951 replies to this topic

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi Thomas,

Do I need 10.8? I have 10.8.2 from my App Store but I can't get it to boot. Anyone use 10.8.2 from App Store?

I got it work using the appstore. One thing I found that helped was to manually mount the .dmg inside the app store app. Then once created the USB, I started up the installer with "-x". It was pretty straightforward from there on in.

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.
Removed references

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

When you mount the EFI partition do this:
EFI (The Folder not the parition) -> ACPI -> patched
Place the DSDT there.

This would be the DSDT and SSDT attached to nhart12's original post of this thread. Right?

On a side note, please make sure that your drivers64UEFI folder has ONLY the files that pippo attached!

Actually pippo's attached folder has two files that I don't: DataHubDxe-64.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. Should I add those?

And your instructions seem to suggest setting smbios as MacBookPro9,2 but nhart12's original post seems to say that 8,1 is the best choice for UX31A. So which one is right?

Thanks!

taney

taney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Did you tryed with the -x flag ?
If not work, i don't know how to
I'm using the 10.8.0 InstallESD.dmg
10.8.2 update need to be installed before all, else macos won't boot

I got it work using the appstore. One thing I found that helped was to manually mount the .dmg inside the app store app. Then once created the USB, I started up the installer with "-x". It was pretty straightforward from there on in.

Thanks for the follow up. I'll try that out.

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.
Removed references.

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
One thing missing for THE perfect hackbook: No fan noise.

- There is a tool for windows stopping the fan most time. (It's not perfect since the fan spins up occasionally.)
This tool just overwrites a parameter of the EC very often. http://www.computerb...d.php?t=1070494

-Maybe this is the way to go: http://forum.noteboo...32a-ux32vd.html
(I haven't tried it yet on Linux)

By the way: It seems to be really save to stop the fan most time. In normal use the CPU stays under 65C without any fan (BIOS/ACPI spins up the fan from around 58C). Our CPU is specified up to 100C. So this would be far away. And the case is also just handwarm.

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Duklaa:

I'm thinkig that the best smbios is the 9,2 cause the macs 9,x have ivy bridge processors
About the files, just replace the whole folder

68x

68x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

This would be the DSDT and SSDT attached to nhart12's original post of this thread. Right?

Actually pippo's attached folder has two files that I don't: DataHubDxe-64.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi. Should I add those?

And your instructions seem to suggest setting smbios as MacBookPro9,2 but nhart12's original post seems to say that 8,1 is the best choice for UX31A. So which one is right?

Thanks!

Use Pippo's files for the Clover bootloader. You can always replace the SMBIOS with your own.

mani_bond007

mani_bond007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Newbee Question.
Can I install OS X 10.8.2 directly on my PC [I have a UX 31A Zenbook Prime]
Since the install instructions are for 10.8.

spuke

spuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Newbee Question.
Can I install OS X 10.8.2 directly on my PC [I have a UX 31A Zenbook Prime]
Since the install instructions are for 10.8.

When you boot up 10.8 in safe mode (-x flag) for the first time you need to first install the 10.8.2 combo update (which can be found on the Apple website for example) before you do anything else and reboot the system. Check the guide on the previous page.

One thing missing for THE perfect hackbook: No fan noise.

- There is a tool for windows stopping the fan most time. (It's not perfect since the fan spins up occasionally.)
This tool just overwrites a parameter of the EC very often. http://www.computerb...d.php?t=1070494

-Maybe this is the way to go: http://forum.noteboo...32a-ux32vd.html
(I haven't tried it yet on Linux)

By the way: It seems to be really save to stop the fan most time. In normal use the CPU stays under 65C without any fan (BIOS/ACPI spins up the fan from around 58C). Our CPU is specified up to 100C. So this would be far away. And the case is also just handwarm.

Thanks a lot for this handy tip, I didn't know this existed! I've been looking for various ways aswell to stop the irritating fan popping in periodically, drives me crazy when I'm in a quiet room and I knew the Zenbook is capable of just passive cooling when it's not being used intensively.

olvko

olvko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Ux32VD:
Here is a dsdt with his kext and all fn keys are working but f9

fn + arrows : page up, down, home & end

aditional : fn + space open your music, C previous, P next

Changes : added f3, f4

i'm running mac os with clover ! :) i'm searching how to boot my windows 8 too, anyone know?

Hi,

can You make a patch with changes You added to DSDT for Fn keys to work?

I am getting problem with every DSDT I download here (probably because my UX32VD is i5, not i7 version) so I am stick to Clover only and it's automatic DSDT patching.

Thanks in advance.

olvko

olvko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
OK, I think I figured out everything You added to DSDT to get Fn keys working. But post a patch anyway if You can :).

My new hackintosh was working before with Clover (with previous computers I used always PC_EFI or Chameleon so that was my first try with EFI loader).

Installation couple weeks ago was quite usual and everything was working with Clover DSDT patcher, except battery, brightness and function keys. WiFi was changed so now it works, sound by VoodooHDA (my tries to patch AppleHDA was unsuccessful).

Now with your files I got battery indicator working and finally Fn keys works OK (brightness has to be set in Keyboard shortcuts to F5 and F6 - maybe I missed something in DSDT analyze, so still patch would be usefull for me to see if I missed anything).

SSDT seem to work as well and sleeping does not reset computer now (but after couple seconds the system is beeing woken up again, it's still usefull to get display working if it starts blank.

Ahh, I still have problem with black display. About half of bootings the system boots into black screen. Any better fixes?

So here is my DSDT for my Asus UX32VD i5 edition (1366x768 display) - it's 212 Firware wersion DSDT with Clover shutdown, display, USB and audio fix; with added parts to get Fn keys work and also copied audio HDEF part, but that is still not working with vanilla driver.

Thanks a lot and bye!

Attached Files

taney

taney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Removed

hi pippo,

do you have the i5 or i7 version of the UX32VD?

Edited by Lejenk, 29 March 2013 - 03:58 PM.
Removed quote

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I just tried to connect a logitech USB mouse and got KP. Then clover couldn't boot the system with the mouse attached (kept rebooting in a loop without even getting to single user prompt). By disconnecting the mouse, I could boot again. Booted to single user and connected the mouse (didn't get KP)...then typed exit to get to the login screen....but no keyboard/trackpad/mouse worked.

Any idea why I can't use an external USB mouse?

Thomas2111

Thomas2111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
to get fn keys on every zenbook :
- USE DSDT EDITOR TO OPEN YOUR DSDT.AML, if you need, it can create one for you (atm you will not have any optimisation, you'll need to add the others methods)
methods for FN keys :
1/ find the method called SLKB (use the search )
and add just under it :
		 Method (SKBL, 1, NotSerialized)\
		 \{\
			 Store (Arg0, KBLV)\
			 Store (DerefOf (Index (PWKB, KBLV)), Local0)\
			 ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x044B, Local0)\
			 Return (One)\
		 \}\
to get this :
		 Method (SLKB, 1, NotSerialized)\
		 \{\
			 Store (And (Arg0, 0x7F), KBLV)\
			 If (And (Arg0, 0x80))\
			 \{\
			 \}\
			 Else\
			 \{\
				 Store (Zero, Local0)\
			 \}\
			 Return (One)\
		 \}\
		 Method (SKBL, 1, NotSerialized)\
		 \{\
			 Store (Arg0, KBLV)\
			 Return (One)\
		 \}\

2/ search your method called _Q0E and veryfy it is like this : ELSE, EDIT IT :)
	 Method (_Q0E, 0, NotSerialized)\
	 \{\
		 If (LGreater (LBTN, Zero))\
		 \{\
			 Decrement (LBTN)\
		 \}\
		 If (LGreater (LBTN, 0x0A))\
		 \{\
			 Store (0x0A, LBTN)\
		 \}\
		 STBR ()\
		 If (ATKP)\
		 \{\
			 ^^^^ATKD.IANE (Add (LBTN, 0x20))\
		 \}\
3/ search your method called _Q0F and veryfy it is like this : ELSE, EDIT IT :)
	 Method (_Q0F, 0, NotSerialized)\
	 \{\
		 If (LLess (LBTN, 0x0A))\
		 \{\
			 Increment (LBTN)\
		 \}\
		 Else\
		 \{\
			 Store (0x0A, LBTN)\
		 \}\
		 STBR ()\
		 If (ATKP)\
		 \{\
			 ^^^^ATKD.IANE (Add (LBTN, 0x10))\
		 \}\
NOW you can click on the IASL menu, complie, fix errors
an then clic again on IASL menu, Save AML as DSDT.AML
AT THIS MOMENT YOU HAVE THE SAME METHODS AS ME IN YOUR DSDT FOR FN KEYS

I'm not sure yet that work cause i just have an ux32VD, so please report yours results on others zenbook
hope it helps !
don't forget to use the kext

Attached Files

pippo

pippo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

hi pippo,

do you have the i5 or i7 version of the UX32VD?

Hey man, i have the core i7. UX32VD-4002P

Sup?

taney

taney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Hey man, i have the core i7. UX32VD-4002P

Sup?

sweet! just checking as I want to use your dsdt without problems. thank you! :D

spuke

spuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

INSTALLATION TUTORIAL ML 10.8 on Zenbook UX32VD (works for other zenbooks too)

Thanks for the guide, but I'm really struggling to get it working, I've been trying for hours to get Clover running but without results, I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I add Clover to the boot option as I should but I always get a black screen and nothing happens. I've got some questions that could help me:

Where is the EFI partition located? Is it on the internal SSD (disk1s1) or the HDD (disk0s1), in your guide it says disk0 so it should be the HDD, although when you add it as a boot option in the BIOS you say select the iSSD, so shouldn't it be disk1s1 that you need to format and mount and do all the config on?

Plus, isn't there a step missing in the guide where you copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition?
"----# diskutil list
----# sudo newfs_msdos -v Fat32 -F 32 /dev/disk0s1"
and then in the next step you say
"mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /mnt
cd /mnt/EFI/drivers64UEFI"
and assume that there are files there, while you have just formatted that drive before? I was confused and assumed you had to copy the EFI files installed on your Mountain Lion partition to the EFI partition, correct?

My setup is as following:
disk 0: Recovery Partition (300MB) / EFI System Partition / Windows 8 partition
disk 1 (iSSD): EFI System Partition (200MB) / OS X 10.8

Edit: I've now tried solving it by putting the EFI folder on an USB stick and I can finally get into Clover, but starting OSX just hangs immediately..

I so badly want to get this working in 64 bit, but I've been stuck for hours now :/. Has someone who has it working already benchmarked it? Does it actually run pretty much twice as fast now (as it should be) compared to Chameleon method?

duklaa

duklaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Is the USB ethernet dongle that came with the UX31A working for anyone? Do I need to do something to make it work? I don't see it under devices in the Network preferences.

rwitgitw

rwitgitw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I am happy to report after some soldering work (a little trickier than I thought), Atheros 9285 card is finally fully functional. Hopefully this will be the last time I open this baby up. :-)

cyf

cyf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Is the USB ethernet dongle that came with the UX31A working for anyone? Do I need to do something to make it work? I don't see it under devices in the Network preferences.

Take the AX88772.kext out from the enclosed file and put it in your IONetworkingFamily.kext. Rebuild and fix permissions, etc.

Thanks for the guide, but I'm really struggling to get it working, I've been trying for hours to get Clover running but without results, I don't understand what I am doing wrong. I add Clover to the boot option as I should but I always get a black screen and nothing happens. I've got some questions that could help me:

Yeah, once you mount the EFI directory, you need to copy your EFI files from your USB stick into that partition. In your case, it would be /mnt/EFI.

Basically, if you can mount the EFI partition on the desktop, you can even drag the EFI folder on your USB drive over to the partition (drag the EFI folder so it copies the folder, not just the contents).

I'm not familiar with dual drive setup, but you may want to visit here:

http://www.osx86.net...loader-115.html

Attached Files

SeppDepp

SeppDepp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Anybody using an USB audio device on a Zenbook?

I've tried two devices. Both don't show up in Sound preferences. One is the C Media based Logilink 7.1 USB audio. The other is a Terratec Subsession USB speaker.

It seams there is some compatibility problem between the USB audio device an the USB 3.0 host on the Zenbook. (It works well on a Mountain Lion ThinkPad.)

Any ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy