SwitchSound Script

ANARCHiNTOSH

7 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v2.0 released, features so many improvements

-Growlnotify support removed (now directly uses applescript to interface with growl)

-Guide re-written and improved

-more user controllable settings, like automatic volume setting when switching device

-Integrated Play Sound into hidden folder, added Play Sound to script, script can now do audio notifications

-script now uses switchsoundsource from hidden folder, so doesn't require it to be installed to terminal

-new installer

-added sound folder

-collected and added loads more good icons

-streamlined applescript code

its a completely different and much better script now

v2.0 was a broken release. so i rolled out v2.0.1:

which includes:

- crucial installer fix (force sets SwitchSound folder permissions to 777 after installing)

- minor new installer feature (helpful open SwichSound folder after installing feature)

script is now mirrored to 4 one-click-file hosters

@zonly1

got any critical feedback [ignore the original v2.0 and get v2.0.1]? is it simple enough to install/set-up?

It works great. Installed easily.

I have one request if you do not mind. I have a USB headset and was wondering how I can add it, so that I would switch between those 3 choices?

it should be entirely possible to add support for cycling through devices (instead of just toggling between 2).

For 2.1 i'll include an option to cycle through more than 2 devices.

I also moved the thread to a new location (see first post), as it felt out of place amongst various threads about sound kext drivers.