ATI Graphic Issues on AMD ML Hackintosh Systems

AkimoA

193 posts in this topic

I was just wondering... Do the issues everyone's having with ATI graphics resemble the issues I sometimes have with this Intel Core i3-2350m, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and stock mach_kernel?

Pretty much like that on my machine too. The artifacts are a bit different, but the glitch itself seems to be same.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this, Instant Idiot!

I know it's an ATI topic, but those are exactly the same greenish glitches i have with my nVidia G210. The difference is that with my nVidia, the glitches cover the screen all over (not intended to rhyme) rendering the system unusable (sometimes, if i was using SL before starting ML, i get a pixel dump of my previous SL session mixed with the glitches).

Best regards!

Hmm, very interesting... With the Intel HD Graphics 3000, the little green squares are always present to some extent, but only rarely do they render the system unusable. It all depends on what happens when the login screen appears; if it's badly covered in artefacts, then I have to reboot to avoid total corruption, but if there are few or no artefacts, then it will be fine for the rest of that boot. There is absolutely no pattern, but the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from 10.7.0 works way better (higher percentage of usable boots) than the 10.7.5 one.

Hmm, very interesting... With the Intel HD Graphics 3000, the little green squares are always present to some extent, but only rarely do they render the system unusable. It all depends on what happens when the login screen appears; if it's badly covered in artefacts, then I have to reboot to avoid total corruption, but if there are few or no artefacts, then it will be fine for the rest of that boot. There is absolutely no pattern, but the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from 10.7.0 works way better (higher percentage of usable boots) than the 10.7.5 one.

There is a fix though...well "fix" it can help and does a great job, but sometimes it is still prevailent. You can find it in the Probook installer on t0nymaccc. I was thinking it might help you ATI kids, but I dont have ATI so I cant test.

After reading about 10.8.2 and the issues about glitches is not only thing that appears. There are 2 versions of osx 10.8.2 ..For some reasons the new macbook pro and mac mini are having also issues with it.

From not installing to video - output problems . The kernel is not the major problem ,it's stable enough to run for hours . I think there is a problem in the OS itself regarding to official macs who appears to have the same or simular problems . My guess is that it will be repaired in 10.8.3 .Or is that to simple ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm graphics issues for the FX as well. (10.8.2 / Sinetek test 1 Kernel / HD6570)

atm I replaced the HD6570 with some old HD4650 and the glitches appear to be gone, so OpenGL 3.3 seems to be less problematic...

I have not yet tried flash etc though.

btw:

Nice to see all the work that has been done on the AMD Kernel matter, during the last months.

Big respect to Sinetek, AnV and all others involved. :ihw_wow:

Actually I planned to stop spending time on this, but I could not resist to try the latest achievements. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is OpenGL. If you ati6000controller.kext used with AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext, AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle and AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle the graphics are bad but fast. If you ati6000controller.kext used without AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext, AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle and AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle the graphics are good but slow. The cause is AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

Sorry for my bad english it is translated

I made some small progress...

My HD6570 works on Mountain Lion without glitches using IOAccelator driver from Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

zq4ddqat95j1.png

This will need some more work, maybe we can patch the current drivers...

Amazing. Do you have proper acceleration and Core Image + Quartz Extreme?

Amazing. Do you have proper acceleration and Core Image + Quartz Extreme?

Well accerlation in general works - I can play Neverball etc. :D

But few core features appear to be problematic using the old driver as Dashboard isn't working properly. (I rather think this is a compatibility issue with the more recent Frameworks...)

I just tried with the 10.7.3 files. It is the latest official build that shipped with ATIRadeonX3000 instead of AMDRadeonAccelator.

But there seams to be no difference...

I made some small progress...

My HD6570 works on Mountain Lion without glitches using IOAccelator driver from Snow Leopard 10.6.8...

zq4ddqat95j1.png

This will need some more work, maybe we can patch the current drivers...

I also have a HDD with Snow Leopard, where can i find this file on the disk

On Lion 10.7.2 booting x86_64 installed with iAtkos L2, I have Full QE/CI and acceleration without glitches! Dashboard ripples, translucent menu bar, etc. Using Bronya kernel with arch=x86_64. in iAtkos customize menu, choose ATY_init and do not choose GraphicsEnabler. I'm not using any modified/patched kexts other than the ones I mentioned. Graphics card is Radeon HD 6570 - other 6xxx testers welcome. I will test 10.7.5 soon. When iAtkos ML2 is downloaded, I will test that as well.

UPDATE: After running 10.7.5 Combo Update and installing Bronya's updated kernel, my HD 6570 still runs perfectly in x86_64 :D

Screen_Shot_2013_02_22_at_11_23_20_AM.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've done an installation with Mountain Lion and amd_kernel. All is OK, but graphics crashes all time. Example:

Captura_de_pantalla_2013_03_01_a_la_s_13_33_11.png

this are my graphics information:

Captura_de_pantalla_2013_03_02_a_la_s_12_27_55.png

I have ATI HD 5850 1GB model and I have two monitors connected. I have not installed any adicional graphic kext.

I try different ati config framebuffer in bootloader (Hoolock, Uakari, Vervet,...) but is useles..

I used chameleon bootloader (With clover might work?)

The rest of the computer: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE, 12GB Ram and Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

Any idea?

Edited by Kikobeats

Hello,

I've done an installation with Mountain Lion and amd_kernel. All is OK, but graphics crashes all time. Example:

Captura_de_pantalla_2013_03_01_a_la_s_13_33_11.png

this are my graphics information:

Captura_de_pantalla_2013_03_02_a_la_s_12_27_55.png

I have ATI HD 5850 1GB model and I have two monitors connected. I have not installed any adicional graphic kext.

I try different ati config framebuffer in bootloader (Hoolock, Uakari, Vervet,...) but is useles..

I used chameleon bootloader (With clover might work?)

The rest of the computer: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE, 12GB Ram and Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

Any idea?

same problem... works perfectly without QE/CI but when i've enable it - same glitches

Now I don't have any graphic error, but don't have QE/CI

my graphics driver here

Edit update: I've been testing. The problem is the amd_kernel (check this). If you load ATI kexts without AMDRadeonAcelerator all is OK except QE/CI is disabled. If you add AMDRadeonAcelerator and edit it with you device ID the system starts to fail.

Edited by Kikobeats