OS X 10.8.1 Released

ileikcaek

46 posts in this topic

About OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.1

This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

• Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
  • Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
  • Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
  • Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
  • Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
  • Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
  • Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
  • Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5418.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

I updated no issues at all and no need to replace any kexts. it was 7.28MB for me.

• Like 2

softwareupdate thru appstore went fine...now on 10.8.1

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.1 (12B19)

Kernel Version: Darwin 12.1.0

Boot Volume: MountainLion

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: Leslie’s Mac Pro

User Name: Leslie (leslie)

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

Time since boot: 8 minutes

Hi there.

Here was so sweet to update!

No problems at all.

But, one little thing is quite strange... the AppStore still telling me that 10.8.1 version is available even after the install.

Don't understand that but no big deal at all.

Cheers,

bb.

Initial update took less than a minute to update and restart. Now I've got another update (10.8.1) in the app-store at 4.34 gig. Anyone else noticing this?

is the new image from apple store including 10.8.1

good hack

Yep...if one decides to update directly through the package on Apple website then afterwards pops up in software update the 10.8.1 full image installer do download.

All my hacks were updated without any issues. Keep em'coming Apple! :)

Curiously, it does not appears for me in the App Store, so i downloaded it using the link Jack provided.

At the App Store, though, there's a general description of what the update fixes. Since i tend to guide myself by the quote "if it's not broken, then don't fix it", and since i'm neither experiencing any of the glitches reported at the App Store reviews, nor need pinyin, exchange and thunderbolt fixes because i'm not chinese, don't use exchange and don't have thunderbolt ports in my Asus T101-MT, and unless someone wiser than me gives a good reason on the contrary, i'm waiting the 10.8.2 combo. :)

Stay away from it it broke my perfectly really good working 10.8. I downloaded with the link from jack butlers post.

Such an warning / comment about OS X updates is complete useless if you dont tell others what exact is "broken" , what special patches your hardware already use+need (beside dsdt + chameleon) and what system hardware parts you have.

For sure, the more extra patches + special install tools (.kext and framework patches) or other special things your system need beside normal dsdt + chameleon + vanilla system parts, the more risk is each update if you dont have your needed patched also installed (before reboot!)

I see no problem with 10.8.1 in general - it has near nothing changed in the .kext / framework parts. So an very safe update!

In the new 10.8.2 dev build (i use) there is much more changed / updated (= normal ;) ) - such install may run in problems / needs some additional work before rebboting.

But my 10.8.2 runs well - i only used patchted RTC.

Initial update took less than a minute to update and restart. Now I've got another update (10.8.1) in the app-store at 4.34 gig. Anyone else noticing this?

This has now disappeared, although I did use the appstore update rather than stand-alone...

Update went fine trough the .dmg installer.

But most important thing, is that my setup have now two working natively USB 3.0 ports (those related to the 7 Series/C210 chipset).

With the 10.8 version, all the USB 3.0 ports were unusable (nothing happened when a device was plugged).

Now at least 2 on 4 are working. The non working ones are related to the ASMedia USB bus controller.

zvqxxd.jpg