition is order to bypass the native display Unable to load kext. The method of fake id (Baio77) display blackscreen. If i boot in -x mode it restart by itself.

How can we (owner of 1st gen intel graphics) can install High Sierra?

How to boot the installer without the black screen during graphical entrance? I tried many things, some dumb (removing the kexts from the DMG on USB). Restore method display OSInstall.mpkg Missing or Invalid. CreateInstallMedia seems to work but display blackscreen. Include the patched kext on EFI partition is order to bypass the native display Unable to load kext. The method of fake id (Baio77) display blackscreen. If i boot in -x mode it restart by itself.

How can we (owner of 1st gen intel graphics) can install High Sierra?

have you checked intel graphic in CLOVER config.plist ???

HIGH SIERRA FINAL on ACER ASPIRE 5733

working for me  :)

captur10.jpg

• Like 1

I tried with Inject Intel and without... same result (black screen).

Install :with fake ID 0x12345678 ....... 

Post install : copy with KEXT WIZARD only this file in S\L\E ...... until you install this kext, you have to start with fake id ..... In the configplist, in Clover graphics section: select Patch Vbios and Intel inject ....

scherm11.png

scherm13.png

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip With Kext Wizard in S\L\E ONLY this KEXT for active your VGA Arrandale in 10.13

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip Only if you have CPU problems , copy in Clover Kext ... To cancel, if you want to manage PM with Clover

Once installed, you can enable PM management with Clover

scherm14.png

scherm15.png

Can you post your EFI folder?

• Like 1

Install :with fake ID 0x12345678 ....... 

Post install : copy with KEXT WIZARD only this file in S\L\E ...... until you install this kext, you have to start with fake id ..... In the configplist, in Clover graphics section: select Patch Vbios and Intel inject ....

scherm11.png

scherm13.png

attachicon.gifAppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip With Kext Wizard in S\L\E ONLY this KEXT for active your VGA Arrandale in 10.13

attachicon.gifNullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip Only if you have CPU problems , copy in Clover Kext ... To cancel, if you want to manage PM with Clover

Once installed, you can enable PM management with Clover

scherm14.png

scherm15.png

Can you post your EFI folder?

Here you are.  
I tried once again with fakeid and inject intel. Black Screen.

HP Pavilion dv4-2160us - i5 430m - Intel HD Graphics (arrandale) - Running macOS Sierra 10.12.5

EFI Folder (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B06KxEq2CAR4V0xaakxEdDFKRUk)

Hi I am setting up your folder, I need DSDT extracted from Clover gui, F1 then F4, places here, I think I can help you, you have errors also in configplist

Not knowing your HW specifically, I have corrected 1 mistake in DSDT, renamed IGPU and USB, you do not need those patches in Clover now ........

I also set some kexts in Clover and corrected the configplist .....

Having no other data, I can not help it anymore .........

Translator use for write in English

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Hi I am setting up your folder, I need DSDT extracted from Clover gui, F1 then F4, places here, I think I can help you, you have errors also in configplist

Not knowing your HW specifically, I have corrected 1 mistake in DSDT, renamed IGPU and USB, you do not need those patches in Clover now ........

I also set some kexts in Clover and corrected the configplist .....

Having no other data, I can not help it anymore .........

Translator use for write in English

I really appreciate your kindness  :) . If you want to save your time... don't need to read the entire post.

* The only 'real issue' is to 'skip' the black screen during installation.

Non-patched DSDT and SSDT (origin): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B06KxEq2CAR4SllLeFBvTFJPOUE(Entire EFI folder you already have).

More HW specs.:

5 Series/3400 Series
Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X
Wifi: BCM 43225 14e4:4357
Lan: RTL8101E 10ec:8136

About DSDT.:

1. I should have done the GFX0 to IGPU long time ago. Thanks.
2. There is no need to use EHCx to EH0x (these patches was marked as disabled in config.plist [was just trash])

Patches applied on DSDT.:

- OS Check Fix (Windows 7) and IRQ Fix (without it USB won't work and i can't even boot installer from USB).

- 'Brightness fix' to make backlight wake after sleep.

- MironeAudio's patch for enabling audio from patched AppleHDA.

- _PWR method removed from USBs and Wifi (it was waking from sleep cause).

Kext.: 

- AppleALC partially works for me, i used its resource as reference for patching AppleHDA, with the last one, all inputs and output and noise reduction worked after some manually changes using codec dump and AppleALC resources as reference.

- There is no need for NullCPUPowerManagement. It works quietly stable without. I even have a SSDT for power management (Piker-Alpha). I haven't included because it causes issues during installation. I put it on EFI just after installing patched graphics kexts.

- No need for battery and brightness control since this laptop don't have battery.

PS.: I'm using Sierra 10.12.5 and everything works (except Card Reader and HP IR Remote Control [i really don't need it]).

PS2.: The translated english is pretty clear. I think the only language we have in common is english (you probably are native in Italian, me in Portuguese).

Thanks Baio77.

I really appreciate your kindness  :) . If you want to save your time... don't need to read the entire post.

* The only 'real issue' is to 'skip' the black screen during installation.

Non-patched DSDT and SSDT (origin): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B06KxEq2CAR4SllLeFBvTFJPOUE(Entire EFI folder you already have).

More HW specs.:

5 Series/3400 Series
Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X
Wifi: BCM 43225 14e4:4357
Lan: RTL8101E 10ec:8136

About DSDT.:

1. I should have done the GFX0 to IGPU long time ago. Thanks.
2. There is no need to use EHCx to EH0x (these patches was marked as disabled in config.plist [was just trash])

Patches applied on DSDT.:

- OS Check Fix (Windows 7) and IRQ Fix (without it USB won't work and i can't even boot installer from USB).

- 'Brightness fix' to make backlight wake after sleep.

- MironeAudio's patch for enabling audio from patched AppleHDA.

- _PWR method removed from USBs and Wifi (it was waking from sleep cause).

Kext.: 

- AppleALC partially works for me, i used its resource as reference for patching AppleHDA, with the last one, all inputs and output and noise reduction worked after some manually changes using codec dump and AppleALC resources as reference.

- There is no need for NullCPUPowerManagement. It works quietly stable without. I even have a SSDT for power management (Piker-Alpha). I haven't included because it causes issues during installation. I put it on EFI just after installing patched graphics kexts.

- No need for battery and brightness control since this laptop don't have battery.

PS.: I'm using Sierra 10.12.5 and everything works (except Card Reader and HP IR Remote Control [i really don't need it]).

PS2.: The translated english is pretty clear. I think the only language we have in common is english (you probably are native in Italian, me in Portuguese).

Thanks Baio77.

Whit clover configurator 

scherm17.png

if you install 10.13 use the driver apfs.efi in clover 

• Like 1

I've been fighting with 2 Toshiba laptops for a very long time to get full qe/ci acceleration. I made more progress than before, on one because all i could run on one was snow leopard 10.6.3 and that's without qe/ci. I managed to get El Capitan to install on it but still can't get full graphics acceleration and it would reach desktop and after a min or 2 it just kp and reboots.  The other one doesn't have full qe/ci also but doesn't reboot.

Specs:

Laptop 1: Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Intel Core i3 370M intel HD 1st Gen.

Laptop 2: Toshiba Satelite A505 Intel Core i3 m330 intel HD 1st Gen..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

I see that you have the same cpu as one of my Toshiba laptops which i've yet to be able to get full qe/ci on. Did you succeed with that? For batter percentage, i'd recommend you to use vietnam tool.  I used it and it worked for me on my Satelite A505 laptop.  I just need to get full graphics acceleration to work so i could pursue on the other fixes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, i need have El Capitan on Toshiba Portege..

I've been fighting with 2 Toshiba laptops for a very long time to get full qe/ci acceleration. I made more progress than before, on one because all i could run on one was snow leopard 10.6.3 and that's without qe/ci. I managed to get El Capitan to install on it but still can't get full graphics acceleration and it would reach desktop and after a min or 2 it just kp and reboots.  The other one doesn't have full qe/ci also but doesn't reboot.

Specs:

I see that you have the same cpu as one of my Toshiba laptops which i've yet to be able to get full qe/ci on. Did you succeed with that? For batter percentage, i'd recommend you to use vietnam tool.  I used it and it worked for me on my Satelite A505 laptop.  I just need to get full graphics acceleration to work so i could pursue on the other fixes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, i need have El Capitan on Toshiba Portege..

Hi, I can help you, but I have experience with 10.12 and 10.13 .....

If you want to try these MacOS ...

I can help you get to the desktop and activate the graphics....

Excuse my english, use google translator

• Like 1

Specs:

If u follow @GhostRaider guides on this topic carefully, I'm sure there's no problem at all  :)

• Like 1

Hi, I can help you, but I have experience with 10.12 and 10.13 .....

If you want to try these MacOS ...

I can help you get to the desktop and activate the graphics....

Excuse my english, use google translator

That'd be awesome. I'll try to get Sierra on on the Satelite A505 tonight and see how it goes.  Thanks in advance man.  

If u follow @GhostRaider guides on this topic carefully, I'm sure there's no problem at all  :)

I followed the guide to the best of my ability. 

That'd be awesome. I'll try to get Sierra on on the Satelite A505 tonight and see how it goes.  Thanks in advance man.  

I followed the guide to the best of my ability. 

The front-page guide should be updated for 10.12 and 10.13 ....

This seems to me to be deserved .....

When installing, remember the fake id 0x12345678, which is fundamental if you do not cancel anything .....

Good Hack  ;)

• Like 1

@GhostRaider, @giofrida, hi men! Maybe this time it is possible to shift all the patches to the universal Lilu plugin? With automatic detection and finding needed Symbols?

Who can do that? Link.

Maybe @lvs1974 or @vit9696 can help us?

• Like 1

@GhostRaider, @giofrida, hi men! Maybe this time it is possible to shift all the patches to the universal Lilu plugin? With automatic detection and finding needed Symbols?

Who can do that? Link.

Maybe @lvs1974 or @vit9696 can help us?

I've been having a small issues with Intel 1st gen since Sierra. The app Maps is unusable. Take a look at the mess:

https://ibb.co/hJBqfb

The alternative you're suggesting may work better... Am i right?

This is my first attempt at hackintosh.

Dell n5010 i3 350m 4GB

I initially tried all (Normal,Alter /2 etc ) but was getting all garbled images with or without Inject Intel

I then found out that el capitan's SIP might be restraining me from actually using the new FB patches, so I turned that off in clover configuration.

El Capitan won't boot at all on any "Normal" patch kext, Stuck at Apple loading screen, it doesnt even show the login window

I tried LW1-LW4 - I know the instructions says turn off inject Intel but I tried it "On" as well and no go.

I then tried using Alternative and was able to boot but I am only getting 1/4 the login screen and desktop -

Alternative LW1 was flickering and screen only shows 1/4 of my desktop/login screen and this is with or without Inject Intel

Alliterative LW2 was showing me only 1/4 of the desktop/login screen and this is without inject Intel

Alternative LW2 with Inject Intel is seems to have solved the problem somehow- QE/CI is on and HD graphics now shows 288MB instead of 4MB - the problem is the screen is shaking when I move the mouse pointer around the screen. Screen is also shaking like a madman when I tried switching to lower resolution.

is this normal? I can't seem to get it to booth at 288MB HD Graphics with QE and CI  without injecting Intel in Clover.

What are your thoughts?