[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Claudio A.,

If you want to save time on grabbing Xcode and installing SmartSVN and getting the source here is the i386 folder compiled for you already latest build by Mojodojo (Mozodojo) based Chameleon.

I would follow the guide for manual install of chameleon and do all of the steps in a terminal inside this i386 folder. fdisk is in there already.

I also will include my efi folder which is all up to date but still at least format your EFI and install both boot0 and boot1h accordingly then copy either my boot from my EFI folder or copy it as the manual install sais from the i386 folder all in terminal window.

Copy my EFI/Extra folder over and you should be all set.

From the other link on FakeSMC monitor you can grab those two files yourself FakeSMC.kext and Superio and put them in the /s/l/e . I worked in my /EFI/Extra but just in case put them in /s/l/e.

Files attached

i386.zip

EFI copy too big for here, you will find it here instead:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2RIAA4P3

Important things to note:

Grab the latest Kext Utility for SNow Leopard.

Run that when done but there is a catch.

In order for it to repair permissions in your /EFI/Extra you have to make sure uour EFI partition is mounted. Then you have to link the Extra folder inside the /EFI to Extra in the root like below.

cd /

Make sure you are admin use sudo -s or sudo then command

ln -s /volumes/efi/Extra Extra

Run kext util it will now repair the Extra inside your EFI

When done

unlink Extra

umount /volumes/efi

rm -rf /volumes/efi

reboot

IMPORTANT make sure you unlink Extra before you reboot or it will crash. You won't be able to boot the drive unless you boot another Snow drive and fix it that way. Not even Empire EFI CD will let you boot in.

You could use Empire EFI but you will have to boot to Vanilla SL Install DVD or similiar

You could always use a Distro DVD to boot to and fix it in terminal.

Just don't forget to unlink.

There may be a better or safer way to fix permissions in the mounted EFI partition by adjusting the kext utility script? I just don't know maybe google search it.

Maybe create an Alias instead but not sure if Kext Util will see it or not?

WOw, thanks a again¡ Before you post this guide, I`ve compiled chamaleon from trunk, and installed in my partition, I am not using EFI is that a problem? (sory for my dumb questions).

I copy the com.apple.Boot.plist to the /Extra folder, prepare de SSDT files as you told me, but when I reboot I see for example that my graphic card is automatically detected (8400M GS).

But... I see the following errors:

Failed to read boot sector from boot device 100h Error =1

No SMBIOS Replacment found

Invalid Character found in ProcessorOP!

DSDT CPUS not found C-states not generated.

Maybe is a problem with the configuration of this:

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>rd(0,1)/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

One more thing, I have installed Hardware monitor 4.9 and I am always near 85 degress....

claudio.

WOw, thanks a again¡ Before you post this guide, I`ve compiled chamaleon from trunk, and installed in my partition, I am not using EFI is that a problem? (sory for my dumb questions).

I copy the com.apple.Boot.plist to the /Extra folder, prepare de SSDT files as you told me, but when I reboot I see for example that my graphic card is automatically detected (8400M GS).

But... I see the following errors:

Failed to read boot sector from boot device 100h Error =1

No SMBIOS Replacment found

Invalid Character found in ProcessorOP!

DSDT CPUS not found C-states not generated.

Maybe is a problem with the configuration of this:

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>rd(0,1)/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

One more thing, I have installed Hardware monitor 4.9 and I am always near 85 degress....

claudio.

Yep, that was the error, I have changed it to

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>hd(0,1)/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

and now is working, but my cpu is really really hot, 90... I think that the problem is that my p states and c states are not working.. i see again the message that processorop! has an invalid character, no idea what this is... one more thing.. i have not modified my dsdt.aml, maybe I should move the CPU stuff to the top of it....

claudio.

What rev Mojo are you using because since rev218 that was fixed. Get the boot file from my i386 folder and if that still does not work then maybe it has to be in the EFI partition I don't know

Make sure you grabbed the com.apple.Boot.plist from my EFI.copy.zip and put those additional keys and strings inside the com.apple... to enable C and P states.

Other than that I can't help much more you have all the resources and links. that processorOP! warning should be gone with the latest build.

I hear there is a 231 build now. My boot file is 223.

I have a feeling you may have a boot file in your EFI partition?

You should go back to all the replies, edit them and remove any quotes its taking up to much space.

What rev Mojo are you using because since rev218 that was fixed. Get the boot file from my i386 folder and if that still does not work then maybe it has to be in the EFI partition I don't know

Make sure you grabbed the com.apple.Boot.plist from my EFI.copy.zip and put those additional keys and strings inside the com.apple... to enable C and P states.

Other than that I can't help much more you have all the resources and links. that processorOP! warning should be gone with the latest build.

I hear there is a 231 build now. My boot file is 223.

I have a feeling you may have a boot file in your EFI partition?

Ok, maybe the problem is that I have compiled chameleon from the trunk, I will try with your files.

I don't really know what EFI is... I know that I should ;)

Do you think that the last version from source should be working? Anyway I will try with your files :)

Thanks a millon for your time.

Ok, I have installed the last version from mozodojo and now is working, my C and P states are correctly parsed, but I don´t really understand which is the problem with my CPU temp, while I am writing this the temp is 73 aprox. .. So I was waiting to have something like 50..

In my smbios.plist I have selected MacBookPro5,1 but I have a Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0Ghz, I do not know if this may be the problem....

When I use for example, Macbook3,1 Which is more accurate with respecto to my CPU, the temp goes down to 60 but Coolbook shows that speedstep is not working :blush:.

If someone can give me some advice to see what is happening i Will really appreciate that.

Thanks a lot, special thanks to oSxFr33k, the new version of chamaleon is working ok.

Claudio.

Claudio A.,

I had the same problem in my D830. I found duplicate script in my /l/p/sc/com.apple.Boot.plist.

Make sure only this is in that file:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

Make sure there are not any other instances of com.apple.Boot.plist anywhere but in your /extra

Also remove those last two lines of script in the com.apple.Boot.plist they are unecessary as long as smbios.plist is in /extra or s/l/e

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>rd(0,0)/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

That broke my P and C states, it ran to hot.

Use VoodooMonitor and iSTAT pro and nothing else.

Voodoo Monitor is showing how perfect everything is working now. I see the voltages(Freq) change according to load. Temps are in the 40's

Cool News!

Great job, especially Slice!

Thanks to oSxFr33k and Thanks to all!

How can we be sure that C-States is working?

I tried this command i found on an osx86 site but it did not report anything as it should :

sudo ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

I now don't have the lpc warning and istat is showing the cpu, hd and gpu temps.

Any advice?

Claudio use _PSS in dsdt in my sig. untill you get autogenerated properly.

at end of dsdt is CST n other stuff. also notice on top External (npss)

im working on a dsdt from slices 1525 in my 1520.. working ok in snow. also try macbook4,1 instead of 3,1.

my dsdt in sig is old but runs cool.. undervoted sligtly.

im actualy looking for MB061LL/a _TSS T7200 p-states in a macbook (yes pss in cpu0tst not cpu0CST)

i want to add speed steps of it to mine as its close to t7250.. i will post the macbook dsdt slice gave me with my mods and the original soon.

edit:

original UNMODED X3100 from slice www.multiupload.com/KJ1PUW5SKR

in my laptop i had to remove X3100 and added NDVA. also remove all irqno except hpet added 11 and 15 and keep COPR IRQ . IN HDEF REMOVE EXTRA STUFF FOR STAC9228.

Ok, I have installed the last version from mozodojo and now is working, my C and P states are correctly parsed, but I don´t really understand which is the problem with my CPU temp, while I am writing this the temp is 73 aprox. .. So I was waiting to have something like 50..

In my smbios.plist I have selected MacBookPro5,1 but I have a Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0Ghz, I do not know if this may be the problem....

When I use for example, Macbook3,1 Which is more accurate with respecto to my CPU, the temp goes down to 60 but Coolbook shows that speedstep is not working :D.

If someone can give me some advice to see what is happening i Will really appreciate that.

Thanks a lot, special thanks to oSxFr33k, the new version of chamaleon is working ok.

Claudio.

Try Voodoo Monitor. I won't let you change voltages but will show you the Speed Step working.

VoodooMonitor.zip

Cool News!

Great job, especially Slice!

Thanks to oSxFr33k and Thanks to all!

How can we be sure that C-States is working?

I tried this command i found on an osx86 site but it did not report anything as it should :

sudo ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

I now don't have the lpc warning and istat is showing the cpu, hd and gpu temps.

Any advice?

If you don't get CSTInfo in IOREG, then i suspect, C-States aren't functional.

I've still got the LPC Register error.

No Cigar for me :)

--

AB

Brett, AB___73 or whoever may know the answer to this one?

Script Below:

OperationRegion (BSKU, SystemMemory, 0xFFBC0100, One)
   Field (BSKU, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
           ,   1, 
       BPHP,   3, 
               Offset (0x01)
   }

OperationRegion (GPE0, SystemIO, 0x042C, 0x04)
   Field (GPE0, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
           ,   1, 
       GPEH,   1, 
           ,   7, 
       PEEN,   1, 
           ,   1, 
       PMEE,   1, 
               Offset (0x03), 
       PCIX,   1, 
               Offset (0x04)
   }

WHat is the purpose of this script?

Your correct these functions do not add anything to our DSDT. Must have been some left over code copied from another DSDT.

FYI:

This code refers to the General Purpose Event and ours is located at PM_BASE+0x2C, so even we tried to use the script above we would have to change the SystemIO address to 0x102C. The SystemIO used in the script above must have came from a DSDT with a PM_BASE of 0x400 (Mac, or Desktop PC).

On another topic:

I've also found that our GPIO base address is 0x1080. this is located in position 0x48 of our lpc device. We need to change this in our DSDT, if we would like to use these fields properly.

This info comes from the Intel ICH8 chipset reference, located at the intel website.

--

AB

ab___73,

Could CSTinfo be labelled as something else in the ioreg? I can confirm I have speed step working perfectly and my temps. are even lower than before about 10 degrees lower.

I don't see pssInfo either in Ioreg yet I know for sure speed step is working.

Could you post a snippit of the code so I can find it. I cannot find that part of the code with that address?

Here is my code:

}

OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x0500, 0x3C)
   Field (GPIO, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
   {
       GU00,   8, 
       GU01,   8, 
       GU02,   8, 
       GU03,   8, 
       GIO0,   8, 
       GIO1,   8, 
       GIO2,   8, 
       GIO3,   8, 

The Mojodojo Chamelon Boot is what I have in the root of my EFI HFS+ partition:

Hi oSxFr33k. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us! Question: is it required to install the Mojodoji boot in an HFS+ partition, or can it be installed on the OS-X partition as is typically done with Chameleon? I've tried the HFS+ method before and I'm not really a fan. After doing it (and I believe that I used the same guide), I was no longer able to make changes to the partitions on my drive, and the only way to restore it back to normal was to start 100% fresh, wiping out all the partitions.

Hi oSxFr33k. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us! Question: is it required to install the Mojodoji boot in an HFS+ partition, or can it be installed on the OS-X partition as is typically done with Chameleon? I've tried the HFS+ method before and I'm not really a fan. After doing it (and I believe that I used the same guide), I was no longer able to make changes to the partitions on my drive, and the only way to restore it back to normal was to start 100% fresh, wiping out all the partitions.

All of my testing was done with the boot file in EFI HFS+. Reason I do that is because I usually have 2 or 3 partitions and both SNow Leopard installs share the same EFI partition with the Extra etc.

I am sure you can install that into the root / of your drive. In theory is should not matter where it is. So your Extra folder will be in the root as well with your DSDT and SSDT files etc.

I am sure you can install that into the root / of your drive. In theory is should not matter where it is. So your Extra folder will be in the root as well with your DSDT and SSDT files etc.

I have tried it, and I have working P-States as according to CoolBook, no heat problem, but I am still getting the LPC error on boot (seems to be behaving quite close to the way it did before).

You mentioned that the P-States and C-States are being correctly parsed. Where do you find this out?

Also, the boot loader is showing in all text even though I have Boot Graphics set to yes. Are you getting this as well?

Thanks.

Immo

ab___73,

Could CSTinfo be labelled as something else in the ioreg? I can confirm I have speed step working perfectly and my temps. are even lower than before about 10 degrees lower.

I don't see pssInfo either in Ioreg yet I know for sure speed step is working.

Could you post a snippit of the code so I can find it. I cannot find that part of the code with that address?

Here is my code:

}

OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x0500, 0x3C)
   {
       GU00,   8, 
       GU01,   8, 
       GU02,   8, 
       GU03,   8, 
       GIO0,   8, 
       GIO1,   8, 
       GIO2,   8, 
       GIO3,   8, 

@oSxFr33k,

I've never seen a key called PSSInfo, we know PSS is working in IOREG by finding items in the Array key:

"PerfomanceStateArray"

Or by using voodoomonitor, or coolbookcontroller.

I think you have P-States working, that's great! These will help cool your CPU, temperature difference between P-State code, could be undervolting your CPU with the P-States package.

Change your code to :

OperationRegion (GPIO, SystemIO, 0x1080, 0x3C)
   {
       GU00,   8, 
       GU01,   8, 
       GU02,   8, 
       GU03,   8, 
       GIO0,   8, 
       GIO1,   8, 
       GIO2,   8, 
       GIO3,   8, 

How to find this address:

$ lspci -xxxvvv -d8086:2815

Gives you:

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801HEM (ICH8M) LPC Interface Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 022e
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0
Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information <?>
00: 86 80 15 28 07 01 10 02 02 00 01 06 00 00 80 00
10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 28 10 2e 02
30: 00 00 00 00 e0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40: [color="#0000FF"]01 10[/color] 00 00 80 00 00 00 [color="#FF0000"]81 10[/color] 00 00 10 00 00 00
50: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60: 07 0a 80 80 91 00 00 00 0b 0a 09 80 00 00 00 00

Red bytes:

Swap these bytes gives: 10 81 and take away 01, address for GPIO is 0x1080.

I've confirmed this with vanilla DSDT from an Acer Netbook and a Gigabyte motherboard.

Blue bytes:

Our PMBASE, swap and take away 01, address for PMBASE is 0x1000.

We now need to copy code to get this working, and also the EC device working, i think these are essential to allow the LPC device to get registered in the OS.

--

AB

immo

my specs are nearly identical to yours. m1330. T8300. 8400GS.

I have been fine using Brett's generic DSDT w/ fixes, but recently have turned to a forum troll in trying to learn how to create custom DSDT to enable all hardware and power management. I receive the same LPC error no matter what.

I want to try new chameleon/mozodojo bootloader, however need to fix this error.

So now I have been comparing tons of patches on projectosx and trying to fix LPC device no luck.

could comparing real MBPro4,1 (closest specs) dumps to our hw dumps provide a clue as to how to enable management through /E/DSDT.aml?

basically I want to figure out what translations are needed.

Anyone have luck with fakeSMCSuperIO? All I can tell from CPUZ is I have some SMSC chip, no model... however SuperIO reads an unsupported ITE chip in kernel.log?

I've tried to translate Slices "monitor patch" however dont know where it fits in my DSDT, so I'm not loading ACPImonitor in plugins.

anyone getting lucky or is smart on an m1330 t8300?

If you don't get CSTInfo in IOREG, then i suspect, C-States aren't functional.

I've still got the LPC Register error.

No Cigar for me :wacko:

--

AB

Hi AB,

In fact, after trying the last version of Chameleon from mozodojo (rev 238) and using fakesmc from Slice rev 384, i'm still getting lpc errors that had disseapered from my boot logs for some hours... too bad.

Here is the screenshot of the istat showing many temps monitor with the last fakesmc kext from Slice :

post-138491-1280221506_thumb.png

@oSxFr33k,

What revision of Mozodojo Chameleon are using to get lpc warning away?

Could you post it?

Any other advice?

Thanks for all your work!

Julien.

immo

my specs are nearly identical to yours. m1330. T8300. 8400GS.

I have been fine using Brett's generic DSDT w/ fixes, but recently have turned to a forum troll in trying to learn how to create custom DSDT to enable all hardware and power management. I receive the same LPC error no matter what.

I want to try new chameleon/mozodojo bootloader, however need to fix this error.

So now I have been comparing tons of patches on projectosx and trying to fix LPC device no luck.

could comparing real MBPro4,1 (closest specs) dumps to our hw dumps provide a clue as to how to enable management through /E/DSDT.aml?

basically I want to figure out what translations are needed.

Anyone have luck with fakeSMCSuperIO? All I can tell from CPUZ is I have some SMSC chip, no model... however SuperIO reads an unsupported ITE chip in kernel.log?

I've tried to translate Slices "monitor patch" however dont know where it fits in my DSDT, so I'm not loading ACPImonitor in plugins.

anyone getting lucky or is smart on an m1330 t8300?

Basically everything I know I have put in the guide. So follow the guide and you will get to the same point where I am (see my sig for what works/does not). Note power management DOES work but C-states DO NOT. P-states and sleep work fine. About the LMC issue read the last couple of pages for a possible solution: people are hard at work. I haven't been able to make it work for myself on an M1330 yet, though I haven't been able to put as much time into it as I'd like. About other possible solutions you've given, I have no experience there.

Question: why would you use Brett's DSDT on an M1330? It is specific to the M1530 which is similar but different (for example the built in ethernet is completely different), and the one I did for M1330 has all the same patches as applicable.

Immo

Excuse my mistake. I am using the m1330 non-specific CPU DSDT w patches at bottom of post#1.

However I am wondering if those using the latest FakeSMC are using the ACPIMonitor plugin there?

This does require some patching to the DSDT, not sure if I need plugin, but thought it might help me monitor fan speed and or temps other than HD, CPUA&B, GPU. perhaps this is all that is possible, but these temps are killing the pads of my hands. always in the 55-60C range,

Slices posts and decompiled dsl show this device added to the Device LPCB

Device (WSEC)   //I think it is Winbond
			 {
				 Name (TBSE, 0x0AAC)
				 Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C02"))
				 Name (_CID, "monitor")	 //my addition
				 Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
				 {
					 IO (Decode16,
						 0x004E,			 // Range Minimum	
				 OperationRegion (TMIF, SystemMemory, 0xFF800160, 0x20)
				 Field (TMIF, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
				 {
					 THS0,   8,	 // thermometer, used by Thermal Zone
					 THS1,   8,	 // unknown sensor 
					 THS2,   8,	// one more
							 Offset (0x08), 
					 FAN1,   8,	// FAN, the only one I have
							 Offset (0x10), 
					 TSP0,   8,	// hot point?
					 TSC0,   8,   // critical temperature used by Thermal Zone
					 TSP1,   8,   // ??
					 TSC1,   8	// catastrophic value?
				 }

should this Device be added to our Device (ISAB)?

Does this device already exist, does the WSEC name matter (not sure my device is Winbond).

Also the Methods

Method (SMC0, 0, NotSerialized) //System FAN0
				 {
					 Store (FAN1, Local0)
					 Return (Local0)
				  }

Method (SMCA, 0, NotSerialized) //CPU heatsink
				 {
					 Store (THS0, Local0)
					 Return (Local0)
				  }

Method (SMCB, 0, NotSerialized) //MCH Northbrige
				 {
					 Store (THS1, Local0)
					 Return (Local0)
				  }

Method (SMCC, 0, NotSerialized) //AUX sensor
				 {
					 Store (THS2, Local0)
					 Return (Local0)
				  }

My main curiosity is if people are using the nonCPUspecific DSDT on post #1 and if this is the only device that I need to patch.

Also I am curious if changing Device names to Apple equivalents will improve device recognition or performance.

ISAB>LPCB

TMR>TIMR

USB1>UHC1

PIC>IPIC

CRD0>FRWR

AC>ADP1

etc...

Which mac model are m1330 T8300 nVidia are people using in smbios? I,ve been reading MacbookPro4,1 is pretty close, and some make there own model #

My main curiosity is if people are using the nonCPUspecific DSDT on post #1 and if this is the only device that I need to patch.

Also I am curious if changing Device names to Apple equivalents will improve device recognition or performance.

ISAB>LPCB

TMR>TIMR

USB1>UHC1

PIC>IPIC

CRD0>FRWR

AC>ADP1

etc...

Which mac model are m1330 T8300 nVidia are people using in smbios? I,ve been reading MacbookPro4,1 is pretty close, and some make there own model #

I would guess you do not need those patches as oSxFr33k has found in post #421 that no patches were necessary to make FakeSMC monitoring work for the latest release. The same will probably be true on an M1330 since they are so similar, but I have yet to try it to confirm it.

UPDATE works like a charm. You get HD, both CPU, and GPU temps with the latest M1330 any cpu DSDT same as with Brett's on the M1530. But now I see what you mean by the missing fan readout. Maybe you are right about needing patches for that. I don't believe there are any other temperatures to get readouts for.

I'm not sure about the device names. I have noticed renaming AZAL to HDEF does have an effect on OS-X, so it's possible other devices will as well. Doesn't hurt to try.

I got speed step to work by using MacbookPro5,1. I tried 4,1 but could not make it work. This is because the number of P-States defined in MacbookPro4,1 (3 I believe) does not match the P-state count of our machines (6), and MacbookPro5,1 does not care about the number of P-states. It's possible to change the MacbookPro4,1 definition to change the number of P-states it has but I have not tried this. It was a long time ago that I played with this, and you can find it in this thread if you dig back far enough. I have not tried with Mojodojo boot, but my guess is you will run into the same problems.

I have tried it, and I have working P-States as according to CoolBook, no heat problem, but I am still getting the LPC error on boot (seems to be behaving quite close to the way it did before).

You mentioned that the P-States and C-States are being correctly parsed. Where do you find this out?

Also, the boot loader is showing in all text even though I have Boot Graphics set to yes. Are you getting this as well?

Thanks.

Immo

Immo and overshoot

From ab___73 post above it looks like CST is still not enabled. Since the update my temps dropped 10 degrees and VoodooMonitor showed the varying voltages so I assumed both CST and PSS were enabled.

Its still a good update for cooler running XPS M1330, M1530 and my D830 machines.

There something with the Dell Bios causing this LPC issue. It has to be Dell's Bios. Remember how some of the Dells had to have CPU=1 before chameleon came around. That was an issue that seemed to be notoriously targeted on certain Dell Laptops from what I remember. Something only Chameleon EFI could fix.

We have to investigate this more. Maybe looking it how Linux handles LPC.

@immo

Make sure Quite Boot = Yes

Immo and overshoot

From ab___73 post above it looks like CST is still not enabled. Since the update my temps dropped 10 degrees and VoodooMonitor showed the varying voltages so I assumed both CST and PSS were enabled.

Its still a good update for cooler running XPS M1330, M1530 and my D830 machines.

There something with the Dell Bios causing this LPC issue. It has to be Dell's Bios. Remember how some of the Dells had to have CPU=1 before chameleon came around. That was an issue that seemed to be notoriously targeted on certain Dell Laptops from what I remember. Something only Chameleon EFI could fix.

We have to investigate this more. Maybe looking it how Linux handles LPC.

@immo

Make sure Quite Boot = Yes

That C-state problem sure isn't an easy one to solve! As you said, still a good update. I can't verify it since I don't have a readout, but I get the feeling that the fans are on more often/faster with the Mojodojo solution. Could this be why the temps are lower? As for the quiet boot option, that's not quite what I was looking for, as I have a multiboot set up, and if I use quiet boot I loose the ability to choose the OS. It's not a big deal, but I had a graphical GUI with Chameleon 4 from VoodooProjects, but I can't seem to get anything but a text GUI with Mojodojo. I'll play with it a little more when I get the chance.

Thanks

Immo

@oSxFr33k,

Does the "ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo" command gives you something?

in order to be sure you have C-states...

If yes i will try the rev of Chameleon you're using (rev 204).

Thanks.

Julien.