Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

same problem. very different setup. common bootloader.

Black screen and blinking cursor of death?

Black screen in so far as my monitor actually goes in standby! No cursor.

I'm a bit surprised that my setup should be problematic, as the hardware is quite common, and considered that I have a stable non-clover installation running.

Is there a way to FakeID Bluetooth device in Clover config?   0x13d33404?

<key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_3404</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
<false/>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>13316</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5075</integer>
</dict>

Thanks

Hey guys,

as a result from the last days I would like to thank the Clover team. A really nice boot loader, of course there could be optimizations regarding the easiness, more clear gui+docs regarding dependency of each parameter. But so far for me this is currently the best boot loader, mostly works out of the box. I also like the http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home wiki of zetam really much, but could be improved.

I am now running a nearly perfect OSX 10.9.4, Core i7 4770 + ATI5570HD system with a Asus B85M-G main board, recent firmware, Intel B85 chipset. The only problem for which I cannot find any solution is a defective sleep mode. If the system goes to sleep, it only can be waked by pressing the power button (maybe normal?) and then it just restarts.

I tried a lot of variations:

- Different ATI personalities, "eulemur" seems to give a correct power management, since the standby of the monitor is successfully activated. So I guess from this side everything is alright.

- Power management for the internal Intel HD4600 (which I cannot completely deactivate in bios. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul is loaded). Lately I patched the HD4600 power management using a proper DSDT. There is no "AGPM: unknown" message in boot log anymore. So this seems to be ok, too. Right?

- USB seems to have problems with USB2 devices that are connected directly to the computer. If they are connected using a USB 2.0 hub, everything works correctly. Sometimes USB3 devices will become USB2 devices... So I guess here is still something wrong? But is this related to power management?

- Also tried different hibernate modes. First 0, then the propagated 28 mode (was it 28)? No change.

- Set different cstates. Tried "EnableC7" but no change. Currently "EnableC6" and "EnableC7" is activated.

So how can I resolve this problem? Do you experts maybe have a quick idea what I should try? How can I debug this problem?

Thanks and regards.

the usb2 thing doesn't sound like power management in the way you are talking about, more like not enough power/current coming from the ports. Have you tried this? http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#USB-/-HighCurrent might want to try the addclockid one as well. In regards to usb3, summing you're using genericusbxhci, there's a few different -gux flags you might want to try. I forget the exact names but they're in clover configurator as well as the genericusbxhci sourceforge.

Thank you Chris...resolved 

:angel:  :angel:

That is exactly what happened to me when I ran the command.  I don't run it any more.  I just delete the com.apple.kext.caches from /system/library/caches and boot without cache if it Mavericks.  I am guessing you cannot boot without caches in developers releases or is it specifically Yosemite?  Either way I stay away from that command.

How did you resolve it?

the usb2 thing doesn't sound like power management in the way you are talking about, more like not enough power/current coming from the ports. Have you tried this? http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#USB-/-HighCurrent might want to try the addclockid one as well. In regards to usb3, summing you're using genericusbxhci, there's a few different -gux flags you might want to try. I forget the exact names but they're in clover configurator as well as the genericusbxhci sourceforge.

Thanks for this info. Can I use any clover dsdt patches, if I already have a custom dsdt in acpi/patched ?

I don't like to bother but is there a fix in the works that enables my keyboard and trackpad to work after Clover 2747? Some other users have the same issue or has ps/2 support been dropped from Clover? What's worse is that it doesn't work on Windows 8 either. I have to boot using an older Clover USB to get keyboard and trackpad to work again. Installed r2795 and same problem.

That is exactly what happened to me when I ran the command.  I don't run it any more.  I just delete the com.apple.kext.caches from /system/library/caches and boot without cache if it Mavericks.  I am guessing you cannot boot without caches in developers releases or is it specifically Yosemite?  Either way I stay away from that command.

How did you resolve it?

Copy and paste from usb drive ( yosemite Beta) kernel cache on your hd yosemite ...reboot in verbose mode et voila' le jeu et 'fait

• Like 2

Hey, I cannot install clover bootblocks anymore... I repartitioned the OSX device (adding another partition). Now if I reinstall Clover using boot0ss/boot1h or boot0md/boot1h or boot0ss/boot1h2 or boot0md/boot1h2, the hard drive will not boot up, only the usb stick. Before it worked using boot0ss + boot1h2 on OSX partition (not efi). clover resides on the OSX partition (which worked before). I also tried it manually from terminal, using boot files from /usr/standalone/i386...

1. Does the partition need to be unmounted to successfully write boot0 to it?

2. Is it ok to place clover to OSX (diskXs2) and not to EFI (diskXs1)?

3. can I place a boot1h2 to EFI partition to boot clover from OSX partition?

4. Will formatting EFI partition remove its boot1h block?

Thanks.

EDIT:

I fixed it by activating at least one partition, using "fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX", "p", "f 1", "write", "y", "exit"

IMO you should write to your docs that even boot0ss requires at least one partition to be activated. Thanks.

Edited by Funky frank

Copy and paste from usb drive ( yosemite Beta) kernel cache on your hd yosemite ...reboot in verbose mode et voila' le jeu et 'fait

You can fix  with this  solution to if you dont have another Hackintosh volume !  ;)

boot to the USB installer and go to utility / terminal and  typing this 

cp -R /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup

ps:My volume name USB and my HDD name Yosemite

• Like 2

@The Real Deal and naujoks, If you guys have black screen after selecting boot, set Boot/Log=true and see if it says Closing Log in at the end where it stops. If it does then use KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true and boot verbose, see if it outputs anything and where it stops, there are a couple of five second pauses though so it will take a little longer. You don't have that on already do you? That can make your boot appear to stop without using verbose.

Please excuse my ignorance, but isn't the log I posted earlier the log that you are talking about? If so then mine doesn't finish with "Closing Log", but it finished with the line about custom boot screen: Aborted!

If that's not what you mean, could you tell me the exact syntax of the lines I should add (presumably to config.plist?), and where exactly they go?

Verbose seems to be on by default when I install Clover fresh.

You can fix  with this  solution to if you dont have another Hackintosh volume !  ;)

boot to the USB installer and go to utility / terminal and  typing this 

cp -R /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup

ps:My volume name USB and my HDD name Yosemite

Great ...but I will not use the more command to rebuild the cache ... never ever again

Have you another solution for rebuild cache on yosemite ?

Great ...but I will not use the more command to rebuild the cache ... never ever again

Have you another solution for rebuild cache on yosemite ?

its not rebuilding cache, its fix your  issue 

when you receive the same error  message 

its not rebuilding cache, its fix your  issue  when you receive the same error  message 

Try this,  never fails for me, but be very wary of adding or amending any Yosemite S/L/E kexts as your system will be considered untrusted,  and the current DP boot argument will not likely be available in 10.10 release version unless some brilliant hacker finds a way to fool it..  From 10.9.5 will also have a fully functional Apple gatekeeper so that only signed apps will function correctly.

To rebuild Yosemite Cache.

sudo touch /S*/L*/Extensions

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Now I tried all your suggestions, sadly none of it worked. I now have genericusbxhci in /efi/clover/kexts and it seems to fix usb3 / power problems. But waking up from sleep mode still causes a restart... Any other ideas?  

Ummm, no it has not been dropped, usually this is because of sync with edk2. What revisions after 2747 did you try?

I've tried all of the newer revisions from SourceForge (r2758, r2774 and the newer r2795) but none of these make my trackpad and keyboard work anymore. USB ports still work fine. I'm not sure what changes were made after r2747 that affected these particular components. 

I would like to use the newer versions of Clover but this problem has stopped me from upgrading it.

Hey Guys,

I flashed my Graphic BIOS, I get rid of those black Bars around the Screen so everything is Fullscreen now. I changed my VESA Table too, 1280x1024 (highest available VESA Entry) to 1920x1080. But Clover and the Bootscreen are displayced ans stretched. Clover is at 1920x1080. I link you to my Thread with Pictures, so maybe someone can help me.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300181-full-resolution-at-clover/

Hm.

I restored my old Graphic BIOS to start from scratch. At first I removed the Black Borders. 

Then I looked in Chameleon what VESA Resolutions I have:

320x200

320x240

320x400

640x400

640x480

768x480

800x600

1024x768

1280x720

1280x800

1280x1024

None of those are 16:9 Resolutions. Only 4:3 and 16:10. But my Monitor is 16:9. Can that be the Problem? Is it important which of those VESA Resolutions I change to 1920x1080?

Any idea where I should look to start debugging this issue:

I'm on the latest version of Clover and Mavericks. 

Ever since I switched over from Chameleon to Clover I've been getting these prompts when I login:

You shut down your computer because of a Problem

Then a few seconds later when I reach my desktop I get this:

Your computer was restarted because of a problem

- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? 

Thanks!

Alfa

• Like 1

Guys, this sucks big time: Suddenly clover is not able to boot my 10.9.4 system anymore (see below). After hours of investigation I can conclude that now only Chameleon boots fine, but only with parameters "-f".

I also investigated that clover boot doesn't show anymore these nice messages, but Chameleon boot does:

12.08.14 00:55:09,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR $Num kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
12.08.14 00:55:09,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR LsNM kSMCKeyNotFound(0x84) fKeyHashTable=0x0
12.08.14 00:55:09,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcGetLightshowVers ERROR: smcReadKey LsNM failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
12.08.14 00:55:09,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcPublishLightshowVersion ERROR: smcGetLightshowVers failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
12.08.14 00:55:09,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: smcPublishLightshowVersion failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
12.08.14 00:55:09,000 kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
12.08.14 00:55:16,000 kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

So these messages seem to be needed to appear to successfully boot to login screen....

I also cannot see any "nullCPUPowerManagement" message in clover boot anymore (as far as I remember there was one before the problem appeared).

I tried to disable AppleCPUPM patch in boot options but no change.

Can someone from you experts tell me whats wrong now with my Clover installation?

EDIT:
Ok solved.

I "accidentally" had the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext somewhere in a boot cache that isn't removed on touching /sys/lib/ext. After using myFix with no-quick option, this nullcpupm was removed. That's why the above messages disappeared (comes from NullCPUPM) and the new kernel cpu pm conflicted now with the appleintelcpupm.

So by adding a recent NullCPUPM from chameleon, it worked again. Maybe you could write to your docs that for kernel cpu pm a nullcpupm is needed! Could save a lot of peoples time...

Wasn't clear for me that FakeSMC is required! Please write this to the docs. Thanks.

Are you using legacy clover? Not sure that there is....

What do you mean by "legacy clover"?  I don't actually have a UEFI system.  I'm booting clover via BIOS (so I guess via DUET or whatever).  Pretty sure it's v2k_r2774.

Any idea where I should look to start debugging this issue:

I'm on the latest version of Clover and Mavericks. 

Ever since I switched over from Chameleon to Clover I've been getting these prompts when I login:

Then a few seconds later when I reach my desktop I get this:

- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? 

Thanks!

Alfa

I have the Exact Motherboard, which Bios version are you on now?  I will be installing Clover soon and to see if I get the same messages.  Do you have a DSDT/SSDT/Clover.config you could share?  I'll test.  

Thanks