[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Mountain Lion

tseug

201 posts in this topic

Please post photos of your bios settings, every screen

Sony have completely dumbed down the BIOS, the only real editable option is "Virtualization" which you can turn on and off, apparently you have to hack the BIOS to enable more settings, but I can't find any help on how to do it for my model of Vaio :(

I have a short question to 10.8.1 with no sound on a GA-P35-DS4 with F14 BIOS. I tried to get the sound working but with no success. I made a clean install with a different installation guide and no DSDT. So everything is working but no sound. I'm not used to work with DSDT, that is why I've not tried to fix it with editing a DSDT.

Is there a simple way to exchange the native appleHDA.kext with a fixed one, or do i mix up everything here? Sorry for being a noob on that...

What can I do to get sound working easily?

Any ideas?

I have a short question to 10.8.1 with no sound on a GA-P35-DS4 with F14 BIOS. I tried to get the sound working but with no success. I made a clean install with a different installation guide and no DSDT. So everything is working but no sound. I'm not used to work with DSDT, that is why I've not tried to fix it with editing a DSDT.

Is there a simple way to exchange the native appleHDA.kext with a fixed one, or do i mix up everything here? Sorry for being a noob on that...

What can I do to get sound working easily?

Any ideas?

Yes. Use this installation guide. :)

If you don't want to start from scratch you can try making the USB and running finalize on your current installation. That may or may not work.

Hi,

Is this guide valid for 10.8.1?

I have purchased and downloaded ML from App Store but is now updated to 10.8.1, i then followed the guide.

The mkboot results in Checksum fail. - I am using 2009 MacbookPro 15 OSX 10.8.1 to mkboot

Terminal Output

Attaching OS X Mountain Lion...

Checksumming Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)…

Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0): verified CRC32 $28CDE329

Checksumming (Apple_Free : 1)…

(Apple_Free : 1): verified CRC32 $00000000

Checksumming Apple (Apple_partition_map : 2)…

Apple (Apple_partition_map : 2): verified CRC32 $74E974E0

Checksumming disk image (Apple_HFS : 3)…

....................................................................................................................................

disk image (Apple_HFS : 3): verified CRC32 $1DB191B9

Checksumming (Apple_Free : 4)…

(Apple_Free : 4): verified CRC32 $00000000

verified CRC32 $9002B02A

/dev/disk2 Apple_partition_scheme

/dev/disk2s1 Apple_partition_map

/dev/disk2s2 Apple_HFS /Users/test/Downloads/install/mlioninst

Restoring BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/Boot/...

Validating target...done

Validating source...done

Retrieving scan information...done

Validating sizes...done

Restoring ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100

Verifying ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100

Checksum failed.

Expected F6EAAA67

but got 38E6D230

Could not restore - Invalid argument

I followed the guide, the mkboot procedure works fine, but I can't get the usb drive to boot. I have GA-P35-DS4 v 2.0 (F14 BIOS).

I'm using a OS X 10.5.8 hackintosh to create the usb Mac OSX Base System ('boot') install drive.

-I've tried using a 16gb SD card (in a USB card-reader), an external USB HDD (formatted with a GPT table in Parted Magic, and with a 20gb HFS+ Volume created in Disk Utility), and a SATA connected HDD.

-I disconnected all the other drives other than the target (the drive I want to install ML on) and the install drive.

-I set the BIOS boot order for the correct drive (after enabling 'Legacy USB support' in the BIOS settings) but after POST there is the usual "Verifying DMI Pool Data.............", then nothing happens.

I've tried to boot the drives on two other computers with the same lack of results (the disk are recognized but don't boot).

In Tseug's guide for installing Lion, by this same method, there were posts from people who had this same problem; apparently it had something to do with the Chameleon bootloader, and they had success by using a different version or modifying the version included in the Install package.

How would I go about replacing the Chameleon version in the Installer package? Or could I just replace it on the Mac OSX Base System ('Boot') drive that I have already made?

Can I just add on a different version of the Chameleon bootloader instead of Enoch-rev.2009 and then edit the bash scripts to point to the new version instead of Enoch-rev.2009?

Or, is it the fact that I'm using OS X 10.5.8, do I need Snow-Leopard, or later, to create the USB install drive?

Please help, thanks.

did you get the combo update or just ran the app store installer? Also did you have to rerun the finalize script or adjust any kext to get sleep back?

I just ran the App store installer. I didn't need to do anything else.

OK, could somebody nice just answer a simple question for me?:

Is there supposed to be a chameleon boot file in the root of the Mac OS X Base System drive (the one that has the mkboot install)?

No matter what version of Chameleon I install, on any HD partition or USB drive, there is never a boot file in the root of the drive after installing chameleon, and the drives never boot.

I have been trying just to get a successful install of ML for the last week, about 7 hours a day; the only way I can even get into the Mac OSX installer is when I install PC-EFI 10.6 with the 10.7 boot file onto a boot drive and then select Mac OS X Base System.

But, of course, you can't get a successful install of ML from a 10.6 bootloader.

So is there something wrong with the way I'm installing Chameleon? Is there supposed to be a boot file in the root of the drive after installing it?

Thanks.

i get below error

Restoring BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/Boot/...

Validating target...done

Validating source...done

Retrieving scan information...done

Validating sizes...done

Restoring ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100

Verifying ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100

Remounting target volume...done

Adopting on-disk ownership on /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...

vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System': Invalid argument

vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System': Invalid argument

and when i boot from usb in few seconds same same boot screen again. I saw it says at boot mach is not found. am i doing anything wrong

OK, I download OSX ML again from App Store (10.8.2)

Completed installation, on reboot its get stuck on grey background.

- Hardware

ASUS P7H55M

i7 860

NVidia 440GT

16GB RAM

120GB SSD

EDITED: I can now boot into OSX ML 10.8.2 - thanks for your guide.

No Sound

No iCloud

No App Store

Hi,

I'm trying install 10.8 on my P35-DS4, Q6600@3,15, 8G RAM, Nv8400GS 512M

Using exactly guide from this thread I was able install 10.8.

With -v kernel boots till assertion in AppleHDA and then hangs (see attached pic)

Maybe issue is related to my gfx (8400GS 512M) ?

I was trying add gfx properties into /Extra/com.Apple.boot.plist extracting them from my working 10.7.5 install (see attached).

No any change.

I can boot system into gfx mode with vai safe mode (-x) but it has only 1280x1024 and no any gfx hw accell.

Have anybody idea how to enable full gfx support ?

Thx in advance

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

post-12305-0-53108000-1348688103_thumb.jpg