OS X 10.7 is Lion

Guest jacobgeek

78 posts in this topic

Apple plz just put new features that improve our productivity.

Tabs in Finder, native. I use tabs in Windows Explorer, Dolphin (Linux) and Finder and Windows and OS X it is a 3rd Party addon. Regular file browsing is so slow without tabs. Between them all, the Windows Explorer with tabs is the fastest but the software has a lot of features and it is free! I'd prefer to see this than any gesture {censored}. The Magic Trackpad would be a nice secondary touch device, but really, any touchscreen device should be able to replicate the functionality of that trackpad.

Finder Tabs would be pretty cool.

Lion looks nice, all the new features are nice, just not enough.

I'd be fine on SL without Mission Control or App Folders, they just need more innovative and revolutionary features..

Like Finder Tabs. Lol.

Unlike Microsoft here saying "AERO PEEK! ;)"

Anyway, I'm really curious to see the Setup Intro Movie for this, and if it's the same..someone is going to lose their {censored}.

Not much to say here as you guys have said almost everything...my only question is what comes after Lion? Apple will soon run out of wild cat names. I will probably end up feeling like a lioness that has to go out and hunt (apps) to feed the Lion.

Not much to say here as you guys have said almost everything...my only question is what comes after Lion? Apple will soon run out of wild cat names. I will probably end up feeling like a lioness that has to go out and hunt (apps) to feed the Lion.

OSX Pussy?? :P

OS X 10.8 Bobcat

OS X 10.9 Puma

OS X 10.10 Jaguarundi

OS X 10.11 Kodkod

OS X 10.12 Liger

OS X 10.13 Lynx

Ocelot

Margay

Pampas

Pallas

Serval

then they could goto domestic breeds

OS X 10.32 Calico

OS X 10.97 Tabby

would personally prefer it to see a OS XI but not sure how they would really call it.

something with real changes. i hope they are at least working on it, simply to make more things native that you now still need tools for. but then, it seems somehow to be apple politics that everything you can't do native is something you are not supposed to have.

like the never growing old example of blueray, why need those moron user blueray, they are supposed to buy their movies off the apple store.

even if i'm a total sceptic when it comes to things moving to a more "apple" experience i like the idea of having a tool like in linux distributions that would give me free and instant acess to all the free tools that are available for osx, since this would at least make them feel more native (and apple would push for sticking to the gui guidlines, so no more horrible looking and akward to use tools)

OS X Lion. Continuing in the Mac OS X tradition of faster, simpler, better.

Of course they're not gonna bring blu-ray support! Not gonna happen.

Key features of Lion: New ways of switching between apps faster. Better multitouch interaction. Full screen views. Resize windows from any corner. New scrollbars. What's not to like??

Mac App Store is there, you are not forced to use it. Nice idea.

the only way Lion would be a good idea in my opinion is it it supports USB 3.0 and comes stock with their machines. But seriously it doesn't sound exciting as snow and then again snow leopard is just a cooler name. When I think lion i think of Narnia. Anyways...

What I hate most of all is I use audio recording software a specific one that often makes there software compatible with the newest mac as quick as passable but stops supporting older OS X on new versions of their software. So I am practically forced to follow if i want their new features as well. i guess time will tell.

Geez.. what is with the conspiracy theories?

Most linux distros have had the equivalent of an 'apple store' program before the iphone was even invented and no one bitched about how nice aptitude is, or any of the other repository programs. If anything, apple is not being original here. They are taking one from Linux's book this time around. It is nothing to be paranoid over.

...my only question is what comes after Lion?

10.7 is the last 10. Next will be OS 11.

OS X 10.8 Bobcat

OS X 10.9 Puma

OS X 10.10 Jaguarundi

OS X 10.11 Kodkod

OS X 10.12 Liger

OS X 10.13 Lynx

Ocelot

Margay

Pampas

Pallas

Serval

OS X 10.32 Calico

OS X 10.97 Tabby

Puma is 10.0 or 10.1

says who? ;)

smb from Applelife.ru

OS X 10.8 Bobcat

OS X 10.9 Puma

OS X 10.10 Jaguarundi

OS X 10.11 Kodkod

OS X 10.12 Liger

OS X 10.13 Lynx

Ocelot

Margay

Pampas

Pallas

Serval

OS X 10.32 Calico

OS X 10.97 Tabby

Puma was - OS X 10.1

Jaguar was - OS X 10.2

You lol.

Geez.. what is with the conspiracy theories?

Most linux distros have had the equivalent of an 'apple store' program before the iphone was even invented and no one bitched about how nice aptitude is, or any of the other repository programs. If anything, apple is not being original here. They are taking one from Linux's book this time around. It is nothing to be paranoid over.

Why do I feel the need to declare you the winner of this thread?

My initial reaction is DO NOT WANT!

So long as I dont have to use the iOS features thats fine. If I wanted that I'd use my ipod touch. When I'm on a desktop computer, I want to use it as a desktop and not an oversized ipad, which itself is just an oversized ipod touch.

What scares me is the possibility of the app store becoming the ONLY source of third party apps. I think the mac has been too long for that to happen, but its still not outside the realm of possibility.

This new update will be Identical to 10.6 with added features. Like a Home Screen that can be enabled via a Hot Key allowing a "Splash Screen" of most used applications.

10.7 will still run and act like 10.6 but with added features resembling the iOS UI

• 2 weeks later...