Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@Developers

Here are the ACPI Tables, System Information "About This Mac", and IOReg Exports from Apple's entire 2012 Mac lineup. Well almost I don't think the iMac13,2 has shipped yet, and my local Apple Store doesn't have all of the Mac Mini's on display like the Server model.

The Mac's Included in this archive:

iMac13,1

MacBookAir5,1

MacBookAir5,2

MacBookPro9,1

MacBookPro9,2

MacBookPro10,1

MacBookPro10,2

Macmini6,2

MacPro5,1

Again these are the 2012 Mac Models, including the Mac Pro with CPU spec bump. Hopefully we will see some of this information implemented into the next few Clover builds.

Download <---- This information is no longer corrupted fixed 12/9/2012

Thanks for all your hard work guys/girls!

-Mrengles

• Like 2

Hello World,

I finally got Clover to boot. I had to use slide=0. @mrengles Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I am still having trouble getting my definitions for SMBIOS to load properly. When I boot with clover it boots as a iMAC 11,1

here is my config.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
 <key>boot-args</key>
 <string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0</string>
 <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
 <string>en:0</string>
 <key>InjectSystemID</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>LegacyBoot</key>
 <string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
 <key>Speed</key>
 <string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
 <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>FBName</key>
 <string>Duckweed</string>
 <key>LoadVBios</key>
 <string>No</string>
 <key>VideoPorts</key>
 <string>4</string>
 </dict>
 <key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
 <dict>
  <key>Find</key>
  <data>gAeoAqAF</data>
  <key>Replace</key>
  <data>gAeoAjgE</data>
 </dict>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
		    <key>BiosVendor</key>
		    <string>Apple Inc.</string>
		    <key>BiosVersion</key>
		    <string>MM51.88Z.0077.B0F.1110201309</string>
		    <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		    <string>10/20/11</string>
		    <key>Manufacturer</key>
		    <key>ProductName</key>
		    <string>Macmini5,1</string>
		    <key>Version</key>
		    <string>1.0</string>
		    <key>Family</key>
		    <string>Mac mini</string>
		    <key>SerialNumber</key>
		    <string>C02JP339DJD0</string>
 <key>SmUUID</key>
		    <string>00000000-0000-X000-X000-XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
		    <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		    <key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		    <string>C02032101R5DC771H</string>
		    <key>Board-ID</key>
		    <string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
		    <key>BoardVersion</key>
		    <string>Proto1</string>
		    <key>Mobile</key>
		    <string>No</string>
		    <key>LocationInChassis</key>
		    <string>Part Component</string>
		    <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		    <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		    <string>Z77xDeluxeV1</string>
		    <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		    <string>0xX000XXXX</string>
    </dict>
   </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Can anyone please help me figure this out. Thanks in advance.

On another note anyone have the SMBios for the 2012 macmini or imac ?

Hey all, I just skimmed through this entire thread and wanted to relate some of my experiences UEFI booting Clover on a P8Z77-V Pro, particularly regarding wake from sleep.

Using a DSDT I created w/ only simple HDEF fix I wake to black screen (works fine in Cham)

NO DSDT, wakes fine but only w/ power button (no usb peripherals/bluetooth)

With:

<key>PCI</key>

<dict>

<key>USBInjection</key>

<string>No</string>

</dict>

Can wake from peripherals/bluetooth BUT restarts after 30 seconds

(tried shiecldk's OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi files but still restarts after 30 seconds)

So that's where I'm at, can wake fine but only w/ power button, OR w/ peripherals and restart after 30 seconds or so. For the record, my usb devices do work fine after waking.

Also, my mouse doesn't work properly within the bootloader when UEFI booting, I think somewhere back towards the beginning of the thread dmazar said it's due to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi... Basically it actually works, it just doesn't refresh its position when I move the mouse. However, if I right click the mouse it jumps to the place that I moved it to, so I can quasi use it by guessing and right clicking to refresh its position lol.

Anyways, everything else seems to be working in an orderly fashion, speedstepping, restart, shutdown etc.

@antipop2323

As we have discussed elsewhere I have similar issues to you regarding sleep/wake. Fortunately for me its a non-issue as I rarely use sleep anyway and the speed stepping is very efficient using the right profiles - that said it would be great if it did work and with ErmaCs Chameleon it worked fine.

We both have similar Asus Boards and I imagene that you are using the latest BIOS (modded or unmoved?) 1708. I have tried and seen no differences with the BIOS USB and changing any settings there. I use the BIOS defaults for USB disabling the ASMedia USB hubs.

I have tried a DSDT fix but that did not work and just really slowed things down to an extent it was not worth keeping.

I have also tried various FixDsdtMasks some suggested here cause immediate KP on boot. Safest using 0X0001 (minimal) for me.

Interesting - thanks for your input.

Hello World,

I finally got Clover to boot. I had to use slide=0. @mrengles Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I am still having trouble getting my definitions for SMBIOS to load properly. When I boot with clover it boots as a iMAC 11,1

here is my config.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
</dict>
<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gAeoAqAF</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAeoAjgE</data>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
 <dict>
		 <key>BiosVendor</key>
		 <key>BiosVersion</key>
		 <string>MM51.88Z.0077.B0F.1110201309</string>
		 <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		 <string>10/20/11</string>
		 <key>Manufacturer</key>
		 <key>ProductName</key>
		 <string>Macmini5,1</string>
		 <key>Version</key>
		 <string>1.0</string>
		 <key>Family</key>
		 <string>Mac mini</string>
		 <key>SerialNumber</key>
		 <string>C02JP339DJD0</string>
<key>SmUUID</key>
		 <string>00000000-0000-X000-X000-XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
		 <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		 <key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		 <string>C02032101R5DC771H</string>
		 <key>Board-ID</key>
		 <string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
		 <key>BoardVersion</key>
		 <string>Proto1</string>
		 <key>Mobile</key>
		 <string>No</string>
		 <key>LocationInChassis</key>
		 <string>Part Component</string>
		 <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		 <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		 <string>Z77xDeluxeV1</string>
		 <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		 <string>0xX000XXXX</string>
 </dict>
 </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Can anyone please help me figure this out. Thanks in advance.

On another note anyone have the SMBios for the 2012 macmini or imac ?

Hi - the config.plist is a very common issues. When you install Clover it creates a basic config.plist in the root of the EFI directory and often another in the OEM directory, which it appears is always favourite for Clover to boot from. You have two option. 1. Delete the OEM version of config.plist and keep everything in the EFI root. Or 2. create a sensible name for your motherboard within the OEM directly and use that. Having the two can be confusing both to the user and Clover.

Regarding the new late 2012 imac and machines - you will likely have to wait for 10.8.3 to see those used, and provided by Apple, but you could mod one if you know what you are doing but the AppleTyMCEDriver might be a problem for some.

Good Luck.

@Developers

Here are the ACPI Tables, System Information "About This Mac", and IOReg Exports from Apple's entire 2012 Mac lineup. Well almost I don't think the iMac13,2 has shipped yet, and my local Apple Store doesn't have all of the Mac Mini's on display like the Server model.

iMac13,1

MacBookAir5,1

MacBookAir5,2

MacBookPro9,1

MacBookPro9,2

MacBookPro10,1

MacBookPro10,2

Macmini6,2

MacPro5,1

Again these are the 2012 Mac Models, including the Mac Pro with CPU spec bump. Hopefully we will see some of this information implemented into the next few Clover builds.

Download

-Mrengles

Thanks for providing but unfortunately the IOREGS are corrupted and can't be opened

Can someone post a copy of IOReg? The version I have corrupts the export regardless of what computer it's coming from I don't know what version I have.

I'm going to head back out to the store soon.

Check you didn't use IORegistryExplorer v3 as I've seen that problem before using that. v2 is best.

It was v3

@blackosx

Can you also post just a copy of the SMC utility inside darling dumper?

How would I use it?

Folks, is it possible to get my Airport Extreme PCI card to show up as built in by use of a DSDT edit?

Following this guide (With my on board LAN disabled) I can't connect to Apple iCloud or App Store. I think this is because IOBuiltIn is showing as False and needs to be True!

I should say this is for use with my Clover install stick hence posting it here and I don't think "EthernetBuiltIn" will help or is even an option here?

I've got all the IOReg, and SMC exports/dumps. This time they are working, I checked for corruption before I left the Apple Store. I'll upload when I get home.

Thanks for the help blackosx!

I know why the Devs need the SMBios info, for displaying the correct information in "About This Mac" when booting with Clover. What are the SMC keys needed for? How does this help Development?

-Mrengles

Hi!

I've installed Clover rev923 and it boots fine, but I was wondering what logfiles I should look for (or enable) to find out why I'm stuck with a grey screen after login?

(It didn't crash - I can still move my mouse after login and I hear audio when plugging in a USB device.)

Neither boot.log nor system.log were very helpful so far...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

PS: I use a x230 with i5-3320 and hd4000 / ivy bridge system.

@Developers

iMac13,1

MacBookAir5,1

MacBookAir5,2

MacBookPro9,1

MacBookPro9,2

MacBookPro10,1

MacBookPro10,2

Macmini6,2

MacPro5,1

Download

-Mrengles

Here's the updated information. The IOReg exports are no longer corrupted, and i've added SMC dumps for each Mac Model.

Download ACPI+IOReg+SMC_2012_Macs.zip

Enjoy!

Mrengles

PS. Please keep in mind, that some of the IOReg exports might not be from the same exact Mac as the System Information exports, because I couldn't use the same exact computers when I went back the second time to get this information (Kids and there FaceBook). The IOReg exports and the SMC Keys are however from the same exact Mac.

I hope that's not too confusing, it shouldn't make a difference anyway.

Again, Thank you Clover Devs!

• Like 1

Be careful Robert - they have video cameras, it would be better to wait for people who have purchased the machines and volunteer the info which is already available on the net, otherwise you could be made an example of.

I'm not doing anything wrong. I told the Store Manager that I was a "Developer" and needed some hardware information off the New Ivy Brigde Macs to fix bugs. Asked if I could use the Macs on display, she said fine, but I was not to copy/steal the software, which I was NOT doing.

She understood that I could not afford to purchase every single new Mac to bug fix, and was very helpful showing me which models were different.

;-)

Mrengles

I'm not doing anything wrong. I told the Store Manager that I was a "Developer" and needed some hardware information off the New Ivy Brigde Macs to fix bugs. Asked if I could use the Macs on display, she said fine, but I was not to copy/steal the software, which I was NOT doing.

She understood that I could not afford to purchase every single new Mac to bug fix, and was very helpful showing me which models were different.

;-)

Mrengles

Hi, Mrengles, Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot, Mrengles! And I believe the Store Manager is so cool!

In business terms, wouldn't Apple welcome hackintoshers because they are doing some part of Apple Dev team's work, say, testing in various systems and finding optimized ones, even without being solicited?

I think that sort of understanding is shown in that Apple doesn't block hackintoshes from being updated through Software Update Seed Configuration Utility, and in many other things.

I like this policy, esp. compared to Microsoft, which is so sensitive to using its OS for personal test pleasure.

Hopefully, Clover can make big improvements with your sincere help!

P.S. Mrengles, please don't feel old! Life is too short to be divided into young and old, isn't it, IMHO?

@comwave7 you said..

"In business terms, wouldn't Apple welcome hackintoshers because they are doing some part of Apple Dev team's work, say, testing in various systems and finding optimized ones, even without being solicited?"

It does not quite work like you describe. If you have seen that awful recent MBC interview Brian Williams and Tim Cook you will understand the feelings Apple have about hackers, and their daily fight against those determined to rip them off, in

theory there is nothing wrong - but in the US they have what they call intellectual property rights.

I do not concur with you say that hackers help Apple, its the other way round

Do not take anything for granted

• Like 1

@comwave7 you said..

"In business terms, wouldn't Apple welcome hackintoshers because they are doing some part of Apple Dev team's work, say, testing in various systems and finding optimized ones, even without being solicited?"

It does not quite work like you describe. If you have seen that awful recent MBC interview Brian Williams and Tim Cook you will understand the feelings Apple have about hackers, and their daily fight against those determined to rip them off, in

theory there is nothing wrong - but in the US they have what they call intellectual property rights.

I do not concur with you say that hackers help Apple, its the other way round

Do not take anything for granted

Hi, Tony!

Thank you for sharing precious viewpoints and advice. I really appreciate them.

Mostly I agree with you.

And I take, and will take, nothing for granted. And sure, I don’t support or advocate IPRs theft.

What follows is not an argument against your points of view, but just a small clue to develop different points of view on my OS X tests. I hope it can be a free exchange of opinions.

I just watched the interview you mentioned. Tim said,

"It's tough. It's very tough. You have people trying to hack into systems on a constant basis. You have people trying to enlist confidential information about future product plans. All of these things are things that we constantly fight."

As far as I understand, Clover developers and users don't go into the category of "people" Tim talked about. The "people" maybe mean those who compete with Apple and especially who try to hurt its business and make their own money from Apple products. And the expression “systems” possibly doesn’t mean OS X, but Apple’s internal systems, I guess, given the context of the conversation.

Thus, I don’t think that remark proves Apple has a negative position against the users who want to have a different experience on their PCs with their own efforts and risks without giving any harm to its business operations. Apple fights agianst hackers and competitors, not against OS X lovers. People at Apple might laugh internally because these self-serviced users may broaden its base for potential customers. I’ve seen many users who first began with installing OS X on their PCs and then move to buying real Macs when they can afford to.

Even though many call their own OS X-loaded PCs "hackintosh", that doesn't mean they are hackers. As for me, I am a sort of follower of Apple. I like its products and philosophy. I still have an 1998 eMac, which lies in the corner of my house for amusing my eyes. Clover bootloader doesn’t hack any code of OS X, AFAIK. It’s just literally a bootloader. And as UEFI technology comes into everyday use, Clover gives us a chance to utilize the new tech to the full. From Clover EFI bootloader, Apple and many other vendors may get hints or learn something. That’s what I tried to imply in my previous comment to mrengles.

And my point of view can become evident in the case of Intel. Take the K versions of Intel CPUs. As you know, years back, there was no CPU whose maximum speed was unlocked. Owing to many enthusiastic overclockers who wanted to experience the best and highest performance, Intel finally changed its product line-up and released K version, e.g. i7 2600K. This change caused ripple effects and let many normal users enjoy higher speed CPUs.

I think Apple can have a similar approach. Why not it adopts such a positive inclusive position as marketing a version of “OS X Mountain Lion for IBM-PC”(my coinage) to let a huge number of PC users enjoy the pleasure of a new world? I believe someday Apple will, though not soon. If this speculation comes true, you and I might be among those “initial pioneers” of OS X for PC versions thanks to many talented and open-minded developers.

• Like 1

Some times ago Apple said: "We can't sell OSX to PC users as we can't provide support to non-Apple's hardware". This is reasonable position.

But Microsoft can?

Hi, Slice!

Above all, thank you for Clover.

As to Apple's position of NOT selling OS X to PC users, I agree with your evaluation.

It sure would be a headache, much less being profitable.

But considering the simplicity Clover boot loader gives me as a Mac user on a PC, I hope Apple will get a position change.

As to MS, I haven't thought about the possibility of its selling Windows to Mac users as their main OS.

MS seems still busy coping with PC users and catching up with Apple and Google in the mobile market.

Just a layman's guess.

At any rate, Clover EFI boot loader made my system faster, smoother, and more usable.

Thanks a lot, to you and all other developers concerned!