released Update to 10.6.4

188 posts in this topic

Ok I just tried to update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 and I got a boot up kernal panic. I have to now reinstall my entire OS, luckily I had nothing important on there. Here are my specs:

Intel quad core Q9650 3.0GHz

8GB Patriot gaming ram.

Gigabyte EP43 UD3L

640 GB Western digital cavier black HDD.

pioneer DVD/CD sata

nvidia 9800 EVGA graphics.

~Blah

no problem with the 10.6.4,

except that i had to change the mac id in smbios file, from imac9.1 to macpro3.1

reason: extremely slow performances in 3d games,

i think it's come from the agpm module, maybe we have now to set the GPU throttle properly with a legacyagpm, to have good performances when we use AGPM ??

someone have the same issue ??

ALC888 stopped working. I replaced the AppleHDA.kext like the other posts above. It did not work at the beginning but at the end it worked and I do not know how :D

If you have any problems I tested VoodooHDA.kext and it was working just fine too.

SleepEnabler Kernel Panic like most people above I changed the kernel flag pmVersion=20 and sleep works just fine again.

Everything else looks fine.

10.6.3 -> 10.6.4

updtaded to 10.6.4 via 10.6.4 10F569 Delta update NO PROBLEMS. no need to update/alter kexts. seeing as that it is a beta update, i recommend updating a disposable/duplicate install of osx.

----

octocore hackintosh

supermicro x7dal-io

nvidia 8600GTS 256

intel x-25 80gb ssd

(not sure if i'm running correct dsdt)

10.6.4_baby.tiff

Everithyng works ok, except now mine core 2 duo 2,6 Ghz is seem as a 4ghz .on about this mac and system profiler...it is only cosmeic? temperature is the same as before works fast and satable...strange right?

Edit: solved using dmicfg.exe was set to maximum of 4GHZ....put in there 2.6GHZ and now it's correct

I decided to install it last night.Only issue with sound but fixed re-installing the AppleHDA.kext from my "old" 10.6.3 installation.I don´t see any visible changes.

My equipment:Gigabyte EP45UD3LR and NVidia 8800GTS running under Snow Leopard retail installation with the help of KAKEWALK from puru.com

Bye

SleepEnabler Kernel Panic like most people above I changed the kernel flag pmVersion=20 and sleep works just fine again.

How to change ? the karnel flag ??? noob i am :(

Well i got the same Question here :)

if i install this update and get sleepenable panic, is there any other way to fix it than reinstalling mac osx?

i meen some of you say to boot with PmVersion=20, do i boot it from the CH4 menu? where i put -v -f -s and then change my com.apple.Boot.plist ??????

Hey all, I'm suprised no-one has mentioned this yet but my update didn't really update.

I rebooted and logged in, everything is working fine but when I checked the software tab in profiler I noticed I was still on kernel 10.3

I rebooted to try 32 bit mode with verbose and noticed alot of 'refused new kext' errors saying 10.3 was already in use with UUID. It didn't seem to want to continue so I rebooted and selected verbose for 64 and sure enough I had the same errors show up but I can still login and use the system. My UUID is strapped to SMBIOS in root with Chameleon. Haven't edited it yet as it's in the same partition as the bootloader along with other vital kexts but suprisingly I didn't get a panic due to sleep enabler.

Maybe I didn't install sleep enabler correctly anyway as it hasn't worked since 10.6.3 My system continues to run after I select shutdown and also won't restart.

Anyone come across the 'refused new kext' problem?

Hey all, I'm suprised no-one has mentioned this yet but my update didn't really update.

I rebooted and logged in, everything is working fine but when I checked the software tab in profiler I noticed I was still on kernel 10.3

I rebooted to try 32 bit mode with verbose and noticed alot of 'refused new kext' errors saying 10.3 was already in use with UUID. It didn't seem to want to continue so I rebooted and selected verbose for 64 and sure enough I had the same errors show up but I can still login and use the system. My UUID is strapped to SMBIOS in root with Chameleon. Haven't edited it yet as it's in the same partition as the bootloader along with other vital kexts but suprisingly I didn't get a panic due to sleep enabler.

Maybe I didn't install sleep enabler correctly anyway as it hasn't worked since 10.6.3 My system continues to run after I select shutdown and also won't restart.

Anyone come across the 'refused new kext' problem?

where to put <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>legacy_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

??? pmversion=20 ??? so i can fix the sleepunabler panic if i have one ?

I have read than it's necesary to remove SleepEnabler.kext because it will cause a kernel panic with this new kernel.

How can I do that or is it enough with "pmversion=20" and not removing the file?

If I remove the file when can I copy it again? Or is not necessary copy it again?

Thanks a lot!

I have read than it's necesary to remove SleepEnabler.kext because it will cause a kernel panic with this new kernel.

How can I do that or is it enough with "pmversion=20" and not removing the file?

If I remove the file when can I copy it again? Or is not necessary copy it again?

Thanks a lot!

You do not have to remove SleepEnable.kext. If it's causing kernel panic to your hackintosh with pmVersion=20 just reset the computer again and the next time you boot type pmVersion=0 that will disable SleepEnabler. Login and edit your com.apple.Boot.plist with this code <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>pmVersion=0</string> or remove the SleepEnabler.kext from your Extensions.

You do not have to remove SleepEnable.kext. If it's causing kernel panic to your hackintosh with pmVersion=20 just reset the computer again and the next time you boot type pmVersion=0 that will disable SleepEnabler. Login and edit your com.apple.Boot.plist with this code <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>pmVersion=0</string> or remove the SleepEnabler.kext from your Extensions.

I have updated to 10.6.4 and it caused a kernel panic when it reboot after fishishing the installation.

But with pmVersion=0 via MyHack boot loader I couldn't solve the kernel panic problem.

I have problematic nfoce i780 chipset.

Thanks a lot for your answer.