GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

I was thinking about checking out the new AnVAL bootloader. Does anyone on this thread have any firsthand experience with it? If so, do you have any tips or tricks that I should know given my config (below)? Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks.

no experience, but good luck. looks super interesting trying to use bootloader as main thing to patch osx for pc, instead of dsdt, kexts etc

It was created 20090909, but mentions 10.6.5.

So you tell me, has it been kept updated?

ok,

in fact my question is simply :

Which dsdt.aml must i download for this motherboard ?

Actually everything is fine with :

/extra/ ....

extra.jpg

i did not understant the 1 post.

too many code mod, and i cannot found the dsdt.aml attachment.

i'm intersting in your mod.

with a ga-ep35-ds3r only 3 kexts are needed so i want to do the same with this motherboard

ok,

in fact my question is simply :

Which dsdt.aml must i download for this motherboard ?

Actually everything is fine with :

/extra/ ....

extra.jpg

i did not understant the 1 post.

too many code mod, and i cannot found the dsdt.aml attachment.

i'm intersting in your mod.

with a ga-ep35-ds3r only 3 kexts are needed so i want to do the same with this motherboard

take this one : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=65245

You need with this .aml in Extra:

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

FAkeSMC.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

take this one : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=65245

You need with this .aml in Extra:

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

FAkeSMC.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

thank you very much, i will give it a try. :)

Note : i don't hate coding DSDT.dsl but i think that some people (like d00d) are doing this better than me (much better).

so this .aml is good for me.

Do you think i'ts ok with chameleon RC5 ? And do you have any suggestion for a particular release, as i know that DSDT.aml and boot are working closely together now.

thank you very much, i will give it a try. :)

Note : i don't hate coding DSDT.dsl but i think that some people (like d00d) are doing this better than me (much better).

so this .aml is good for me.

Do you think i'ts ok with chameleon RC5 ? And do you have any suggestion for a particular release, as i know that DSDT.aml and boot are working closely together now.

AS YOU CAN SEE IN MY SIGNATURE IT'S OK WITH THE LATEST CH2RC5 Rev.699!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone (d00d? ;p) know how to "hide" a video card in the DSDT? I have two video cards, one that is not compatible with OS X, but needed for windows applications.

Can I have a monitor plugged into each, but have the GTX 580 never be found by OS X? I have seen this questions asked several times on the forums, but can not find anywhere that it was actually answered.

Thanks!

This is with an X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

Can I have a monitor plugged into each, but have the GTX 580 never be found by OS X? I have seen this questions asked several times on the forums, but can not find anywhere that it was actually answered.

I have no system to test, but anticipate a build, so I am curious as to your discovery.

I wonder, though, if removing the device's entry and deleting/updating any references to that device in your DSDT would do the trick? Not sure if that would keep the OS from recognizing/addressing the device. but worth a try?

That is assuming you have working DSDT already. Was current DSDT compiled with GTX580 installed? Are you booting into OSX successfully with device recognized, but disabled features? Also which boot-loader and working card do you use? I've heard ATI and NVIDIA don't mix nicely, but again, just what I've read.

Hi all. I've just finished my first hackintosh, which triple boots OS X, Win7 and Ubuntu.

I'm using an EX58-ud5 mobo and an i7 920 all at standard clock.

I've got everything working using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], HackInstaller and tonymacx86's nvidia driver for my 480 gtx.

The only kexts I have installed is the sleepenabler for 10.6.6

The only problems I have are that the monitor won't wake with the PC, and I have no audio.

I'd be really interested in getting the system to use a patched DSDT file.

I've had a read through the OP and though I 'get it' I'm a little overwhelmed.

Is there someone who would be prepared to hold my hand through modifying my DSDT file, or even better, someone who could provide me with one (I doubt anything I have is very special).

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I've just finished my first hackintosh, which triple boots OS X, Win7 and Ubuntu.

I've got everything working using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], HackInstaller and tonymacx86's nvidia driver for my 480 gtx.

The only problems I have are that the monitor won't wake with the PC, and I have no audio.

Is there someone who would be prepared to hold my hand through modifying my DSDT file, or even better, someone who could provide me with one (I doubt anything I have is very special).

Thanks in advance.

Hi here is my complete extra folder including a full edited DSDT.aml with HDA and everything else...

I am using the newest beta Bios F13Q for my UD5. This Bios is stable...

You don't need any sleepenabler anymore. With this DSDT.aml you have full power management.

Regards from Berlin

Extra.zip

Hi here is my complete extra folder including a full edited DSDT.aml with HDA and everything else...

I am using the newest beta Bios F13Q for my UD5. This Bios is stable...

You don't need any sleepenabler anymore. With this DSDT.aml you have full power management.

Regards from Berlin

Thank you very very much.

I will update my bios, copy my partition and give this a try tonight. I have a feeling I'm still on an earlier bios.

So should I delete my extras folder and then replace it with yours to stop the 2 being merged, then repair permissions with kext utility, then restart?

Also I see you're using an ATI graphics card. Will I have to change anything in order to get my Nvidia 480 GTX running, or will tonymacx86 Nvidia update have taken care of that for me?

Thanks again.

Thank you very very much.

I will update my bios, copy my partition and give this a try tonight. I have a feeling I'm still on an earlier bios.

So should I delete my extras folder and then replace it with yours to stop the 2 being merged, then repair permissions with kext utility, then restart?

Also I see you're using an ATI graphics card. Will I have to change anything in order to get my Nvidia 480 GTX running, or will tonymacx86 Nvidia update have taken care of that for me?

Thanks again.

You can delete the the ati kext in my extra folder you don't need it...

fakesmc and the pligins are edited for MacPro5,1 as identifier and the smbios.plist is edited too...

My DSDT.aml is fully edited and all devices are renamed....

Yes you can replace the extra folder with mine...then kextutility...

Sorry I can't help you with your graphic card... I don't have any information about this card...

Best regards

Brilliant. That's got everything except sound working, even the graphics card.

I only used your dsdt file and a few of your kexts, I made sure our extra folders looked pretty much the same.

Any ideas as to audio?

Brilliant. That's got everything except sound working, even the graphics card.

I only used your dsdt file and a few of your kexts, I made sure our extra folders looked pretty much the same.

Any ideas as to audio?

You have to use the ALC8xxHDA.kext in my Extra folder for audio.

Yep I've got that in my extra folder. rebuilt caches and permissions with kext utility and then rebooted. Still no sound.

It works fine in windows so it does work ;)

Under

system preferences > sound > output

I only have:

Digital Out

Digital Out

Digital Out

Digital Out

Should I be seeing:

Internal Speakers (Built-in Output)

Headphones (Built-in Headphone)

Line Out (Built-in Line Output)

Digital Out (Built-in Digital Output)

Using system profiler, looking at Audio (built in)

I have

Intel High Definition Audio

Intel High Definition Audio

both with an audio ID: 885

If I click VoodooHDA in system preferences I get an error saying 'Can't map memory'.

I have now tried a patched appleHDA, legacy hda, ALC8xxHDA, voodooHDA, all under e/e

Multiple DSDTs and boot loaders and I still can't get audio to work.

I've restored from my backup so I'm back to where I started (after using your dsdt).

I have graphics, sleep, everything except audio.

Any ideas?

Thanks

got there in the end.

I was using the boot.plist form [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and it was flagged as arch=i386 this was stopping audio (and 64bit i assume).

removed, rebuilt caches and restarted and now it makes noises.

Thanks for all the help ;)

One last thing.

When I click voodooHDA in system preferences I get the following

Error

Can't get registry-entry path

<Click OK>

Error

Wrong Channels Number 0..24

<Click OK>

Error

Can't get registry-entry path

<Click OK>

Error

Wrong Channels Number 0..24

<Click OK>

Then the voodooHDA pref pane loads

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

I removed voodooHDA from S/L/E in order to avoid a KP at boot.

Running in verbose mode it came back with the backtrace relating to voodooHDA, I removed it and it booted OK.

Thanks

I've got everything working using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], HackInstaller and tonymacx86's nvidia driver for my 480 gtx.

Thanks in advance.

Not prepared to hold hands, (not an expert) but I don't think that you need to use the sleepenabler.kext with your board. My setup is similar, and using d00d's dsdt, you should be able to have native power management, with functioning sleep. I've found that sleepenabler can cause issues. Try removing it, rebuild the cache, and try manually putting your system to sleep, if it goes to sleep, then you're good to go, you may just need to install a script for timed sleep to work. Also, there are all kinds of dsdt options on the first page of this post, concerning functioning audio. For our board, there's even an option of dsdt only modification without kexts for audio. d00d has done a lot of work on this subject, it's all on the first post.

d00d- Thanks again!