• Please log in to reply
1483 replies to this topic

ANARCHiNTOSH

ANARCHiNTOSH

Loldermort!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

I can confirm that my GTX 285 is also significantly slower after 10.6.4 update.

that sucks, can you successfully replace the NV* kexts with the ones from 10.6.3?
Even the 10.6.3 update significantly lowered Geekbench scores for many cards in OpenGL. I wonder if this is an apple strategy, or maybe im just paranoid....

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi RR,

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Sound now works fine from the back panel using the new dsdt.aml without LegacyHDA.kext in E/E and TonyMac's Legacy889HDA.kext in E/E. It also looks like optical works too. I will test later.

The last remaining bug is the RealtekR1000SL.kext not supporting the RTL8111E on this board—Dood, any progress with bit shoveller?

I will post in detail later today how we got this all running but the main step was to use the Kakewalk 2.2.1 USB installer for an X58A-UD7 and then change the dsdt in E/E to this one you sent me.

Later.

We both posted at the same time ^^ so perhaps you did not see my edited post just above yours. :)
I have since added tonymac's Legacy889HDA.kext to E/E along with the HDEF edit and it has re-enabled my optical audio.

:P

Must have a poke around and see where it hooks into and try to add the code into binpatched AppleHDA for simplicity's sake.

/E/E only contains IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and the optional Legacy889HDA kexts now, its looking a bit bare in there with the new FakeSMC living in S/L/E

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
Thanks to everyone for helping to nail down audio for the ALC889 (and ALC888), I've updated item 14.

just updated to 10.6.4 - for some reason, my ethernet stopped working altogether, even though I have ethernet enabled in the DSDT (not in com.apple.boot.plist or with kext).

Couldn't explain it, so I gave up and re-installed the RTGNICv2.0.4.pkg realtek driver (which from what I can see just has the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in it)... now my ethernet's back...

But what I really don't understand, is there is *no* realtek .kext or AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in my S/L/E or *anywhere* - so how is this possible?

It updates /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Just a quick update—the RTGMac_v2.0.4 driver that looks like it support the RTL8111E (32-bit) does not seem to work on this X58A-UD5 rev. 2. The installer says it is for a PCI-E network adapter and after the install, there is no visible realtek driver in S/L/E.

Still searching for a solution.

Thanks to everyone for helping to nail down audio for the ALC889 (and ALC888), I've updated item 14.
My Geekbench and OpenGL numbers haven't changed with 10.6.4.

It updates /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.

Rankrotten

Rankrotten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Just a quick update—the RTGMac_v2.0.4 driver that looks like it support the RTL8111E (32-bit) does not seem to work on this X58A-UD5 rev. 2. The installer says it is for a PCI-E network adapter and after the install, there is no visible realtek driver in S/L/E.

Still searching for a solution.

If you manually open the RTGMac204 pkg with pacifist it extracts an AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Double check it is not already installed as d00d suggests by right clicking and showing package contents on IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Right I'm off to hit the sack and not to lay in bed thinking of kexts and DSDT edits tonight.

Zzzzzzzz 0x8 Damn
:D

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. Hamlet.

Tried installing thru Pacifist and this is what I see—no Ethernet hardware!

If you manually open the RTGMac204 pkg with pacifist it extracts an AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Double check it is not already installed as d00d suggests by right clicking and showing package contents on IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Right I'm off to hit the sack and not to lay in bed thinking of kexts and DSDT edits tonight.

Zzzzzzzz 0x8 Damn
:wacko:

Attached Files

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Fortunately, this board has a single PCI slot and a new Ethernet port popped up as found as soon as I plugged in a PCI NIC with the Realtek8169 chipset. It at least gives me Internet access without going via Firewire sharing but it would be nice to get the two onboard RTL8111E Ethernet ports working too.

Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest. Hamlet.

Tried installing thru Pacifist and this is what I see—no Ethernet hardware!

kwm488

kwm488

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
i get error, when add you intel i7 cpu code to my dsdt, how can i fix it?

thank

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Fortunately, this board has a single PCI slot and a new Ethernet port popped up as found as soon as I plugged in a PCI NIC with the Realtek8169 chipset. It at least gives me Internet access without going via Firewire sharing but it would be nice to get the two onboard RTL8111E Ethernet ports working too.

Have you tried resetting the ports according to the instructions in post 1?

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i upload binpatched applehda.kext 10.6.4

It includes Applehda binpatched for ALC888, 889 and AD2000B

Attached File  applehda10_6_4.zip   4.22MB   358 downloads

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
The fakesmc plugins project now allows the following in iStat Menus;
CPU voltage monitoring
CPU, GPU and NB temperature monitoring
GPU_FAN, CPU_FAN, PWR_FAN, SYS_FAN1 and SYS_FAN2 speed monitoring
CPU_FAN speed control (no GPU_FAN speed control yet)

Here's SL i386 and x86_64 compiled, revision 181 from `svn co http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/fakesmc'.

My modifications;
1. Changed fakesmc's Info.plist for post 1, item 13.
2. Added GPU_FAN, CPU_FAN, PWR_FAN, SYS_FAN1, SYS_FAN2 names to fakesmc's Info.plist.
If your GPU isn't supported, remove GPU_FAN and shift the others back one place.
3. Added GPU nvidia GeForce GTX 285 support to the FakeSMCnVclockPort/src/backend/info.cpp source according to;
http://osx86.net/f7/...-leopard-t4385/
4. Changed `Enable Fan Control' in FakeSMCSuperIO's Info.plist from false to true.

It needs to have 755 permissions, root:wheel ownership, and be located in /System/Library/Extensions/.

i upload binpatched applehda.kext 10.6.4

It includes Applehda binpatched for ALC888, 889 and AD2000B

Attached File  applehda10_6_4.zip   4.22MB   358 downloads

Thanks, I'll update post 1.
How does one get post permissions at projectosx?
I'm a member but get `Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic' when I try to reply to any topic.

Attached Files

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Yes, but I will try again.
They are flashing green and yellow when a cable is plugged in but do not appear in the SP-Network pane.
So I tried again with the RTGMac_v2.0.4 installer from Realtek. The result was that it killed my NIC (PCI with 8169 chip) too. I then checked for the presence of the AppleRealtek8169.kext plugin in IO.....MacOS....plugins and it was there.
I rebooted four times to switch the two onboard Lans off and on in BIOS—interestingly even when OFF in BIOS they still flash yellow and green when a cable is plugged in! At this point no Lan ports were working so I ran the RTGMac_v2.0.4 uninstall command and still no Lan on the NIC. It turns out that the uninstaller does just that and does not replace the original AppleRealtek8169.kext plug. I relaced it manually and now the NIC is working again although not the onboard ports.
I guess someone with more knowledge (bit Shoveller are you out there) might be able to fix the RTGMac_v2.0.4 kext!

Have you tried resetting the ports according to the instructions in post 1?

kwm488

kwm488

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
i follow the page 1 to edit my ga-x58a-ud7 F6 dsdt to correct the azal to HDEF. and i download the patch applehda.kext and put it the S/L/E and put egacy889HDA.kext to E/E . and i run the kext utility. but i still can't get any sound.

i am newbie, can anyone help?

and my dsdt have this code, i have add it. is this cause my onboard sound not work?

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USBE, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.USE2, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
Notify (\_SB.PCI0.AZAL, 0x02)
<Notify (\_SB.PCI0.IGBE, 0x02)> this code
}

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
What about the fakesmc.kext in E/E? Does that go or stay?

The fakesmc plugins project now allows the following in iStat Menus;
CPU voltage monitoring
CPU, GPU and NB temperature monitoring
GPU_FAN, CPU_FAN, PWR_FAN, SYS_FAN1 and SYS_FAN2 speed monitoring
CPU_FAN speed control (no GPU_FAN speed control yet)

Here's SL i386 and x86_64 compiled, revision 181 from `svn co http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/fakesmc'.

My modifications;
1. Changed fakesmc's Info.plist for post 1, item 13.
2. Added GPU_FAN, CPU_FAN, PWR_FAN, SYS_FAN1, SYS_FAN2 names to fakesmc's Info.plist.
If your GPU isn't supported, remove GPU_FAN and shift the others back one place.
3. Added GPU nvidia GeForce GTX 285 support to the FakeSMCnVclockPort/src/backend/info.cpp source according to;
http://osx86.net/f7/...-leopard-t4385/
4. Changed `Enable Fan Control' in FakeSMCSuperIO's Info.plist from false to true.

It needs to have 755 permissions, root:wheel ownership, and be located in /System/Library/Extensions/.

Thanks, I'll update post 1.
I'm a member but get `Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic' when I try to reply to any topic.

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
The first link you posted is broken.

Sorry to be thick, but what does "move back one place" mean? Delete F0ID and GPUFAN and F1ID-> F0ID, F2ID -> F1ID thru to F4ID -> F3ID?

Are there other plugins needed with your edited fakesmc? I can see a fan and thermometer icon in istat but they display nothing.

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

The first link you posted is broken.

Sorry to be thick, but what does "move back one place" mean? F1..-> F0.., F2.. -> F1 thru to F4.. -> F3..

Are there other plugins needed with your edited fakesmc?

That's not a link, it's a command you run in a Terminal window to get the source.
You remove any old fakesmc.
yes
The plugins are contained in the PlugIns folder within the kext.

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Apologies about the link!

That's not a link, it's a command you run in a Terminal window to get the source.
You remove any old fakesmc.
yes
The plugins are contained in the PlugIns folder within the kext.

Not working for me.
Removed old fakesmc.kext from E/E
Deleted GPUFAN in info.plist and changed as indicated
Added to S/L/E
Fixed permissions using Kext Helper

Still boots and istat shows a fan and temperature icon but no values underneath
Click on fan and thermometer in Edit Preferences - Active items and nothing pops up.

What have I done wrong?

Sidewinder33

Sidewinder33

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
d00d,
The new rev works great I have my gpu fan speed and gpu diode temp.

As a side note has anyone noticed their machine running a bit hotter after the 10.6.4 update? I used to sit in the mid to low 40's not Im sitting right around 50 idle with no change to any of the computer settings aside from the 10.6.4 update. I see that the speed stepping is still in effect since my voltage is still 1.15v till I load it up to 1.34V. Any thoughts?

newnekton1

newnekton1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
So it works for the EX58-UD5 but not the EX58A-UD5 rev. 2. What is so different? Does the dsdt need some hooks?

However, it does work on a Quadcore on EP45-UD3R with rev. 0.7 cartri bios and no dsdt.

Does this mean my Ex58A-UD5 rev. 2 dsdt still needs some tweaking Dood?

d00d,
The new rev works great I have my gpu fan speed and gpu diode temp.

As a side note has anyone noticed their machine running a bit hotter after the 10.6.4 update? I used to sit in the mid to low 40's not Im sitting right around 50 idle with no change to any of the computer settings aside from the 10.6.4 update. I see that the speed stepping is still in effect since my voltage is still 1.15v till I load it up to 1.34V. Any thoughts?

aschar1

aschar1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
[/quote]

Dood to get admission to posting at projectosx site you prior need to pass a test with basic osx86 questions. Hagar implemented this to keep this site free from spamming with completely wrong guides and tips like insanelymac.

Go to new users discussions at snow leopard forum. There is a link to the test. Without this test you can only post in that forum-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy