• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
WORKS IN LION with newer next :D

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_07_13_um_01.54.31.png   1.08MB   702 downloads

I have a Sitecom 608 branded usb wifi stick, added Ralinks official latest drivers ( 32+64bit ) and used their "utility". Sadly this has issues with Lions Fullscreen mode featue, the utility activates itself, pops up in front of a app and disconnects the connection.

So until ralink makes a Lion compatible utilty I searched for som small ap that will just let me choose my profile. I found this topic here and lucky I am - it works in Lion (GM).

the prefpane is 32bit only, but that is no real problem - it just asks you to launch in 32bit mode.

need to delete the original ralink utility from Startupitems, else the both confuse each other.

SL/LION working KEXT 32/64 inlcluded for Rt2870, Rt2770, Rt3X7X , Rt537X

Attached File  SL_Lion_ready_Ralink_Airport_USB_RT2870.zip   1.5MB   1441 downloads

rimmi2002

rimmi2002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Great Find! Thanks. My Ralink utility is giving me trouble in Lion. I'll try this. Where did you find it? Good to know for future updates. Thanks!

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Pref Panel says Error, 10.7.2

Frank Nitty

Frank Nitty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Hustle
Using Belkin F5D8053, confirmed working in 10.7.3.
Download Here
Credit Goes to Skvo

mitsuzer0

mitsuzer0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Aqua-mac, maybe here i reinstalled the default driver included in iatkos s3-v2, because is work when installed :moil: , but when restart the mac, that kext dont work (only says ... is not conected)...
but, its works (Diamond Network360000N - Ralink 3070)

i post the kext, if anybody wants to try it..
and Again Thanks Aqua-mac
Attached File  RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip   737.37KB   208 downloads

iPho

iPho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Hi, I have download airport-ralink.zip from a post in the first page of this thread but with OS X Lion 10.7.4 the package AirPort Connection doesn't work.
How can I do?

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
ny news for 10.8.2?

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Works fine on 10.8.2

Gwion Smith

Gwion Smith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey aqua-mac! Loved the airport mod, but it took a bit of modding myself to get it to work. At the moment i'm using ralink's ui, instead of your prefpane, because on mountain lion; sysprefs has to quit and restart to use your pref-pane(32bit), which is a pain upon rebooting.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
i just test this : ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/Czech/DWA-125/driver_s...AC_v2.3.8.0.zip
install kext, repair permission...
reboot my computer, plug my etmc wifi usb adaptator
no device found on my 10.8.2 OS X T420
Any help will be appreciated

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,862 posts
Same thing happened here, I tried many installers from different vendors on 10.8.2.
I have a cheap Protronix device with the Ralink 3070 chip.

Uninstall what you have (run the uninstaller on the .dmg) and try this package, it worked for me.

Only, instead of the kext in that package, use this one (4.2.6.0 for Mountain Lion, extracted from the latest Ralink installer):
Attached File  RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext.zip   631.72KB   186 downloads

Follow the instructions given, but don't use Kext Utility, install the kernel extension manually like this:

Drag it to /System/Library/Extensions, ignore any warning, run Terminal and type this:
sudo -s (enter your password)
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext
chmod -R go=u-w /System/Library/Extensions/RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext
touch /System/Library/Extensions
Exit
And reboot.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
thanks for the tip Gringo Vermelho
i add

<key>Ralink2870</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>9587</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5263</integer>
</dict>
in RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext/Info.plist

Identifiant du produit : 0x2573 9587
Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x148f 5263

the led of the "emtec ekcowidu1" wifi stick is green :)
but is not detected with .prefpane neither by .app

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,862 posts
Shouldn't product and vendor be 2573 and 148f...?

amsk98

amsk98

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
its support wireless PCI Ralink RT2561 & RT2661

DAXGr

DAXGr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:C#, Game development and hobbyist automation.
Can anyone tell me why the heck the first time I install official ralink drivers RTUSB D2870-4.2.6.0 UI-4.0.8.0_2012_09_28.dmg the first time I reboot I can see networks and connect to them but after a reboot the Ralink Wireless Utility appears for 10ms and closes instantly? Running it from the Applications folder does the same. Manually running as (even root ) from the ..Utility.app/Contents/MacOS folder the executable shows in log **CFMessageportRemote loggout exit.... After a quick googling it i reach here http://developer.app.../reference.html. SO anyone knows of a good Mac OSX reversing tool like ida pro? I know that the target process is a binary in the ralink driver resources but other than that it cant connect to it nothing.. :P

Hyper_Thread

Hyper_Thread

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I confirm that it works fine on ML 10.8.4 as described below by onelove.
Thank you very much aqua-mac for the good work.

hey aqua-mac thanks for creating the Ralink system pref and making the Ralink AirPort menu icon work with 2870.

Anyhow I am currently using your RalinkAirport.app and rename it to USBWirelessUtility.app in Application Folder, also install your Ralink system pref and use this latest driver from Ralink website: http://www.ralinktec.../Macintosh.html

Which I just extract and install two file using Pacifist as you can see below:
System\Library\Extensions\RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext
System\Library\StartupItems\WiUtilityUSBStartUp

After doing this I notice that I don't have to add RalinkAirport.app to the login items, if you just rename RalinkAirport.app to USBWirelessUtility.app and install the WiUtilityUSBStartUp, it will auto connect to WiFi when you startup your mac or if you remove USB dongle and reinsert or vice-versa.

TaDem

TaDem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks aqua-mac

Works great on 10.9 Mavericks GM with my Aztech WL552USB !!!

I followed onelove steps installtion method and I had to replaced the kext with the offical Ralink\MediaTek driver

from here:

http://www.mediatek....dows.php?sn=502

USB(RT2870/RT2770/RT3X7X/RT537X) V4.2.6.0

aqua-mac

I just try and test your Aquamac_Wireless_Ralink_Drivers.zip aka aquamac ralink wireless drivers v5
and notice that your WiUtilityUSBStartUp did not work... And this is what I found out...

1. Notice that Ralinkairport.app is in /Applications/Ralink/RalinkAirport.app and "AppDaemonUSB" (Which is in WiUtilityUSBStartup) look for USBWirelessUtility.app in /Applications/USBWirelessUtility.app only, that why I rename Ralinkairport.app to USBWirelessUtility.app.

2. In WiUtilityUSBStartUp folder is missing one more file which is call WiUtilityUSBStartUp or you could just rename AppDaemonUSB to WiUtilityUSBStartUp instead of adding original WiUtilityUSBStartUp file and also it need chmod 755 and chown root:wheel permissions to make it work..

Anyhow I have provide a zip version and a installer script I just made so that you can test it out...

Anyhow you will notice I don't have to add "RalinkAirport" and "USBWirelessUtility" to login items as WiUtilityUSBStartUp just startup Ralinkairport for me when I turn on mac after I setup the profile in RalinkWireless System Preferences as it really work for me. So I don't need to use your mod USBWirelessUtility version to make it work.

1<3

I extracted the pkg and took out the driver and replaced onelove's kext, at  ralinkinstalltion/root/System/Library/Extenstion/

for anyone intersted in the driver only, i uploaded it in this link

https://dl.dropboxus...Driver.kext.zip

The only thing needed to make this better, is to fix the preference panle restart when using RalinkWireless, im gussing as @Gwion Smith said it's 32-bit.

screenshots below

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-17%20at%204.33.0

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-17%20at%204.33.2

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-17%20at%204.58.5

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Will this work with Belkin N150 adapter ? Any help ?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,862 posts

It will work if your Belkin N150 uses a Ralink (now Mediatek) chip supported by the driver.

The least you can do is find out what chip it has and then ask again - don't expect others to do basic research on your hardware for you.

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Thanks for your answer, I don't want anyone to do basic research for my hardware and that's not the point of my post.
A Lot of users are not very familiar with the hardware specifications or which parameters we have to look for, which are the correct ones for the whole thing to search.
Maybe for you is easy but i read the post and didin't get the point of the mediatek chip.I thought that Belkin is another adapter,different story with modifications.
We are not all experts you know, or native english speakers.
Whatever,thanks for your help,i will go search for the chip thing and not get you tired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy