Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

in BIOS, I can enable the first Virtualization item, but must disable the second item - VT-d (sorry i meant -d and not -x earlier). if i don't disable the 2nd item, i can't get into gfx. just hangs. Note: Regardless i am running VirtualBox and Fusion this way. 

Looks to all be working well, thanks again. Unfortunately I have the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 card in mine, which looks to be infamous for lacking drivers. Unless any of you have found a working solution outside of replacing it that is. Luckily, my old AWUS036NH usb card works with 10.9.

Still encountering one hindrance....... I am using tpfancontrol on Windows for my gaming sessions, works great. However, I'd like my fan control modules to be present in iStat instead of using the Thinkpad Blue Button. These modules are missing and I can't find them. Perhaps some DSDT edits? Need some input on what's missing.

P.S. I have a 2620m runs @ 40-45 *C idle, 90*+ during stress test. A little hot.... huh? Seen some people putting quad cores in t420 and runs as hot as my dual core.......

When I booting using clover, I'm presented with the OSX setup / install screen but the screen is split-up into 4. So on the laptop I have a tile effect of 2 repeated desktops on top and two on the bottom.

In the Clover Menu Options - Graphics Injector Menu 

When the GraphicsInjector [  ] is disabled then the Thinkpad will boot normally without the screen being split into 4. 

Can someone please advise on how to set the option - Graphics Injector to false permanently ?

use tluck pack with 1366x768

• ACPI.1366x768 folder - has dsdt.aml for low-res  LCD with DualLink=0 and no injected EDID
  • on your resolution  duallink=1 give you screen split into 4

@tluck thanks for the new pack :)

Hello!

Try to change your SMBios to the one of a MBP 8,2. Look in optinon of clover, SMBios, what clover is now recognizing. Perhaps you also need an other platform for your hd3000. You can try, to get your device bootable to temporary remove AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. Safest way is to make a temporary clone of your system, to get the needed edits and also a small Clover flash stick, for trying other configurations.

Have fun.

UPDATE: To my post above,

This problem was solved by deleting the already present ssdt.aml and creating a new one with the script in tluck's zip file.

@all, quad core tends to run ~5-10* Celcius hotter than the dual core. Reaches higher temps more quickly. However, with decent TIM, and laptop stand/cooler, it is perfectly fine. ~65-70*C during gaming.

Currently working on eGpu setup for windows, mac os x is next on the list.

@Cowboy Mike

- hard to say but it seems like FakeSMC did not load? something about duplicate. is this a fresh install or install onto of mavericks where there are kexts already in /S/L/E. clover with the HFS-plus driver should be able to detect if FakeSMC is there or not and load from ESP if not on the HD.

- can't tell from the image what happen or not earlier.

- i would NOT try don't boot without caches yet on yosemite - let yosemite rebuild them when up and running.

Note: netkas just updated his FakeSMC to 6.10.1323 (vs 1315) for yosemite. i have not updated the bundle yet.

• Like 1

you are welcome glas_guy.

i just upgraded to DP5 and all is still well. RehabMan provided a workaround/fix for the ACPI brightness problem. and Clover and FakeSMC are bumped up as well. will post a new bundle shortly.

• Like 1

@Cowboy Mike

- hard to say but it seems like FakeSMC did not load? something about duplicate. is this a fresh install or install onto of mavericks where there are kexts already in /S/L/E. clover with the HFS-plus driver should be able to detect if FakeSMC is there or not and load from ESP if not on the HD.

- can't tell from the image what happen or not earlier.

- i would NOT try don't boot without caches yet on yosemite - let yosemite rebuild them when up and running.

Note: netkas just updated his FakeSMC to 6.10.1323 (vs 1315) for yosemite. i have not updated the bundle yet.

I'll wait - everything works on the surfer's beach. I'll stay seaside then. Before moving into the mountains later this year ;)

When using the VoodooPS2Controller from your bundle, all of a sudden I have lost my trackpoint and trackpoint buttons. (Note that vanilla VoodooPS2Controller works.)

It hurts me because I use the trackpoint and its buttons more than the touchpad.

Where do I look to fix it?

Upd: never mind, got it back mysteriously after restart. However, it seems like I can lose it sporadically...

@juniorprofi

sorry, I don't know how to fix that easily. meaning getting the input control to limit input levels. 

but hmm, my recording using the mic is not distorted?

alternatives:

if you have a headset/mic like iPhone or blackberry etc that will work in the side port as a mic and may not be as distorted. 

i also have a usb camera with mic

or you could replace applehda with voodoohda to see how that works for you ( have not tried this myself)

Successfully did 1.46 Whitelist, had to disable security chip in UEFI BIOS.

Now, as a quick test, I did a kext mod for IO80211Family.kext, but setup utility in mavericks says connection failed. Detects wifi packets, just can't connect to my wpa2 network. Any dsdt or ssdt injection for t420?

Using AR9285.

any ideas @tluck and @rehabman?

Successfully did 1.46 Whitelist, had to disable security chip in UEFI BIOS.

Now, as a quick test, I did a kext mod for IO80211Family.kext, but setup utility in mavericks says connection failed. Detects wifi packets, just can't connect to my wpa2 network. Any dsdt or ssdt injection for t420?

Using AR9285.

any ideas @tluck and @rehabman?

Test hardware in Windows or Linux first.

No need to modify/replace/patch IO80211Family.kext or plugins. Just install an injector kext.

• Like 1