Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

I am struggling with sound using Clover. I have attached my patched DSDT and config.plist. I have a GA-Z68Ap-D3 (rev.2) board running UEFI dual Bios. I can get sound to work but it is very choppy and static. Whether I use the on-board ALC889, a sound blaster USB or the HDMI the sound comes back as static and choppy. I have used un-patched AppleHDA, patched for DSDT and HDAEnabelr nothing seems to work. I have tried both MacPro3,1 and iMac12,1 SMBIOS to no avail. The sound works fine with Chameleon and Chimera - but my GeekBench is through the roof with Clover and I know it's the best bootloader to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First,

<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
	  <string>No</string>
	  <key>GenerateCStates</key>
	  <string>Yes</string>
	  <key>GeneratePStates</key>
	  <string>Yes</string>

if you generated P and C - states then you created new SSDT so you must drop OEM one.

Second

Sound problems usually means wrong frequency

<key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
	  <string>4600</string>
	  <key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
	  <string>166660</string>

I think your CPU has no 4600MHz

By the way, a question for Clover developer team and anyone savvy:

There's a lot of advertising about the main advantages of boot from UEFI (booting in less time and your boot loader surviving any OSX update - well, most of time). I can confirm at least the speedy boot advantage, and the boot loader invulnerability is quite unlikely for my system, since i have to use Aptio drivers. But the question is about a unadvertised but possibly existing advantage: will UEFI Clover be able to use OSX's SMC goodies, like in-os fan control etc., by allowing it to communicate directly with the motherboard's UEFI firmware, just like in a real Mac?

Best regards!

This is the question that discussed again and again. Don't know where it should be placed for all to be seen.

NO. SMC is not firmware, it is device that is present on real Mac and absent on Hackintosh.

FakeSMC is obligatory no matter what bootloader can you create.

• Like 1

if you can get to this stage it will give you a boot menu, you just have to be patient... and I mean very patient, I had a machine I had to wait 20 minutes for it to ID all the drives and other devices in before it gave me the screen asking what boot device to boot from. when the _ cursor is in the corner it is re-identifying all your hardware for the EFI boot loader. after the initial ID stage it can take 2-5 minutes to give you a menu then your set and the machine should load or you need to adjust settings in the Clover options then load. the first few times it's a case of get some coffee or beer and relax, you will be there a long while depending on the board.

HBP

hey, I waited for 30 and still nothing but I left it on. I'll report later. It makes sense since I have so many drives and partitions to be read.

Edit:

Nope, still only the cursor 8h later

Edited by brlock

This is the question that discussed again and again. Don't know where it should be placed for all to be seen.

NO. SMC is not firmware, it is device that is present on real Mac and absent on Hackintosh.

FakeSMC is obligatory no matter what bootloader can you create.

Thank you, Slice, and i indeed have a suggestion for this question not being asked again: put this explanation at the Clover instructions topic.

Best regards!

P.S.: FakeSMC is not obligatory if you use this tool: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=117734

Try it!, and don't forget to thank Andy Vandjick, its author, if it works for you.

Thank you, Slice, and i indeed have a suggestion for this question not being asked again: put this explanation at the Clover instructions topic.

Best regards!

P.S.: FakeSMC is not obligatory if you use this tool: http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=117734

Try it!, and don't forget to thank Andy Vandjick, its author, if it works for you.

HI slice can u plz check this thread and see what they do.

As i see this decrypter can be build in kernel.

Maybe u can make clover to patch kernel with that decryptor soo we dont need to use fake smc ?

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'd like to share how to patch AppleUSBXHCI with Clover in order to enable all third party USB3.0 chipests.

The following patches are all credited to Zenith432. If he didn't do this hard work, we won't have a chance to use third party USB3.0 chipests with the native USB3.0 driver.

Add these codes into config.plist, then you won't need to patch it again after OSX gets update:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<dict>
<key>0</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>dVs=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>61s=</data>
</dict>
<key>1</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>Zj0AAQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>Zj0AAA==</data>
</dict>
<key>2</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gUkIAABAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gUkIAAAAAA==</data>
</dict>
<key>3</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QcdEJAgAAEAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QcdEJAgAAAAA</data>
</dict>
<key>4</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QcdGCAAAQAA=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QcdGCAAAAAA=</data>
</dict>
<key>5</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>xoDIAAAAAQ==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>xoDIAAAAAA==</data>
</dict>
<key>6</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<data>dSZIi7voAQAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>6yZIi7voAQAA</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>

Instruction:

Patch0: 755b --> eb5b

Disable checking whether the USB3.0 controllers are Intel Panther Point or Fresco Logic.

Patch1: 663d0001 --> 663d0000

Disable checking whether the USB3.0 controllers are >= XHCI 1.0.

Patch2~4: 81490800004000 --> 81490800000000, 41c744240800004000 --> 41c744240800000000, 41c7460800004000 --> 41c7460800000000

Resolve problems with MSI or pin interrupts.

Patch5: c680c800000001 --> c680c800000000

Disable the sleep code leaving the USB3.0 controllers in non-working state after wake.

Patch6: 7526488bbbe8010000 --> eb26488bbbe8010000 (This one is actually 7526 --> eb26, but you'll find more than one 7526 in newer AppleUSBXHCI)

Enable PCI power management.

Please go see the original topic for more information.

Edited by shiecldk
  • Like 4

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my USB keyboard on the Clover boot menu.

It just turns off while the boot menu and turns on while ML is booting. It stays on before POST and it turns off after the 7 in clover's boot.

I haven't modified my DSDT or something. The only thing I added was a WMP300N PCI card and rebranded it to make it Airport, which it doesn't work because it doesn't detect any networks :(

I also added a USB 3.0 PCIe card but the keyboard problem was before that.

Any help?????

Cheers!

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my USB keyboard on the Clover boot menu.

It just turns off while the boot menu and turns on while ML is booting. It stays on before POST and it turns off after the 7 in clover's boot.

I haven't modified my DSDT or something. The only thing I added was a WMP300N PCI card and rebranded it to make it Airport, which it doesn't work because it doesn't detect any networks :(

I also added a USB 3.0 PCIe card but the keyboard problem was before that.

Any help?????

Cheers!

I noticed that my keyboard connected to the screen hub was not working but another one connected directly to the computer it works. try another port.

I noticed that my keyboard connected to the screen hub was not working but another one connected directly to the computer it works. try another port.

It's connected directly to the back of the motherboard. No hubs. I'll try in another port. The weird part is that is turned on and the blinks like the mouse and other devices and it turns off and never comes back until the OS is actually booting.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Changing the port to the eSATA/USB did the trick for me, thanks!!!

Anyone has a WMP300N adapter here that works???

It's connected directly to the back of the motherboard. No hubs. I'll try in another port. The weird part is that is turned on and the blinks like the mouse and other devices and it turns off and never comes back until the OS is actually booting.

Cheers!

EDIT:

Changing the port to the eSATA/USB did the trick for me, thanks!!!

I am glad it did the trick for you.

Having changed the screen hub to another USB port also made the difference between booting to clover or not, and solved my problem. So if you are stuck at the cursor move your USB devices around.

Still, for the sake of debugging I can tell i had in this screen hub a BT dongle, a logitech mouse dongle and a USB keyboard. And that now i have all those same things on still but the screen is connected to another USB port.

As far as I know it is already supported but I'll look your sources.

Yes, please do. I just used rev. 1140 and the any VBIOS patch did not occur. It's still at 1024x768. I'd be happy to help you out with any debugging on my end. (Remember, 1st gen Intel HD Graphics)

iwin32 it works if you put in your config.plist

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>PatchVBios</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

and in your refit.conf

# Set desired screen resolution if enabled

screen_resolution 11900x1080

but unfortually only resolution works.

Hey Slice,

I have an existing RAID0 volumes already set up for Chameleon, where it resides on 2 Bott Helper partitions called Boot OS Xs. The set for clover calls for installation on 2 EFI partitions. How does this affect the Chameleon setup? DO I need to do anything to the previous Chameleon on Boot OS Xs?

Thanks again

Hey Slice,

I have an existing RAID0 volumes already set up for Chameleon, where it resides on 2 Bott Helper partitions called Boot OS Xs. The set for clover calls for installation on 2 EFI partitions. How does this affect the Chameleon setup? DO I need to do anything to the previous Chameleon on Boot OS Xs?

Thanks again

You may replace boot1h (boot sector 0 of your active partition) to be Clover's version with 2 seconds pause to choose between Clover and Chameleon.

Then you can keep

boot - it is Clover

boot1 - it is Chameleon

/EFI - files for Clover

/Extra - files for Chameleon

Keep them all and boot by your choice either in Clover or in Chameleon.

• Like 1

hello @slice

how are u ?

i hope good....

for me is one big help.. i have the 2 loaders.. but now chameleon don't boot with GE=Yes

no forced edid.. rsrsrsr

and no news in chameleon.. i ask to chameleon developers .. any hope use a custom edid key like clover..

u are one of developers with many work with in chameleon and many solutions for mac os x.. u think is any chance to insert that in chameleon ?

all the best to u

i'm one u admire u work in mac os x..

long live..

good hack

Hello again people!

I need some assistance with something I found on the boot.log of clover.

I have a Linksys WMP300N PCI card that is recognized as an Airport. I got it detected by either injecting the Device ID to the ariport kext, or by rebranding the card in linux. The problem is that it works but it doesn't detect any network.

I found in the boot.log that Clover inserts some kind of table for Airport with messages like this:

18:718  0:000  Found AirPort. Landing enabled...

or

26:140  0:000  add table 9 #0
26:140  0:000  add table 9 #1
26:140  0:000  insert table 9 for Airport
26:141  0:000  Type20[0]->End = 0x1FFFFF, mMemory17[0] = 0x200000
26:141  0:000  Type20[1]->End = 0x3FFFFF, mMemory17[1] = 0x400000
26:141  0:000  Type20[2]->End = 0x5FFFFF, mMemory17[2] = 0x600000
26:141  0:000  Type20[3]->End = 0x7FFFFF, mMemory17[3] = 0x800000

So, I want to know what does that do in Clover? Some people say to move to a different PCI slot, but my Motherboard is microATX and I only have one PCI slot. Clover might be doing something about it that prevents the card for turning the power on.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

You may replace boot1h (boot sector 0 of your active partition) to be Clover's version with 2 seconds pause to choose between Clover and Chameleon.

Then you can keep

boot - it is Clover

boot1 - it is Chameleon

/EFI - files for Clover

Thank you. I will try this and report back later.

hello @slice how are u ? i hope good.... for me is one big help.. i have the 2 loaders.. but now chameleon don't boot with GE=Yes no forced edid.. rsrsrsr and no news in chameleon.. i ask to chameleon developers .. any hope use a custom edid key like clover.. u are one of developers with many work with in chameleon and many solutions for mac os x.. u think is any chance to insert that in chameleon ? all the best to u i'm one u admire u work in mac os x.. long live.. good hack

Why do you need Chameleon? Use Clover!

Yes, all is possible to implement into Chameleon. It is just a work.

Hello again people! I need some assistance with something I found on the boot.log of clover. I have a Linksys WMP300N PCI card that is recognized as an Airport. I got it detected by either injecting the Device ID to the ariport kext, or by rebranding the card in linux. The problem is that it works but it doesn't detect any network. I found in the boot.log that Clover inserts some kind of table for Airport with messages like this:
18:718 0:000 Found AirPort. Landing enabled...

or

26:140 0:000 add table 9 #0 26:140 0:000 add table 9 #1 26:140 0:000 insert table 9 for Airport 26:141 0:000 Type20[0]->End = 0x1FFFFF, mMemory17[0] = 0x200000 26:141 0:000 Type20[1]->End = 0x3FFFFF, mMemory17[1] = 0x400000 26:141 0:000 Type20[2]->End = 0x5FFFFF, mMemory17[2] = 0x600000 26:141 0:000 Type20[3]->End = 0x7FFFFF, mMemory17[3] = 0x800000

So, I want to know what does that do in Clover? Some people say to move to a different PCI slot, but my Motherboard is microATX and I only have one PCI slot. Clover might be doing something about it that prevents the card for turning the power on. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

This messages are related to SMBIOS and I am not sure it is influence on "power on".

You have to do dsdt dump, device-properties dump, ioreg dump to understand what is the difference between booting with Clover or with Chameleon.

For my mind there is no differencies and Airport should works the same if all other conditions are good.

Then you can keep

boot - it is Clover

boot1 - it is Chameleon

/EFI - files for Clover

It works. Man, I am always curious and an early adopter of anything new. This is rewarding, even for a BIOS based motherboard. Is there a way to improve the time from POST to the first boot screen? It does not bother me much, but I am, again, curious.

Yes since r1112. The question is how to install Clover permanently on RAID0. Magnifico's instruction is ambiguous. I tried it but to no solution.

What is so ambiguous? What you do not understand ... before giving judgments strange why do not you ask on the forum?

What is so ambiguous? What you do not understand ... before giving judgments strange why do not you ask on the forum?

Please do not take it wrong. Maybe I am so dense or incompetent. I followed it to the letter and it still does not boot. I have a Chameleon set up on Boot helper partition already. I found Clover to be somewhat more convenient so I want to move it permanently on my RAID0 volumes. Since apology for mis-speaking.

Help me out!

Again Magnifico, your instruction is clearly magnificent with graphics to follow. Still, I couldn't follow. I could have done something wrong.

Another question while you are at it-I can't consistently produce a Clover USB boot stick. It's weird. I tried different versions on the stick. Sometimes it gives me graphic boot screen, most of the times it does not. What seems to be my problem? I also tried to format the stick in various ways, FAT32, GPT, MBR, and the results I got were still inconsistent. But I install it on another HD, everything works OK. Hmmm...