Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

I actually removed my DsdtFixMask and ended up patching my DSDT with the same fixes.

It works just the same.

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant....

The changes had no effect or fixed your issues???

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant....

The changes had no effect or fixed your issues???

Yes everything is working, just like a real Mac. I'm using only 3 extra extension FakeSMC, patched AppleHDA, and Realtek Ethernet driver.

What I ment to say, that I removed my Dsdtfixmask and patched my DSDT with the same fixes my fixMask had.

The only problem I'm having is when using Bluetooth devices my hack will restart on wake because of a KP. This is an issue effecting allot of real Mac users at the moment. After we discussed my problems the other day, I though this issue was fixed, but it started occurring about 3-4 days later. I really don't think my kp/restart is related to clover. I can upload my Darwin dump if you want to look at it.

Reguagless of the DSDT I still have issue with my mouse in UEFI main menu, but this is not a concern of mine all.

Before fixing my DSDT I had dead USB ports on wake, and wake on LAN issue.

-mrengles

Yes everything is working, just like a real Mac. I'm using only 3 extra extension FakeSMC, patched AppleHDA, and Realtek Ethernet driver.

Nice...

Maybe with 10.8.3 update this bluetooth issue can be fixed...

The first OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in post #604 is from r806.

Well, I do not know what could make a difference. The only change in the code of AptioFix from r806 till now is just pausing 1 second instead of 10 seconds if error in exiting boot services occurs. Apart from that, possible changes are:

- changes in edk libraries that this driver uses

- changes in compiler

Is this behaviour with that AptioFix constant? Does it solve the issue for anybody else?

Can we use it to patch info.plist to add missing ids or is it just binary patching ?

Just binary patching.

So,

1. if you stop Clover from injecting USB device values with USBInjection=No, then you are missing some USB device values that would allow you to wake with USB mouse/keyboard

2. but if you let Clover to inject USB device values, then Clover injects values which are not good for your system

This sounds like you need to inject USB stuff, but a bit different then Clover is doing by default. You can check what Clover is injecting by using DarwinDumper to dump "Device Properties". And you can inject your own values to USB devices in DSDT.

Yes, mouse does not work in UEFI boot here also. It's not related to AptioFix. It's just that mouse driver built inside our UEFI does not behave as it should (as specified by UEFI spec), and Clover does not get proper movement values from it.

Yah, you were spot on with this post... w/ DSDT fixed or by just using StringInjector w/ device properties from Chameleon I no longer get that consistent reboot 30 seconds after sleep.

I have one other issue, which is that the bootloader never shows my volume names for boot drives when booting through UEFI (this was never a problem w/ Boot0 booting). just the icon and "booting mac osx from _______" Any idea what that might be about?

Edit: Nevermind, I was using old HFSPlus driver, I get Volume names now :)

Can someone explain to me how I'm booting OS X 10.8.2 (Not the Installer) with an iMac13,1 SMBios WITHOUT FakeSMC?

I just did a fresh install using the installESD.dmg restoring method and that is it. Install 3 updates from App Store, Safari, iTunes 11, and the special OS X update for the new ivy bridge desktops.

I haven't installed Any hackintosh extensions yet. I only have FakeSMC in my /EFI/kexts/10.8 but haven't used boot without kernelcache and withkexts, and my boot-ags only have slide=0

my smbios info in not just the product name but real information extracted from a iMac13,1 so About this Mac is showing the proper info.

Any ideas how I'm booting without using FakeSMC.kext?

Again again chinatown

http://www.tonymacx8...html#post505419

is trying to steal the work of slice and friends ... stop this man ... and 'a swindler

Love the comments there - sadly TMx86 is not the hackers greatest friend, proven time and time again.

They have managed to become popular only as it suits those who are unwilling and/or unable to figure things out for themselves. It is very sad that there are so many instances where well meaning people who share their sucesses are ripped off and loose interest, because of the greed exhibited by "the few"...

Clover has to be protected at all costs and not be debased....

• Like 1

I only have FakeSMC in my /EFI/kexts/10.8 but haven't used boot without kernelcache and withkexts, and my boot-ags only have slide=0

From the little I know it is using the one /EFI/Kexts/10.8, thats how its working for me currently too.

Exactly. If you have kexts in /EFI/Kexts/10.8, then Clover will inject them by default, no extra parameters needed. It can inject into kernelcache also - it does this by patching loaded kernelcache on the fly (made by FrodoKenny). You can kextstat | grep -i FakeSMC in Terminal to check if it is loaded.

Another way of injecting kexts from /EFI/kexts is by using FSInject.efi driver and specifying WithKexts option in boot-args or selecting "Boot Mac OS X with extra kexts (skips cache)" in volume boot options in GUI. This one then blocks loading of kernelcache and forces boot.efi to load mach_kernel and drivers separately. It then injects kexts on a filesystem level, making boot.efi to see our kexts from /EFI/kexts/xxx like being in /S/L/E. This also means that this kind of injection can not boot InstallESD.dmg unmodified installer (starts with kernel cache only).

About /EFI/kexts/xxx:

- xxx can be OSX version like 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 - Clover will inject kexts from that subfolder for particular OSX version

- if there is no subfolder with the name equal to booted OSX version, then Clover will use /EFI/kexts/Other folder (if exists)

- meaning: having, for example, FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/kexts/Other and not having /EFI/kexts/<version> subfolders will result in injecting FakeSMC.kext from /EFI/kexts/Other for all OSX versions

• Like 3

So it appears now that I have Clover booting UEFI from my SSD, I get this message after booting my OSX Partition.

ExitBootServices() = Status Invalid Parameter

MapKey = 3B4B. LastMapKey = 3B4B

This is an error and should be resolved

For Now, we will force ExitBootServices() once again yadda yadda

It still boots into ML though and everything appears to be fine, just not sure what this means or what to do about it. It doesn't happen when booting UEFI from thumb drive, and it doesn't happen first boot after putting clover in my EFI partition on SSD, only all the successive ones thereafter.

Anyone have an explanation?

So it appears now that I have Clover booting UEFI from my SSD, I get this message after booting my OSX Partition.

ExitBootServices() = Status Invalid Parameter

MapKey = 3B4B. LastMapKey = 3B4B

This is an error and should be resolved

For Now, we will force ExitBootServices() once again yadda yadda

It still boots into ML though and everything appears to be fine, just not sure what this means or what to do about it. It doesn't happen when booting UEFI from thumb drive, and it doesn't happen first boot after putting clover in my EFI partition on SSD, only all the successive ones thereafter.

Anyone have an explanation?

It may be somewhere here

for (Link = gMemoryMap.ForwardLink; Link != &gMemoryMap; Link = Link->ForwardLink) {
  Entry = CR(Link, MEMORY_MAP, Link, MEMORY_MAP_SIGNATURE);
  if ((Entry->Attribute & EFI_MEMORY_RUNTIME) != 0) {
    if (Entry->Type == EfiACPIReclaimMemory || Entry->Type == EfiACPIMemoryNVS) {
	  DEBUG((DEBUG_ERROR | DEBUG_PAGE, "ExitBootServices: ACPI memory entry has RUNTIME attribute set.\n"));
	  Status =  EFI_INVALID_PARAMETER;
	  goto Done;
    }
    if ((Entry->Start & (EFI_ACPI_RUNTIME_PAGE_ALLOCATION_ALIGNMENT - 1)) != 0) {
	  DEBUG((DEBUG_ERROR | DEBUG_PAGE, "ExitBootServices: A RUNTIME memory entry is not on a proper alignment.\n"));
	  goto Done;
    }
    if (((Entry->End + 1) & (EFI_ACPI_RUNTIME_PAGE_ALLOCATION_ALIGNMENT - 1)) != 0) {
	  DEBUG((DEBUG_ERROR | DEBUG_PAGE, "ExitBootServices: A RUNTIME memory entry is not on a proper alignment.\n"));
	  goto Done;
    }
  }
   }

We can't debug at this place because these codes from UEFI ROM.

Small inconsistencies still there.

Missing files:

I already tried to address boot inconsistencies when multiple volumes including each a instance of Clover bootloader are connected during boot. When the internal disk is booted by BIOS and no other volumes are connected it works fine, but it cannot find its dsdt.aml anymore when multiple volumes are connected (which also including Clover/refit)since it looks for the dsdt.aml on the other volumes even though BIOS still boots the same disk first? Still not anyone that can verify this bug?

Extra/Extensions:

Clover 905 also boots /Extra/Extensions/ folder made by chimera, can anyone verify that? When "WithKexts" is used in clover and a local /Extra/Extensions folder is available like done by the Chimera installer. Id like to have two instances of bootloaders on one Volume for trouble shooting / external legacy BIOS boot, but I would like them not to conflict.

My to earlier posts also try to adress the inconsistencies noted by changing themes/icons/config files.

nVidia Card list update:

nvidia.c.zip

@Slice or other committer

Please take a look at line 3411 to 3417

is an exeptions for a single card model based on a specific subid

No idea if the vram is propely recognized in Clover for that card... if not... the case and if do the job

Fabio

nVidia Card list update:

nvidia.c.zip

@Slice or other committer

Please take a look at line 3411 to 3417

is an exeptions for a single card model based on a specific subid

No idea if the vram is propely recognized in Clover for that card... if not... the case and if do the job

Fabio

Ma quindi sei riuscito a far funzionare la Nvidia GT 540M e la 630M ?

Small inconsistencies still there.

Missing files:

I already tried to address boot inconsistencies when multiple volumes including each a instance of Clover bootloader are connected during boot. When the internal disk is booted by BIOS and no other volumes are connected it works fine, but it cannot find its dsdt.aml anymore when multiple volumes are connected (which also including Clover/refit)since it looks for the dsdt.aml on the other volumes even though BIOS still boots the same disk first? Still not anyone that can verify this bug?

You mean you've installed Clover on all volumes ? Why would you do that ? I just need one installation on one HDD (EFI partition). From there i can boot all OSX no matter where they're installed and have

no problems

Extra/Extensions:

Clover 905 also boots /Extra/Extensions/ folder made by chimera, can anyone verify that? When "WithKexts" is used in clover and a local /Extra/Extensions folder is available like done by the Chimera installer. Id like to have two instances of bootloaders on one Volume for trouble shooting / external legacy BIOS boot, but I would like them not to conflict.

Can't talk about Chimera here, but i have chameleon boot file + Extra folder on the same EFI partition like Clover, with other kexts aswell, but they never get loaded from Clover...

Edit:

Could one of the devs please explain the following & how i can get rid of it

Right before GUI enteres i get a message printed on screen ( ~ 2s ) saying...

ASSERT /usr/local/UDK2010/MyWorkSpace/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/String.c(166): String != ((void *) 0)

Can someone explain to me how I'm booting OS X 10.8.2 (Not the Installer) with an iMac13,1 SMBios WITHOUT FakeSMC?

I just did a fresh install using the installESD.dmg restoring method and that is it. Install 3 updates from App Store, Safari, iTunes 11, and the special OS X update for the new ivy bridge desktops.

I haven't installed Any hackintosh extensions yet. I only have FakeSMC in my /EFI/kexts/10.8 but haven't used boot without kernelcache and withkexts, and my boot-ags only have slide=0

my smbios info in not just the product name but real information extracted from a iMac13,1 so About this Mac is showing the proper info.

Would you mind sharing your imac13,1 smbios i just upgraded my hack to ivy and it would be very handy thank you

Hi, creators!

Clover EFI Bootloader is beautiful.

Moments ago, I built v2_rL917.pkg using CloverGrowerV4.8, another wonderful program.

Getting more and more beautiful day after day!

Thank everyone for these nice programs.

I'd like to report one minor issue regarding installation.

In UEFI installation, I choose 3 drivers for 64UEFI, but the installer puts all efi drivers to the target folder.

So I have to delete the drivers like *Dxe-64.efi and OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi, because I can't boot with them.

(My system is Giga z68mx-ud2h-B3(U1c efi bios), i7-2600, and GTX460)

At first - it's several days ago-, I had very hard time in making Clover work because of that problem.

After several trial and errors, I found that those drivers were automatically installed and they blocked booting.

Today, as usual, I had to delete them again.

(Then, I thought this can be a real headache to the first-time users of Clover like me.)

My expectation is it will be tackled at some point of time, but at the moment would there be any room to improve it?

Thank you very much.

Here I have a 13.2 smbios.plist.

Plus an iMac 13.2 config.plist for Clover.

If you can, please let me know the results.

https://www.evernote...aa0839d1bac9e4c

thanks for your help but this does not seems to be a real smbios extracted from an imac13,2 probably built from info gathered around the web and in AGPM unless you tell me that its the real deal i won't risk it

thanks for your help but this does not seems to be a real smbios extracted from an imac13,2 probably built from info gathered around the web and in AGPM unless you tell me that its the real deal i won't risk it

No, it's not a real SMbios from an iMac 13.2.

I gathered some info from the web. But when I use it, my system shows some difference, that is, quicker responses.

I guess I misunderstood your request, sorry.