Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Ok i thought that lion is working without problems on 10.7.4.

But there are also problems, for example flash is not working in chrome, it looks exactly like in ML. :(

It´s also not possible to connect via teamviewer to the lion system, the screen just stays black, what indicats that there is a problem with the graphics too.....

Because Firefox runs in 64-bit mode on default install and flash runs on 32-bit. Just make Firefox "Open in 32-bit mode" and flash will work without problems. ML is either a problem with the SSSE3 emu and/or Open GL drivers and/or the CPUID's need a patch.

Because Firefox runs in 64-bit mode on default install and flash runs on 32-bit. Just make Firefox "Open in 32-bit mode" and flash will work without problems. ML is either a problem with the SSSE3 emu and/or Open GL drivers and/or the CPUID's need a patch.

So having a SSSE3 compitable processor (fx), and andy's cpuid's patch, it should work ;)

I'm having a GPU problem. I flashed my hd6770 to hd5770 and it worked fine for a while.

But after a while my GPU had booting problems, sometimes it would boot after switching my pc on/off for 20 times.

However it doesn't boot anymore.

I really want to flash it back to a hd6770, but RBE can't do this! No device id for HD6770 :(

Hi Andy, Hi Sinetek please help!!

We need very urgent help in troubleshooting with the problem with opemu Panic Error! as long as the problem is not resolved, the system will remain unstable.

I use the last amd_kernel by Andy.

If you can without it giving a KP open Console and find the log from any of the apps that caused the KP and post it to PasteBin then here

Hi IiTz ShAnE,

sorry I failed to read your message, I'm going tomorrow to provoke the crash and post the log under PasteBin. thank you

Edited by spakk

Spakk, did you get QE/CI with your GPU (even with all instability, KPs and etc) after applying the Anv patcher utility? Or are you yet having to use safe mode/disabed kexts?

Best regards!

Hi theconnatic,

I have done differently, I connected my Mountain Lion-USB HDD on my laptop with Mountain Lion and have started the AutoAPBDecrypt 1.1 .There are found about seven binaries than i've put these manually into the right place.

Then I removed all the graphics drivers from s / l / e and installed only the Geforce Nvidia graphics drivers from 10.8.3, since the system is running very fast, but in between come the sh_it problems with opemu kernel crashs.

The graphics card is running without QE / CI, but it is fully recognized that is the 3 gigabytes of RAM is displayed under System Information, and the graphics are brilliant.

I booted with boot flag: npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -f (not in safe mode!) :king:

I am now going to revise my dsdt, I'll report back after the test myself and inform you about the running, if my graphics card will run with QE / CI or not. :moil:

I tried spakks method,too! ( with his help, thanks again ;) )

AutoAPBDecrypt didn´t find 7 but 6 binaries in my system, so I used the 7th from spakks upload in another thread!

It works really good on my system, as I am using a FX I don´t get any KP´s! I tested it two days about 3 hours without a single KP!

The only issue besides no QE/CI is my network hangs from time to time but this happens under every version of OSX so its not 10.8 related!

I tried spakks method,too! ( with his help, thanks again ;) )

AutoAPBDecrypt didn´t find 7 but 6 binaries in my system, so I used the 7th from spakks upload in another thread!

It works really good on my system, as I am using a FX I don´t get any KP´s! I tested it two days about 3 hours without a single KP!

The only issue besides no QE/CI is my network hangs from time to time but this happens under every version of OSX so its not 10.8 related!

try adjust your AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext with your vendor and device ID, maby then the graphics card should work with QE/CI???

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowermanagment.kext/contents/info.plist

put the Info.plist on the desktop and open it with the editor and search for "imac12, 2", then edit the graphics card VendorID and DeviceID. In my case, for the GTX550 TI is the Vendor ID => 10de and Device ID => 1244, i have smbios for imac12,2 on my Extra folder

iMac12,2

Vendor10deDevice1244

I tested both AppleGraphicsPowermanagment.kext and AppleLPC.kext!

The system still boots but without qe/ci ! Systeminfo says gtx660 0mb !

Maybe it has to do with my graphicscard, which is not native as far as i know?!

Which bootloader do you use?

Try Clover...

V

I tested both AppleGraphicsPowermanagment.kext and AppleLPC.kext!

The system still boots but without qe/ci ! Systeminfo says gtx660 0mb !

Maybe it has to do with my graphicscard, which is not native as far as i know?!

I am searching for the binaries which I promised you, and send it to you to possibly helps you. I do not know,

I am using clover 1050!

Odd... I suppose you'll need a DSDT edit to make it work.

I have the chameleon final version with these modules:

Keylayout.dylib

klibc.dylib

Resolution.dylib

Sata.dylib

uClibcxx.dylib

here is my Extra folder

here are some pictures, how can I test QE / CI?

Hi Admin:

sorry, I'm stupid, posted on the wrong side! please move to AMD Nvidia!

thx

Ohne Titel.tiff

OpenCL.tiff

pic1.tiff

pic2.tiff

pic3.tiff

pic4.tiff

Systeminfo1.tiff

SystemInfo2.tiff

SystemInfo3.tiff

Edited by spakk

Hey!

I successfully patched my dsdt - now the Graphicscard is shown correctly!

But still no luck with qe/ci !

@spakk: Do I need to install anything more to get qe/ci maybe the cuda drivers ?

I did exactly what you told me and nothing else!

I attached some screens and my system logs!

allmessages.rtf

Ohne Titel.tiff

Ohne Titel2.tiff

system.rtf

here the complete folder with all the binaries found.

as has already been written, were found in my system overall seven binaries, you need move manually the missing Biniaries into the correct files. but I'm not conclusive whether this will help you further.

would anyone want for more binaries, then load up here! please

EM64T is in Pentium4 6xx models, Pentium4 5x1 models and Celeron 3x1 and 3x6 models.

They are still quite common and widely used processors.

Many of us still have Pentium D series 64-bit processor, which has Intel EM64T too but only SSE3.

SSSE3 in Core2Duo has only 4 multimedia orders more. It would be really nice thing to give the

working legacy_kernel for this useful Pentium D processor.

Fortunately 10.6.8 works well with some 10.6.7 kexts and voodooHDA 2.7.4 , but working Lion

or Mountain Lion would be definitely nice.

This Kernel works also on Pentium D CPUs :.-)

Mine is 930 with 3 Ghz.

Work fine!!!