• Please log in to reply
671 replies to this topic

IonT

IonT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

this's just a virtual regulator like shades..... screen brightness doesn't decrease on the hardware...

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 700 posts

this's just a virtual regulator like shades..... screen brightness doesn't decrease on the hardware...

Of course it won't work because driver is need for it. But brightnees can be controlled by keys such as Fn+->/<-.
Good driver just does not exist for ATY card.

Sh4_d0w

Sh4_d0w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello friend. I have a little problem, My max brightness set to 100% is the half of very intensity in Windows . My card is intellhd4000. I set mac book pro 10,1 retina, i have insert plnf in dsdt and the bar function correctly but when load framerbuffercapri the max light is the half of original backlight

>Federico<

>Federico<

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

I have a problem with this kext if I install it my logout won't work, it freezes, if I delete the kext logout works again, can you fix this issue?

ssgoku129

ssgoku129

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hey ivik,

I am working on a Dell XPS L702x with 3D.... I have attempted your kext several times over the past 2 years with close success (whereas I could get values and set values using the brightness cmd but nothing would change until the system was rebooted) but now I've finally got it!

At first I thought it was my weird modifications to my DSDT, but thank god it wasn't!

It turns out Enoch's revision of the Chameleon bootloader had a flag to "EnableBacklight=Yes"

Enoch is a bootloader dedicated to improving systems with Nvidia graphics.

So that magical flag allows your kext to work!! :D

Hope this helps other Nvidia users!

FelipeZ

FelipeZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

If I use GenericBrightness.kext I cant plug in / out HDMI, it KP's me...

Any Fix for this?

edit:

i fixed it:

http://www.insanelym...hdmi-kp-solved/

gygabyte666

gygabyte666

Insanely >_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:>An error has occurred and your computer will spontanously combust to prevent further damage...
Many thanks to ivik for their work on this! I'm sure it's been helpful to many...just not for me :(

I'm in progress of getting most of my HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad working. I'm pretty sure I messed something up in my DSDT for this. Unfortunately though, I honestly don't know why it doesn't work. I haven't had much time to figure it out either. I'm a bit confused on the max brightness > 0 thing too. Can't find it in my ioreg and I looked everywhere I thought it would be. I had to assume I didn't have it but I wanted to try the kext anyway.

_BCM _BCQ & _BCL aren't listed anywhere in my DSDT. Again, at least I couldn't find them. I added them to my LID0 anyway, however, I get new compile warnings for leaving them blank {}. If I use this DSDT, it KPs on GenericBrightness for CPU6 or something (goes by too fast to read, then reboots)

I've since reverted my DSDT so I can use my system again. I haven't tried any of the other listed kexts or methods yet because i'd like to have some kind of "native" setup if possible. Would anyone be so kind as to check what I might have done wrong? My zip includes my current, working DSDT and the broken, edits above I attempted. Attached File  GenericBrightness_failure_HP_Envy_17t-j000_Quad.zip   64.91KB   1 downloads

Much appreciated! Thanks in advance. If any further info about my system is needed, please refer to my WIP thread here: http://www.insanelym...on-mlmavericks/

meanwhile

meanwhile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Not working.. Still 100% brightness. I am using HP pavilion

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

Hi,

Did you try to get native brightness control? For me three things did it: modifying DSDT (GPU section, PNLF), ApplePanelA legacy kext and compatible gfx. Read this, may'll help.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

HI   My Sony EA18 got this working,but it's unstably.and i can change my light step without this kext,but it's to light and looks the same with windows steps 3. is there anyway to get a better ApplePanelRawtable?

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thanks THe KiNG for a very instructive explanation.
Also as you i get ApplePanelTable under PNLF device but if i use LegacyAppleBacklight containing my lcd panel's productID key in ApplePanels dict. For the start copied into it values from MBP6,1 panel's key. Don't know how to get AppleGraphicsControlBacklight loaded instead of AppleBacklight like in real MBP6,1. Maybe changing/injecting panel's vendor/product IDs resolve it? But how/where? Flashing eeprom? Not prefer (don't know how).

i dont know if you are still here,

but i have been found the way's to use the ApplePanel and you can look what i've written

http://www.insanelym...ghtness-at-all/

Bungo

Bungo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 296 posts

i dont know if you are still here,

but i have been found the way's to use the ApplePanel and you can look what i've written

http://www.insanelym...ghtness-at-all/

Hi,

I'm using this method from years. I don't remember if I described/posted it somewhere, may be here or there (Samsung R Series Notebooks) ;)

BTW nice tutorial.

HI   My Sony EA18 got this working,but it's unstably.and i can change my light step without this kext,but it's to light and looks the same with windows steps 3. is there anyway to get a better ApplePanelRawtable?

To adjust brightnes levels I edited values in ApplePanelA table related to my LCD panel (inserted before). You must know that pwm-info entry (GPU section in DSTD) influences brightness levels, I think it's a InverterFrequency (same two bytes as in APPLE00,InverterFrequency). Be careful using/editing pwm-info key, you may mess your stuff up! You do this on you own risk!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy