Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music

yeah, should be this one, or? : http://www.insanelym...80#entry1876715

can you try if the above kernel works? maybe just comparing size is ok, too.

edit: ehm, sorry, i can look for myself. did it and can confirm this is sinetek's amd test1 kernel.

That is the same kernel ;)
When booting up my 10.8.2 today i found something strange.
My dock looked realy weird.
When taking a look at system info , i found this: My GPU wasn't detected as HD6770 anymore!
Right now it says HD5xxx series :'| I cant normally read any article on the internet!
It just glitches.

I really hope to fix this :0

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 212 posts
how unfortunate ;) ...sorry my sarcassm .......
:king:

lets all wait and see ....my guess strongens that it is AMD Accel related ......since 48XX seems to run perfect by reports of other users so far ??!!

just a quick question to a 48xx User

is AMDradeonAccelerator Kext loaded aswell on full QE CI ?

tx

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
yeah akimoa, i nearly thought the same.

the radeon hd 4x seems to work the best atm. hd 6x can work and hd 5x is a no go.

if you look into ATI4800Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and compare device strings, you can see that the hd4x series use ATIRadeonX2000 instead of AMDRadeonAccelerator. the thing is: what's the difference between those two? i think only apple or ati could tell us. maybe it's a bug? maybe accelerator uses some ssse3 strings.

is there a chance that a hd 5x could work as 4x? maybe we could try that ;)

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 212 posts

what's the difference between those two?

check the binary file ;) if i knew id tell ya i did all weird experiments X3000 .kext was what the AMD Accel is rite now roughly .... even going back to the stage before like to 10.7.5 when there was no Accel kext ...no chance

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
i did check the binary with otool ;) but as i'm not a programmer, this is mostly weird stuff for me ;)

anyways, since people report problems in lion, too i think apple started to move towards a new acceleratorsystem in lion. the thing is, did they introduce a software bug or is it some strange hardware behaviour that was uncovered with the new software design? what i don't understand is the fact, that sometimes it works for people and sometimes it don't. why? i mean hd 6x all use the same drivers and stuff, but there are certain people wo have no problems. that is why some "hardware bug" comes to mind. or do the radeon's in mac hardware have some special features that normal radeon's don't have?

@akimoa:

you had a little experiment with roms? maybe you could help. i thought i try to inject a rom from a hd4x card with nearly same specs. here is a site with nearly all radeon roms from different vendors. if you wan't to give it a go... ;)

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

wastez

wastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

i did check the binary with otool ;) but as i'm not a programmer, this is mostly weird stuff for me ;)

anyways, since people report problems in lion, too i think apple started to move towards a new acceleratorsystem in lion. the thing is, did they introduce a software bug or is it some strange hardware behaviour that was uncovered with the new software design? what i don't understand is the fact, that sometimes it works for people and sometimes it don't. why? i mean hd 6x all use the same drivers and stuff, but there are certain people wo have no problems. that is why some "hardware bug" comes to mind. or do the radeon's in mac hardware have some special features that normal radeon's don't have?

@akimoa:

you had a little experiment with roms? maybe you could help. i thought i try to inject a rom from a hd4x card with nearly same specs. here is a site with nearly all radeon roms from different vendors. if you wan't to give it a go... ;)

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

We tried all variants of roms. Akimoa and me injected it via the Bootloader.
Tried to use apple original rom of a 5770, modifing the speed of core and ram and disabling the Powermangement of the original one.
To disable the powermangement and also really helps and make it better but it´s also still not usable.
Reducing the speed also helps but i´m not sure if really the reduce made it better or if it also had something to do with the PM.

Greetz

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
@wastez:

wich bootloader did you use and how did you inject?

i'm with chameleon 2.2. tried useatirom=yes and placed the rom in /extra as vendorid_deviceid_subsysid.rom. the bootloader loads the rom but immediately halts the system. tried with the original rom from my card and it's the same...

so, am i missing something?

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 212 posts

wich bootloader did you use and how did you inject?

http://www.insanelym...20#entry1881519

u missed something ! yes :jester:

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
@akimoa:

d'oh :poster_oops:

wrong chameleon ;)

thank you :D

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I was just wondering... Do the issues everyone's having with ATI graphics resemble the issues I sometimes have with this Intel Core i3-2350m, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and stock mach_kernel?

Attached Files

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
yeah looks the same.
however those green distorted fields are blue at my pc.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

I was just wondering... Do the issues everyone's having with ATI graphics resemble the issues I sometimes have with this Intel Core i3-2350m, Intel HD Graphics 3000, and stock mach_kernel?

Pretty much like that on my machine too. The artifacts are a bit different, but the glitch itself seems to be same.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,807 posts
Thank you very much for this, Instant Idiot!

I know it's an ATI topic, but those are exactly the same greenish glitches i have with my nVidia G210. The difference is that with my nVidia, the glitches cover the screen all over (not intended to rhyme) rendering the system unusable (sometimes, if i was using SL before starting ML, i get a pixel dump of my previous SL session mixed with the glitches).

Best regards!

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hmm, very interesting... With the Intel HD Graphics 3000, the little green squares are always present to some extent, but only rarely do they render the system unusable. It all depends on what happens when the login screen appears; if it's badly covered in artefacts, then I have to reboot to avoid total corruption, but if there are few or no artefacts, then it will be fine for the rest of that boot. There is absolutely no pattern, but the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from 10.7.0 works way better (higher percentage of usable boots) than the 10.7.5 one.

byransays

byransays

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hmm, very interesting... With the Intel HD Graphics 3000, the little green squares are always present to some extent, but only rarely do they render the system unusable. It all depends on what happens when the login screen appears; if it's badly covered in artefacts, then I have to reboot to avoid total corruption, but if there are few or no artefacts, then it will be fine for the rest of that boot. There is absolutely no pattern, but the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from 10.7.0 works way better (higher percentage of usable boots) than the 10.7.5 one.

There is a fix though...well "fix" it can help and does a great job, but sometimes it is still prevailent. You can find it in the Probook installer on t0nymaccc. I was thinking it might help you ATI kids, but I dont have ATI so I cant test.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
You mean the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB? It has absolutely no effect against the green rectangles on my ProBook.

ZiggyW

ZiggyW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:World Peace and a working 64bits kernel osx10.8 for AMD
After reading about 10.8.2 and the issues about glitches is not only thing that appears. There are 2 versions of osx 10.8.2 ..For some reasons the new macbook pro and mac mini are having also issues with it.
From not installing to video - output problems . The kernel is not the major problem ,it's stable enough to run for hours . I think there is a problem in the OS itself regarding to official macs who appears to have the same or simular problems . My guess is that it will be repaired in 10.8.3 .Or is that to simple ?

rusetsky

rusetsky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Phenom x4 9550
Ati Radeon EAH4850 512Mb http://www.asus.com/...AH4850HTDI512M/ GE=Yes + http://www.osx86.net...in_lion_gm.html

When you open with a flash in Google Chrome I get the image distortion.
The game Counter Strike:Global Offensive no textures.

Vidio with my video bugs https://www.youtube....h?v=GHislELAUPk

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
So which AMD cards do not have distortion on 10.8.2?

rusetsky

rusetsky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

So which AMD cards do not have distortion on 10.8.2?

any does not work. it is a problem with opengl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy