ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

basiclty if it's a acpi patcher i would like to patch just becouse i lost shutdown ability after inserting gainward gf9400gt into the pc and installing the kext. i'm really desperate now so i'm trying everything. i have just downloaded windows live cd, will extract it into a usb pen and then flash the bios with newest original available on asus site. will report back.

A waste of time! You don't have to use a Windows Live CD.

Like I said, you should read your motherboard manual, more precisely the beginning of the BIOS section.

Just drop the BIOS file on your FAT-16 formatted pen drive (it doesn't have to be bootable) and hold ALT+F2 during boot to start the built-in flash utility (EZ-Flash). If you have no bootable OS on your computer right now, just download the BIOS file on another computer.

You don't have to flash your board with a patched BIOS, and being an ASUS board with AMI BIOS, it probably wouldn't work anyway.

Of course you'll still need Windows to run ACPI patcher and create a patched DSDT.aml.

The good news is that you can run it and create a patched DSDT from your BIOS file on any PC. It doesn't matter what PC you use, because ACPI Patcher patches a BIOS file that you've downloaded, not the BIOS on the motherboard of the PC it's running on.

/EDIT Aug. 2009

I'll have to take some of that back. According to Kabyl (and verified by me after I regained consciousness) If you're going to use DSDT.aml, you must always extract it from a running system. As it turns out, the BIOS itself will add some stuff to the DSDT which is not present in the BIOS file that you download from your motherboard manufacturer (on mine there's a change in some memory locations and an EISA ID). This means that the DSDT.aml that koalala's ACPIPatcher builds for you - if it is extracted from a BIOS file - is only good for patching a BIOS file that you are going to flash to the motherboard.

To extract the DSDT from a running system you can use Lavalys Everest under Windows. Right click the bar at the bottom of the window and find the DSDT dumping controls there. Then use the resulting DSDT.bin with ACPIPatcher.

Note that if you do the same thing under OSX (extract the DSDT on a running system for example using fassl's DSDT Patcher) and you're already using a DSDT.aml, you will be extracting the same DSDT that you have already patched! Catch 22. So extract the DSDT in Windows or Linux if you can.

There seems to be a problem with the patcher and overclocking. I patched an F5/F6d GA-EP35-DS4 BIOS with Patcher02B5 and I can no longer overclock my Q9300 to 3GHz (Clock 400MHz - default @333Mhz). System resets back to normal right after the first boot. I never had any problems with overclocking and the original BIOS. To be more specific, RAM overclocking works without any problems, however when I try to change the clock, system resets back to defaults.

Settings I used if that helps:

General: All checked including fixes

Network: GIGE PEX 5, Fix GP9, Use Time machine

Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800 GS, 384M, Dual DVI, Use DSDT GFX, PCI 0, PEGP

Audio: Realtek ALC889a, Use HDEF Audio

Compile: 0 warning, 0 error

EDIT: Lost correct sleep. PC now falls into a reboot loop after waking from sleep but I believe this is a known issue with GA mobos.

• 2 weeks later...
There seems to be a problem with the patcher and overclocking. I patched an F5/F6d GA-EP35-DS4 BIOS with Patcher02B5 and I can no longer overclock my Q9300 to 3GHz (Clock 400MHz - default @333Mhz). System resets back to normal right after the first boot. I never had any problems with overclocking and the original BIOS. To be more specific, RAM overclocking works without any problems, however when I try to change the clock, system resets back to defaults.

Settings I used if that helps:

General: All checked including fixes

Network: GIGE PEX 5, Fix GP9, Use Time machine

Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800 GS, 384M, Dual DVI, Use DSDT GFX, PCI 0, PEGP

Audio: Realtek ALC889a, Use HDEF Audio

Compile: 0 warning, 0 error

EDIT: Lost correct sleep. PC now falls into a reboot loop after waking from sleep but I believe this is a known issue with GA mobos.

Can you post your bios?

I might be able to fix the overclocking issue.

-OMN

You just made my GA-EP35-DS3L a lot cleaner. I used beta 4. Should I use beta 5 or no reason if beta 4 worked? Thanks. I will post my selections in detail later.

I made a new DSDT with beta 5 this time. I used GIGE on PEX4, Fix GP9, Time Machine Fix, 7600GT 256MB on PCI0 with Use DSDT GFX and PEGP, ALC888-2 with Use HDEF. Selected Generate DSDT, Stop on Warning, and all 4 fixes: Local0, WAK, DGPT, and MUTE.

Compiled fine with no errors. Works great, I was able to remove the EFI string for graphics and ethernet, as well as removed HDAEnabler.kext from my Extensions.mkext in Extra.

It runs fine without IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext, but temps are 10+ degrees hotter, so I kept it. I still need OpenHaltRestart.kext for restart and shutdown, even with VoodooPower.kext still in /S/L/E/.

Just a little more vanilla now, thanks all.

Having a DSDT.aml in combination with Chameleon seems like an awsome thing to have. I tried the patcher in combination with my latest Intel DP43TF bios file (NB0077.BIO) and it doesn't work. Get all kinds of wierd errors. To check whether I understood the concept I tried patching a Gigabyte bios file and it went great. Offcourse I couldn't test it...;) My question is, am I overlooking something or is this patcher only meant for certain types of biosfiles. Does that exclude my Intel board?

Thanks in advance, help is much appriciated for this last hurdle to a retail install.

Hi

I'm really stack here and don't know what to use of these options.. Appreciate any tip..

What should I use for the network, don't know witch one is mine.. :(

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acpipatcher.jpg

This is my IORegistry but i don't know witch one is mine.. if it's pci or pop and what number should I use.. etc..

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=io...tryexplorer.png

Btw there is some fixes that may effect the sleep negative so I would love to know what dose for example MUTE and Local0 fixes and should I use them.. what about WAK and DGPT...

Looking forward for some help guys.. Thanks!

Great work koalala :blink:

Take one more look at your ioregistryexplorer screen shot...you can see very clearly that your 88E8056 is at P0P6.

You could always do a handful of DSDT.aml with different fixes, try them in order and see what happens.

Take one more look at your ioregistryexplorer screen shot...you can see very clearly that your 88E8056 is at P0P6.

You could always do a handful of DSDT.aml with different fixes, try them in order and see what happens.

Excat, big help :)

And i do this way: Because the great win dsdt patcher easy reports back compile errors, i do first select none of the general fixes (WAK, lokal0,..). Most of us get errors - cant compile.

So i do select one fix (WAK) and recompile - less errors, then select another fix (lokal0) - no errors and an compiled .aml as result.

I recommend to do the same: add general fixes (one each) until you get zero compile errors.

Thats my base.aml (dsdt.aml/.dsdt) i test first. If that worked i add the special fixes (LAN, GPU, TM fix) and recompile again.

I think doing that dsdt process is like using patched .kext: less (means all working) is mostly better than fix all you can. For All you can... is pizza hut much better ;) ;)

Really nice tool!

Quick Question... This patcher works great btw... I have alc662 audio. When I patch my bios file, do I select hdef audio and just use the applehda.kext patched for 662? Or, is that option not meant for that audio chipset?

Why don't you try it and see.

The worst thing that can happen is that you get no sound.

Remember to put back vanilla AppleHDA.kext and remove HDAEnabler or whatever modifications you're using before testing.

I have in a few ways and can't remember what settings I had.. I'm currently using a bios flash without the hdef audio checked. Although I am using the patched applehda.kext with "new 662". I get all of my ports working... But, if I select hidef audio when patching the bios file, I get the audio pane in the system profiler with all of the ports being detected but no sound device listed under sound in system preferences.. My question basically is, is the audio portion only for the 888 chipset?

I think I made it clear that I'm not sure if I had pci or p0p and if u took a better look at my IORegistry then u are going to see that both pci and p0p is presented! I had to be sure what to choose.

What about the hardware location number should I use like the p0p presented p0p6 or just 0 or 1 etc dose it matter..?

What about GP9 fix Beerkex'd u had done something with that in kolalas thread is that the same.. should I use that option too or not..?

Still no body explained what dose MUTE and Local0 fixes and should I use them.. what about WAK and DGPT.. When I patch the bios I get 0 errors and 14 warnings and 92 optimizing but still I need to know what dose these fixes and if the effect my expansive mobo.. maximus 2 formula just in case guys.. :)

Finally after everything is set and I have patch the dsdt.aml and putting it in the root, what kext should I keep and remove in mkext.. like ionetwork that I patched should I use the yukon2 plist or the ionetwork kext... ??

These fixes has to do something with the system.. HOW can I know witch one has to do with disabler for example and what about openhaltrestart witch fixes fix that then.. So it's important that such info is presented..

Thanks guys :)

If WAK, Local0 and the other fixes don't give any errors (or better yet, results in less errors) when compiling, you can safely select them.

Try them one at a time and check the error count - just like Mitch says.

Since the device tree in IORegistry clearly shows that your 88E8056 is located at P0P6, you should of course use P0P6. :)

Try with GP9 and without GP9. There is no way for me to tell if you need this or not.

If you've patched IONetworkingFamily.kext with Time Machine Fix, you should restore a vanilla one after fixing Time Machine via DSDT.

You'll still need an AppleYukon2.plist with IDs for the 88E8056 in it.

Remember that AppleYukon2.plist will not work on its own, it depends on IOPCIFamily.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Place a copy of vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext, and IONetworkingFamily.kext in extensions.mkext with only your edited AppleYukon2.plist inside the plugins folder.

There's probably a neater way to do this, but that's what I'm doing at the moment.

As for disabler.kext, open it and check info.plist to see what it disables.

Post here what kernel you are using and what kexts disabler.kext is configured to disable.

Try with GP9 and without GP9. There is no way for me to tell if you need this or not.

I thought that was the same gp9 that you discuss with krazubu in this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140085

Beerkex'd we both know that I made my own legacy kext so don't forget to point that :P

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1108465

Anyway I hope dsdt can fix my interrupt problems with yukon 88E8056:

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - recovering from missed interrupt

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 sk98osx_dnet - recovering from missed interrupt

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000001 sk98osx sky2 - - sk98osx_sky2::replaceOrCopyPacket tried N times

AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000001 sk98osx sky2 - - sk98osx_sky2::replaceOrCopyPacket tried N times

I'm using vanilla 9.6 and the disabler kext is for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext so I hope I don't need to use disabler kext in mkext and dsdt can fix that with some fixes that I still don't know what they stand for etc... RTC is simple to under stand but what is MUTE, WAK or DGPT...

thanks for your help..

Yes it is the same GP9 they talk about in that thread but as I already said there's no way for me to tell if you need it or not.

Try with it and then try without it.

I know you've made your own legacy kext, that's why I didn't understand why you were asking. As I already told you via PM, after putting the 88E8056 in the DSDT you still need to load your patched kext - the vanilla kext does not include IDs for the 88E8056 and patching the DSDT does not change that fact.

If IntelCPUPowerblabla isn't working on your system, you still need to disable it after patching DSDT.

After patching DSDT, try without disabler.kext and if it crashes just put it back again.

Don't be afraid to experiment and don't expect to get it right the first time. Try different things and see what works better on your hardware. That's what everybody else does. If you are asking about these things because you are in a hurry your best option is to buy a real mac.

I have in a few ways and can't remember what settings I had.. I'm currently using a bios flash without the hdef audio checked. Although I am using the patched applehda.kext with "new 662". I get all of my ports working... But, if I select hidef audio when patching the bios file, I get the audio pane in the system profiler with all of the ports being detected but no sound device listed under sound in system preferences.. My question basically is, is the audio portion only for the 888 chipset?

It appears that it is intended for the 888 audio chipset... I have my bios flashed for hidef audio and am using the patched alc662 AppleHDA.kext. All works great as it was anyway.. I was trying to avoid using a patched applehda.kext. Looks like for this audio chipset you must.

Someone please help me.....Unable to use PS/2 keyboard with patched DSDT.aml on root of partition

Biostar G31-M7 TE v6.3

Intel Pentium D 3.4GHZ

Apple OEM GeForce 7300GT 256MB

PS/2 Keyb & USB Mouse

2GB PC800MHz RAM

IDE 160GB HDD GPT -- Mac OS X 10.5.6

IDE DVD Drive

SATA 250GB HDD MBR -- Win XP SP3

Unable to boot any Hackintosh disc from JaS 10.4.8 to iDeneb 10.5.6 unless i set bios to single core mode and boot with "-s".

Already installed PS/2 fix from iDeneb Disk and

If i extract the DSDT Table from bios patch the CPU's and put it in root of partition, disable the single core option in bios it boots and recognizes the 2 Cores of the CPU....

But the DAMN PS/2 Keyboard goes to helll.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i delete DSDT.aml from root or HDD and enable single core option in BIOS boot with "-s" it can boot but takes a lot of time to boot and keyboard works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already tried deleting only the CPU aliases and recompiling putting the resulting DSDT.aml in root of HDD and doesnt work.

I dont want to reflash the BIOS just in case i loose Keyboard.

Link to bios download page for mainboard

Bios Download page

Direct link to BIOS File for my motherboard

Direct link to BIOS File