HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

give the number of cpu cores in this flag: cpus=1 or 2 or 4 or...

try to boot with: -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
or: -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
or: -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
or: -v -x -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=... GraphicsEnabler=No

Edited by spakk

give the number of cpu cores in this flag: cpus=1 or 2 or 4 or...

try to boot with: -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

or: -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

or: -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

or: -v -x -f cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=... GraphicsEnabler=No

Thanks. Tried that too, even threw in arch=x86_64 and -force64 just for kicks and giggles, no dice. :fiery:

But here's what I don't understand. The exact same installer created the exact same way, with Chameleon bootloader, no panics and straight to the installer. But with Clover bootloader it panics all day. :wallbash:  The only thing different is the bootloader, right? So there has to be something with Clover that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks. Tried that too, even threw in arch=x86_64 and -force64 just for kicks and giggles, no dice. :fiery:

But here's what I don't understand. The exact same installer created the exact same way, with Chameleon bootloader, no panics and straight to the installer. But with Clover bootloader it panics all day. :wallbash:  The only thing different is the bootloader, right? So there has to be something with Clover that I'm doing wrong.

why clover? If previously has everything works with chameleon. I have experimented a lot with clover but for me is chameleon, the best, for my hardware and also very easy to use.

very important experience that I have gathered so far, is it always to create one or two backup copies! :yes:

why clover? If previously has everything works with chameleon. I have experimented a lot with clover but for me is chameleon, the best, for my hardware and also very easy to use.

very important experience that I have gathered so far, is it always to create one or two backup copies! :yes:

I'm attempting to install Mavericks on a HP Pavilion G6 with an AMD APU. But thanks to the crappy InsydeH20 bios, there's no AHCI option. Also, with Chameleon it boots to the installer very fast (faster than my rig actually), but the hard drive isn't recognized. I've read that some people have gotten it to work without that setting by using Clover. Trust me, I'd be using Chameleon if I could, but I wanted to exhaust all options before giving up. If I can get it to the installer with Clover, and the hard drive still isn't recognized, then I'll give up on it.

I think there is another way how do you can boot without set AHCI in BIOS, but you have to set the HDD in BIOS to SATA

One version is a kext drivers and the others about the DSDT.aml, but I'm in bed, I'll look tomorrow and google.
 Or you use the google search engine

good night

• Like 1

I'm attempting to install Mavericks on a HP Pavilion G6 with an AMD APU. But thanks to the crappy InsydeH20 bios, there's no AHCI option. Also, with Chameleon it boots to the installer very fast (faster than my rig actually), but the hard drive isn't recognized. I've read that some people have gotten it to work without that setting by using Clover. Trust me, I'd be using Chameleon if I could, but I wanted to exhaust all options before giving up. If I can get it to the installer with Clover, and the hard drive still isn't recognized, then I'll give up on it.

Take a look here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288204-turn-off-your-discreet-ati-nvidia-card-in-locked-bios-insydeh20/

Its for more graphics options but may have AHCI option. I don't have the option on my locked BIOS but I still managed to install. Clover doesn't like my system so I use Chameleon. You should use Chameleon if it works. If I read it right you want to use Clover as the installer doesn't see your HDD? Its because you need a kext for your chipset. If I guesed the G6 model correctly you need SuperVIAATA.kext ;)

Take a look here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288204-turn-off-your-discreet-ati-nvidia-card-in-locked-bios-insydeh20/

Its for more graphics options but may have AHCI option. I don't have the option on my locked BIOS but I still managed to install. Clover doesn't like my system so I use Chameleon. You should use Chameleon if it works. If I read it right you want to use Clover as the installer doesn't see your HDD? Its because you need a kext for your chipset. If I guesed the G6 model correctly you need SuperVIAATA.kext ;)

That's correct, the installer doesn't see my hard drive, and I read that Clover fixes it.The full model is G6-1D98dX. This laptop doesn't have that nifty feature. I'll try Chameleon again and put that kext in. A quick search brought me to this one:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284751-superviaata-103-anv-for-mountain-lion/

Gonna see if the ML version works with Mavericks...

I could not sleep and I have followed your dialogue

first install SystemInfo on your main operating system, then launch the SystemInfo app tool,

then you make the evaluation as a picture and upload the photo in here,

then we can be sure which chipset is built into their hardware.

based on the specifications from the manufacturer I can anything recognize.

SystemInfo app tool
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2243-system-info/

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

Hmm I doubt its a NForce chipset but try this kext. If that doesn't work I will do a bit of research as thats the first time I've seen that happen.

attachicon.gifAppleNForceATA.kext.zip

Nope, still didn't work.

I could not sleep and I have followed your dialogue

first install it on your main operating system, SystemInfo app tool, then launch the app,

then you make the evaluation as a picture and upload the photo in here,

then we can be sure which chipset is built into their hardware.

based on the specifications from the manufacturer I can anything recognize.

SystemInfo app tool

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2243-system-info/

Ok, attached the screenshot, and here is a link with the full specs of this laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03349988

Also, don't lose sleep over this one. I have Mavericks on my rig, this is just icing on the cake. It would be nice if this could run Mavericks, but if not, it's cool. :lol:  Thanks again for helping me guys.

post-1162773-0-87591700-1387854067_thumb.jpg

can you make one look in their bios and check whether you can set RAID mode! please, if that's the case, then half the battle is won. :)

I see Hudson SATA Controller AHCI MODE, change settings in BIOS to RAID mode that will do you enable AHCI, then should work

Edited by spakk

Its an AMD chipset so in theory SuperVIAATA should have worked. Have you tried ML on it instead? You could try Clover again but an older version perhaps.

Same thing, HD not recognized w/ Chameleon, Clover instant panic. :(

can you make one look in their bios and check whether you can set RAID mode! please, if that's the case, then half the battle is won. :)

I see Hudson SATA Controller AHCI MODE, change settings in BIOS to RAID mode that will do you enable AHCI, then should work

No RAID settings in bios, thanks to crappy InsydeH20 bios  :(

You could try installing to the HDD via your Desktop. Maybe just some sort of glitch with the installer. Only other option I can think of would possibly be a DSDT to maybe fake your chipset I'm not sure.

I was thinking that too, the first thing I mean. I might get around to that tomorrow maybe, but like I said, if it won't run then its OK. I got my rig, and thanks to you guys its perfect. So we'll add this laptop to the incompatible list if there is one. HP never again.

downloade these two driver kexts and put in S/L/E, repair permissions than reboot your system

AHCIInjector.kext.zip   AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext.zip

Ok, I'll try that before I give up.  :)

EDIT: It won't let me download those

AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext.zip

AHCIInjector.kext.zip

downloade these two driver kexts and put in S/L/E, repair permissions than reboot your system
excuse me

what does the thing?

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext.zip

AHCIInjector.kext.zip

excuse me

what does the thing?

No, excuse ME, you're helping me out  :)

Still no dice. Boot took a lot longer than usual, but hard drive still isn't recognized  :(

That's OK, I appreciate your help guys. :lol:

we need to customize your controller DEV ID and Vendor ID in the field IOPCIPrimaryMatch key> so that the controller is detected