Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

FYI,

the kernel won't work with ML-10.8.2 !!!

you will get the AppleACPIPlatform panic ---> it's the same issue as osx86 Intel's

Google: 10.8.2 appleacpiplatform problem

I've already tried to roll back the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and also the system.kext with the older ones from ML-10.8.0

but the same KP still occurs

EDIT:

Sinetek's 12.0.0 kernel still can be used (compatible) with the osx ML-10.8.2 (12C54)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-thoughts-about-mountain-lion-with-amd-yes-amd/page__st__1140#entry1876937

@Sinetek: any chance we could get the diff please?

I'd love to make a 10.8.2 kernel with your patches and ours...

I'll also mod the kernel name to SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo. You deserve it ;)

• Like 3

@Sinetek: any chance we could get the diff please?

I'd love to make a 10.8.2 kernel with your patches and ours...

I'll also mod the kernel name to SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo. You deserve it ;)

I do think we need to make sure that each time a kernel is released we get patches. Legally the APSL requires it and I made the mistake of not releasing patches when hacking on the Chameleon bootloader. I was asked nicely but firmly by the team to ensure all patches were published at the time binaries were released.

I do think we need to make sure that each time a kernel is released we get patches. Legally the APSL requires it and I made the mistake of not releasing patches when hacking on the Chameleon bootloader. I was asked nicely but firmly by the team to ensure all patches were published at the time binaries were released.

IMO patches aren't necessary for every release, just when a nice milestone is achieved (like AMD on ML booting). No need to release patch for 1 different printf etc. :D

I'm also going to give a gift here later today...

To celebrate I'm going to give 40 redeem codes for my app store apps later today to make 40 people happy.

You may or may not know them:

- PPF-O-Matic 4.5.0

- PPF-O-Maker 4.5.0

- AnVCrypto 1.0

Use 1 redeem code of each per person please ;)

done.jpg

Finaly fixed the mess in my head and posting Another Winner .....Very Good Job Guys

...still having artifical Grafik squares with a 5770 full detected now and then ....BUT IM IN GUI thats all that matters at the moment i guess

Here you go...

1 of each per person please... ;)

My new year gift... 40 redeem codes of my apps... :D

To celebrate the new kernel :)

They work on SL and above BTW...

Just hope we get 40 people within 60 days ;) the codes are that long valid... redeem while you can (best immediately)

PPF-O-Maker_4.5.0_20121231045539.txt

PPF-O-Matic_4.5.0_20121231045737.txt

AnVCrypto_1.00_20121231050153.txt

• Like 3

First of all, a huge thank you to everybody. AnV, thanks for your codes, now if only your apps fixed the "unknown error has occured"! ;)

Second of all, could the people who got to a working desktop please detail how they did it?

Third of all, could someone please upload a 10.8.2 kernel? The current kernel cannot be used by those like me who didn't buy Mountain Lion until the .2 update. :(

Again, thanks to all, and most importantly I wish everyone a happy new year! :thumbsup_anim:

Second of all, could the people who got to a working desktop please detail how they did it?

offcourse :

1st try was with myhack 10.8.1 Installer + added corecrypto.kext and latest Kernel ....Booted into Grey Screen and got CPU halted when launchd was started ..... couldnt fix that !!

2nd try was with a clone from MBP 10.8.2 rollback from IOPCIPlatform.kext ACPIPlatformKext and IOAHCIFamily.kext same kext and kernel as from above (10.8.0 + corecrypto) loaded the OS but no gui

3rd try installed on intel box with myhack 10.8.1 with one of the latest Bootloaders normal important 64 bit kexts DSDT from SL replaced corecrypto + latest kernel booted verbose npci=0x2000 ignored cache and BAM !

and yeah Happy NEW Year to all !

Alright, so i'm able to boot ( -v npci=0x300 ), but it will stop at a white screen with the mouse cursor on it, which i can move tho... From time to time it disappears and reappears again..

I tried GraphicsEnabler=No as well as PCIRootUID=1.

CPU = X4 965, GPU = ATI Radeon HD 6970

Alright, so i'm able to boot ( -v npci=0x300 ), but it will stop at a white screen with the mouse cursor on it, which i can move tho... From time to time it disappears and reappears again..

I tried GraphicsEnabler=No as well as PCIRootUID=1.

CPU = X4 965, GPU = ATI Radeon HD 6970

Try

GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Pithecia

I believe Pithecia is the 6000 series framebuffer...

Edit: oh yeah... I remember installing on an AMD 6000 series pc.

Had to move the ATI*.kext files from /S/L/E into another folder. Install and then from OS X add them manually. It worked then...

IMO patches aren't necessary for every release, just when a nice milestone is achieved (like AMD on ML booting). No need to release patch for 1 different printf etc. :D

Well legally you do with the APSL, but let's make sure we get this when everyone is happy with the final result. Has anyone thought of setting up something on say GitHub so it can be easily retrieved plus allow some co-operation?

Also I just want to say what great work this is, and fantastic progress thanks to those dedicated to getting this working.

• Like 1

I'm using 10.8 on a USB using myHack. GPU is still HD 6970 :D

After some testing i can say:

Fresh 10.8 with corecrypto and the kernel -> stuck on white screen where i can move the mouse but it will dis- and reappear from time to time.

Without ATI kext's -> goes till bluetooth something and just sits there doing nothing. No GUI, just the white text.

Without ATi kext's and GraphicsEnabler=No -> gray screen with movable mouse, wich switches to a black screen with a little white rectangle in the top back to gray and so on

theconnactic is it possible for you to edit your first post with the new kernel and the corecrypto kext? it would make file downloading much easier (I cant seem to find anv's Corecrypto.kext) or is it just a simple 10.8.2 version of the kext?

• Like 1