Full Resolution at Clover

PHV

53 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I need your help. I want to have Clover and the Bootprocess in Full HD 1920x1080. I read about PatchVBios & PatchVBiosBytes. But I dont know how to make it happen. In my Clover config.plist is PatchVBiosBytes already enabled. 

<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Find</key>
			<data>
			gAeoAqAF
			</data>
			<key>Replace</key>
			<data>
			gAeoAjgE
			</data>

But how do I know that this Settings are correct? Because its not working for me. I just get a stretched Clover and Boot Process with Black Borders around it. I got a 27" Acer Monitor. My Videocard is a GTX 275. Thanks in Advance!

Have you seen this? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/211294-information-on-vesa-modes-in-atinvidia-bios/ once you know what bytes need to be changed, you can either patch your vbios manually and flash it to your card, or use patchvbiosbytes in clover. Note that you will have to convert the bytes (hex) to base64, unless you are using cover configurator in which case it will do it for you automatically. As far as the black border, I don't think there is a solution to that yet, at least o haven't found one. My TV does the same thing. I did however manage to get native resolution.

I installed the Scripts now, but no Clover Folder in Library/Logs. You mean those RC Scripts you can choose during the Installation of Clover right?

I tested the PatchVBios only Option, but no Changes. Still stretched and with black Borders. 

EDIT: Here is my config.plist. I dont know if I need all the Stuff in it, but my System runs. 

Had to change .plist to .txt, it won't upload my .plist.

config.plist.txt

I forgot you're on Yosemite. Try installing this alternative daemon for the logs: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2562&st=13100&p=40605&hl=RcScript&&do=findComment&comment=40605

I recommend you to read a bit about the config.plist structure and settings from the wiki. Also you should generate some SMBIOS information to properly enable iCloud services. This utility can help with that and much more. And no need to change file extensions, just zip it before uploading.

About your setup, is it UEFI or legacy? Did you try with the CsmVideoDxe driver?

Okay little Information about my Progress now. 

I did the VBIOS Flash Thing and changed my VESA Table 1024x768 to 1920x1080 and it works. But I dont get rid of these f****** black Bars. Now my Bootscreen looks SUPER UGLY. 

In the "About Clover" Tab there was "Screen Output: Graphics Output (UEFI), 1024x768"

so I changed the 1024x768 to 1920x1080 in the VESA Table to get Full HD in Clover and the Bootprocess. But it looks so ugly, uglier than before. Everything is displaced. I really need to get rid of those Black Bars around that. 

Okay, so now I edited and flashed my previous BIOS but with some additional Information, so the black Borders arent there anymore. Im so close to get Clover and Bootscreen in Full HD without stretching and so on. 

But I cant figure out whats wrong. I dont have Borders, everything is Fullscreen now. I checked my VESA Table and there is 1920x1080. Resolution in Clover config.plist is 1920x1080. But why the Hell is it so displaced? 

I got 5 HDD's to choose in Clover. It shows me 3 of them on the right side of the display and 2 coming out of the left side! Same with the Progress Bar in the Bootscreen. The Bar starts in the right side of the Display and comes out left! Everything is set to Fullscreen and 1920x1080. Im so close but I dont know whats wrong :(

Tripplepost.

I flashed the BIOS without the Borders and with 1280x1024 to 1920x1080. My VESA Table is working at 1920x1080 and Clover is set at 1920x1080. 

This is the Result:

ahngzmve.jpged3pqxp4.jpg

In the "About Clover" Tab it show me that it runs on 1920x1080.

Whats wrong?

I just want it to be centered, unstretched and sharp :( I think its one little step. 

I had the same problem with my R9 290X when using UEFI boot mode. To solve an unrelated issue, I ended up reinstalling clover using Legacy settings and it had the side effect of fixing the clover boot resolution (2560x1080 on my U2913WM).

What do you mean with "Legacy Settings"? 

Using Legacy boot settings (as opposed to UEFI).

When you initially install clover, at the "customize" menu, I originally used the option "Install for UEFI booting only."

To use legacy settings, select the "Install boot0af in MBR" option under "Bootloader" (be sure to leave "Install for UEFI booting only" unchecked).

I'm not sure what motherboard you're using, but you should see two boot options (one that lists the boot device prefaced by "UEFI" and a second with UEFI omitted). Selecting the option with UEFI ommited (along with legacy settings) fixes the resolution for me.

Dude, no money please. You're in violation of forum rules!!

First, get everything back to vanilla state. Remove the EDID, flash the stock ROM, use only the PatchVBios option.

Second, make sure your connected via digital out (HDMI or DVI). NOT VGA

And lastly, check you monitor's scaling settings. It usually has 16:9 or auto, select 16:9.

• Like 1

THIS WAS F***ING ANNOYING ME TOO even though it was just the boot loader, I wanted it to look nice and native-looking since a major point of Clover for me was it mimicked a lot of  the Apple native EFI firmware features (the Apple native EFI boot logo and boot options look really good and transition very nicely since everything is in native resolution)

For me, what fixed the problem was disabling the CSM Compatiblity Support Module.

Flashed UEFI BIOS on my GTX 680 thinking it was just my GPU and still didn't fix it but disabling CSM did the trick for me.

Make sure CSM is disabled and Secure Boot is set to Other OS

ALSO MAKE SURE ALL YOUR OPERATING SYSTEMS AND BOOTLOADERS ARE INSTALLED IN UEFI-MODE OTHERWISE THEY WON'T BOOT, that's what CSM does it allows Legacy boot loaders to load. 

Okay little Information about my Progress now. 

I did the VBIOS Flash Thing and changed my VESA Table 1024x768 to 1920x1080 and it works. But I dont get rid of these f****** black Bars. Now my Bootscreen looks SUPER UGLY. 

In the "About Clover" Tab there was "Screen Output: Graphics Output (UEFI), 1024x768"

so I changed the 1024x768 to 1920x1080 in the VESA Table to get Full HD in Clover and the Bootprocess. But it looks so ugly, uglier than before. Everything is displaced. I really need to get rid of those Black Bars around that. 

This has to do with the CSM support module, just disable it. 

You don't actually need to edit the VESA table since most recent GPUs will have support for 1080p and even if it doesn't Clover automatically patches it, but if yours doesn't it doesn't hurt to try, just disabling CSM usually does the trick though