200 replies to this topic

KelchElch

KelchElch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I also have the problem with the black screen after booting the USB Stick. I used 2 different graphic cards (NVidea 285 GTX and NVidea 9800 GT) but without results. GraphicsEnabler is set to <Yes> and I added <PciRootUID=1> as recommended by herbalb in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but nothing happens than a black screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0nn0

0nn0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi,

I also have the problem with the black screen after booting the USB Stick. I used 2 different graphic cards (NVidea 285 GTX and NVidea 9800 GT) but without results. GraphicsEnabler is set to <Yes> and I added <PciRootUID=1> as recommended by herbalb in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist but nothing happens than a black screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try to use only one card, I suggest 9800GT.

sickr1rider

sickr1rider

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Any ideas on getting sleep to work? Everything else works great but when I choose sleep it turns my display off but computer stays on. I have to hold power for 5secs before I can get it to restart. Is there a kext someone can point me to to fix this issue?

**Update** Installed the universal sleepenabler kext from osx86 and check the box under the energy savings settings. It does now sleep and wake but finder and other programs act very strange after sleep. Lots of beach balls and odd behavior. Everything else works great and I am so happy to be on ML!

Any ideas on getting sleep to work? Everything else works great but when I choose sleep it turns my display off but computer stays on. I have to hold power for 5secs before I can get it to restart. Is there a kext someone can point me to to fix this issue?

**Update** Installed the universal sleepenabler kext from osx86 and check the box under the energy savings settings. It does now sleep and wake but finder and other programs act very strange after sleep. Lots of beach balls and odd behavior. Everything else works great and I am so happy to be on ML!

I fixed the odd behavior in my msi 6870 twin frozr, I am not sure what part fixed it tho. I installed, VoodooTSCSync.kext, AppleRTC.kext, and ati6000Controller.kext all from osx86, after I did all that ( Not sure if all are needed) my computer is fine after waking up. Before it was really unstable and had graphics issues. Now everything is perfect. THANKS TSEUG!!!!!

KelchElch

KelchElch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi 0nno,

my mistake. I tried the 285 GTX first, and after this the 9800GT. It was always the same result: I'm able to boot to the USB Stick, but when the installation screen should appear, the screen gets black and nothing more happens.

Thanks for the reply.

0nn0

0nn0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi 0nno,

my mistake. I tried the 285 GTX first, and after this the 9800GT. It was always the same result: I'm able to boot to the USB Stick, but when the installation screen should appear, the screen gets black and nothing more happens.

Thanks for the reply.

Try to boot with Verbose Mode (with 9800GT card).
And also don't forget to add this string:

GraphicsEnabler=Y -v

alphabeta23

alphabeta23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Because internet connection in my house is very bad, I decided to ask to my friend and I got the file in .dmg.
I also have mounting and make clone using Carbon Copy Cloner to the Applications folder. But it still does not work. :(

Just open the dmg and drag & drop the ML installation app to your Applications folder. No need for CCC...

build

build

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Everything was going fine creating the Boot USB stick then when the script got to Installing Ruby I encountered a huge list of missing files and it seemed to stop?

Packages/OxfordDictionaries.pkg
140169051 100% 4.01MB/s 0:00:33 (xfer#14, to-check=2/17)
Packages/RemoteDesktop.pkg
2661653 100% 2.40MB/s 0:00:01 (xfer#15, to-check=1/17)
Packages/X11redirect.pkg
588490 100% 3.36MB/s 0:00:00 (xfer#16, to-check=0/17)

sent 3854169583 bytes received 378 bytes 4237680.00 bytes/sec
total size is 3853697988 speedup is 1.00
Copying Extra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...
Extra/DSDT.aml not found. Installing tools for DSDT auto generation...
Installing Ruby on /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/gems (from old Mac)/1.8/doc/actionpack-2.2.2/rdoc/classes/ActionController/Assertions/RoutingAssertions.src/M001491.html: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/gems (from old Mac)/1.8/doc/actionpack-2.2.2/rdoc/classes/ActionController/Assertions/RoutingAssertions.src/M001492.html: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/gems (from old Mac)/1.8/doc/actionpack-2.2.2/rdoc/classes/ActionController/Assertions/SelectorAssertions.html: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/ruby/gems (from old Mac)/1.8/doc/actionpack-2.2.2/rdoc/classes/ActionController/Assertions/SelectorAssertions.src: No such file or directory

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Everything was going fine creating the Boot USB stick then when the script got to Installing Ruby I encountered a huge list of missing files and it seemed to stop?

As mentioned before I haven't tested on Snow Leopard and unfortunately don't have access to a system running SL. Ruby is probably somewhere else, but I don't know where.

How to alleviate:

cd install
ruby patcher.rb
cp DSDT.aml Extra/
sudo ./mkboot /Volumes/Boot/

Again: This is untested.

If this works please let me know so I can put it in the guide.

luki1979

luki1979

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 117 posts
Thanks tseug
Everything went smoothly, thanks to you my old ds4 still alive and kicking hard. With 8GB and Q9550 this board still got plenty power.
I'm following your guides since Snow Leopard and have perfectly working system since.
I invested in HD5770 which works natively so I didn't had any graphics problems since.
Cheers

0nn0

0nn0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Just open the dmg and drag & drop the ML installation app to your Applications folder. No need for CCC...

I've tried before, but it still failed.

@tseug: Do you have a solution for my issues?

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I've tried before, but it still failed.

@tseug: Do you have a solution for my issues?

My only solution is to follow step 1 which tells you to buy Mountain Lion. If you, for any reason, do not follow this step you are on your own.

cooperchen

cooperchen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
@tseug, thanks a lot. every thing work fine.. :angel_not:

mb: asus p7p55d-e
mem:8gb
graphic:ati hd5770

xyu_v_palto

xyu_v_palto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi!
Could you please explain how to set timeout and turn off verbose mode in this chameleon version? I have

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>

in com.apple.Boot.plist, but it does not work - timeout is not set. And verbose mode is not set anywhere..

Everything else is working fine, thanks!

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Hi!
Could you please explain how to set timeout and turn off verbose mode in this chameleon version? I have

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>

in com.apple.Boot.plist, but it does not work - timeout is not set. And verbose mode is not set anywhere..

Everything else is working fine, thanks!

Remove -v under Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to disable verbose mode. Don't know about timeout.

xyu_v_palto

xyu_v_palto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hi 0nno,

Thanks for the reply.

Hi KelchElch. I got the same problem with 9600gt, solved it by adding efi string generated by OSX86tools to

com.apple.Boot.plist

for my card it looks like

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>----long string-----</string>

k00lrav

k00lrav

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hey guys i followed the procedure, but i am getting stuck at waiting for root device. i have one hdd and i tried it on port0 and port1. it still saying the same thing and i have ahci enabled. any ideas?

-sorry i see there is another post with still waiting for root concern, i will check that out.

xyu_v_palto

xyu_v_palto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Remove -v under Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to disable verbose mode. Don't know about timeout.

Thanks for your reply. Very strange - i had no org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, only

com.apple.Boot.plist (installed system with your guide, but added dsdt and

com.apple.Boot.plist to the flash card). Tried adding

org.chameleon.Boot.plist and changing boot options there, tried changing options in com.apple.Boot.plist - no result, system boots in verbose mode, and no timeout in boot loader (i have always to press key before system loads).

What version of chameleon is installed here?

And i gots another problem - near half times after turning on I got a light-gray screen, and loging window do not appear after it. Any ideas where may be the problem?

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Thanks for your reply. Very strange - i had no org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, only

com.apple.Boot.plist (installed system with your guide, but added dsdt and

com.apple.Boot.plist to the flash card). Tried adding

org.chameleon.Boot.plist and changing boot options there, tried changing options in com.apple.Boot.plist - no result, system boots in verbose mode, and no timeout in boot loader (i have always to press key before system loads).

What version of chameleon is installed here?

And i gots another problem - near half times after turning on I got a light-gray screen, and loging window do not appear after it. Any ideas where may be the problem?

Any information about the software used can be found in the mkboot and finalize script comments. Use org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead.

KelchElch

KelchElch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi tseug, hi 0nn0,

I succeeded in installing Mountain Lion on my EP35-DS4 board with the NVidea GTX 285 graphic card. I had to add npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 to the kernel flags. After that the screen didn't turn black so I could finish the installation.

Thanks for that,

KelchElch

mcolinp

mcolinp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I have a GA-P35-DS4 with 4GB of RAM & a nvidia 9800GT (1GB)

When I create the bootable USB; then use it to install Mountain Lion: it seems to black out after the apple boot logo; has anyone else had success with a 9800GT (1GB) ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy