Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I found problem !!!

Why on AMD with x86_64 bit don't show support "NVKernel" ???

See picture !!! Maybe problem inject driver ???

post-31928-0-25935100-1370557131_thumb.png

Where are the drivers?

It's running on IONDRVSupport (minimal framebuffee)... :o

• Like 2

hi people

first of all, i dont have a deep knowledge to fundament the question im about to ask, i was just thinking about the issue, maybe im wrogn,...so feel free to ignore.

after months of testing -amd cpu- i realised that the 32-bit builds of kernel and userland binaries works almost as expected (with very few exceptions). but the 64-bit builds of the same binaries are buggy.

with this in mind, i was wondering: the issue is somewhere in the 64-bit side of the kernel. fixing this hypotetical kernel issue will fix all the 64-bit related issues.

and here it comes the nvidia problem! with this assumption, that issue would not be in the nvidia driver modules, but instead its somewhere inside the kernel.

what think about this?

thanks in advance

I have a Ati 7870Xt With amd piledriver this card work with artifact only in desktop.... for work in game i add the string of my card in amdradeonacceletaror.kext In Cedar game card

With This Trics??? In lion 10.8.3 work all game Glbenchmark etc with any artifacts

On intel i tried ati5770 and super without artifacts .

On AMD with artifacts !

What secret ??? =)))

see video here !

That´s no secrect....

So it looks like it has something to do with the kernel or the emulator in it.

Could it be that the delay time induced by the emulation cause such errors?

Sorry for my english... Yes in the desktop i have atifact with 10.8 10.8.2...10.8.3 etc ------- in game e in benchmark all ok with the kernel on first page :D

Work video vlc Skype with videocall with only add this string in info.plist in amdradeon accelerator i tried 5850 5870 5830 and 7870 xt taiity :D

• Like 1

Hey Bronya don't forget what my specs are: P4631 mobo GA-VM900M (Via) and the card a nvidia gt 440...

It would be helpful if someone with a nforce or amd chipset and nvidia card could post a ioreg for you to compare those values, it wouldn't?

We need to check if those values of the pci2pcibridge on nforce chipsets are also on 32bit then we can possibly blame it for the graphics corruption.

Hello ! you can test on yours mobo GA-VM900M+P4631 video card ati 5770 ? :) ??? Because your p4631 without ssse3 ! :)

• Like 1

That´s no secrect....

So it looks like it has something to do with the kernel or the emulator in it.

Could it be that the delay time induced by the emulation cause such errors?

Hi !

Man with name "+ira" have processor p4631 without instruction ssse3 ! It is mach_kernel with emulator ssse3 .

But working fine nvidia .Why ?

I think that maybe problem instructions - it is without "sysenter","sysexit", "MONITOR,MWAIT" or others instruction ...

• Like 5

Hello ! you can test on yours mobo GA-VM900M+P4631 video card ati 5770 ? ??? Because your p4631 without ssse3 !

Hmm, it's hard for me to say, i only have that nvidia card so i would need to buy this ATI card, for the time I don't know where I can get this, will take a look...

• Like 1

here are a few adjustments to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Nvidia GTX 550 Ti, unfortunately, the graphics are not top

• OpenCL does not work

Bild1.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Bild3.jpg

Bild4.jpg

Bild5.jpg

Bild6.jpg

Bild7.jpg

then I get a message that no PCI cards have been found in the search? :rolleyes:it's no longer fun  :( 

Salut gils :)

Sur mon AMD, ma HD 7750 et une carte PCI-E 3.0

Je suis en vacance en's moment, quand je suis de retour je peu teste si tu veux :-)

Hi gils :)

On my AMD, my HD 7750 is a PCI-E 3.0 card.

I am traveling at the moment, when I am back I can test it if you want :-)

• Like 2

Hello ! you can test on yours mobo GA-VM900M+P4631 video card ati 5770 ? :) ??? Because your p4631 without ssse3 ! :)

Whats up Bronya? Well, i have bad news. I've searched in Mercado Livre (Kind of Latin American eBay) and found these two cards from sellers that are near me:

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-481702823-placa-de-video-ati-radeon-xfx-hd5770-1gb-gddr5-128bits-_JM

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-487673087-placa-video-ati-amd-radeon-hd5770-1gb-ddr5-128bits-pcie-xfx-_JM

They are already used products, but for my surprise these cards are too pricey for my monthly budget at the current time, thanks to Brazilian taxes policy. Anyway, if you can suggest another cheaper card it would be great. For the time, i can afford around $100~200, keep it in mind ok? Best regards! :)

Whats up Bronya? Well, i have bad news. I've searched in Mercado Livre (Kind of Latin American eBay) and found these two cards from sellers that are near me:

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-481702823-placa-de-video-ati-radeon-xfx-hd5770-1gb-gddr5-128bits-_JM

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-487673087-placa-video-ati-amd-radeon-hd5770-1gb-ddr5-128bits-pcie-xfx-_JM

They are already used products, but for my surprise these cards are too pricey for my monthly budget at the current time, thanks to Brazilian taxes policy. Anyway, if you can suggest another cheaper card it would be great. For the time, i can afford around $100~200, keep it in mind ok? Best regards! :)

Clearly! Then it isn't obligatory to buy. If there is a desire buy that buy, and so you don't suffer. :)

Gils83.

English:

I have a Radeon HD 7750! but I can not test. I also use the "FBrotate" to get out of the white screen and enter the interface of OS X ML.

Do you think that in OS X 10.9, we will not need this "FBrotate"?

Français:

J'ai une Radeon HD 7750! mais je ne peux pas tester. J'utilise aussi le "FBrotate" pour sortir de l'écran blanc et entrer dans l'interface de Mac OS X ML.

Pensez-vous que dans OS X 10.9, nous n'aurons pas besoin de cette "FBrotate»?

Português:

Eu tenho a Radeon HD 7750! mas não tenho como testar. Eu uso também o "FBrotate" para poder sair da tela branca e entrar na interface do OS X ML.

Você acha que no OS X 10.9, não precisaremos mais desse "FBrotate"?

:)

hello ,

comme vous avez pu voir , l'Extensions ATI/AMD a quelque peu était moifié (retour aux fondamentaux  :D  ) sur OS X 10.9 , d'où l'idée était de récuperer les pilotes graphiques ATI de OS X 10.9 et de les installer sur ML 10.8.4 , "la mariée était trop belle "  ça ne marche pas  :(

Si vous avez des idées ??

as you can see, Extensions ATI / AMD was somewhat moifié (back to basics: D) on OS X 10.9, where the idea was to retrieve the ATI graphics drivers for OS X 10.9 and install ML on 10.8.4, "the bride was too good" it does not work: (

If you have any ideas?

351912Capturede769cran20130613a768153405

tested, I confirm it does not work on Mlion

Hello,

i also tried this kernel and used it with a Radeon HD7870 and Phenom II 955,and like the most people here, got the graphic artifacts and glitches. As far as i followed this problem doesn't appear when you are using a Bulldozer CPU. So my question is will it help to buy a new FX Cpu to use it with my old mainboard or should i completely upgrade my PC with a new Intel Setup. 

Thanks in Advance!

I made a 10.8.3 kernel.

I also modified the opemu sources so that if it encounters an invalid opcode it will print 8B of the instruction buffer.

This way we can trace this in both kernel space and user space.

Invalid opcode in kernel opemu will also no longer call panic trap but just show the above and return.

I hope this will make VMWare / VirtualBox work with the opemu.

I also modified the code for the processor flag.

On Intel CPU it will use the MSR and on AMD CPU it will always set it to 1.

It is the value in sysctl -a like this:

machdep.cpu.processor_flag: 1

So I put this for AMD also on 1.

Sources are included.

Could you guys please test and report back?

Thx. 

amd_kernel.zip

SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_RC5.diff.zip

• Like 9