10.4.7 is out

175 posts in this topic

I wasn't putting down anyone at all. I was mocking the idiot whining that Apple was making his theft of their product a bit harder. Dur, seemed pretty fair of them to me. After all, it is their software.

But people wanted to jump my ass for it. Fine, have fun. I don't give a {censored} really.

Besides, aren't we a little :D ?

Sorry as well.

Anyway, I didn't really send anything to Apple. I was just trying to f*** with you guys for giving me {censored}. I probably scared the admins more than anybody. (And Mash is awesome so I'd never do that to him and the others.)

It will work on intel as long the kernel has the amd enabler but you are not going to gain any performance because on maxxuss code the call is changed firing an interrupt, the kernel traps the interrupt, this interrupt call the amd enabler and the code fills the registers faking the genuine intel string
Glad I learned a bit of "programming" myself (VB) so after reading it twice I think I got the point. Since there are several kernels out there I better not bother to install your updater on my Toshiba Intel DuoCore Notebook ..
you can see the int $0xfffffffb interrupt call , i dunno why maxxuss didn-t nop the cpuid call and flip the je in a jne , this would have been really amusing since it would bomb out on a genuine intel cpu if i understand it correctly
with 'bomb out' you mean '..not work anymore with ..' I guess? And with 'genuine intel cpu' you probably mean the CPUs Intel is providing for Apple?

1 minor slash major problem. after running the myzar update for AMD I cannot mount images anymore. it tells me the device is not configured.. Also Disk Utility worked and now wont load... worked at first after install

1 minor slash major problem. after running the myzar update for AMD I cannot mount images anymore. it tells me the device is not configured.. Also Disk Utility worked and now wont load... worked at first after install

Take a look at http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...ic=20644&st=120 ...specifically, post #153 as this may be your problem also:

To make the dmg work you should use pacifist and copy the system.kext from the 10.4.6 dvd and paste it into the /System/Library/Extensions... it did work for me... I ( by mistake ) overwrited the system.kext from the 10.4.6 with the system.kext from the apple update...

That was exactly it.. Thanks bro.. helps me out quite a bit. was worried i screwed somethin up.. :D Thanks a lot.. BTW: Great release myzar also for all that wanna know I uninstalled Flash 8 that came with this and installed new beta 9 from macromedia and HUGE difference from when it was running on 10.4.6 go to http://www.comcast.net and you will see it runs purty smooth now and the Fan on there actually is playable now.. :hysterical: I give 10.4.7 2 thumbs up so far with new flash!

seems to have worked perfectly.. over a 10.4.6 Myzar

aside from part of the hardware not being shown in the system profiler

I had the same problem, and Quixos help me out with this fix it.

The 4.7 update updated your "/System/Library/SystemProfiler".

to get your hardware recognized, downgrade that folder to your earlier working version.

4.3 "/SystemProfiler" is the best one.

I replace the System Profiler folder with the one from my install disk and all worked fine.

I think I can install 10.4.7 AMD Update in JAS 10.4.6 without kernel.

I try to unpack by Pacifist but, did not opened it.

Is there any way of unpacking 10.4.7 AMD Update or package without kernel?

I Installed 10.4.7 AMD Update in JAS 10.4.6 Intel system.

First, I installed JAS 10.4.7 Update.

Second, I installed 10.4.7 AMD Update. During the installing, I did not restart system, just force quit Installer.

Then I reboot the System.

It's working.

dakine, the 4.7 update updated your "/System/Library/SystemProfiler".

to get your hardware recognized, downgrade that folder to your earlier working version.

4.3 "/SystemProfiler" is the best one.

btw, someone (maybe I, after this July 4th weekend, or maybe you :o ) should find the specific .reporter files needed to retain functionality.

hi quixos,

could you share this 10.4.3 SystemProfiler for me ? If's the best one then....I'd really like to use it :)

Thanks

Hey guys, is there an image that contains the whole thing. I mean the whole 10.4.7, not just the patch for 10.4.6. Would be cool for someone like me... thanks

;) :pirate2:

Proberly not yet but I am downloading this file and will be looking at a way to include in 10.4.6Jas.ppf1 install disk may take some time then I will give a step by step guide (crooses fingers update still downloading around 100KB/s)