nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

Eno thanks for the great job. Just a note of my installation hoping it helps to further develop the driver.

I'm on an Asus Striker II NSE (790i) with 2 0373 LAN ports and installed 0.61.2alpha.

At boot (I'm using 10.5.5. with either 9.4b1 or 9.5a8 voodoo kernel) both port are coorectly addressed and I can see both MAC adress (ie the driver is reiterated for both ports) but then only is shown in network System Preferences and only one is working.

Hope it helps in your development.

actually those kext not really working for me,

my ethernet card was detected and i can configure it,

but the main problem is I can not connect to the internet,

if I assign the IP by DHCP, it will get 169.254.xxx.xxx and the subnet 255.255.0.0

that does not match with my router config, and still can not connect to the internet

but if I assign the IP manually, I can not connect to the internet

and the worst is I can not ping my own router.

guys, do you have solution for this??

Turn off you PC, remove the power cable for about 30 seconds, a little more to be sure, better yet remove the LAN cable aswell. and plug them back, power on your pc, boot into mac, and it SHOULD work :D

However it gives me a kernel panic after a while...I have the P5N-D 750i nForce MoBo with the MCP51 (430i nForce Ethernet Controller)

Any suggestions?

Turn off you PC, remove the power cable for about 30 seconds, a little more to be sure, better yet remove the LAN cable aswell. and plug them back, power on your pc, boot into mac, and it SHOULD work :)

However it gives me a kernel panic after a while...I have the P5N-D 750i nForce MoBo with the MCP51 (430i nForce Ethernet Controller)

Any suggestions?

It would be great if I could see some sort of trace of the crash. Alternatively, if the driver actually spit out some messages to /var/log/system.log those will help me determine the source as well.

If you can get the computer to crash at boot again if you boot up in verbose mode (-v) you can see the last few messages.

actually those kext not really working for me,

my ethernet card was detected and i can configure it,

but the main problem is I can not connect to the internet,

if I assign the IP by DHCP, it will get 169.254.xxx.xxx and the subnet 255.255.0.0

that does not match with my router config, and still can not connect to the internet

but if I assign the IP manually, I can not connect to the internet

and the worst is I can not ping my own router.

guys, do you have solution for this??

What kind of card do you have? Are the link lights on the card on? What messages do you see in your /var/log/system.log that begin with com_triton_forcedeth? If you have used the machine with linux does the card work properly?

Turn off you PC, remove the power cable for about 30 seconds, a little more to be sure, better yet remove the LAN cable aswell. and plug them back, power on your pc, boot into mac, and it SHOULD work <_<

Any suggestions?

you totally rock!!!

i'm replying this using leopard...

but,how it work??

Hi,

I've allready downloaded the last "0.61.3alpha_osx" that's working! However only when cpus=1 otherwise it's freezing.

I've tried to add 0x026910de to Info.plist file but it doesn't changed anything.

Is anyone else has a solution ?

My config :

Asus P5n32 680i

2Go RAM

Leopard on IDE 10.5.4 (iATKOS v4)

Nvidia 8800 GT 512Mo

Hey guys!! I installed the 0.61.2alpha_osx using OSX86 tools and it worked BEAUTIFULLY...UNTIL............I restarted, for some reason it stopped working, I went into system preferences and saw the the ethernet option was now saying "No Cable Connected" which was not true since it connected when I installed originally and when I run system diagnostics, Ethernet is now blurred out and I can only use Airport. Any idea what happened?? I had this working before but I don't get it to connect now for the life of me, I reinstalled Kalyway from square 1 and updated to 10.5.4 with no problems, all systems are a go with full sleep support and no cpus=1 anymore.

Any thoughts what could've happened??

Thanks man, this is working. I also needed to add 0x026910de to Info.plist file. I have not seen any crashes, i just downloaded ~700MB no crash. I will report back and let you know if I run into problems. BTW, does turning on the DEBUG flag in the Info.plist writes messages to the log? Perhaps, I should turn it on.

Well after I while I figured out that this driver is what locks up my keyboard and mouse after about 20min. Any idea why this is happening and how I could fix this?

Using the on-board lan with some motherboards seems to cause an instability. I am investigating the problem but I have a feeling that a more advanced version of XNU needs to be developed before the problem will be fixed.

If you have an athlon x2 I would suggest turning off cool&quiet and getting the latest Voodoo xnu kernel. Seems to work better that way.

UPDATE

GREAT work man finally got it. After i beat the sh*t out of my keyboard it works great.

Only thing is it keeps locking up mouse and keyboard when im updating os.

Any help on how to fix i also tryed -v -f cpus=1 and it locks up

\

thanks

everytime I load the nforcelan kext the kernel_task hogs my pc, it uses +50% of the cpu constantly. I've tried without cpu optimization, it seems better but kernel_task still uses 10% of the cpu.

So, I'm back to classic forcedeth for now, but I'm willing to test anything you can tell me.

I know this is a very noob question, but I have the same problem where I need to add the 0x026910de...my problem is I'm not very sure on where to add it on the list. I see all the other numbers listed in the info.plist file but do i put it after a specific set of them?

Im sorry for the noob question, and thanks in advance for any help that is to follow.

edit

nevermind, i'm just going to try the newest ideneb v1.3 10.5.5 which seems to have the driver i need on the iso already.

First - thank you for your work, but

with 0.61.3 i got 10mps speed, with 0.61.1 and 0.61.2 100mps.

But my lan is still at 1000mps, so maybe theres a way to got it with my system??

smile.gif

Leo 10.5.5, xnu-kernel 9.5, Athlon x2 4200, nforce4, Abit KN8 lsi