HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Hi,i have AMD computer,i trid so many time,but i don't know how to inster new AMD kernel. This is my PC spec: Motherboard:Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 CPU:AMD FX 8320 GPU:ATI 4550 SAPPHIRE EDITION ---- I will buy new onw MSI 7850 And what MAC OS i can be install on this coputer?

you have not really wanted and not looking enough , but here's an example on German OS X forum... but u can use google translator

http://www.root86.com/topic/6566-mavericks-amd-fx-8350-sabertooth-990fx-r20/

use myHack.app version 3.3.1 and thus make your USB stick, then add the kernel to the main directory and make a test

very important are the BIOS settings that you must make for OSX, otherwise OSX will not boot ..... use google search engine and use youtube, there are many video examples these will be help you.

good luck

boot with: npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=no -v -f

then make a picture and upload it here.

Hey Guys, I have a Turion 64 X2 TL-58, I tried to install OS X (and I got to the installer successfully) But! :

-When the install finishes, the progress bar gets full but nothing happens after that, only the message of "Install Completed" but no reboot button or anything, when I took a look at the log, I saw that it stuck on Time Laps summary .
-I force it to reboot anyway, and I copied the kernel I used from the installer to the OS X partition (I used Terminal from the installer) and even though I couldn't get to the Desktop, I kept the same Graphics parameters in Clover (I use clover cuz Chameleon didn't get me to the installer at all!)
-Used niresh but meh, it didn't work either LOL
-Graphic card is normally used on Mac Pro 3,1 (maybe) but it doesn't work, but I may have found what's missing in the kext (my ID is 9581 while on the Info.plist there are only 9588/83, I will try to either fakeID or add my ID)
-USB devices must be plugged before boot in order to work, and replugging it breaks the detection, it's a chipset problem I guess. (obviously works on Windows :P )

My Specs :
Asus A7K (laptop)
-AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58 (1.8 GHz X2)
-ATI Radeon (it's written but it isn't detected as Mobility! :o ) HD2600 XT (also used on a Mac Pro)
-Bootloader Clover EFI (r2850)
-kernel : mach_10.9_2_rc7_fixed By Bronya (I use the "_old"  kernel) and mach_10_9_4_rc3 (works too)
-kexts added :

• AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • RealtekRTL8100.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • RealtekRTL8111.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext System.kext
  • GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  • WifiInjector.kext
  • System.kext (taken from mach_10.9.4_rc3, I injected it in S/L/E, and I tried with and without it, it doesn't effect on anything)

Taken from Pokenguyen's guide.

if you need more info tell me :)

now I just want to know why it doesn't work after the install "somehow finishes".

Sounds like you're in front of a graphics support problem, not a kernel one. I would indeed try and patch the AMD kexts with the PCI ids of your HD 2600 XT GPU..

Bear in mind that your graphics card/chip does not support OpenCL: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5942

Yeah I was told that, so only QE may work, but that doesn't explain why the install doesn't really finish, does it?

• 2 weeks later...

I have now 10,9,1, I want to be updated on 10,9,5, tell me how to do it, which must be copied from kekstov 10,9,1? kernel 10.9.4_rc1_by Bronya

у меня сейчас 10,9,1, я хочу обновится на 10,9,5, подскажите как правильно это сделать, какие кексты надо скопировать из 10,9,1 ? ядро 10.9.4_rc1_by Bronya

Perhaps only kernel_rc1 .......or kernel rc1 and system.kext of Bronya. Since you need to test it.

I correctly install the updates? I have now 10,9,1 system if I did not updated system will not boot and will hang on the Sandbox, how to refresh what kekstov must be replaced, I tried to replace the kernel and System.kext, but the system is hung on the Sandbox.

как мне правильно установить обновления? у меня сейчас 10,9,1 система, если я обновлюсь то не система не загрузится и будет висеть на Sandbox , как правильно обновится, какие кексты надо заменить, я пробовал заменять ядро и System.kext, но система висела на Sandbox.

after you replaced the system.kext you need to repair the permissions and renew the cache . now you boot with: -x -f and the other bootflags

well i have booted with niresh distro to 10.9 all works fine, now I wish to update to 10.9.4 so how can I proceed and i feel mach_10_9_4_rc2 would be fine so please explain on how to update from 10.9 to 10.9.4

need proper explanation as when installing combo update 10.9.4 it ask to restart to install and after that it won't boot up so please elaborate how to proceed in details

config: x4 965, m4a88t-m, gt-620 asus 2gb,8gb ram 4x2

Easy and basic common sense:

1) copy latest Bronya's AMD kernel to Mav HDD's root and name it into something specific (for intance, 'mach_10.9.4_rc2')

2) update to 10.9.4 using Apple-Menu-Software Update or run combo update

3) reboot manually calling on 'mach_10.9.4_rc2' kernel with -f boot flag

4) once rebooted, backup vanilla kernel into 'vanilla_kernel', rename/copy Bronya's kernel to 'mach_kernel' and rebuild your cache

well its time to try i have already downloaded combo 10.9.4 so lets see how progree goes

wow it happened so easy man never thought it will boot so easy just followed your instruction and booted and it loaded rock solid system seems more stable now and fast response.

though some kext were broken but fixed it all as had a backup ready for those 

special credit to :tragediana150 for helping me out and guiding me all through the process

• Like 1

It's been a while since I last checked this forum.Last time I tried Bronya's RC7 10.9 kernel for mavericks 10.9 and I didn't get QE/CL acceleration on my A6 processor with 8400 Raedon APU.Has there been any progress on that?

Another n00b question , can I use Bronya's 10.9.4 amd kernel for Mavericks 10.9.0 ?

Edit1: I would really appreciate if some one could link the latest amd kernel for 10.9 , I am using Niresh Distro .

It's been a while since I last checked this forum.Last time I tried Bronya's RC7 10.9 kernel for mavericks 10.9 and I didn't get QE/CL acceleration on my A6 processor with 8400 Raedon APU.Has there been any progress on that?

Another n00b question , can I use Bronya's 10.9.4 amd kernel for Mavericks 10.9.0 ?

Edit1: I would really appreciate if some one could link the latest amd kernel for 10.9 , I am using Niresh Distro .

Just name the kernel something else and put it at the root of your hard drive, for example mach_kernel_10.9.4, then update to 10.9.4 and when you reboot type mach_kernel_10.9.4 as a boot flag. then after you have booted you can rename it back to mach_kernel (or whatever you prefer to have it named).

• Like 1

That's not what yask123 was asking. He asked if he could use 10.9.4 AMD kernel in 10.9.0? The answer is likely to be no. One may ask "why try such an odd thing?". In all likelyhood, it's going to end up in KP... It sure won't bring graphics acceleration to the 8400 APU.

However, if desperate for trying it out, it's just a matter of placing the 10.9.4 kernel at the HDD's root under a specific name and manually calling for it in the same manner as explained in post #2058 on the previous page.

The right thing to do is as Jamie suggests: use 10.9.4 AMD kernel on Mavericks 10.9.4. On OS X version n, one usually uses kernel version n-1/n-2/n-... not n+...

Thanks for responding..

I was able to boot to 10.9 with 10.9.4 RC7 Bronya's AMD kernel and the installation was perfect!

Now I am getting a good screen resolution ,But my graphic memory is being shown only 4mb.

I am not able to find any kext! for AMD Raedon 8400 [i am booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes]

I am getting screen flickering and all that..!

Would updating to 9.4  fix the graphics problem?

not graphics acceleration for HD 8400 / R3

Is it possible the update to 10.9.4 can fix that? I am  using latex Bronya's AMD kernel.

Internet speed is a bit slow , that's why I asked.

33mbsbb.jpg

This is what I get running syeteminfo app , can this help me fix graphics problem?

There are no AMD8000 kexts in 10.9.4 or earlier versions, so no likely support for your graphics chip, at least natively speaking. Can't say for 10.9.5, it's just freshly out and I have not update it. Yosemite 10.10 has AMD8000/AMD9000 kexts though...

This may sound stupid , but I can't use kext from Yosemite?

No other possible fix for this? Evrerything else is working great! , Awesome resolution ,Audio/wifi ! If only screen flickering could stop?

He [user : spakk] got it working :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/page-10?hl=%2Bapu&do=findComment&comment=2058854

Can it help me?

From Apple if you have a dev account or register for it.

I don't have the account , I can't find an apple webpage where such kexts are downloadable , I'll appreciate if you could download the kext for me , or link the page here :)

It's not stupid, it's a possibility if there are no kext dependancies to act as hurdles.

Re: Spakk, he did not say he got graphics to work with full graphics acceleration. In fact he did say in the end that he was looking for a cheap PCIe add-on card because integrated graphics were very lean...

I can live without full graphic acceleration , he at least got shared graphics memory of 512mb , I am dying with 4 mb here :(