Firefox.

'Nuff said.

johndavidson

johndavidson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Firefox 3.1 earns a "Softpedia Pick" award and the highest possible rating at this download site, and the review provides a long list of improvements over earlier versions.This type of article are discussed about various essay writing companies.You obviously put a lot of work into that post and it’s very interesting to see the thought process that you went through to come up with those conclusion. Really interesting and informative article, keep posting. Nice work, thanks for such information.

Jamesisnotonfire

Jamesisnotonfire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Firefox is an amazing browser, I especially love it because of the extensions, you can have a advertisement blocker as well as a download manager which increases your download speed.

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
still safari

Recon 023

Recon 023

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
This is a triky one.

I like safari, fast simple but, pretty much no customization and some websites dont work perfectly.

I would have to go with firefox, customization and compatibility makes it a win with me.

Firefox 4 looks promising, I love the beta so far

Jamesisnotonfire

Jamesisnotonfire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Opera is very fast on Mac.. but then again, Firefox customizing is unbeatable.

TomCom

TomCom

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
I don't think there's an ultimate web browser on Mac. I've tried Chrome and i'm still using Firefox for compatibility issues, but Safari is usually faster and I like its copy and paste.
On Windows, Chrome does it all, on Mac OS X, I have to keep the three of them, plus NetNewsWire for RSS feed.

gosnis

gosnis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Firefox is great, but did suffer from the memory leak issue forever.

maztrr

maztrr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Google Chrome all the way. It just has a lot less clutter at the top and I love the single searchbar/address bar

Amacx86

Amacx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Google Chrome all the way. It just has a lot less clutter at the top and I love the single searchbar/address bar

I've never installed Chrome on any computer I've used, primarily because Google is satan and I trust that company about as far as I could spit a seed.

I started out using Safari, and switched to Firefox. Only recently installed and started using Opera.

My understanding is that Opera is best for slow internet connections (DSL) and slow or memory restricted computers, and Firefox is better for fiberoptic/high speed cable with plenty of hardware firepower.

RaZZe

RaZZe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I've never installed Chrome on any computer I've used, primarily because Google is satan and I trust that company about as far as I could spit a seed.

I started out using Safari, and switched to Firefox. Only recently installed and started using Opera.

My understanding is that Opera is best for slow internet connections (DSL) and slow or memory restricted computers, and Firefox is better for fiberoptic/high speed cable with plenty of hardware firepower.

You have no idea how good is Chrome;)
from such a product to make meaningful bad is just totally idiotic ;)

Wayang-NT

Wayang-NT

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
nothing but Safari 5.1 in Lion ....

Posted Image

Bart86

Bart86

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I haven't seen much out of Safari for the past couple of years. Chrome is my daily driver on both my Macs, mostly because it is noticeably faster.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,338 posts
There was a time when Firefox was a reliable browser, loved by everyone. Small incremental releases where there to fix bugs. Then this madness of jumping release numbers began, just because Chrome was doing the same, and ever since at every new release Firefox brings some new problem. Unfortunately all browsers are crap, as are most operating systems (I have especially in mind Windows 8 and Linux with its crappy desktop environments and drivers), except maybe for OS X. If I only could I'd give up computers altogether.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,338 posts
I was particularly bitter when I wrote the above. But basically I haven't changed my mind.
Nowadays you don't know if the worst crap comes from Microsoft or from open source.
Firefox shove down our throat frequent updates. Almost every new release brings new bugs. I have set Firefox to never check for updates, and I keep using the last good working release for a long time. I have seen many Linux distributions doing the same. Often annoying bugs get carried through several releases, like the very annoying "close multiple tabs" confirm message, even if it is disabled.
And then we were shoved some crappy Linux desktop environments, like KDE 4 and Gnome 3. No wonder Linux doesn't manage to go much above a 1% market share. Honestly, if in the past I recommended Linux to friends and relatives, now I would never do it.
Open source developers have an incredibly inflated ego. True, they work for free. But what about users' satisfaction? Once it was paramount. Not any longer. I'll never forget KDE developers saying "Who needs users".
Apple could take advantage of this, if it weren't for their blind hardware policy.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Alessandro, don't think i have any intention of being a pain in your OS, if you forgive me the lousy pun, but it's the second time you make a statement (the first being here: #8 ) that could lead people to think that Aaron Seigo was the author of the infamous "who needs users" motto. This is not only false (source: http://aseigo.blogsp...ealization.html) but rather unjust, since not only he didn't write that, but also he spoke strongly against this attitude, as you can see in this excerpt from his answers to the comments in his blog's post i linked, and i quote:

Aaron J. Seigo said...

> Aaron, you've become very patronising.

f you read half the email i've received in the last day and a half, you would be amazed at the level of naivety that people posses on these topics. which is fine, because i'm naive on virtually every topic in the known universe of thought. i don't go around lecturing plumbers on how to install toilets or architects on how to make blueprints, though. i like to think i have slightly better sense than that.

now, i've received some really well thought out arguments, both pro and counter to my blog, and i appreciate those conversations.

it's the ones that say things like "who needs users? we'll always exist even without users or developers or resources because it's Free software and Free software never dies!" or "it's all about choice! you can't limit my choices!" that are so blatantly off the mark that make me take a step back and consider the level of understanding among the people who have visited my blog over the last few days from /. (my blog is not intended for that audience, btw)

I think it was not your intention to wrongly attribute anything to Aaron Seigo, and you probably are used to talk to people who follow the Linux scene and know the facts. But many (in this forum, i'll boldly guess most of) people doesn't know the facts, and Aaron can end up bearing the stigma of other people's sins. Sorry to bother you with that, but since the hackintosh scene is itself growing in relevance and you're one of its leaders, i think this had to be clarified.

All the best!

P.S.: on the topic, Safari is currently on a status where - at least in OSX - has more integration and cool features than any other browser, so i think it's Safari FTW.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,338 posts
Theconnactic, it is perfectly possible that I am wrong. As I have already said recently, being the administrator of InsanelyMac doesn't make me a god.
It should be seen how this urban legend about Aaron Seigo came about. It is something which happened many years ago, so you don't find a lot if you google.
All I could find is this: http://news.cnet.com...9981288-16.html and it seems to prove that you are right.
I'll replace Aaron Seigo with "some KDE developers" or something to that effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy