HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

try after this description

http://iatkos.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23112&start=60

Re: iATKOS ML2 Success Feedbacks

Postby rumpumpel1 » 11 Feb 2013, 08:36
ML2 with Intel chipset H67

iATKOS ML2 can not handle the Intel SATA controller out of the box.
In order to make it work it needs a specific kext.
For a more detailed explanation see here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/ ... ot-device/

The short story is: you need to replace AHCIInjection.kext by
AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext (search on www.insanelymac.com).

The long story is: if you try to install iATKOS ML2 on a box based
on the H67 chipset, either the disk manager will not see your harddrive
at all, or you end up after booting for the first time with the well known
message "Still waiting for root device".

Here is a step-by-step description for beginners:
1. Put your BIOS into IDE mode (SATA=IDE).
Now the disk manager should see in any case all your harddrives.
2. Install iATKOS ML2 using the following options:
bootloader
bootloader options: graphics enabler, kernel cache, built-in ethernet, PCI Root-1, graphics resolution=www x hhh
patches: Disabler, EVOreboot, RTC patch, Mac model=MacBook PRO 8.1
driver: SATA=AHCI SATA, Audio, USB 3.0=P67/H67/Z68, graphics=HD3000, network cards
3. Put your BIOS into AHCI mode (SATA=AHCI).
4. Boot into safe mode (-x)
5. Install Kext Utility from here http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility
6. remove AHCIInjection.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
7. drag AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext onto Kext Utility and wait until
the Kex Utility has finished (takes some time, be patient)
8. reboot into normal mode and be happy.

Re: iATKOS ML2 Success Feedbacks

Postby FlyingTinOpener » 03 Mar 2013, 08:02
Just successfully installed iATKOS ML2 in a dualboot setup with Windows 8.

System Information:
- Core i7 2600K
- 16GB DDR3 1333MHz
- ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
- OCZ Vertex4 250GB SSD
- Samsung 7200RPM 500GB HDD
- Gigabyte nVidia GTX680 2GB
- Dual monitor setup

Bootable USB Prep:
I opted to run iATKOS ML2 on my VirtualBox first. In here, I prepared the bootable USB drive according to the standard iATKOS directions. It worked flawlessly. Probably the easiest way to install OS X strictly from Windows.

Pre-Installation BIOS Prep
The ASRock P67 has an UEFI bios, and a lot of guides out there specifically will tell you to put your SATA drives into AHCI mode. DO NOT FOLLOW THESE GUIDES. The AHCI mode is not only completely unnecessary but it just flat out doesn't work with Windows 8 without a whole lot of extra work. It's just not worth it. Keep everything in IDE mode. You can choose to install iATKOS with the Non-AHCI SATA package later to get around this issue. No additional preparation is necessary for the BIOS beyond this.

iATKOS Customization Menu:

Bootloader Options
        UseKernelCache=Yes
        Built-in Ethernet
        USB Fix (USBBusFix=Yes)
    Patches
        FakeSMC
        Disabler
        EvOreboot
        RTC Patch
    Drivers
        Main Hardware
            SATA/IDE
                AHCI SATA
                Non-AHCI SATA
                SSD Trim Support
            Sound (didn't work after installation)
            USB 3.0
                P67/H67/Z68
            Hardware Sensors (all)
        VGA
            nVidia
                nVidia's 10.8.2 drivers
        Network

After the installation, you have to set GraphicsEnabler=No on your first boot. Otherwise you'll get the blank screen problem.

Once booted in, everything except sound was working flawlessly. iATKOS Sound patch during installation doesn't install the correct kexts for the Realtek ALC892 on the ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard. In order to get these on manually, you have to download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 5.2.1 for Mountain Lion from tonymacx86. In [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], select the following packages:

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Packages:

Drivers & Bootloaders
        Drivers
            Audio
                Realtek ALC8xx
                    Without DSDT
                        ALC892
    Customization
        Boot Options
            GraphicsEnabler=No (you will get black screens on boot without this)
            UseKernelCache (if you've already enabled this before the installation, don't do it twice)
        SSDT Options
            Sandy Bridge Core i7 (allows OSX to use the CPU's Turbo Boost ability)

Run the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], restart the computer, and you should pretty quickly boot into a fully functional and flawless OS X Mountain Lion.

In my specific case, I also had a standard HDD formatted to NTSF that stored all my documents (no system files, no apps). I wanted this to be shared between my Windows and OSX installations. By default, OSX can only read NTSF but cannot write to it. To that end, you just need to download MacFUSE and NTFS-3g packages online. One restart later, you can mount the drive and use them natively.

Overall, I'm actually incredibly surprised how hassle-free this installation was. Almost everything worked straight out of the box, with the exception of sound which proved to be a very easy fix. Great job on the part of iATKOS team.

very good news, andy told me the following information:

if the controller has no AHCI support you can use an IDE style kext.
AppleNForceATA or AppleATIATA should work (sometimes needs edit of Info.plist)

should be such that the System does not boot, then enter your vendor ID and device ID

in the field IOPCIPrimaryMatch key> so that the controller is detected

Here are your hardware details according to your SystemInfo:

Device-ID 7804   vendor-ID 1022

this should work, then ask for feedback

good luck!

PS: Shanee, was right with the driver, I was a little blind

• Like 1

very good news, andy told me the following information:

if the controller has no AHCI support you can use an IDE style kext.

AppleNForceATA or AppleATIATA should work (sometimes needs edit of Info.plist)

should be such that the System does not boot, then enter your vendor ID and device ID

in the field <key> IOPCIPrimaryMatch </ key> so that the controller is detected

Here are your hardware details according to your SystemInfo:

Device-ID 7804   vendor-ID 1022

this should work, then ask for feedback

good luck!

PS: Shanee, was right with the driver, I was a little blind

Ok. I'll try this when I get home from work, thanks  :)

Make it a bit easier for you ;) Both SuperVIAATA and AppleATIATA edited with your device and vendor IDs. Use one a time and remember to use -f when booting.

attachicon.gifChipset Kexts.zip

but he has no via chipset!

this good, too but try first the suggestion of Andy, then edit info.plist, it should not work then 3rdparty....

:)

I have an old motherboard chipset Via S 939 does not work on OS X x86_64, I did not insist (trash)

Unfortunately this does not work on any hardware and not all the same. It would be very nice if that were the case but that's just a general problem or the intressante to hackintoshs to find ways to make it feasible. :drool:

Edited by spakk

yes but the Via chipset motherboards have more than 10 years, I think it's a waste of time, it must minium a motherboard socket AM2 for M and ML x86_64, whether nVidia chipset or chipset ATI, they work very well   :)

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

that would make me very interested but I will pursue the development of further :rofl:

Z77MX-QUO-AOS

$ 239

Only a limited number will be sold at this Special Price. [LAST DAY AT THIS PRICE]

PLEASE NOTE THE PRICE WILL GO UP AS WE CAN SELL ONLY A LIMITED QUANTITY AT THIS PRICE.

The Z77MX-QUO-AOS rev 1.0 motherboard is the only one in the industry with Firewire 400 and 800 (1394A and 1394B).  The motherboard features Intel certified Thunderbolt, Intel LAN for high demand network sharing, and compatible audio in an expandable microATX form factor.

Intel Core i7-3770K   $ 319,99

Product Description

PLEASE NOTE: 3-7 DAYS TO SHIP.

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)

The Intel Core i7-3770K packs four cores with Hyper-Threading technology and Turbo Boost 2.0 technology to deliver top-of-the-line performance that makes a difference you can see and feel in HD or 3D, multitasking or multimedia. Its unlocked multiplier allows you to freely adjust the frequency when used with compatible motherboard

:(but at the moment I can afford only the flyer to me , no money at the moment :(

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

There is a large difference Gils, watch video part 1 and part 2,

this is a development of projectQ based on Gigabyte Z77MX, see here  http://quocomputer.com/projectq/ 

no problem with the installation, connect the USB stick and to boot and install just like a real Mac

Software (drivers kexts) in UEFI, the boot an OS starts under 10 seconds and to run any OS

Part I

Part II

alternatively you can also install Osmosis on UEFI board, one arrives at the same result, but I have no idea, I'm going these days myself to inform with it

if someone has experience with Osmosis with Gigabyte GA 990 FXA UD3  can contact me. :)I'm not sure if that works with my Gigabyte GA 990 FXA UD3. ;)

Edited by spakk

boh !! j

j'en suis revenu d'intel , j'ai eu 4 configurations avec i7 875k / i3 2100/ i5 2400 et Xeon E31230 , c'est juste pour les benchs , en réalité , ce n'est pas très puissant surtout en multitâche , c'est vrai que c'est compatible OS X mais quand je m'attaquais à de l'encodage x264 , le PC se bloquait et je ne pouvais rien faire d'autre même pas sur internet   :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: , quand je travaille avec le FX 8350 , c'est autre chose , le PC supporte les lourdes tâches sans faiblir , il te permet de faire du gros travail en fond et de réaliser plein d'autre tâche sans mollir  , et comme la génération i7 37xx et i7 47xx suivent la même génération des CPU sandybridge , je ne pense pas que le i7 3770 soit une bonne solution , surtout au prix prohibitif que propose Intel . 

Pour la carte mère , je n'en doute pas que se soit un bon produit mais en matière de performance et de qualité , je préfère quand même mieux Asus . 

Et ne crois pas que ton Phenom x6 soit obsolète , j'ai eu l'occasion de le comparer en travail réel avec le 2500k de mon collègue , c'est à mourir de rire tellement le 2500k est faible comparer au Phenom  :lol:  :lol: et pourtant sur le papier Intel est plus puissant !!  

je suis AMD , j'ai testé Intel mais rien au monde je quitterais AMD   :)

boh ! j

I came back from intel, I had four configurations with i7 875K / i3 2100 / i5 2400 and Xeon E31230 , it's just for benchs , in reality, it is not very powerful especially in multitasking, it is true that it is OS X -compatible but when I was pushing to the x264 encoding , the PC crashed and I could not do anything even on the Internet: hysterical :: hysterical :: hysterical : when I work with the FX 8350 is something else, the PC support heavy tasks without flinching , it allows you to do the hard work in the background and perform lots of other task without relent , and as the i7 generation 37xx and 47xx i7 follow the same generation SandyBridge CPU , I do not think the i7 3770 is a good solution , especially at prohibitive prices offered by Intel .
For the motherboard, I have no doubt whatsoever but a good product in terms of performance and quality, I still prefer Asus better .

And do not think your Phenom x6 is obsolete, I had the opportunity to compare it with the real work of my colleague 2500k This is hilarious so the 2500k is low compared to Phenom : lol :: lol: and yet on the Intel paper is more powerful !

I'm AMD , Intel I tested but nothing in the world I would leave AMD :)

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: at least I have you now brought to laugh my friend, which is nice :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: it was just a vision, the moment I have no money for it. :drool: :drool: :drool:

:( :( :( This year, I'm begging poor :( :( :(

:w00t: :w00t: :drool: :drool: but the OSMOSIS variant can be interesting :w00t:  :w00t:  :drool:  :drool:  ....... but if not quite to the conclusion all the ass goes :rofl::(:blush::whistle:

@spakk , 

tu devrais supprimer tes posts hors sujet comme moi avant que le sujet soit fermé , la police n'est pas loin , pas moins de 3 maintenant  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

you should delete your posts booming like me before the subject is closed, the police is not far, not less than 3 now   :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Hey guys, i am having one problem, when i was installing Windows 8.1 on my pc, i have accidently install it in IDE Mode, so i want now to reinstall windows in AHCI mode, so i do not need every time when i am switching  os to switch mode.

BUT...The problem is when i try to boot install ( windows 8.1 ) its won't boot ( stuck on spinning wheel ), when i disconnect my 1st hdd ( CloverEFI+OS X ) its boot in to installation, but whit out it disconnected its stuck on boot animation ( spinning wheel ).

Is this because of boot loader on 1st partition or what?

follow this video contribution, then you can activate ahci mode on windows 8,  or I have interpreted your problem wrong?

in english:

in German:

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Make it a bit easier for you ;) Both SuperVIAATA and AppleATIATA edited with your device and vendor IDs. Use one a time and remember to use -f when booting.

attachicon.gifChipset Kexts.zip

but he has no via chipset!

this good, too but try first the suggestion of Andy, then edit info.plist, it should not work then 3rdparty....

First of all, Merry X-Mas!  :thumbsup_anim:

Second of all, no dice,  :(

I tried all 3 kexts, even after adding my device and vendor id to AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext. She's still not getting that hard drive.

It's all good though...great learning experience.

после обновления с 10,9 на 10,9,2 система работает очень медленно, из за чего это может быть? и как лечить? уже 3 разы заново устанавливал 10,9 и обновлял, но все заканчивается одинакова. система работает с сильными тормозами. 

after upgrading from 10.9 to 10,9,2 system works very slowly, because of what it can be? and how to treat? 3 times already reinstalled 10.9 and updated, but it all ends the same. system works with strong brakes.

successfully installed,

I am trying to help my friend get his Hackintosh set up but it keeps hitting this panic:

His specs are:

AMD A6-3670 (APU)

MSI A75A-G55

AMD Radeon HD 6530D

there must be someone with the same motherboard the same motherboard the same motherboard look at "working builds!" he have successfully installed,successfully installed mavericks, please search and contact the user

what are your configuration, with which tool do you have created the usb stick?
what boot flags you use? I can not everything see at the picture.
which kext driver (Chipset drivers ) do you used for mavericks 10.9?

Edited by spakk

Question. What are DSDTs for? And How do I make one? I had compiled one with DSDT editor but it just causes KPs.

Hi my friend see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288365-possible-to-modify-a-dsdtaml/ and here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286219-dsdt-files-of-working-systems/

spakk привет, после того как я запустил OSXUpdCombo10.9.2.pkg, я попытался скопировать AppleMatch.kext, System.kext, Sandbox.kext , но получил такое сообщение:

"Unapproved caller.

SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software"

Kext Utility не запускается, такое же сообщение появляется, как мне скопировать эти файлы?

spakk hi, after I started OSXUpdCombo10.9.2.pkg, I tried to copy AppleMatch.kextSystem.kextSandbox.kext, but got this message:

"Unapproved caller.

SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software "

Kext Utility does not start, the same message appears, how do I copy these files?

я делаю все как у вас, но после того как все обновления установились, и сообщение "перезагрузка" я должен скопировать нужные кексты в этот момент, а потом перезагрузться, но я не могу, при попытке их скопировать, появляется эту ошибка, так же кекст утилита не работает

I do everything as you, but after all the updates, and the message "reset" I have to copy the required kexts at this moment, and then reboots, but I can not, when you try to copy them, you receive this error, as well kext utility does not works

No, do not restart after the update immediately!!! you must not do so!!!! It is very important when you install programs or makes updates that change your system files !!!. restart always before you start  Kext Utility or Kext Wizard all drivers and cache and only if all permissions are repaired, then you may restart. The interene DISK UTILITY program is not suitable for hackintoshs!!