FileVault 2

vit9696
496 posts in this topic

:thumbsup_anim:  Great work everyone, many thanks I am excited to try it  :thumbsup_anim:

Can I please ask at what point of reboot is the password requested as I generally skip the Clover GUI (Login = 0 in Config.plist), would this be a problem?

I also use the Apple bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse and Trackpad which work fine both in the BIOS and Clover GUI as they connect with the Apple Broadcom Bluetooth would they be compatible?

The pw is requested by boot.efi, clover ui has nothing to do with it. You should choose the right boot entry at least once though.

(Boot macOS from Recovery HD)

As for your input devices that needs testing. I would say that they should work almost certainly though.

• Like 1

Thanks vit9696, it has been a while since FileVault was first tested with Clover (Back on ProjectOSX and it didn't work) so I will have to familiarise myself with the process again at the weekend when I get home.

Yes, it never worked before.

I just tested it. It works as described.

You should choose recovery HD on that drive to be able to boot, which make sense if you think how file vault works.

One minor issue is, I had to replug my usb keyboard to be able to type my password, even though I've booted via legacy clover, as described in recommendation. I'll try the AppleKeyAggregator from Apple Firmware, just for test (I mean who would use closed source programs and want to encrypt the drive with it or better decrypt with that?!).

Everything else is perfect. Thanks again to all who contributed...

Edit: I've tried the original AppleKeyMapAggregator from Apple firmware, even the AptioInputFix. Nothing changed though, I still have to replug my keyboard :(

Edit2: Just had the idea, locking from find my mac should theoretically work, right?

I'm using Intel+AMD (black screen during boot) solution for a working sleep. When I enable FV2 Will I have black screen while typing password ?

Yes, you will have black screen while typing password.

Moreover, there can be one caveat. I initially have two users on the screen and I have to choose one of them by mouse and only then type password.

But you can't use mouse on black screen.

I also using Intel+AMD for working sleep. And I have a monitor with two entry. First entry for Intel, second for AMD with a simple switch between two screens.

• Like 1

Does Clover now install all the files required in Drivers64UEFI meaning I just have to enable FileVault via System Preferences > Security and Privacy and reboot letting Clover do it's thing?

Files currently in Drivers64UEFI:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-30 at 05.19.07.png

No, UsbKbDxe or other special keyboard driver needed.

FV2 uses own keyboard interface and can't use UEFI BIOS keyboard driver.

• Like 1

How does it work with Bluetooth keyboards (for example Apple Magic Keyboard)?

You have to have AptioInputFix.efi present for Apple Bluetooth Keyboards to work, I just tested this (Not tested the alternative keyboard driver).

Once FV2 is enabled do you have to always boot from the "Boot macOS from Recovery HD" option that appears in the Clover menu?

Once FV2 is enabled do you have to always boot from the "Boot macOS from Recovery HD" option that appears in the Clover menu?

Yes.

EDIT: Do I see it wrong or is UsbKbDxe placed in drivers64 for legacy boot? What sense does that make? Just replace the TianoCore one in the DUET image, that will solve the issue of having to reconnect the keyboard on every boot...