• Please log in to reply
960 replies to this topic

adisor19

adisor19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I just did the exact the same thing today. Wireless reception is much better, although I did damage the card in the process (easily fixable scratch).

Here's a tutorial on how to create a proper USB install drive, http://forum.osxlati...zenbook-ux32vd/

Edit:
I have gotten Ivy Bridge power management, next step is to get proper battery support on 10.8.3

Edit #2:
We now have proper battery support in 10.8.3 .

How did you get those 2 fixes ? I used cyf's EFI folder and sleep was working for me already.

Thanks,

Adi

joe2108

joe2108

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I have ux32A sandybride.. never get desktop... except using HDMI port. or -x any suggestion to make it work with laptop screen?

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Edit:
I have gotten Ivy Bridge power management, next step is to get proper battery support on 10.8.3

Edit #2:
We now have proper battery support in 10.8.3 .

Where can I get your new kexts? Have you already uploaded it anywhere?

rubenverhoef

rubenverhoef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I have made a install USB with MyHack and os x 10.8.3 using http://forum.osxlati...zenbook-ux32vd/
installation with -x flag is succesful but when i start os x 10.8.3 with -x or -x -v PCIRootUID=0 and/or GraphicsEnabler=No and/or npci=0x3000 it hangs at [PCI Configuration end, bridges 4 devices 13].

can someone help me, i want to run os x 10.8.3

i use the UX32VD zenbook.

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Good news for anyone who wants to use the Chameleon bootloader. The latest revisions have fixes for the 3.25GB of RAM issue.

If you want to switch from Clover to Chameleon.

First download the folder (the file name does not have pkg) for Chameleon from here , http://www.osx86.net...2svn-r2233.html). Please note that any Chameleon revision greater than 2233 will have the memory fix.
Next download Chameleon Wizard from here, http://www.insanelym...for-chameleon/.
Also make sure to download my Extra folder, http://www.mediafire...az12j/Extra.zip .

Now let's install Chameleon via Chameleon Wizard.
Extract the Chameleon folder. Now open up Chameleon Wizard, then choose "Folder on disk".

Now choose the folder where you extracted the Chameleon folder. Next, select "Boot0hfs", and choose your target disk. Once you are sure of all the settings are correct, click "Install".
Once you have installed Chameleon, all you have to do is extract my Extra.zip and move my "Extra" folder to / (THE ROOT OF YOUR OSX DRIVE!).

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Good news for anyone who wants to use the Chameleon bootloader. The latest revisions have fixes for the 3.25GB of RAM issue.

First download the folder (the file name does not have pkg) for Chameleon from here , http://www.osx86.net...2svn-r2233.html). Please note that any Chameleon revision greater than 2233 will have the memory fix.
Next download Chameleon Wizard from here, http://www.insanelym...for-chameleon/.
Also make sure to download my Extra folder, http://www.mediafire...az12j/Extra.zip .

Extract the Chameleon folder. Now open up Chameleon Wizard, then choose "Folder on disk".

Now choose the folder where you extracted the Chameleon folder. Next, select "Boot0hfs", and choose your target disk. Once you are sure of all the settings are correct, click "Install".
Once you have installed Chameleon, all you have to do is extract my Extra.zip and move my "Extra" folder to / (THE ROOT OF YOUR OSX DRIVE!).

What are the advantages of using Chameleon over Clover?

1.) Easy installation.
And? ...

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
It fixes the sleep issue I was having (the laptop never powered down). It also easier to update and install.

jsl

jsl

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Sometimes when I try to make to go to sleep, it hangs. A force reboot is nesscerray, other than I have no problems at all.

Edit: Here are the updates kexts.

I have attached a DSDT.aml that will allow you to use VGA and HDMI simultaneously.
I have also attached a new and improved USB kext (remove PXCHD.kext before you install the new one).

Credits goes to EmlyDinesh for the DSDT patch.

Thanks for your kind sharing.
Is this for 10.8.3 with Asus UX31A ?
I have working 10.8.2 with my UX31A (Both internal, HDMI, & VGA ports with HDMI audio too)
But upgraded to 10.8.3 previous HDMI audio was borken and Intel HD 4000 VRAM was also reported as wrong (512 MB instead of 384 MB because there is only 4 GB RAM only).
If I replaced related Intel HD 4000 Graphics kexts with 10.8.2, Both HDMI audio and VRAM are back to normal.
But I will lose Adobe Flash Player function in Firefox (only Sarari is working).
Replaced by your AppleIntelFramebufferCapri (8.0.61 which is the same version from 10.8.2) only fixs my HDMI audio and VRAM size immediately.
But replacing PXCHD.kext with yours seems no fully working for USB 3.0.
No matter I use either PXCHD.kext or yours always show SuperSpeed available in System Information, but any USB 3.0 device pluged only shows HiSpeed only (480 Mb/sec instead of 1.5 Gb/sec for SuperSpeed.
Any suggestion from you ?

I'm pretty new at this, manage to install ML 10.8.3 on UX31A, but when trying to boot into the partition, it hangs on various portions, AppleHDA, BatteryManagement, etc... Tried booting with -x, didn't help. I read from the UX32VD thread that I may need to remove some kext from the installation, but how does one do that when you cannot even boot in?

You need proper IOUSBFamily.kext in /Extra or /System/Library/Extensions to booting. Please use the first post's attached files for your reference.

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

1.) Easy installation.
And? ...

While I have to agree that Chameleon is easier to configure than Clover, that is also its weakness due to limited functionality. If you are using UEFI (as the Zenbook does) then Clover gives you much faster boot times, the ability to inject kexts from outside the OS to allow easier OS updates, support to multi-boot UEFI OSes, etc.

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

While I have to agree that Chameleon is easier to configure than Clover, that is also its weakness due to limited functionality. If you are using UEFI (as the Zenbook does) then Clover gives you much faster boot times, the ability to inject kexts from outside the OS to allow easier OS updates, support to multi-boot UEFI OSes, etc.

Yeah... I also thought Clover is the more advanced technology. I'm running Clover with OS X and Win7 multi-boot in GPT/UEFI partitions. And works quite well. It's also easy to backup all the settings in the EFI folder.

Are there any noticeable improvements in newer Clover version? (I'm still running on 1174)

Anything usefull for our Zenbooks? Maybe for IvyBridge PM?
Revision 1242
- there are many improvements in functionality but nothing special to mention
- more correct hardware detecting including CPU and memory
- new key GenerateIvyStates
- advanced scripts

Changelog: http://sourceforge.n...refiboot/files/

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Yeah... I also thought Clover is the more advanced technology. I'm running Clover with OS X and Win7 multi-boot in GPT/UEFI partitions. And works quite well. It's also easy to backup all the settings in the EFI folder.

Are there any noticeable improvements in newer Clover version? (I'm still running on 1174)

Anything usefull for our Zenbooks? Maybe for IvyBridge PM?

Revision 1242
- there are many improvements in functionality but nothing special to mention
- more correct hardware detecting including CPU and memory
- new key GenerateIvyStates
- advanced scripts

Changelog: http://sourceforge.n...refiboot/files/

Things are added and bugs fixed at a furious pace in the Clover world so it is worth keeping up to date. I think you'll have to redo your configuration some from 1178 to the latest as they merged most of the configuration into the single config.plist file. There is now an updater/theme picker application as well as lots of themes. I've been working on changes for my HP but I plan to get back to the Zenbook and get it all up to date and look into fixing whatever doesn't work.

BTW, this is a more up-to-date log of changes for Clover:

http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2656

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I think you'll have to redo your configuration some from 1178 to the latest as they merged most of the configuration into the single config.plist file.

So I would need to combine the config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
  <key>DropOemSSDT</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>DsdtName</key>
  <string>DSDT.aml</string>
  <key>GenerateCStates</key>
  <string>No</string>
  <key>GeneratePStates</key>
  <string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
  <key>AppleRTC</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>KernelCpu</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
  <key>Speed</key>
  <string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
  <key>BiosVendor</key>
  <string>Apple Inc.</string>
  <key>ProductName</key>
  <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
  <key>Family</key>
  <string>MacBook Pro</string>
  <key>SerialNumber</key>
  <string>C02F93FQDH2G</string>
  <key>Board-ID</key>
  <string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
</dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
  <key>HDAInjection</key>
  <string>No</string>
  <key>LpcTune</key>
  <string>No</string>
  <key>PCIRootUID</key>
  <string>0</string>
  <key>StringInjector</key>
  <string>No</string>
  <key>USBInjection</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
  <key>BacklightLevel</key>
  <string>0xFFFF</string>
  <key>InjectSystemID</key>
  <string>Yes</string>
  <key>LegacyBoot</key>
  <string>PBR</string>
  <key>boot-args</key>
  <string>npci=0x3000 MountEFI=disk1 slide=0</string>
  <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
  <string>en:0</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

and the refit.conf to a new combined config.plist?

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

So I would need to combine the config.plist

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DsdtName</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>
<string>No</string>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>C02F93FQDH2G</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
</dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>HDAInjection</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>LpcTune</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>StringInjector</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>0xFFFF</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 MountEFI=disk1 slide=0</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

and the refit.conf to a new combined config.plist?

This is my config.plist that I reconfigured and just tested on 1729 that gives you an idea. I don't think the DisableDrivers section is matching the correct names, but it worked anyway.

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<true/>
<key>DsdtName</key>
<string>dsdt.aml</string>
<key>EnableC6</key>
<true/>
<true/>
<true/>
<key>ResetAddress</key>
<string>0x64</string>
<key>ResetValue</key>
<string>0xFE</string>
</dict>
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<dict>
<key>CsmVideoDxe-64</key>
<true/>
<key>EmuVariableUefi-64</key>
<true/>
<key>OsxLowMemFixDrv-64</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>GUI</key>
<dict>
<key>DebugLog</key>
<false/>
<key>HideEntries</key>
<dict>
<key>Duplicate</key>
<true/>
<key>ExternalUEFI</key>
<false/>
<key>Gentoo</key>
<false/>
<key>Grub</key>
<false/>
<key>InternalUEFI</key>
<false/>
<key>OSXInstall</key>
<false/>
<key>OpticalUEFI</key>
<true/>
<key>Recovery</key>
<false/>
<key>Ubuntu</key>
<false/>
<key>WindowsEFI</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>Mouse</key>
<dict>
<key>DoubleClick</key>
<integer>500</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Mirror</key>
<false/>
<key>Speed</key>
<integer>2</integer>
</dict>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>metal</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>10</integer>
<key>Volumes</key>
<dict>
<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>CLOVERMBR</string>
</array>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<true/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Patch IOAHCIBlockStorage to enable SSD Trim</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
</dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectClockID</key>
<true/>
<key>USBFixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<string>5000</string>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBookPro9,2</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<string>0xFFFF</string>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 slide=0 arch=x86_64</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

snnail

snnail

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
My only concern is Anyone here get fully function app store, icloud, etc?

I read the whole post and saw some one got working app store, icloud etc, such as Thomas1111, 68x

After searching around and I found you have to have a working ethernet card in the system and must set it to en0 otherwise app store ,icloud will never work.

But this laptop does not have a build in ethernet card, only wifi, how can you guys get fully function app store, icloud?

And I saw some of you replaced your wifi card with a apple brand wifi card, did that really help?

My MOBO has 2 LAN ports and there is no driver for the chipset so I bought a genus apple wifi card to get internet.
I did every possible solution(efi studio to add device ID, delete network....) that I can find and still cannot login app store, icloud etc.

Any advices?

Thanks

Sam

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

My only concern is Anyone here get fully function app store, icloud, etc?

I read the whole post and saw some one got working app store, icloud etc, such as Thomas1111, 68x

After searching around and I found you have to have a working ethernet card in the system and must set it to en0 otherwise app store ,icloud will never work.

But this laptop does not have a build in ethernet card, only wifi, how can you guys get fully function app store, icloud?

And I saw some of you replaced your wifi card with a apple brand wifi card, did that really help?

My MOBO has 2 LAN ports and there is no driver for the chipset so I bought a genus apple wifi card to get internet.
I did every possible solution(efi studio to add device ID, delete network....) that I can find and still cannot login app store, icloud etc.

Any advices?

Thanks

Sam

You need to buy a compatible wireless card. If I were you, go for a BT + Wifi combo card (kext patching needed and hardware modding). MBA does not have a built-in ethernet yet it is able access to the App Store and iCloud.

snnail

snnail

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You need to buy a compatible wireless card. If I were you, go for a BT + Wifi combo card (kext patching needed and hardware modding). MBA does not have a built-in ethernet yet it is able access to the App Store and iCloud.

Exactly. I double checked my MBA, wifi card using en0.

But I bought this one Apple Macbook A1181 BCM94322MC Dual Band Wireless Card Tested Original
from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649
I think it is a compatible card, right? With native support and airdrop works OOB.

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Exactly. I double checked my MBA, wifi card using en0.

But I bought this one Apple Macbook A1181 BCM94322MC Dual Band Wireless Card Tested Original
from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649
I think it is a compatible card, right? With native support and airdrop works OOB.

It won't fit into a Zenbook. You need a half-mini PCIE wireless card.

Pick one from this list, http://i.imgur.com/AP72oDE.jpg

adisor19

adisor19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Thank you for your EXTRA folder ! With your DSDT, i managed to get the keyboard backlight working with the FN driver from Dinesh !

Is your Atheros card working without any extra kext or are you using AirportAtheros40.kext to make it work ?

Thanks,

Adi

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Thank you for your EXTRA folder ! With your DSDT, i managed to get the keyboard backlight working with the FN driver from Dinesh !

Is your Atheros card working without any extra kext or are you using AirportAtheros40.kext to make it work ?

Thanks,

Adi

My card is natively supported. I didn't go for a wifi + BT combo card.

adisor19

adisor19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

My card is natively supported. I didn't go for a wifi + BT combo card.

Ah I see.. Perhaps that's my issue.. I was under the impression that it was to be natively supported by OS X with the proper DSDT patch.

Thanks for the info.

Adi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy