10.4.7 is out

175 posts in this topic

Ugh! I just got my MacBook on Saturday and there already is another system update. Oh, well. Thanks for telling.

What does this mean for the Hackintoshes? Will we have to wait until 10.5 for the next update?

EDIT: I just updated. Here's a screenshot.

picture14vl.th.jpg

Hmm, interesting. I also just got my macbook not too long ago. Are there any noticable differences?

Well, I've noticed that my apps seem to start a bit faster. I've only had it for about 5 minutes now, but I'll post more later as I use it more.

I hope this fixes the "Insuficient Bandwidth" bug that I keep getting with iChat whenever I want to video chat. I'll let you know later when I get a chance to try it out.

Here's what Mac Rumors says:

The 10.4.7 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies. It includes fixes for:

- preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections

- saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes

- Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones

- audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack applications

- ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop

- determining the space required to burn folders

- iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM

- importing files into Keynote 3

- PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto

- reliable use of Automator actions within workflows

- importing and removing fonts in Font Book

- syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac

- compatibility with third party applications and devices

- previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n303771.

For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798.

Is this the end of the Hackintoshes? :happymac:

Well can someone point out the major changes and/or enhancements that will affect the majority of hacked-the-mac users? To legit users, too bad a hardware upgrade isn't included in this update. Lets hope they fix the mouse problems we are having.

Well can someone point out the major changes and/or enhancements that will affect the majority of hacked-the-mac users? To legit users, too bad a hardware upgrade isn't included in this update. Lets hope they fix the mouse problems we are having.

Mouse problems?

seriously, installing this on a hacked box is a fast ticket to a reinstall, until it's patched. What is making everyone think that this one can't be patched like the previous versions. 10.4.6 was out in no time following the official release. Is it just that apple is more aware of their os being hacked?!