Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

@tluck Hello!

I installed on MacOs Sierra Thinkpad t420 with intel graphic and 1366 * 768. After load the GUI screen resolution is equal to its size. Dock for predeleami screen. Config used to 1366x768, 2 times checked.

ScreenShot

Prior to that, it was your assembly for mountain lion and there were 2 folders acpi Screenshot

Help please understand

@tluck Hello!

I installed on MacOs Sierra Thinkpad t420 with intel graphic and 1366 * 768. After load the GUI screen resolution is equal to its size. Dock for predeleami screen. Config used to 1366x768, 2 times checked.

ScreenShot

Prior to that, it was your assembly for mountain lion and there were 2 folders acpi Screenshot

Help please understand

Open Terminal via Spotlight search, type

sudo killall Dock

then type your password

@tluck,

First time setting up a system like this. I followed your guide the best I could, but I'm also working with a T420s. I seem to be up and running quite well. Sometimes the trackpoint won't work on a restart, but returns after another restart. My main issue is the audio doesn't work. I tried installing an old AppleHDA kext and it got my speaker and headphone working, but the volume seemed about half of what it should be, so I reverted to the kext in your installation package. Not really sure what to do.

@kanabiol - not sure what is going on with part of the display not on the LCD? did you try other resolutions?

@Subscryber - the did you install the kexts (AppleHDA_20672.kext) with the included script? and left /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext in place?

I'm trying to reinstall OS X but I can't get the resolution working right.

I have a 1920x1080 display but it seems that the files have been updated and 1080p no longer works with the 1366x768 plist with Duallink enabled.

Neither does the 1600x900 plist

Any ideas?

EDIT: FIXED

I used the 1366x768 plist

enabled Duallink (changed from 0 to 1)

and removed the <data>

<dict>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>

@kanabiol - ah yes - i see what is going on. sorry.

-- the EDID data is injected anyway - i will remove the EDID from the 1368 config.plist - i seem to recall this is a clover bug in some versions - meaning it will inject it even if Inject EDID = false.

ill redo the zip package shortly.

@gpspl - 

tell me more about AppleALC...

ASPM -- seems ok as is? shows true? - interesting on my t440 it shows false.

tluck@Toms-Mac ~
$ log show|grep ASPM
2016-11-23 11:02:39.370269-0500 0x530      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleLPC) AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM Support true
Edited by tluck

-- the EDID data is injected anyway - i will remove the EDID from the 1368 config.plist - i seem to recall this is a clover bug in some versions - meaning it will inject it even if Inject EDID = false.

@gpspl - 

tluck@Toms-Mac ~
$ log show|grep ASPM
2016-11-23 11:02:39.370269-0500 0x530      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (AppleLPC) AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM Support true

I have been working with the AppleALC creator to provide many patches for many codecs. If you want I can create a custom AppleALC ( unofficial support ) for this T420 and possibly the T460 too

• Like 1

@vusun123 - ok - sure.

i have 3 Lenovo ThinkPads now! - just got a T440s to replace my T420 - which i like way more than the T440. the audio on the T440 and T460 goes to sleep and its is garbled for 1/2 second until it wakes up... i use this pop thing to keep it awake but there must be a better way? it makes a really loud crunching on reboot.

T420 - Conexant 20672/20590

AppleHDA_20672.kext seems to work fine. 

Codec: Conexant CX20590
Vendor Id: 0x14f1506e
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa21ce

T440s - Realtek ALC292

so i created AppleHDA_ALC292.kext - which i was lucky to find shmilee's ALC3232 AppleHDA kext which works just fine. i compared the codec dumps and they are pretty much the same.

Codec: Realtek ALC3232
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0292
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa220c

T460 - Realtek ALC293

codec: Realtek ALC293
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0293
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa5053

@gpspl - 

tluck@Toms-Mac ~
$ log show|grep ASPM

Hello Friend,

I just upgraded to Sierra and everything seems fine except for the 1366 LCD ..... I can only see it through another connected monitor.

Lenovo T420, clover, Sierra.

The screen of the laptop is black and the brightness to the maximum. But the system is ok.

Can it be the config.plist ?? Or any idea ??

@Angelogtc - could be the EDID in config.plist - remove it. i just posted a new zip where i removed that mistake. 

I have replaced all EFI content and restarted. Still the same. Maybe I miss something.

I do not understand very well why but adding the ssdt has been fixed. Thank you.

@vusun123 - ok - sure.

i have 3 Lenovo ThinkPads now! - just got a T440s to replace my T420 - which i like way more than the T440. the audio on the T440 and T460 goes to sleep and its is garbled for 1/2 second until it wakes up... i use this pop thing to keep it awake but there must be a better way? it makes a really loud crunching on reboot.

T420 - Conexant 20672/20590

AppleHDA_20672.kext seems to work fine. 

Codec: Conexant CX20590
Vendor Id: 0x14f1506e
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa21ce
T440s - Realtek ALC292

so i created AppleHDA_ALC292.kext - which i was lucky to find shmilee's ALC3232 AppleHDA kext which works just fine. i compared the codec dumps and they are pretty much the same.

Codec: Realtek ALC3232
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0292
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa220c
T460 - Realtek ALC293

codec: Realtek ALC293
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0293
Subsystem Id: 0x17aa5053

I did make an AppleALC patch for Lenovo T440 a few months ago, base on the actual laptop's codec dump itself, works perfectly using layout 28. Give it a try. Remove all dummy kext and all kext to patch, keep vanilla AppleHDA and install AppleALC, use layout 28

• Like 1

I have replaced all EFI content and restarted. Still the same. Maybe I miss something.

I do not understand very well why but adding the ssdt has been fixed. Thank you.

With me on the new .zip everything works perfectly but does not work Caps lock (El Capitan 10.11.6) :( :( :(

@x4080 - yes - tap and drag is set by setting in prefs Accessibility/Mouse & TrackPad/TrackPad Options/ then check the box for enabling dragging.

you can change the speeds by editing the Plugin VoodooTrackPad.kext Info.plist.

i posted the code - my fork of user-sse2's fork of Rehabmans fork on http://github.com/tluck

• Like 1

I have a T520 with Intel HD3000 and Nvidia NVS4200M graphics cards.

The integrated HD3000 works perfectly with the files posted here.

The discrete card also works after disabling "Inject Intel" and enabling "Inject Nvidia" in Clover and changing SMBios to 10,1 (MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).

However I can't change the screen brightness. I get that this problem is related to some backlight kexts.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have a T520 with Intel HD3000 and Nvidia NVS4200M graphics cards.

The integrated HD3000 works perfectly with the files posted here.

The discrete card also works after disabling "Inject Intel" and enabling "Inject Nvidia" in Clover and changing SMBios to 10,1 (MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).

However I can't change the screen brightness. I get that this problem is related to some backlight kexts.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Look at the W520 DSDT files I posted a while back, there should be some info that might interest you

@x4080 - yes - tap and drag is set by setting in prefs Accessibility/Mouse & TrackPad/TrackPad Options/ then check the box for enabling dragging.

you can change the speeds by editing the Plugin VoodooTrackPad.kext Info.plist.

i posted the code - my fork of user-sse2's fork of Rehabmans fork on http://github.com/tluck

Thanks tluck, good help

I wondered if there's something essential with the usrsse2 version, since when I compile his version, keyboard and touchpad is not working, but when I use your kext it just works (I'm using xps 13)

Edit : Hmm, I tried your source it still cannot run, but I think Im getting somewhere, your kext size is 296kb, but if i compile it in xcode, only 81 kb, is there something I'm missing?

What I did :

- download your git zip

- extract

- double click the xcode project

- Cmd-B, and in the Products - VoodooPS2Controller.kext, open in finder and put it in S/L/E using KextUtility

Solved :

- Target in xcode must change to All/All Kext

BTW tluck, do you know how to enable 4finger gestures ? Now it resulting the same gestures as 3finger gestures

Edited by x4080