ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

First, let's make sure that your Intel HD 4000 has a device-id of 0x09 (open up System Profiler and go to Graphics, take a screenshot and I'll confirm for you).

I open System Profiler and can navigate everything but Graphics. The screen goes black. Is there any other way?

AFAIK, I'm not using any DSDT. I've followed phelics12 instructions (installed Clover, replaced some EFI stuff with his EFI stuff like ACPI/mini, ACPI/patched, OEM etc.) I've also installed the kexts he made available but with two differences:

1) I use your config.plist (MacbookAir5,2)

2) I've installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from the installer (so I'm using the vanilla kext as you instructed before).

AFAIK, I'm not using any DSDT. I've followed phelics12 instructions (installed Clover, replaced some EFI stuff with his EFI stuff like ACPI/mini, ACPI/patched, OEM etc.) I've also installed the kexts he made available but with two differences:

1) I use your config.plist (MacbookAir5,2)

2) I've installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext from the installer (so I'm using the vanilla kext as you instructed before).

You ARE using a DSDT (it is located under EFI -> ACPI -> Patched). It enables more hardware functionality and adds stability.

Try to get a more up to date version rather than using phelics12. Look back in the last 2 pages, I am sure that I attached one.

You ARE using a DSDT (it is located under EFI -> ACPI -> Patched). It enables more hardware functionality and adds stability.

Try to get a more up to date version rather than using phelics12. Look back in the last 2 pages, I am sure that I attached one.

I've mounted my EFI partition and replaced (ofc, I've made a backup first) the existing DSDT.aml (83081 bytes) with yours (#311) (83002 bytes), rebooted and the behavior is the same. Do I need to force anything on Clover?

The DSDT backup is in the same folder, but named DSDT.aml.ORIG. Does this cause any kind of trouble?

First, let's make sure that your Intel HD 4000 has a device-id of 0x09 (open up System Profiler and go to Graphics, take a screenshot and I'll confirm for you).

I also have gotten HDMI audio to work, with min-vga without any freezing. I'll release the patched kext after I do more testing.

OK! Just wait for patched kext :D

Some more info:

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-19%20at%202.54.01%20PM.png

Yes, I've "hacked" my config.plist a little bit in EFI\OEM\MacbookAir5,2\config.plist. But the screen going black issue already existed.

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-19%20at%203.45.29%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-19%20at%203.45.53%20PM.png

OK! Just wait for patched kext :D

Do you have the same issue?

The HDMI will still freeze, however, to work around this plug in your VGA cable then connect your HDMI cable.

Will this fix my black screen issues (not external monitor, but LCD).

I'm not sure if my SMBIOS (config plist) is cranking my system, because now I can't log-in into Apple Store and sometimes the system reboots on itself. Any ideas?

UPDATE

It doesn't fix my screen issues. It still goes black randomly at boot and when I hit About This Mac -> More Info.

Also, regarding App Store, removed the MacbookAir5,2 folder from my EFI\OEM but it also didn't make any magic happen. :-(

The more I think I know about hackintosh, the less I really know about it!

I didn't have any issue with About This Mac -> More Info.

post-1130016-0-45382100-1363837418_thumb.png

post-1130016-0-90643600-1363837517_thumb.png

Whose instructions did you follow? phelics12? Did you installed or changed anything related to 68x instructions? (kext, config.plist, etc.)?

I didn't have any issue with About This Mac -> More Info.

post-1130016-0-45382100-1363837418_thumb.png

post-1130016-0-90643600-1363837517_thumb.png

Just noticed you have a config.plist changed to show Zenbook info. Btw, where did you get your serial number and such?

I follow the phelics12 both guide and kexts. It is all work perfect except sleep. I didn't use DSDT of phelics12 nor 68x because I have a different model. UX32A so I have to modify my own DSDT. I tried 68x's kext & config but doesn't solve my sleep problem.

For Zenbook in About This Mac, it is just a MacBookPro8,1 and valid serial that I generated from Chameleon Wizard :D Follow the guide here if you want to do like me. and here is the icon of it in case you lazy to create one http://ubuntuone.com...JzzsZmlf0dkgIxs :D

Edited by Lejenk
Removed URL
  • Like 1

Who can confirm to have a correctly working speedstepping?

With als states from 800MHz over 2.4GHz to turbo bust 2.9/3.0GHz!?

Anybody with correctly working speedstepping on UX32VD?... please share the complete settings (EFI folder, Extensions,...)!?

(Mine only jumps between 800 and 1.8 and battery time is awfull 2,5h. It's 5+ on windows.)

I follow the phelics12 both guide and kexts. It is all work perfect except sleep. I didn't use DSDT of phelics12 nor 68x because I have a different model. UX32A so I have to modify my own DSDT. I tried 68x's kext & config but doesn't solve my sleep problem.

For Zenbook in About This Mac, it is just a MacBookPro8,1 and valid serial that I generated from Chameleon Wizard :D Follow the guide here if you want to do like me.and here is the icon of it in case you lazy to create one http://ubuntuone.com...JzzsZmlf0dkgIxs :D

Can you log into App Store?

Edited by Lejenk
Removed URL

12rithy, you need a valid SSDT, use the script which I linked to on the previous page. It will enable sleep for you and enhance performance in the long run.

OK, I will try it.

Edit: Man, I used that script too and I still having the sleep problem. What is your command argument? And how you place SSDT in Clover folder?

Who can confirm to have a correctly working speedstepping?

With als states from 800MHz over 2.4GHz to turbo bust 2.9/3.0GHz!?

Anybody with correctly working speedstepping on UX32VD?... please share the complete settings (EFI folder, Extensions,...)!?

(Mine only jumps between 800 and 1.8 and battery time is awfull 2,5h. It's 5+ on windows.)

Try SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1.

Can you log into App Store?

Unless you replace your Intel Wireless with Atheros or Broadcom :D

You need to create folder as well. Use Chameleon Wizard to get information.

Generated new SSDT from the generator script and it give me a nice number

kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(28)
kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 11 14 16 17 25 28
kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)
kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(11)

Generated new SSDT from the generator script and it give me a nice number

kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(28)
kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)
kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(11)

Very nice indeed! What is your setup?

Chameleon/Clover? Extensions? config.plist?

• Like 1